> WHFB Campaign Game 3: The Reckoning, Asher, Damien and Matt
saurus
post Mar 3 2014, 03:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 4,282

Campaign Game 3: The Reckoning

Date: 18 April 2014 (Good Friday). Arrival Time: 9.30am

Uncommon figures needed for the game: Nagash, Gotrek and Felix.

ARMY SELECTION
- Keep the armies as thematic as possible, as it's about the story as much as the game.
- Each army is 3,000 points, making it 6,000 points per side.
- One army of the 'Allied' Empire/High Elf Force must contain Gotrek and Felix. Their rules can be found here: http://sgabetto.free.fr/Telechargements/Go...and%20Felix.pdf

Changes to Gotrek and Felix rules
- Gotrek and Felix come out of your army's characters percentage.
- Gotrek and Felix cannot be the army general.
- Gotrek and Felix cannot join units and cannot be joined by other friendly characters.
- Gotrek's and Felix's Magic Resistance (2) does not generate dispel dice, but follows the normal rules for magic resistance.
- Gotrek and Felix do not have a 360 degree line of sight for the purposes of charging.
- To represent their battle experience and continuous good fortune, Gotrek and Felix receive a 2+ Look out Sir! roll (rather than the standard 4+) if they are within 3 inches of a friendly 'Infantry' unit that contains at least five or more rank and file models.

Vampire Counts
- Nagash the Immortal must be the general.
- Krell can be taken but no other special characters are allowed.
- VC force cannot contain any vampires.

Rules of Nagash the Immortal can be found here on page 112: http://www.scribd.com/doc/119609243/Warham...cial-Characters
Changes to Nagash the Immortal rules
- Increase of 15 points to 815 points.
- Nagash the Immortal is Nehekharan Undead and therefore cannot benefit from spells cast from the Lore of Vampires or its lore attribute. However, Nagash does benefit from spells cast from the Lore of Nehekhara.
- Marching: Nagash the Immortal is the VC general and VC units within 12 inches of him can march. Although Nagash is classed as Nehekharan Undead, he can make march moves for the purpose of this game.
- Nagash can join Vampire Counts units.

Tomb Kings
- Arkhan the Black must be the general.
- No other special characters.
- TK force cannot contain any Light Priests or Tomb Kings.

Empire
- Can take any Empire special character (multiple special characters if you wish) with the exceptions of Karl Franz and Ludwig Schwarzhelm.
- Gotrek and Felix can be taken.
- No Steam Tanks

High Elves
- A Prince must be the general.
- Teclis must be taken, but he cannot be the general.
- Gotrek and Felix can be taken.
- No other special characters.

- Banner of the World Dragon cannot be taken.
- Dragons cannot be taken.

Other selection rules
- The TK and VC force count as Trusted Allies.
- Common items are cannot be replicated on both sides. For example, one side cannot have two dispel scrolls.
- Lord and Hero selection percentages are combined into a 'Character percentage'. Characters may make up to 50 per cent of your army.

LISTS
- Each player has two copies of their two lists. The primary has everything listed on it, do not show your opponents this list until after the game. The secondary list is shown to your opponents just before deployment and does not show the following: Magical items, spells, hidden units (ie assassins), unit and character points costs. Instead list the total points cost under CHARACTERS, CORE, SPECIAL and RARE. Mundane items, mounts and unit command are listed as normal (not magic banners though)
- SECONDARY LISTS also show: Special character magic items, wizard levels and wizard lore. Teclis' profile shows whether he has taken Battle Magic or High Magic.
- The Empire and High Elf players needs two copies of their secondary list (so three copies in total). I will explain the reasoning for this in the DEPLOYMENT section

TERRAIN
The battle takes place at the opening of a narrow and high valley. The terrain outside the valley will be similar to the Badlands terrain used in the second campaign game, consisting of rocks and a small hill or two. The valley entrance will be largely open, with sheer cliffs (impassable terrain) that extend 24 inches from the Allied Force long table edge, which will separate each defensive zone from the respective flanking zone. The valley ridges will contain a building on each side.

DEPLOYMENT

IPB Image

1) Roll for spells, do not show your opponents.
2) Allied and undead forces secretly nominate which ZONE they will deploy in.
3) All players then reveal which deployment zone they selected.
4) Players provide a copy of their secondary list to their opponents.
5) Allied players then indicate on their other 'secondary list' whether their units will deploy in their DEFENSIVE ZONE and FLANKING ZONE. Each Allied Army may place between 0 - 1,250 points in their defensive zone. Allied players must also note whether each character is starting in a unit, and if so, what unit. DO NOT SHOW THE OPPOSING PLAYERS THIS LIST UNTIL AFTER THE UNDEAD ARMIES HAVE COMPLETELY DEPLOYED.
6) The two undead armies then deploy in their individual zone.
7) Empire/High Elf players then show the undead players their 'other' modified secondary list.
8) Allied forces deploy.
9) Deploy scouts.
10) Empire/High Elf forces have the first turn.
11) The game lasts 6 turns.

SPECIAL RULES
- Allied units cannot charge any undead units in the 'Undead Zones' on Turn 1.
- Each army's general receives a 2+ ward save against warmachine shooting attacks whilst in a unit containing five or more rank and file models. This works in combination with the look out sir rule.
- Wizard Lord special characters cannot be killed due to rolling a 1-3 during a Dimensional Cascade on the miscast chart. Instead, on a Dimensional Cascade roll of 1-3, then they immediately suffer the additional effect of a miscast Power Drain. Furthermore, they are on a single wound and suffers a final wound due a miscast effect (NOT A DIMENSIONAL CASCADE ROLL RESULT of 1-3), then instead of being killed, they lose 1 wizard level and a spell determined at random.
- Characters have a 'Look out Sir!' roll against spells that target every model in the unit. For example, Flame Cage, Dwellers, Final Transmutation, etc.

MAGIC PHASE
- Before the first magic phase of the game, determine which players will be 'linked' in the magic phase. This will determine your dispel dice number when it comes to your opponents magic phase. During your own magic phase, both players on a side roll 2D6 for the winds of magic (4D6 in total). The 'linked' opposing player will receive the number of dispel dice rolled by their 'linked' opponent. For example Seth is linked to Matt’s magic phase (and vice versa). Matt rolls a six and a one for power dice. Seth receives six dispel dice. Damien is linked to Asher’s magic phase (and vice versa) and Asher rolls a double three, Damien will then receive three dispel dice. Two players cannot ever combine dispel or power dice to cast or stop a spell. However, players can opt to dispel a spell affecting an allied unit.

VICTORY CONDITIONS
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE
Empire/HE: Kill Nagash the Immortal AND Arkhan the Black
TK/VC: Have Nagash alive in the Allied Defence Zone by the end of turn 6.

SECONDARY OBJECTIVE
If neither side achieves its primary objective then use Victory Points to determine the winners.

MOST IMPORTANT RULE
Enjoy the game. The first two were awesome and hopefully this will be the best one!

Cheers,
Seth

This post has been edited by saurus: Mar 24 2014, 06:19 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
EmpireGuard
post Mar 14 2014, 10:01 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,304

QUOTE(saurus @ Mar 3 2014, 04:25 PM) *

Changes to Nagash the Immortal rules (They can be found in the fan made Special Characters book online in PDF format, otherwise, I have a copy)
815 points.
Nagash is classified as Nehekharan Undead and therefore suffers all the penalties and bonuses associated with the Nehekharan Undead rule. There are some exceptions to this rule. These are:
- Magic: Nagash the Immortal is Nehekharan Undead and therefore cannot benefit from spells cast from the Lore of Vampires or its lore attribute. However, Nagash does benefit from spells cast from the Lore of Nehekhara.
- Marching: Nagash the Immortal is the VC general and VC units within 12 inches of him can march. Although Nagash is classed as Nehekharan Undead, he can make march moves.
- Nagash can join Vampire Counts units.

Can you please link the rules, The only Fan Made on I can find has him at 800pts (Well I have found others with just him but I mean the only one I can find in a book with lots of special characters). These are the rules I found

All his stats are 6 Except wound which are 5 and Ld which his 10. He’s a Monstrous infantry Nehekharan Undead and Causes Terror

He’s a lvl 4 wizard
Can use all the spells from Lore of Nehekhara, Vampires and Death. (so lore master for all 3).

His weapon adds +1 Str and any wounds it causes heals Nagash (By far the worst rule is this healing one, it basically make him immortal in Close combat unless you can kill him in one phase)

Has a 4+ ward and a 4+ armour that ignores all modifiers, including those that ignore armour (Kind of dumb this rule why not just give him a 4+ rerollable ward save? same thing really except for lore of metal spells and that trinket that make you re-roll successful ward save)

He gets an additional power and dispel dice each magic phase

And he can store up to 4 power dice to use in the next phase (so I guess they can only become dispel dice).

This post has been edited by EmpireGuard: Mar 14 2014, 01:45 PM

--------------------
Imperial Zoo at Altdorf

Please help create a comprehensive data base of every Wargaming model ever made by clicking here.
+Quote Post
saurus
post Mar 20 2014, 12:09 AM
Post #3

First post updated. Changes made in red.
+Quote Post
EmpireGuard
post Mar 20 2014, 07:54 AM
Post #4

QUOTE(saurus @ Mar 3 2014, 04:25 PM) *

1) Roll for spells, do not show your opponents.
2) Allied forces secretly nominate which ZONE they will deploy in (write it down on a small piece of paper). Both players then indicate on ONE of their 'secondary lists' whether their units will deploy in their DEFENSIVE ZONE and FLANKING ZONE. Each Allied Army may place between 0 - 1,250 points in their defensive zone. Allied players must also note whether each character is starting in a unit, and if so, what unit. DO NOT SHOW THE OPPOSING PLAYERS THIS LIST UNTIL AFTER THE UNDEAD ARMIES HAVE COMPLETELY DEPLOYED.
3) The two undead players then select their deployment zones. (Write this down on a piece of paper)
4) All players then reveal what deployments zone they picked.
5) Players provide a copy of their 'secondary lists to their opponents. ALLIED PLAYERS PROVIDE THE UNDEAD PLAYERS WITH THE SECONDARY LIST THAT DOES NOT CONTAIN THE POSITIONING OF THEIR INDIVIDUAL UNITS.
6) The two undead armies then deploy in their armies in their individual deployment zone.
7) Empire/High Elf players then show the undead players their other secondary list that shows in what zones their individual units will be deploying.
8) Allied forces deploy.
9) Deploy scouts.
10) Empire/High Elf forces have the first turn.
11) The game lasts 6 turns.

Wouldn't it be easier (and not overly different) to just hang a sheet along the length of the table and all just deploy without seeing were each player does it?

This post has been edited by EmpireGuard: Mar 20 2014, 07:56 AM

--------------------
Imperial Zoo at Altdorf

Please help create a comprehensive data base of every Wargaming model ever made by clicking here.
+Quote Post
saurus
post Mar 20 2014, 08:42 AM
Post #5

Hey Matt, well we did that last game so this time I'm opting for something else and there is a subtle difference using this method.

Unlike a completely blind deployment, here you get to see the opposing army lists before you deploy and will know what army you will be facing before putting any models down. Furthermore, the Allied forces will be able to make minor adjustments to their deployment after the undead armies setup, meaning you can try to make more favourable matchups for your own units.

*I also tweaked the setup and deployment rules a little more. (Hopefully for the last time)

This post has been edited by saurus: Mar 20 2014, 09:04 AM
+Quote Post
Waggerz
post Mar 20 2014, 10:08 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 6,354

Sounds awesome.

I'll try turn up to check it out smile.gif

--------------------
If a tech priest goes to ground against telsa weapons, does he take no damage?

40K Arbites Army (current) - http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=132589
40K Praetorian Guard (on hold) - http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=116546
Alpha Legion (complete) - http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71055
Tables from Trash - http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=130746
+Quote Post
saurus
post Mar 20 2014, 01:52 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(Waggerz @ Mar 20 2014, 11:08 AM) *

Sounds awesome.

I'll try turn up to check it out smile.gif

Ya, it's going to be a lot of fun Waggerz. Last two campaign games were great and hopefully this one will be awesome too!
+Quote Post
EmpireGuard
post Apr 2 2014, 12:54 PM
Post #8

I just remembered I think I Might have purchased a second Nagash as part of a batch about 6 months ago I'll have a look.

--------------------
Imperial Zoo at Altdorf

+Quote Post
EmpireGuard
post Apr 2 2014, 06:33 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(EmpireGuard @ Apr 2 2014, 01:54 PM) *

I just remembered I think I Might have purchased a second Nagash as part of a batch about 6 months ago I'll have a look.

Yes turns out I do have Nagash

--------------------
Imperial Zoo at Altdorf

+Quote Post
saurus
post Apr 3 2014, 08:57 AM
Post #10

Awesome Matt!

Seth
+Quote Post
EmpireGuard
post Aug 20 2014, 02:29 PM
Post #11

Rematch with the real rules.

IPB Image

tongue.gif

--------------------
Imperial Zoo at Altdorf

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2019 - 11:27 AM