Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mechwarriors of Fortune, A Battletech Campaign System
Smurf
post Nov 26 2017, 06:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 4,526

I have always been a big fan of the Battletech universe and some years ago now I set about running some tournaments, more of which later, and a campaign system.

For the campaign it was decided that most players wanted a little bit more than just turning up with models and plonking them on the table. They wanted to feel like each damaging hit would have a long term effect on how their unit would operate. After all, life is cheap and Mechs are expensive in the Inner Sphere.

I set about building a campaign system that would have an element of record keeping whilst not being overpowering. A system where each and every C-Bill earned was important and taking risks could come back to haunt you.

Ultimately I wanted a campaign system that would reward players who played to protect their assets whilst still trying to bid on contracts and secure good standing to one or more of the great houses.

Mechwarriors of Fortune was born.

The Campaign system was a hit and players jumped on board to add interesting twists and help streamline the rules.

Here are the results.

http://unit57inminiature.blogspot.com.au/2...of-fortune.html

IPB Image

Feel free to give my campaign system a go and tweek it however you like.

Thanks for looking.

--------------------
Hutch

My Little Blog

www.unit57inminiature.blogspot.com.au
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 07:27 AM