Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V « < 17 18 19  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Crazy Army Plan - 11 Down and onto Dwarfs & Necron!, 2000 Points for each army!
drone
post Jun 19 2017, 11:37 AM
Post #361

Tetris King

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 8,458

Go the gold man, looks better with the bone colour.

I'd go a dark grey with a heavy black wash/ink on the guns. Keep the guns dark and basic so the bone and gold can make the model work for you.

--------------------
Armies thus far:

Ulthwe' Eldar
Iron Warriors CSM
Thousand Sons CSM - Modeling Diary Found Here
Howling Griffons - Modeling Diary Found Here
Leopard Print Nids - Modeling Diary Found Here

BFG - Eldar

40K - More fun than riding ponies.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
BIG
post Jun 19 2017, 09:30 PM
Post #362

Member No.: 14,152

So I have had another idea for the Necron. It is a sort of reverse of the previous schemes where the bone is the core colour and the metallic is the plates. It kind of has the effect of making the Necron look a lot like an armoured skeleton. Which I think is kind of fitting since I see Necrons as undead in space. Would appreciate your thoughts on it I have also gone with a dark grey washed in black for the gun which I think will work quite well.

IPB Image
IPB Image

Thanks for reading.

--------------------
Check out my Crazy Army plan here
Check out the Fluff for my Crazy Army plan here
2000 Point Armies
[40k] Murdochs 5th Armoured Detachment, 34/87th Tullarium Armour; Taskforce of the Garrsak Clan Company; Grimskragas Razorfangs, Guiding Light of Yarn Le'ath; Hive Fleet Acidica;

[Warhammer] The Obsidian Knightly Order; The Wondrous Caravan of the Traveller and his Maneaters; Bronze Host of Ka-Sabar; Dragonriders of Caledor; Vain Quest for the Grail, 11th Crusade of Araby;
+Quote Post
BIG
post Jul 3 2017, 10:40 PM
Post #363

As some of you may have noticed I have some problems with my pictures. In there wisdom Photobucket have changed their policy on free third party hosted images. Most frustrating. I am working on a solution and once I have found it I will begin to rebuild the blog.

I do plan to keep updating even if I can't do it with pictures yet. Which is a pity as I have a lovely gyrocopter finished apart from the base......

Will return to. Penal programming as soon as I am able.

--------------------
2000 Point Armies
[40k] Murdochs 5th Armoured Detachment, 34/87th Tullarium Armour; Taskforce of the Garrsak Clan Company; Grimskragas Razorfangs, Guiding Light of Yarn Le'ath; Hive Fleet Acidica;

[Warhammer] The Obsidian Knightly Order; The Wondrous Caravan of the Traveller and his Maneaters; Bronze Host of Ka-Sabar; Dragonriders of Caledor; Vain Quest for the Grail, 11th Crusade of Araby;
+Quote Post
flying poo
post Jul 4 2017, 12:00 AM
Post #364

Member No.: 14,316

Use DakkaDakka for image hosting. It's free and would never do what photobucket is doing.

This post has been edited by flying poo: Jul 4 2017, 12:02 AM
+Quote Post
BIG
post Jul 4 2017, 07:20 AM
Post #365

I post on Dakka Dakka as well (under the name Archer) and I wasn't aware you could use Them to 3rd party host? I thought it was only for use on their site. I shall investigate this further.

--------------------
2000 Point Armies

+Quote Post
BIG
post Jul 4 2017, 12:55 PM
Post #366

So I think I have figured out how I am going to host pictures......

IPB Image

Awesome it worked. Some of the Veterans from the Astra Militarum are a fitting way to get this blog back on the road.

I will now be using wordpress and if I find the time I will even start to put a few random musings up there. But first to rebuild this blog.

This post has been edited by BIG: Jul 4 2017, 12:55 PM

--------------------
2000 Point Armies

+Quote Post
flying poo
post Jul 5 2017, 09:32 AM
Post #367

Member No.: 14,316

QUOTE(BIG @ Jul 4 2017, 07:20 AM) *

I post on Dakka Dakka as well (under the name Archer) and I wasn't aware you could use Them to 3rd party host? I thought it was only for use on their site. I shall investigate this further.

It's simple to use dakkadakka to 3rd party host just copy and paste all the Forum image url from the share this image section. Same as you'd do for a dakka post.

Here is me linking one of your older pics from your Archer account.

IPB Image

DakkaDakka is the only 3rd party wargaming image hosting you'll need.

This post has been edited by flying poo: Jul 5 2017, 12:21 PM
+Quote Post
BIG
post Yesterday, 06:31 PM
Post #368

No photos yet, life is just so hectic. But over the last month and a half (mainly working weekends only) I have managed almost 200 metres of fencing, sub framed the shed so it is divided in half and managed to clad it as well as paint the house to boot. But it is all worth it in the end. But I am sick to death of doing 12 hours a day 7 days a week so am looking forward to being able to down tools for a little while.

On the baby front things are looking pretty good still although my wife's auto immune condition is starting to flare again so that may require our little one to be born earlier than expected. But further testing will decide that for us.

On the hobby front I have been pretty productive considering how wrecked I have been over the last month. I have the Dwarf Warriors and Gyrocopter to show off still, am halfway into one of the engineers and I am about 25% of the way into 40 Necron Warriors. Hoping to get most of the dwarfs and Necron done before baby joins us. Oh and I have started to work on Leman Russ. Easily the most detailed Prumarch to boot.

Just wanted to pop in and keep the blog flowing. Hope to get some photos up soon. Maybe.

--------------------
2000 Point Armies

+Quote Post

19 Pages V « < 17 18 19
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2017 - 12:55 AM