Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Some examples of legal armies
difsta
post Dec 12 2014, 12:53 PM
Post #1

The Travelling Mexican

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 9,216

as some people seem to be a little confused about the detachment restrictions at this years ATC, I thought I would post some examples of legal armies (I wont write the actual army, just the detachments). You can find details on the detachment restrictions in the player pack, alternatively you can check out this post here

Here is the format:
(Large/Medium/Small Detachment)| (Primary/Secondary Detachment) | (Faction) | (Codex/Supplement/Campaign/etc.)

Army 1:
Large Detachment: Primary Detachment : Combined Arms Detachment : Tyranids : Tyranids Codex
Medium Detachment: Secondary Detachment : Allied Detachment : Space Marines (Iron Hands) : Clan Raukaan (Space Marine Supplement)
Small Detachment: Secondary Detachment : Neural Node Formation : Tyranids : Shield of Baal Leviathan

Army 2:
Large Detachment: Secondary Detachment : Realspace Raiders Detachment : Dark Eldar : Dark Eldar Codex
Medium Detachment: Secondary Detachment : Allied Detachment : Eldar : Iyanden (Eldar Supplement)
Small Detachment: Primary Detachment : Adamantine Lance Formation : Imperial Knights : Sanctus Reach the Read Waaagh

Army 3:
Large Detachment: Primary Detachment : Imperial Knight Detachment (3 Knights) : Imperial Knights : Imperial Knight Codex
Medium Detachment : N/A
Small Detachment Secondary Detachment : Imperial Knight Detachment (2 Knights) : Imperial Knights : Imperial Knight Codex

It is quite simple:
- if there is a new detachment that has come out in a codex or campaign, then request it be added to the Player Pack, and it will be judged which detachment type it will fall into (most likely large).
- if there is a new formation that has come out in a campaign or codex, then request it be added to the Player Pack, and it will be judged which detachment type it will fall into (most likely small).

At the moment there is no detachment or formation that we have not allowed that we are aware of (excluding apoc formations). The reason we want to list them is so all teams know what is available. We don't get a situation where one team doesn't know about a formation/detachment/etc.

--------------------
Community Comp is alive and kicking. Come visit us over at our Facebook Page or out Community Comp Forum and get involved

My Modelling Diaries
ETC 2016 Australian Team Discussion
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2019 - 02:40 AM