> Admonitions of a Suss Sufferer: Mark 2, all about Mark 3
Angry_Norway
post Aug 16 2018, 09:23 PM
Post #601

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 10,012

QUOTE(Master Chris @ Aug 16 2018, 03:57 PM) *

OH HOW SWEET THIS MOMENT.

ANGRY NORWAY ADMITTING THAT ASHLYNN ISN'T TRASH.

I've definitely said this before tongue.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post Aug 16 2018, 10:15 PM
Post #602

Member No.: 4,171

Never gets old, though. smile.gif

--------------------
Everything that existed before I was born is irrelevant, everything that exists after I die is lucky.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Aug 21 2018, 10:53 AM
Post #603

Game 344 - Ashlynn1 (LR) vs Haley2 (SD)
Epic Recon

Alright, calling this one a game might be a misnomer.

Haley with Storm Striders, Fireflies and stuff. I dropped Ashlynn, mostly desiring to see how clock went. This matchup only happens in tourneys if something has gone very wrong, only real play I've got is to get Ashlynn forward as quick as possible to Haley.

I win the die roll, get first.
Um....yeah, sod it, this can be an interpretive Gif fest.

Ashlynn Turn 1:
IPB Image

Haley Turn 1:
IPB Image

Ashlynn Turn 2:
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Haley Turn 2:
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Ashlynn Turn 3:
IPB Image
IPB Image

Haley Turn 3:
IPB Image

Hmm. Not a sterling performance obviously.
The early casualties to haley were unfortuante, but hard to avoid. Ok, early casualties yes, letting Gorman get leaped onto was pure amateur hour.
Likewise popping Roullete on such a low odds assassination run, the only Assaulter with a real chance to hit was the Vanguard. Damnable Trench. Really should have forced the side swap over going first.
In the third round I should have just camped and run, didn't get much from Ashlynn Quickening for that attempt on the Storm Strider.

Overall had the right idea, utterly inept execution. Needed to just run forward with Ashlynn camping up and hiding behind the Jacks. The Jacks all die, Ashlynn runs again, burns focus to stop electro leap damage. Eventually counter feats.

Down to 24 minutes as well, straight up terribad compared to my Thexus days.

Also, the Tick is far to good a series to be consigned to the dumpster fire of Amazon Prime, someone do the collective streaming service thingy already. And fix my garbage net connection.

Wavering on the meme lists now, enough stress elsewhere that I might just plop down the Winions to have a fighting chance instead.Though the lack of one more Bone Swarm will cause some list rejinking (Of all the models to be hard to locate.....).
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post Aug 21 2018, 02:40 PM
Post #604

On one hand, I do appreciate the love and care you put into the play-by-play descriptions and photos of the table-state.

But on the other, Jesus, a good old fashioned Gif-drop is an excellent narrative tool.

Agree that Ashlynn versus Haley is the first match-up you'll play into when you die and go to the Hot Place with the guys in Red Pajamas.

--------------------
Everything that existed before I was born is irrelevant, everything that exists after I die is lucky.
+Quote Post
Lazy Peon
post Aug 22 2018, 10:00 AM
Post #605

Member No.: 10,630

QUOTE(Angry_Norway @ Aug 21 2018, 11:53 AM) *

Though the lack of one more Bone Swarm will cause some list rejinking (Of all the models to be hard to locate.....).

I have 2, jank away!
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Aug 22 2018, 10:02 AM
Post #606

QUOTE(Lazy Peon @ Aug 22 2018, 10:00 AM) *

I have 2, jank away!

In my heart of hearts, I'll always be short one Bone Swarm tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Aug 27 2018, 11:39 AM
Post #607

Game 345 - Arkadius1 (WWfF) vs Baldur2 (BoO) - SA Champs Rnd 1
Epic Pit

Don't drink from your deodorant canister, it doesn't really work.

So...yeah, sod the Merc meme lists. I'm not enjoying them that much and I've got enough other junk going on, so out popped Arkadius and Raskilicous. The standard Arkadius build I've had for a while and the Rask with all the Boneswarm friends.

Said Rask list is basically for a fighting chance into Primal Terrors, so there being no Legion players on the day made that a bad read of the locality. Oh well. Otherwise there's some Cryx and Ossrum that would be a tough game, plus one Gorten list that was a hard red for me (Feat vs low model count lists is an ugly equation).

I also dropped my case on the way to the venue, so one Road Hog spent the the tourney as a pair of legs on a base. Screw this metal model nonsense, bring the other stuff on. Bar the Hydra (Skorne one, not whatever the Ret thing is).

The opening round is a returning Vet from dim days of opposing Bane Units going all out of activation on each other, in for his second game of Mark 3 for the opening round of the tourney. Bold.

It's a monolisting of Baldur2 with double Woldwrath, so that's a thing. I win the die roll to go first and epic Pit is set out on the centre line, so the plan is to just run up and jam out of scenario. Much Bacon must be squished by stone alas.

IPB Image
Round 1: My stuff all runs up, Aggravator pops up. I'm reasonably content that I can kill one Wold Wrath over the course of the game, so the real concern point is Megalith out on the left getting up to the left zone. A Road Hog/Gorax crew go out that way with the dream of abusing ghostly.

The Wraths walk up and throw out some shots, chipping at the rightmost War Hog.
A rockwall gets plonked down in front of the Gargantuans.

IPB Image
Minion 2: What the? This rock wall stuff is bull######! aka neither of the casters I'm having it, ergo it's clearly unfair.

Anyway, could get a bunch of stuff into the Wold Wraths, ultimately though I'm better off dribbling stuff in and waiting it out.

Hutchuck pops in off the right, Rusts the right Woldwrath.
Orin zaps away the manikins, letting one of the Road Hogs assault up, setting a solo on fire, punching the Sentry Stone to death then sprinting backward.
One War Hog gets up into the right Wold Wrath, wasn't expecting to kill it. This is good, 'cause he sure didn't.

Couple Razor Boars run up to be in the way, otherwise stuff sits around and whistles.

IPB Image
Circle 2: Fire kills the Wayfarer (I think? One of the dudes obsessed with their cloak colour anyway).
The right Wold Wrath smacks down the War Hog that bounced off of him, after he gets repaired up to mid-30's health.

Left Wold Wrath tramples over the blocking Razor Boars. This gets to the War Hog behind the forest, not to worried as he's incredibly likely to survive on a couple boxes then punch back and remove most of its health. Except I was dead wrong and the 'hog imploded. Woops.

Baldur kills the Razor boar that got trampled over, pops his feat and camps a focus stack.

Fortunately Megalith gets stuck on his own blocking Razor Boar, killing him but not advancing, simplifying scoring for me next round.

I get the right rectangle zone, now 1-0.

IPB Image
Minion 3: Hutchuck engage support models after Rusting the damaged Wold Wrath.
Buffed up Road Hog kills it, then sprints to join all the medium base warbeasts going around the central Wold Wrath to stop it trampling anywhere.
Swamp Gobber Chef raises it's mighty fork and runs toward Megalith, eager to cook up the dead Razor Boar. Or something. He's not going there to live, tell his progeny it was a noble sacrifice.

Left Road Hog kills the objective without to much issue, I score both rectangles to go up 4-0.

IPB Image
Circle splatters more of my stuff, then I win on scenario.
Should have blocked with the Battle Boar early on to stop the trample. Not like there were infantry models to kill.
That's the morning cobwebs out of the way, hopefully the future involves less arm 23 things with sacred ward. Not getting to Grasp some Cripples makes the numbers on killing those gargs to dicey for my tastes.

Round 1 dusted, a bunch more to go!
I spent way to long trying and failing to find the rocks attack gif I pictured in my mind.
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post Aug 27 2018, 12:32 PM
Post #608

Oh, let me grasp *your* cripples.

Assuming no scenario, would you have attrition'ed out that second Wold Wrath if you had to?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Aug 27 2018, 02:50 PM
Post #609

QUOTE(Master Chris @ Aug 27 2018, 12:32 PM) *

Oh, let me grasp *your* cripples.

Assuming no scenario, would you have attrition'ed out that second Wold Wrath if you had to?

Nah, once the first Wold Wrath pops that Wold Wrath just gets held up while Baldur gets killed.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Aug 27 2018, 03:00 PM
Post #610

Game 346 - Arkadius1 (WWfF) vs Orion1 (DI) - SA Champs Rnd 2 - Shorty
Invasion

In the land of Oz, there's convergence. Always convergence. At every turn in every meta, the gears are flung wide.

It's Orion DI/Lucant Clockwork. Hmm. Boneswarms don't work with CoC much alas, so It's going to be a bit of a slug match with the Daddy, going to be a long game of applying Crippling Grasp and awkward feat timing.

Fortunately I was in a land not unduly plagued with Arkadius experience, so Orion gets dropped instead, which makes it a game of either my feat kills Orion or the Prime Axiom. If I don't achieve one of those then I'm in a very difficult position from Tow Cables dragging my stuff in and doing juicy murder.

Relatively sparse table this time around, chief terrain being a scattering of walls around the zone edges. I win the die roll and take first, my stuff runs up. Convergence runs up.

Unfortunately Orion is to far out on the right, only shielded by Servitors.

IPB Image

Orin, a Primal Shock and a Razor Boar clear out the blocking Servitors. Feat moves the Big Pigs up.
Road Hog with Primal, Ghostly and Forced Evo bins Orion without to much grief.

IPB Image

It's the freebie game that doesn't repeat a second time.
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post Aug 27 2018, 03:15 PM
Post #611

Ouch.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Aug 27 2018, 06:10 PM
Post #612

Game 347 - Arkadius1 (WWfF) vs Vlad1 (WGK) - SA Champs Rnd 3
Epic Recon

Third round, pair down into glorious ruskies.
Vlad 2 Armoured Corp or Vlad1 Winter Guard.

The Winterguard get dropped, so once again Arkadius has scooped into the easier matchup, as he's got the speed to get up in there and start mauling away.

Epic Recon favours Will Work for Food as well, so that's nice. There's a defensive central cloud for Arkadius to hide behind, so popping the Spriggan would be pretty good.
I won the roll and picked first.

IPB Image
Round 1: We run at each other. Notably the Carriage goes way up on the right and each Khador jack pops up at the Khador edge of the zone. The Rockets are strung out amongst the various riflemen units.

IPB Image
Minion 2: Dammit, word must have got around at this point. Vlad is suuuper far back. Not the end of the world, can just kill other stuff.

The Battle Boar has Forced Evo from the get go so that he survives to get amongst the infantry, said piggy and the right War Hog get Primalled.
I wanted to also send something into the Spriggan, I opted not to as the Road Hogs are better off lining up super sweet sprays to clinch the attrition games later on, as well as killing said Khador heavy. In theory.

Razor Boars run and Arkadius feats, moving War Hogs and the Battle Boar up, Razor Boars maul some of the rockets.

I also forget to frenzy a couple Razor Boars out on the left.
IPB Image

The left War Hog goes into the Marauder, hurts itself for damage. Rolls like garbage, only stripping away one arm. Right War Hog is Primalled, used feat to get around the house. Goes into the Carriage that Hutchuck Rusted, just barely kills it. Hmm.

Hutchuck himself engages with the Winterguard rockety crew dudes.

Battle Boar is Primalled, gets up the centre, kills six dudes and falls shy of getting to Kovnik Joe. Meh, good enough.

Arkadius camps a fair bit and hides behind the Road Hogs.

IPB Image
Khador 2: The Jacks go first, they join the War Hogs in vague ineptitude land as the Marauder leaves the War Hog in front of him on half a dozen boxes and the Spriggan kills one Razor Boar, takes the mind out on another.

Vlad then pops Signs and Portents, charges the Battle Boar. Even with his buff he flubbs the rolls and does a tiny scrape of damage.

Aiyanna Kisses one of the Road Hogs, various rockets and CRA's start going off, they Hyper Aggressive that Roadie up into melee with a Winter Guard dude, then Arkadius gets shot four times. I camped 5 Fury, so it all gets flocked around the place, basically the best Fury management I could ask for. Not that Khador was in a great position after both the Jacks and Vlad absolutely fluffed up.

The Gobber Chef I through over to my flag also got popped, so no free score for me.

IPB Image
Minion 3: The Battle Boar was Primalled, so frenzies on flag. Spikes hard and does five damage. Clearly a sign from Moccus. There were also a couple other frenzies, mainly the War Hog on the right who goes into a Rocketeer and misses.

Left War Hog kills the Marauder to ensure a clean lane.

Arkadius jabs the Road Hog next to him with adrenaline, heals things then tries repoing to a defensive wall, doesn't quite get within one inch of it so that could be quite bad if this kill run doesn't work out.

Back Adrenalled Road Hog dials up for speed, walks across and flamethrowers a pack of Winterguard away, freeing up the now Primalled and Forced Evo'd Road Hog to go into Vlad, crit knockdowns the charge attack and eats him without to much issue.

Um....nom nom when Bacon eats you?

One of the four undefeated, the others to get through are a pair of Cryx, both quite scary, and a Grymkin that doesn't have a good Arkadius drop. Really hoping the Cryxites duel it out for the least problematic path forward.

QUOTE(Master Chris @ Aug 27 2018, 03:15 PM) *

Ouch.

There are a number of casters to avoid for the newer player games, Arkadius is probably the only Minion one? (Like, Rask is excellent, but still plays out a game for the most part).
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Aug 27 2018, 07:50 PM
Post #613

Game 348 - Arkadius1 (WWfF) vs Gaspy3 (BI) - SA Champs Rnd 4
Spread the Net

So we break for the night, the event morphs to be a 5 rounder to account for lame inter-staters with poorly thought through flight times (aka me), everyone was super lovely and accommodating about that (Was originally a 4 round with a top 4 cut, so 6 games if you are near the top of the leader board).

Anyway, our dreams of some sweet Space Communal Hiveism running some evil anti-demon faeries appearing as our foes falls through our fingers like an Australian Prime Ministership (For future reference: This was the week the Matador Clown failed his bid to hold onto power and a potato, a sociopath and a desperate moderate vied for his red nose of power. The sociopath one, sadly taken as a positive over the potato when really its still not great).

I draw some scrub who hardly wins anything I hear. Also super lovely to be around, peeps should go to the Penal Colonies own Penal Colony for games.

It's Skarre3 (DA FLOATY BOAT) and Gaspy 9 Slayers. Honestly I call it the middle ground for me list wise out of the three potential opponents, the other Cryx having Denny2 for which I had no real answer (The Rask list being tuned toward Primal Terrors means it lacks room for a Mist Speaker, so Magic attacks aren't suitable to killing Heavies plus the second list has a Wraith Engine).

Anyway, the presence of a Huge base caster predictably forces the Gaspy 9 Slayer drop.
Some regret at lack of reps into the slayer list, pretty sure I have to feat early and remove 4-5 Slayers with my War Hogs. After that I'm out threated, however a fully buffed light should kill a Slayer so we get to trade back and forth if I position correctly.

Technically I can play to kill Gaspy, however that's incredibly unlikely with player skill, spare slayers and his own feat that he doesn't otherwise need.
It is also Spread the Net and the opposing list isn't overburdened with solos, chief point being if Orin can lightning the Machine wraith and the other two solos die then I've got a reasonable scoring option advantage.

I sadly lose the die roll, I take the side with a building on the right I can potentially use as a Road Hog Ghostly yo-yo. This is less about going first being a be all end all so much as its been a long time since I've needed to deploy with the plan of feating on turn 1.

IPB Image
Cryx 1: All the stuff runs up, the forward central Slayer has Ashen Veil.
The Machine Wraith is carefully placed in line with the Cryx flag, but up back to prevent an early far reaching electro leap from Orin (Lightning being magical is definitely one of the Iron Kingdoms Mad Science moments, starting as it does where physics ends).

IPB Image
Minion 1: Alright, this is the key turn of the game, if I execute this properly and use my War Hogs to strike hard enough then we have a game.

A large number of considerations here, being both proper feat application and long term game positioning for both contesting and piece trading.

After some range measuring, the plan is to get both War Hogs into melee and one Road Hog up there to knock down the Ashen Veiled Slayer, this means the War Hog doesn't have to try to dice through 7's to hit (Primal Mat 8 versus pseudo defence 15).

Razor Boars run out to various points, two go way left to dribble in and contest the Cryx rectangle.
One goes out super wide for a free charge on the Cryx arc node beside their flag.
Two go up the guts for Arkadius feat trigger targets.

Witch Doc ghosts up the left War Hog so he can get over that wall in front of my deployment.
The Road Hog with a destiny and the War Hogs all get Primalled.

Arkadius goes, throws out upkeeps, he doesn't advance so that he can Raw Adrenaline stab the Road Hogs. Feats. I go up and do the Razor Boar on the Arcnode to get it out of the way.
As I track back towards the important stuff, I remember the last round played yesterday, where I forgot Razor Boar frenzies. I see a Razor Boar that gets a lols charge on a Slayer. He goes in for a minor poke.

Sodding disastrous.
IPB Image
Because Arkadius didn't advance and that wall exists, there is now no way for the already Primalled right War Hog to get up into the line of Slayers.

This is an instant shift from the game being yellow to red.

The Left Road and War Hogs still move up, so at least we'll get something.

Arkadius also panic casts Primal on the Road Hog still in front of him. Leaping from mistake to mistake here, for that 'hog to get into the Slayers the War Hog would need to not kill the Ashen Slayer. Egads. Guardian Beast goes up.

Arkadius repo's up a bit, Orin cancels his plan to run behind the building to instead Arcane Vortex camp to stop a loss to Hellfire as the Gobbers cloud.

Forward Road Hog Head Butts the Ashen Veiled Slayer to the ground, the forward War Hog gets up, kills two slayers and damages another. Also had the worst result mathematically wise as I leave a slayer on a box, so I spend an attack viciously overkilling it instead of doing a solid multiple column whack on a jack elsewhere. Curses.

The War Hog I failed runs to my rectangle zone, basically need to ride through all my heavies being dead or frenzied next turn and see what we can do.

IPB Image
Cryx 2: The Slayers move around, Gaspy chills behind his wall that he isn't shifting from anytime soon.
The three forward suicide charge placed Razor Boars/Road Hog/War Hog are all killed with ease.
The Troll mechanic repair dudes unit all toe the central zone.

IPB Image
Minion 2: Alrighty, it's Spread the Net, so the plan has to be to try to eke out a scenario win. This is my opportunity to score first plus bring my heavies back online, so lets do it.

Road Hog frenzies and fails on the wall, War Hog goes into a Razor Boar and belts it upside its rump for some damage.

Hutchuck pops out on the left, he rusts the Slayer contesting my flag.
The Rabo's in his vicinity shuffle, one toes the Cryx rectangle.

Arkadius shuffles back, the left Gorax gets Forced Evo, Primal and I Crippling Grasp the Rusted slayer. Gorax goes in and horribly overkills it.
Gobber Chef goes to my friendly flag.
One of the Bellows Crew moves up to toe the centre zone, for the greater good.

I score just my flag alas, 1-0.

IPB Image
Cryx 3: In the Cryx rectangle a Night Wretch shoots the contesting Razor Boar and straight up kills it. Well....damn.....
It's bro does fail to touch Hutchuck, so that's something.

Mechanics move around, one of them applies curse. This leaves one of them outside of the circle zone.
Slayers converge on Arkadius' location, one easily kills the Gorax that did the punchy punchy in the previous turn.
Two go into the Road Hog, one without focus does a good belt, I attempt to Guardian Beast knock down the other and sadly don't succeed. Road Hog is brutally murdered.

The Machine Wraith goes to the Cryx flag, so they score that and their rectangle. The Slayer previously contesting my rectangle behind the house went into the Road Hog, so I score my own rectangle. 2-2.

IPB Image
Minion 3: Alright, next step in the eke along: Kill the mechanic unit so they can't get back into the zone next turn and slam the slayer near my flag for another cheek point. Can't kill it as that requires Arkadius casting and he needs to run away from the two Slayers near him, they are out of control however I can't afford even mild attacks on Arkadius as the transfers would kill what models I have left.

Orin Lightning kills a mechanic and the soul trapper, he also contests the centre zone.
The Battle Boar fails to land the slam roll, so....sod. How dare these plans with low odds of success fall apart on me?!

Left Razor Boar and Hutchuck go in on the Cryx rectangle, the Ogrun misses his attacks.
War Hog runs back to a Guard Beast position for the next turn.

I flubb the placement of the right most Razor Boar, so I score my rectangle and fail to contest the Cryx flag. 3-3. Urk.

IPB Image
Round 4/Cryx 5: We play on a bit, ultimately Cryx kill the War Hog in their next turn then they just clean up until the scenario win. I kill a Nightwretch, so you know, clear moral victory win over here.

Well, obviously there's an over riding mistake of that War Hog not getting to go up, though that was compounded by other areas.
Arkadius should have advanced instead of pointless adrenaline application, the choice of a Road Hog for that Slayer knockdown feels both necessary and awful at the same time as I need that to succeed and lights have a harder time of it.
The correct play in hindsight is to do Primals after the feat movements some of the time, enough for flexibility while still allowing some fury clearing. A Gorax and the Battle Boar should have frenzied up in order to Primal and Slam.

This is the first game in a long time that makes me want to change the list. I think while this is in the meta I need to drop one lot of Razor Boars for another Gorax, more painfully I think I really want a puppet strings in the list which probably means dropping Hutchuck for Eilish. The former already has the models moved to the case, the latter I'm still begging and pleading with my love of ambushing rust.

Anyway, we still have a round to play and it is time to kneel and beg lady Strength of Schedule for a podium finish.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Aug 27 2018, 09:16 PM
Post #614

Game 349 - Rask1 (WWfF) vs Ashlynn1 (LR) - SA Champs Rnd 5
Standoff

Well, it's that garbage caster I couldn't summon the enthusiasm to play. Not going to look good if I lose this one. I opt to drop Rask as Storm Division-lite appears.

It's an odd feat trade most likely, I pop mine then Ashlynn gets a bit more out of hers from running and jamming. If she tries to hold it to get offensive work out of it then I probably get to strong an attrition edge for the Llaelese to pull it out.
Otherwise Dahlia deals with the Storm Lances for the most part, now that they can't spark node they've lost the easiest way to get away from Haunting Melody in an effective way.

I pick first, my side gets a defensive trench and a wall, there's a central building and Llael gets a hill.
There's a massive blob of corrosion water on one side that gets nullified by the Mercs deploying with a huge emphasis on the left side.

IPB Image
Round 1: Seeing where the Storm Lancers deployed on the extreme left, the Lessers head off that way. One Bone Swarm gets Fury, another receives Admonition, along with Skarath they all pile into the trench. The Pots advance and put some corpses out.
Alten and the Totem Hunter go up behind the building.

In response, Ashlynn throws Quicken on the Storm Lances, Admonition on the Mangler and moves forward onto the hill. Mangler moves up near her.
Gastonne and his Vanguard try some shots that lightly touch the Furied Bone Swarm.
The Storm Lancers run way up the right, one of them triggers the Bone Swarm to move forward.
It's now in charge range of Ashlynn, the only models available to run in the way are a couple of the Storm Guard. Blades? Storm dudes anyway with garbage defensive stats.

IPB Image
Hmph. Not a great picture for this one.
Anyway, the Fury Swarm kills a couple Storm Lances with an Overtake.

Skarath aims and kills the blocking Storm Guard.
Bone Swarm gets Rage, Fury, Boundless Charge, Puppet Strings, three corpses.
Charges one camp Ashlynn, the Mangler shuffles embarrassingly off its own Admonition.
Basically have two boosted 11's to hit, then dice + 6 damage. They both needed to hit, they did, she died.

Because she's garbage. Completely reversing my previous moderate position, she's hot garbage until she beats me. #ComeFightMeDave

I then pull ahead in the strength of schedules and end up third, so that was an expected bonus. Sweet weekend, would do again.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Sep 3 2018, 01:14 PM
Post #615

Game 350 - Cyphon1 (OT) vs Locke1 (PM)
Epic Pit

Bereaved at the lack of postal arrival of my next Bone swarm, it's time to try some snowflake stuff so that I can be horribly crushed and move on from (Not you, Ashlynn. I'll never really move on from how much you suck.).

It's Thexus' loser boyfriend time!

Cyphon with tripple Wrecker, double Subduer, a Warden and a way to much support.
The worst part of this list is that I contempalted both Lynys/Edrea and Devil Dogs. I still feel a little ill.
As it is there's only one free unit of Overlords, some Bender Drudges to fuel Cyphon casting, a Machine Wraith, Pistol Wraith, Bloat Thrall, pair of Agitators, a unit of Eliminators.

I also left the cards behind so had to use Warroom for the game. HOW DO PEOPLE LIVE LIKE THAT?! Though the whole "time to staball my monstrosities for a damage point" probably didn't help.

Going into Crucible Guard, so confusion is going to reign. The theme was the one with + 2 Deploy, whatever that is.
Locke with a Vulcan, Toro, Suppresor.....Vindicator? Yeah, the super Mule thing.
Some Assault Troopers, combat alchemists, pair of Trancer idiouts, Gorman, Hutchuck.

I lose the roll, though the randomised terrain did me the nice favour of having the centre piece be a fog bank, so that helps out. I take a side somewhat constrained by a forest and water terrain pieces, primarily to avoid a different forest making getting into the right zone midly annoying. This is due to Onslaught giving pathfinder on charges only, so my heavies can possibly get gummed up.

Expectation on my end is that every game of Cyphon will be dictated by if the feat can get enough work done.

IPB Image
Round 1: CG run up, Toro/Suppressor on the left, the Colossal up the guts, infantry/Vindicator on the right. Sentry goes on the Vindicator, Redline on the Vulkan.
The Trancers also chill out on the left side.

There's a bunch of fumbling as I attempt to re-Cephalyx again.
I completely forget that the point of the Incorp models is to apply the Bloat Thrall Corrosion without doing a POW 14 to one of them. Oh well, it was the Warden with Perseverance so didn't hurt that bad.

Eliminators stab a bit to allow running, as the point of early Cephalyx allocation is getting those Focus points out.

One Wrecker takes the left, then there's a central blob, Subduer on the right. Cyphon is out on the right side, ostensibly to apply his def debuff on the units where it'll be more relevant than on the jacks, really it's because I planned my unpack pretty badly.
Pistol Wraith chills up the back, disliking the presence of the Trancers on his side. He's just here to relax and stationary a warjack man. Machine Wraith runs up the far right to be an annoying contestor/jack threat later on.
Support stuff chills up back.

IPB Image
CG 2: The guns try to light stuff up, suffer from awkward positioning around the central fob bank. The Warden Shield Guards a shot from the Vulcan to Hyper Aggresive forward, the Combat Alchemists then chuck grenades and stationary it. Boo. Hiss. He loses his left arm, otherwise is trucking on alright.

One Trancer hides in a trench on the left, another charges up into a Wrecker, having fallen just shy of being able to get a line on the Agitator hiding in the forest. Scratches the Wrecker up a tiny amount.
Hutchuck, repped by a proxy base, ambushed in on the left and missed with his grenade.

IPB Image
Merc 2: Locke didn't feat and monstrosities are in range to kill stuff I want dead, so time to make it happen.
Cyphon allocates a bit, puts up Onslaught. Not super needed unless the Toro counter charges, in which case a Wrecker can go in and smash it after some forest negotiation. Breath Stealers the Vulcan which was a waster of focus that I should have camped.
Eliminators charge, one suicides as she guts the forward Trancer, the other kills Hutchuck.Command 10 is pretty rad.

Centre zone wise, where things happen. The Agitators move forward and Agitate.
The Warden charges the Suppressor, the Toro doesn't take the counter charge bait. Kills the Suppressor, alas I messed up the placement and didn't engage Gorman, so no possibility of clearing the left zone now. Humbug.
A Cyphon spray amd Subduer nets clears out the few infantry models blocking the two middle Wreckers, who go in and kill and the Vulcan. Noice.

Left Wrecker can't possibly clear the left zone, so just walks up and kills the Trancer. Outside of allocate/heal range, shouldn't matter to much given he's got a full stack. Toro could try to kill him, seems like a low priority for CG though.

Pretty quick attrition lead, however Cyphon was left in a stupid spot and may just die to charging Assault Troopers. I also don't score because I'm a ninny.

IPB Image
CG 3: The Combat Alchemists and the Vindicator have a go at clearing out the Agitator blocking the lane to Cyphon, alas for them Sac Pawn keeps him chugging.

It's a bit of a forlorn effort at this point, to much lost. All the Monstrosities are dinged up, but ARM 20 is pretty good.
Locke has a go, putting up Engine of Destruction, feating and charging the Wreckers, rolls appallingly and really just gives out some Monstrosity focus. The Toro does a similar effort on the Warden.

IPB Image
Ceph 3: Agitator Agitates, first wrecker flubb all the attacks as Locke's feat gets her defense up. The Second one headbutts her down and strips her camp, subduer moves in and kills her pretty easily.

Hmmm.
Mixed first outing. Corrosion Focus generation is a mistake, Bloat Thrall should probably be another two Machine Wraiths or something. Battlegroup felt alright, though an additional threat extender in some way would be nice.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Sep 5 2018, 10:13 AM
Post #616

Game 351 - Cyphon (OT) vs Morghoul2 (DoA)
Spread the Net

Alrighty, let's Cyphon again!
Full list thrown down to commerate it before inevitable changes.

Mercenary Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] Operating Theater
[Cyphon 1] Cognifex Cyphon [+29]
- Subduer [11]
- Subduer [11]
- Warden [10]
- Wrecker [14]
- Wrecker [14]
- Wrecker [14]
Bloat Thrall [4]
Cephalyx Agitator [3]
Cephalyx Agitator [3]
Machine Wraith [2]
Pistol Wraith [5]
Cephalyx Mind Bender & Drudges (min) [7]
Cephalyx Overlords [0(8)]
Kayazy Eliminators [5]
- Cephalyx Dominator [1]

Into Skorinions. The second of the Morghouls with a Swamp Horror, Blindwalker, Archidon, load of Farrow Valkries and some Brigands. Plus some Paingiver units/solos.

There's a central forest and a other terrain that doesn't matter much. I win the die roll and go first.

No pic for round 1, so that's just something to deal with.

I run stuff up after the Bloat thrall gets corrosion on a couple monstrosities, having scattered a short distance off the Machine Wraith deployed amongst all the heavies.
Machine Wraith runs up to my flag, Pistol Wraith starts making his way to the Skorne flag. There is a Feralgeist up that way, so he could die in an embarrasing way.

Monstrosities mostly bundle up around a hill, facing off against the Brigands on the left who prey one of the Subduers.

Skorne also run up. Fascinating stuff. Archidon gets the go Incoporeal spell, at which point I discover I only remember Morgoul1 and was completely wrong about every spell number 2 bro had. Mortality? Hmmm. Balls. Forgot just exactly why Xekaar had no point. At least his feat has sod all attrition play given eyeless sight ignores blind.
One of the Razorback crews shoots the Preyed Subduer, who Hyper Aggresives then gets shot a bit.
That opening blast also wings a Kayazy and puts her on one box.

IPB Image
Ceph 2: This list is far to honest for me. Good threat ranges, but not verging on omnipotent oppression or super control. Ideally I'd Gallows a beast in then Subduer it, however the blocking infantry doesn't really allow it. Humumumumum.

Not worth feating defensively either, going to be a turn of awkward positioning and sadness.
Preyed Subduer legs it to be behind the forest, Cyphon heals him up.
The other Monstrosities crowd around. Kayazy run to weird spots on the left, awaiting the ambushers.
Incorp models stay near their respective flags.
Overlords chill out leaning toward the right side to spray away if the ambushers come in on that side or whatever comes in to contest my rectangle.

IPB Image
Skorne 2: Bloodrunners ambush in on the left, manage to kill the two Kayazy. Sadness.

Brigands move up, pop shot the Warden who Hyper Aggressives forward. A unit of Valkries then charge him and ding him up somewhat, though he loses no systems/fleshy bits.

Blindwalker shuffles up into the centre zone, arcs a Mortality to the right side Subduer. The enraged Archidon then charges in, maxes Fury to lay down some sweet damage however leaves the Monstrosity alive, so no sprinting away. Unit of Valkries promptly charge in and easily squish it.

Right side one of the Razor back rew lobs a shot that does a couple points to an Overlord, then repo to toe my rectangle. The Feralgeist charges the Pistol Wraith, doesn't land its attack.

Skorne score their rectangle, 0-1.

IPB Image
Ceph 3: The Agitators move around and cast "Plz be betterer Monstros Bros".

Cyphon casts Onslaught, feats and shuffles across away from a humilating death to Blood Runners.
Three of the Mind Bender Drudges shuffle across, spray down a pair of the Blood Runners and vaporise.

One Wrecker clears the Farrow around my flag, the Warden then goes up and punches down the Taskmaster.
Other Wrecker shuffles to toe my rectangle and kills the Archidon/Valkries. Surviving Subduer moves up, drags in the Blindwalker and leaves it on a haldful of boxes.

I wanted the last Wrecker to charge up and kill the Swamp Horror, he ended up needed to walk over in front of Cyphon to stop the Blindwalker threeat line and give Cyphon a Sac Pawn target.

Overlords on the right spray down the Feralgeist and that sides Razorback crew. Also ding a Valkrie for a damage point to trigger Vengeance, so....whoops?

That felt like a pretty garbage feat turn truth be told.

I score my flag and rectangle, now 2-1

IPB Image
Skorne 3: Team let's kill Agitators assembles. Cause they're mean.

Blood runners cap the left Agitator, Valkries pop the right. This MAT 5 Monstrosity experience isn't going to be great.

To my horror the Blindwalker manages to kill the Subduer in front of it. This cycles Prey to the left Wrecker, who gets charged by the Farrow and Valkries, survives thankfully.

Swamp Horror kills the Warden up in the Skorne rectangle.

Skorne score their rectangle, now 2-2.

IPB Image
Ceph 4: I've got a commanding clock lead, so it's just setting up for Cyphon to live.
Only just realised that it's all the Wreckers that survived to this point, somewhat unusual.
They Thresher around, killing off the Valkries and Blindwalker.
Cephalyx pop off the Taskmaster around the Skorne flag.

Bloat Thrall and Drudges kill of a few of hte Blood Runners.

Cyphon burns his stack healing one of the Wreckers and runs over to the right.

Skorne have a 4th turn in which Morghoul charges up, blinds Cyphon and tries to magic nuke him to death. He falls well short and we call it there.

Well, obviously the Bloat Thrall is outta my system and popping out of the list.
Operating Theatre remains a tricky list to tweak, especially given that for it's intended matchups that battlegroup can't handle being changed much. Somewhat wish there was a monstrosity theme, oh well. It'd be fine if Wardens could reliably kill arm 19 heavies without the theme, just isn't the case alas.

Still have fuelling concerns and losing the Agitators was painful, so dropping back to what I should have gone with originally of having two units of Eliminators. Three Agitators then make the points awkard, so I end up keeping the Machine Wraith, still feels very under soloed for what I like.

Also have to pick an off list. Return of stubby push a lots? Do I really still need to get sodding Fiona out of my system?

This post has been edited by Angry_Norway: Sep 6 2018, 12:31 PM
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post Sep 6 2018, 09:52 AM
Post #617

What do you feel is the appropriate number of solos to be competitive in the current scenario pack?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Sep 6 2018, 12:29 PM
Post #618

QUOTE(Master Chris @ Sep 6 2018, 09:52 AM) *

What do you feel is the appropriate number of solos to be competitive in the current scenario pack?

Standard caveats of list function/board position/faction tools etc. apply.

3 is the minimum IMO. Never less. Faction thought wise:

Cygnar - Suffer from poor scenario presence overall in current builds from what I can discern, I like that Stormcallers are making a comeback

Menoth - *sigh* of course there is an exception. Harby can get away with a pair of kicky monks, but I really don't want people to do that

Khador - Oppression tankers got this covered in AC. Jaws reliance on Forge Seers isn't ideal (Drakhuns have to do work). WGK are a bit so and so off the top of my head (Typically it's Joe and......?)
Can they take Alexia in WGK? To lazy to check, but if so popping Thrall Warriors is a fantastic solution to the entire dilemma.

Cryx - ###### them

Regretibution - Reading Ret players on the last CID cycle has convinced me that everyone is wrong about everything. Up is down. Black is white. Rahn isn't super brilliant. Got Ret Mystery boxes, so when that gets assembled and painted will give it a whirl.

Mercs - Spoiled. Irregulars give you 3-4 free solos anyway, option to take Alexia, Anastasia usually fits in without compromising free points. Technically they have other themes, because we all like to be fluffy at times.

Trollbloods - Surprised there aren't more whelps around

Circle - Bones incestivizes egg carriers anyway

Legion - PT is usually on the low end, makes it back halfwayish due to the way they take board space and don't return it plus survivable pieces

Skorne - Mweh

Winions - Akin to Mercs minus sweet alexia, though can Gremlin/Feralgeist for cheap stuff that can be a hard contestor

CoC - Servitors fix the problem accidentally, Axiom helps

CG - Not a sodding clue

Grymkin - On release, Gremlin swarms were monstrous. I think this is less so if people have planned and experienced it, so that now in built answers are in lists. Plus the 5/6 magic objectives. Can still be bad (i.e. Dunford vs Waley with Dreamer vs Gaspy3 Slayer Spam match they played).
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post Sep 6 2018, 03:38 PM
Post #619

Good thoughts.

Haha, also, don't bother with Fiona until the Talion CID, IMHO.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Sep 6 2018, 03:47 PM
Post #620

QUOTE(Master Chris @ Sep 6 2018, 03:38 PM) *

Good thoughts.

Haha, also, don't bother with Fiona until the Talion CID, IMHO.

Not wrong. I also finally looked at the calendar, Tas Champs is before bathurst, so current plan is to Winion in the penal colonies penal colony before throwing down the Mercs again (Not just because I keep changing the Gorten list. Definitely not. That'd be madness.)
+Quote Post

35 Pages V « < 29 30 31 32 33 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2019 - 10:08 AM