Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> X-wing, league
oldgroover
post Aug 29 2015, 09:17 AM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 15,307

Hi X-WING PILOTS !
Sam is thinking of starting an X-wing league in his shop on Fridays and will need "expressions of interest" as to gauge the numbers of gamers,durations of the league ,time and support for such an event. Please put your ideas up,here ,or on his FB side. He's open for discussions....Would be nice to have a league .similar to the great Armada league, Dave was running at GG in HB.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 19)
IRON FIST
post Sep 13 2015, 08:10 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,032

[Well I am up to it. it's getting a bit tight at good games for space. not one for being cramped.
+Quote Post
oldgroover
post Oct 13 2015, 04:39 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(IRON FIST @ Sep 13 2015, 08:10 PM) *

[Well I am up to it. it's getting a bit tight at good games for space. not one for being cramped.

OK, Pilots ,the league is kicking of. Please see Sam's Facebook page for details or contact him directly for more info. Hope to see you soon.
+Quote Post
Flamestalker
post Oct 22 2015, 06:40 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 16,162

I have my name on the interested list. (currently busy painting a battalion of battlemechs and repainting some x-wing Starfighters whilst recovering from flu amongst other things)
+Quote Post
oldgroover
post Nov 19 2015, 08:24 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(Flamestalker @ Oct 22 2015, 06:40 PM) *

I have my name on the interested list. (currently busy painting a battalion of battlemechs and repainting some x-wing Starfighters whilst recovering from flu amongst other things)

OK.....the first round has started and the first game played last night. Miranda Doni, Keyan Farlander and one Blue Squadron pilot came up on to Darth Vader, Soontir Fell and one Lambda shuttle, with the Emporer himself on board. In the last minute,of 75, Miranda shot the shuttle down and won the game. Result was 100-53 . Thank's to James for the top game ,you had me "on the ropes" for 74 minutes......

BTW,both damage decks,old and new,can be used and you can build your fleet around it.

This post has been edited by oldgroover: Nov 20 2015, 09:54 AM
+Quote Post
oldgroover
post Nov 21 2015, 09:58 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(oldgroover @ Nov 19 2015, 08:24 AM) *

OK.....the first round has started and the first game played last night. Miranda Doni, Keyan Farlander and one Blue Squadron pilot came up on to Darth Vader, Soontir Fell and one Lambda shuttle, with the Emporer himself on board. In the last minute,of 75, Miranda shot the shuttle down and won the game. Result was 100-53 . Thank's to James for the top game ,you had me "on the ropes" for 74 minutes......

BTW,both damage decks,old and new,can be used and you can build your fleet around it.

And the first round will be completed today,with Jordan playing Wesley ,about now. Last night was a top night ! Thank's to Sam and the top pilots of the Fraser Coast Gamers Guild /Maryborough Chapter. Seven competitors fought it out and after the official part was over,a few more games where enjoyed. Hope we can keep the high standard of fairness and gamesmanship up. For me,it was the best way to enjoy a Friday night,for a long time.
+Quote Post
IRON FIST
post Nov 21 2015, 02:10 PM
Post #7

I have been busy lately and have not been gaming for a few weeks. but last night I made it to the start at sam's and had a very enjoyable night. tried out two x-wings with wedge and wes as the pilots and an e wing. it was a epic show down against the scum led by kath scarlett. and only a nice bit of flying saved wedge's butt from being toasted by kath and allowed him a broadside at her which was enough to take her down. a great game with jake. points 100-66.

+Quote Post
Flamestalker
post Nov 21 2015, 04:39 PM
Post #8

Same Sentiments here. First game for a quite some time. All in all a vey enjoyable night, looking forward to next week. Keyan Farlander, 2 Blue and 1 headhunter took on Tonys' Vessery and Punisher. Took quite awhile to knock out those 2. Well played Tony. armata_PDT_37.gif

+Quote Post
IRON FIST
post Nov 21 2015, 11:09 PM
Post #9

Well I guess it's you and me next Friday night!!! bit concerned up against three b wings and a head hunter.
+Quote Post
Flamestalker
post Nov 22 2015, 09:03 PM
Post #10

Don't worry, It all comes down to those little plastic cubes with symbols printed on them and how well you construct and fly your list.

I also claim one chair destroyed with that list. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Flamestalker: Nov 23 2015, 07:59 PM
+Quote Post
IRON FIST
post Nov 25 2015, 07:59 PM
Post #11

AGREED THOSE LITTLE CUBES CAN BE SUCH NASTY THINGS WHEN THEY WANT TO BE. Well I hope I can come with a list to challenge you on the night.
+Quote Post
oldgroover
post Nov 28 2015, 04:33 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(IRON FIST @ Nov 25 2015, 07:59 PM) *

AGREED THOSE LITTLE CUBES CAN BE SUCH NASTY THINGS WHEN THEY WANT TO BE. Well I hope I can come with a list to challenge you on the night.

Ohhh yes!! The fickle dice.....There was some weird and downright impossible dice rolls on Friday night. A round of shooting,with 11 blanks !?!?!? I managed to roll 2 (two) evades for the entire game and then there was Luke Skywalker ,who evaded 27 hits and won the game without a hull point lost..... what can one say ? Apart from the drama,it was an excellent night of gaming and fun. The leader list is all but shaken up and when the dust settled, Scotty came out on top. Looking forward to the next battle. Well done everyone and good luck Friday.
+Quote Post
Flamestalker
post Dec 1 2015, 07:47 PM
Post #13

At one stage I thought I was playing Blankety Blanks. armata_PDT_05.gif Then my red dice came good. armata_PDT_01.gif Played Ash today, as he will be away Friday, Sam has the results.

Will be there Friday, Free Agent if any one wants to play or learn. armata_PDT_34.gif
+Quote Post
oldgroover
post Dec 2 2015, 07:50 AM
Post #14

QUOTE(Flamestalker @ Dec 1 2015, 07:47 PM) *

At one stage I thought I was playing Blankety Blanks. armata_PDT_05.gif Then my red dice came good. armata_PDT_01.gif Played Ash today, as he will be away Friday, Sam has the results.

Will be there Friday, Free Agent if any one wants to play or learn. armata_PDT_34.gif

If we have time, after my game with Jake, I'll be happy to take you on. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
oldgroover
post Dec 8 2015, 02:46 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(oldgroover @ Dec 2 2015, 07:50 AM) *

If we have time, after my game with Jake, I'll be happy to take you on. biggrin.gif

Hallo pilots ! The scenario is coming up on Friday and it is a very difficult one. Precision and fast ,forward thinking, is required. . This week will also see the clash between the two leaders,Jordan and Scotty. Something has to give here.....and then we will have a clearer view of the things to come and how to beat the two. It is very pleasing,that we have such a close league..... so anything can,and properly will, happen. Good luck and may the force be with you ! armata_PDT_34.gif

This post has been edited by oldgroover: Dec 11 2015, 02:48 PM
+Quote Post
oldgroover
post Dec 15 2015, 04:58 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(oldgroover @ Dec 8 2015, 02:46 PM) *

Hallo pilots ! The scenario is coming up on Friday and it is a very difficult one. Precision and fast ,forward thinking, is required. . This week will also see the clash between the two leaders,Jordan and Scotty. Something has to give here.....and then we will have a clearer view of the things to come and how to beat the two. It is very pleasing,that we have such a close league..... so anything can,and properly will, happen. Good luck and may the force be with you ! armata_PDT_34.gif

...well,well,well....that was an interesting Friday night. Jordan is now at the top and we have the last game for the year coming up. Well done Jordan ! The last game,for the year, will be a dogfight and there are no restrictions or scenario rules ,so give it your best hard hitting fleet you got. Good luck !
+Quote Post
Flamestalker
post Dec 15 2015, 05:27 PM
Post #17

All done for this week. Played J Today. Good game. Sam has the results. I will be there Friday night if anyone wants a pick-up game. Learners Welcome. armata_PDT_01.gif
+Quote Post
oldgroover
post Dec 23 2015, 09:22 AM
Post #18

QUOTE(Flamestalker @ Dec 15 2015, 05:27 PM) *

All done for this week. Played J Today. Good game. Sam has the results. I will be there Friday night if anyone wants a pick-up game. Learners Welcome. armata_PDT_01.gif

So,the league is over for this year and there will be some contemplation ,I'm sure. Games where lost,that should have been won and players who where sure they would be loosing,won. I'm looking forward to the next round,big based ships only, on the 16.of January. Till than, Merry Xmas and a happy new year !
+Quote Post
Flamestalker
post Dec 24 2015, 06:47 PM
Post #19

Merry Christmas and Happy Hogmanay to all. armata_PDT_01.gif See you all next year. armata_PDT_34.gif
+Quote Post
oldgroover
post Dec 31 2015, 08:36 AM
Post #20

QUOTE(Flamestalker @ Dec 24 2015, 06:47 PM) *

Merry Christmas and Happy Hogmanay to all. armata_PDT_01.gif See you all next year. armata_PDT_34.gif

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!! And good luck, to all of you X-wing pilots ! May the force stay strong with you !

See you on the 16.of January !
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th August 2019 - 06:57 AM