Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ok I can't figure out where to start
trapthem
post Jul 17 2016, 08:27 AM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 15,393

Yo, so 30k hit the 9yr old me in the feels and I might grab a couple of small things for shelf space or maybe a game or two (see what happens) so I'm looking for some advice on what to grab.

World Eaters and Death Guard will be the main interest - how they play etc and what should I be looking at mini wise cos I aint buying a rulebook and that ###### aint free. Interested in the forgeworld stuff and those jet bike things mainly as well as primarch dudes.

--------------------
WIP Thread
Tumblr
Projects in development:
Infinity: CA, Corregidor, MRRF
Malifaux: neverborn, outcasts
Warmachine: Cryx, Trollbloods
Bushido: Cult of Yurei
Bolt Action: late war soviet
Dark Age tbc
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
adreal
post Sep 26 2016, 11:52 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,249

If you are not going to build a army then just grab whatever you like the look of, and paint it to suit

If you want a army (or two) getting the two legion red books from black library online is a good place to start, much cheaper then getting all the black books and has all the up to date rules for legions

From there just simply building a list and collecting that, i would say getting betrayal of calth with the torso upgrade packs for whatever legion you want would be a good starting point, but thats a large start up investment

--------------------
Any tactical advise given has been approved by Lord Comondant Betlegukin Rockinbotkin the Third

I'm one dead hobo away from the full set

40k/fantasy 'tournaments' are a joke really
+Quote Post
morsla
post Sep 26 2016, 01:46 PM
Post #3

Paintmaster Mod

Member No.: 3

Just be aware that like any minis, this may not actually end up happening...

QUOTE(trapthem @ Jul 17 2016, 08:27 AM) *
I might grab a couple of small things for shelf space or maybe a game or two

If you're looking at playing some games, work out what army size is played in your area and plan around that. No use getting superheavy tanks if everyone plays kill team / zone mortalis games instead wink.gif

There can be a huge amount of variation within each legion, as you'll only have some basic rules (Legiones Astartes) to differentiate the legions at first. More specific builds will vary with the Rites of War, letting you focus on anything from an armoured company to a small elite "first company" army. Each legion has a bunch of generic Rites available, and a few specific ones that focus on different parts of their background.

Calth (or the new MkIII box rumoured to be coming out soon) are the best places to start a 30k army, as you'll get 30+ models in power armour to build some initial squads with.

--------------------
[www.morsla.net] [WATT] [40k | Burn the Witch! | Alpha Legion | Harlequins | Inaryss Eldar] | Deathwatch]
[Alkemy | Clan Walosi | Jade Triad | Avalon] [WM | Mercenaries | Cryx | River dock] [Hordes | Skorne]
[Infinity | Nomads] [Wrath of Kings | Goritsi] [WHQ | Silver Tower] [Epic | Iyanden]
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2020 - 03:28 PM