Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Good Games Newcastle
Sabrelord
post Nov 26 2011, 08:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 12,221

Good Games Newcastle is now open for fun, gaming and business!

First official opening was today - sorry I did not get a post up earlier but was having some problems with my logon for wargamerAU but this is fixed now.

GG Newcastle is located at 768 Hunter St Newcastle. This is opposite Spotlight and close to buses and trains (Wickham Station is behind). Parking is on the street but there is a fair bit around and this is free of an evening.
KFC, Macca's, Pizza Hutt and Dominoes are all within one and half blocks for the junk food addicts, Marketown is nearby for those needing a supermarket and there are cafes around for the coffee heads.

We have 130 sqm of floor space with high ceilings, air conditioning and a decent sized play area. I think eight 6'4 wargame tables will fit quite well in the space with lots of room to move and if needed I can squeeze more in. I have terrain and cloths on hand for around eight tables and will be working on increasing this. The only thing I do not have to make the wargamers feel completely welcome is boards. These are due next week as the rain has stopped me from picking up warpable MDF (and it has rained all week).

Also to come in the next week - cupboards, a drinks fridge, internet and EFTPOS. (Sadly Telstra are being slow with connecting the space to the exchange). This week I am a cash only store.

In stock currently is Warmachine/Hordes, Dystopian Wars, Mantic, some Helldorado and P3 paints as well as Army Painter. FOr a wider audience I have Magic, YuGiOh, Pokemon, RPG's, Boardgames and accessories. GW in limitted range to come as well as others.

Thursday night has been set aside for the wargamers so if you are looking for a game please feel free to drop in or organise something on the forums.

For those interested my name is Jason. I have played all sorts of games including Warmachine, Uncharted seas, Mechwarrior and more. I love games and gaming and am adamant that I want to build up Newcastle Good Games to be the best general gaming store I can make it. Many of you in Newie will at least recognise me as I am a founding member of EGG and have spent time with the Adamstown club as well.

Looking forward to catching up with you.

Jason
Good Games Newcastle

This post has been edited by Sabrelord: Nov 26 2011, 08:14 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
The Dentist
post Nov 26 2011, 08:51 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,167

Hooray! Congrats and best wishes, sucks about not eftpos today, I'm sure I will spend and waste much of my time and money in your store. I think it has plenty of potential to be a great gaming space

--------------------
QUOTE(Areneas @ May 9 2014, 11:08 AM) *

Oh of course, nothing is unbeatable in this game. pSkarre for me certainty isnt. She's just a 45 degree uphill sprint in a tornado full of knifes and fire.

QUOTE(Saviour @ Nov 9 2014, 10:49 PM) *

God I love me.

+Quote Post
Karl Eller
post Nov 27 2011, 03:47 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,151

Looked like a nice store when I came in on Saturday, with plenty of room for tables and what-not. I wish you the best of luck, and you'll probably get a decent amount of patronage from me biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
almostsane
post Nov 28 2011, 02:20 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 11,262

There seemed to be a fair amount of interest from the locals playing at Thunderstomp on this weekend.

--------------------
Almostsane's Stats:
WFB - 8th Ed High Elves - W:5 D:2 L:3

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."- Napoleon Bonaparte
+Quote Post
casperionx
post Nov 29 2011, 03:25 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 9,557

JASON!!! OMG!! Dude!! Awesome work on the newest franchise of GG. I might have to pop up and say g'day (I drive these days)...got rid of most of my mechwarrior da though...but playing 40k a bit these days wink.gif

By the by, as some one who has played in tournies hosted by Jason, he is arguably one of the nicest and hardest working guy's I've met.

This post has been edited by casperionx: Nov 29 2011, 03:27 PM

--------------------
The moral of the story is, "If we have to have Cpt. Useless (Belial), we might as well let him take a few bullets for us."

This is how to server beer - the 40k blog

For All my sales threads - Please note: - they are up for sale in other locations - I may choose who I sell to.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th July 2020 - 09:43 AM