Reply to this topicStart new topic
> TERRACON XVI 2014, Players Pack
EricH
post Feb 25 2014, 02:34 AM
Post #21

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 8,920

QUOTE(difsta @ Feb 24 2014, 03:08 PM) *
I am not sure how long TOs can stick with this stance. Unfortunately GW is making it harder and harder for us to play this non tournament based game in tournaments... bastards! tongue.gif

I agree, it does make it hard as a TO, especially when the list of banned releases becomes larger than the list of what is allowed.
From a TO perspective it would be a LOT easier to just say "stuff it, anything goes", but in doing so i would imagine that tournament attendance would drop significantly due to the unbalanced nature of recent GW releases (not all, but a significant number, and a blanket ban is easier than picking and choosing dataslates to allow/ban).
Every release GW seems to be pushing 40K as being a friendly narrative beer&pretzel game which makes it difficult to keep things relatively balanced (well not balanced, but at least not auto win/lose) in a competitive environment.
Perhaps after 7th edition when we are inundated with a plethora of expansions/slates/minidex/etc, TO's may be forced to just open the flood gates. Will be an interesting 12 months i think.

This post has been edited by EricH: Feb 25 2014, 02:34 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
cool_conoly
post Feb 25 2014, 09:15 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 10,698

QUOTE(difsta @ Feb 24 2014, 04:08 PM) *

not that I care one iota whether or not inquisition is allowed or not, but it isn't the first army to stuff around with force orgs, oh look, you are space wolves, have 4 hq sections, oh look you are daemons, we will let you have one big fella and 4 little fellas in ya hq section. I think the "it breaks all the rules of force org" argument is baloney pony boy... and with you on a current ban from wau... tongue.gif

I assumed it was banned because it made comping armies too difficult (which I don't necessarily disagree). I think that for a while, rightly or wrongly, a lot of TOs are putting the Inquisition codex in the same too hard basket as the Escalation book. But with GW constantly releasing these "mini dex" books, like the Legion of the Damned one due out on saturday, I am not sure how long TOs can stick with this stance. Unfortunately GW is making it harder and harder for us to play this non tournament based game in tournaments... bastards! tongue.gif

My biggest annoyance with the dex is not that you can take multiple HQs, my hatred stems from it not taking the allies slot. If people want something there should be a downside, as it stands there is no reason not to take these not ally allies, no detractor whatsoever. The other route is saying oh you can have it but it takes up your allies (as ATC has done) however im an advocate of the least change the better, and a full ban is better than making up a rule to make it work.

--------------------
Long live Pony Boy!
+Quote Post
difsta
post Feb 25 2014, 09:23 AM
Post #23

The Travelling Mexican

Member No.: 9,216

QUOTE(cool_conoly @ Feb 25 2014, 10:15 AM) *

The other route is saying oh you can have it but it takes up your allies (as ATC has done) however im an advocate of the least change the better, and a full ban is better than making up a rule to make it work.

not to further derail this topic, however ATC have not done this, not sure where you are getting your info... check out the ATC forum mate

--------------------
Community Comp is alive and kicking. Come visit us over at our Facebook Page or out Community Comp Forum and get involved

My Modelling Diaries
ETC 2016 Australian Team Discussion
+Quote Post
EricH
post Feb 25 2014, 07:03 PM
Post #24

The reasoning for the ban was, as Adam stated, it basically allows 3 detachments to be taken with no penalty for doing so.
By removing the mini-dex, people are still able to access most of the stuff via the Grey Knight codex, but doing so uses up a Primary/Allied detachment.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ru486baby
post Feb 25 2014, 07:24 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 11,902

QUOTE(EricH @ Feb 25 2014, 06:33 PM) *

The reasoning for the ban was, as Adam stated, it basically allows 3 detachments to be taken with no penalty for doing so.
By removing the mini-dex, people are still able to access most of the stuff via the Grey Knight codex, but doing so uses up a Primary/Allied detachment.

Penalty..........COMP?
Edit : also it does come with inbuilt penalties
For example, if I was playing Tau/SM, I can have my dudes all best buddy buffing no problems
Chucking in an Inquisitor, sure they can hang out with the SM
But there not to keen on tau, meaning your army is hindered by itself in how it plays and how you can use the dudes.

At the end of they day its your call. I will still come along playing whatever stealth cheese I feel I can get away with.
=)
Bit I dont agree with your reason is all.

This post has been edited by ru486baby: Feb 25 2014, 07:31 PM

--------------------
56-15-5 6th ed

11-4
+Quote Post
Verdigris
post Mar 2 2014, 02:56 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 8,828

Eric, I assume you will class the new "Legion of the Damned" codex in the in the category (that is banned) as the Iquisititor codex?

--------------------
beware the turquoise terrors
Recon 2010 Terracon XII Downfall 2010 Geelong Heresy 2010 Arcanacon 2011
+Quote Post
Turbo_mmx
post Mar 3 2014, 05:02 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 285

So.... Knights codex anyone? lol

--------------------
I Power game..... WITH KROOT!!!
Titanhammer 2008 - 9th with the Dal'yth Kroot Rangers Auxiliary Corps
Arcanacon 2009 - 96th with the Dal'yth Kroot Rangers!
Galaxy in Flames 2009 - 9th!!!! With the with the Dal'yth Kroot Rangers!
Terracon 2009 - 54th with the Dal'yth Kroot Rangers
Eastcon 2009 - 26th with the Dal'yth Kroot Rangers Auxiliary Corps + 3rd best Theme
Gen-Con 40k 2009 - 8th with the Dal'yth Kroot Rangers
Geelong Heresy 2009 - 8th with the Dal'yth Kroot Rangers
Arcanacon 2010 - 134th with the Dal'yth Kroot Rangers Auxiliary Corps + Best Tau army!
Terracon 2010 - 17th with the Dal'yth Kroot Rangers Auxiliary Corps + Best Tau army!

Co-Founder the Order of "The Rock"..........One 1.... LIAR!!!!!!
Kroot Codex Version 5.86
+Quote Post
EricH
post Mar 29 2014, 08:21 AM
Post #28

Due to a lack of panel judges, i have decided that the comp system used for Terracon will need to be modified.
I could use panel comp still, but i feel that with only 2 or 3 judges it will give inaccurate and subjective scores, which would be extremely unfair for everyone.
This has not been a rushed decision, i have put a LOT of thought into the pro's and con's of the change, but i feel that changing to this system will definitely benefit us all.
Nobody wants to be hit by an unfair score by the judges.

The benefits of the new system are quite obvious. For 95% of you this will not effect you at all, and may actually improve your score.
The ONLY people that this will effect is people who were intending to bring a SEVERELY broken list.
The system still allows for very powerful lists to be made, but does set limitations on the extreme, which realistically makes sense as i am sure that we all agree that the broken lists do not belong in a comp'ed event.

I am expecting some complaints regarding the change, but generally i think that the majority would agree with it, and I feel that there would be a LOT more complaints if i continued with Panel comp and people were given scores that they felt they deserved better.
Hopefully you can see my reasoning for the change, and adapt to the new system.

The new system used will be the Melbourne Comp system. Some of you may be familiar with it. The benefits of this system can be seen on page 2 of the PDF.
For those of you already familiar with the system, I have modified the score distribution on the 0-50 scale on page 4, so i encourage people to read that carefully.

Please note that there are some units/codices within this document that have been banned in the Player Pack. This ban still applies. Please ignore the entries inside the document for them.
- Only official codices will be allowed, and must use the most recent codex.
- Allies WILL be allowed, and must use the Allies matrix in the 6th edition Rulebook.
- Codices that have rules allowing them to ally with themselves MAY do so (eg Space Marines).
- Rulebook Fortifications WILL be allowed, but the Fortress of Redemption will NOT be allowed.
- Supplements WILL be allowed (Iyanden, Farsight, Black Legion, etc)
- Inquisitor codex will NOT be allowed.
- Dataslates will NOT be allowed (this includes Belakor, Cypher, etc)
- Escalation rules will NOT be allowed.
- Imperial Knights will NOT be allowed.
- I WILL be allowing the RULES for Stronghold Assault (as they clear up a lot of questions regarding Buildings/Fortifications), however i will NOT be allowing any of the Buildings or Fortifications in the Stronghold Assault book.
- Imperial Armour / Forgeworld rules will NOT be allowed (Forgeworld models representing codex models are allowed obviously, its just the rules that will not be allowed).

If you are having any trouble calculating your score using the system found below, then feel free to send me a PM and i will be happy to calculate your score for you. smile.gif

Terracon Comp System Download

Eric.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Paddlepop Lion
post May 11 2014, 02:03 AM
Post #29

Member No.: 9,971

Paid
+Quote Post
TsarHagrid
post May 13 2014, 08:30 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 7,958

Paid

--------------------
40K:
Tau Empire

Blood Bowl:
Khemri
Lizardmen

QUOTE(neil @ Jan 20 2012, 02:15 PM) *

about 10 feet tall, hands the size of dustbin lids. Plays Tau, drinks Scotch. Yep, that's the guy.

QUOTE(dominus nox @ Jan 17 2012, 11:51 PM) *

I'm reasonably sure Hagrid is the world's only Scotch based life form.
+Quote Post
syn12
post May 17 2014, 02:21 PM
Post #31

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,189

Adam Synoradzki

sign me up
+Quote Post
ru486baby
post May 18 2014, 11:04 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 11,902

Who likes dinosaurs?

This post has been edited by ru486baby: May 19 2014, 01:18 PM

--------------------
56-15-5 6th ed

11-4
+Quote Post
death jester
post May 18 2014, 11:51 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 1,529

Yes

--------------------
im nobodies fool wanna adopt me
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2020 - 05:15 PM