Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cancon Feedback, What we did RIGHT.
Speedhump
post Feb 7 2017, 12:32 PM
Post #21

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 4,532

Daz,

We did ask EPIC about the water dispensers, but they were not available. I suspect anything that is not welded down is removed for Summernats, and just not replaced in time.
We will be asking for them (again) for next year.

Participation events will be staying, as our aim is to get new people into the hobby. we are always open to layout suggestions though.

The ticketing system worked much better than our last system, and is being tweaked to work better next year. If you have suggestions for features etc, email them to us at cgsinc@tpg.com.au

--------------------
Tim Sleigh

Organiser:
Cancon and Wintercon
www.cgs.asn.au

Currently trying to find time to play: 40K, Bolt Action, FoW, TY, KoW, BKC, X-Wing, FoG: AM, Memoir 44 and FoG:N

Unreal Estates
Wargames Scenery and Models
"If you want it, I can make it or try to paint it."
(Also now playing with my new 3D printer.)

Comments will be either as my role of Organiser of Cancon/Wintercon, or as a player of various games and maker of stuff. If any post I make does not make sense in one context, try the other.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
thatirwinfella
post Feb 9 2017, 11:28 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 482

I attended Friday and Saturday.

I was able to register before the ticketing shenanigans started, but I found the website frustrating to deal with, especially from my phone. I can't recall it being that format last year.

Air Con was working well Friday. It started cold, then averaged out. I don't know if it was intentional but it worked. It didn't seem as good Saturday morning.

Food- moderate choice, the lines weren't too long, but was a bit pricey on some options. There were certain "choke points", ie multiple people serving, but maybe 1 operating the register at some times. Being an external catering company, this is probably out of your control. How about a range of food trucks out the front?

Trade stalls- no real issues. Friday, they closed before my tournament was over, so I didn't have a huge opportunity to browse that day, but that's minor. My bank account seems to reflect that I was able to make up for it on Saturday.

Parking- not a problem, there was heaps of space when I got there each day.

Tables- a good amount of space between them, I had felt quite crowded last year. Worked well.

Toilets- I actually had to prompt an one of the club reps to find a cleaner or EPIC staff to get toilet paper replenished in one of the blocks first thing on Saturday morning. This should not have been an issue, but that's more EPIC's fault.

Maccas- the nearest Maccas did seem to struggle with numbers on Friday morning. It was the same last year. Has anyone ever given consideration to giving them a heads up that an event comprising a few thousand junk food enthusiasts is taking place next door?

Overall, I felt that the day was managed well, there was no negative experience that would prevent me from attending again.

--------------------
Winner of the worst dice award, Rumble in the Bronx 2010
...And convic 2010. Man, I suck at this game.

Backed up with the golden jackalope at twatifaux 2013. Can anyone suggest a new hobby?

<Sigh> ...and Rumble in the Bronx 2013.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
twelve people may make the same decision, but that doesn't mean it is correct.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+Quote Post
Krefey
post Feb 9 2017, 03:32 PM
Post #23

Authoritarian Forum Dictator
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 98

From having spoken to Tim in the past, they can't do much about the food. They can't get food vans in because of the catering agreement the existing caterers have in place I believe. But I don't know if that's still the case.

I'm guessing Saturday was hotter inside because there was a lot more people playing, so more body heat.

--------------------
www.celestial-lions.net

Laser Shark Designs
Webstore
Offering custom laser cut goods for your gaming needs :)
+Quote Post
MBWilliams
post Jan 31 2018, 06:35 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 12,290

Food stalls improved quality of food available significantly abring and buy was very well organised/run

Well done

Martin
+Quote Post
genghisbob
post Jan 31 2018, 09:27 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 12,774

the little chairs tables and food vans on the way to fitzroy was superb!

Bring and buy keeps getting better, thanks to the MOAB guys.

Just need to persuade my events to have a shopping slot from now on. just not enough time to shop all the things
+Quote Post
Æon
post Jan 31 2018, 11:20 PM
Post #26

Edition Change Skeptic

Member No.: 222

Yep; totally agree re: the food vans and stuff; that was good.

Drivers double parking in others - not so much; but thats not Cancons fault.

--------------------

"Hail ĆON - Slayer of the Scrubs"

Full Disclosure - Yes, I really am a scrub :)

WHFB 8.5 Community FaceBook Group

40K Chapter Unapproved FaceBook Group
+Quote Post
thatirwinfella
post Feb 9 2018, 12:42 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 482

+1 for food vans. I didn't have to wait long on either day that I attended. Much faster then previous years.

--------------------
Winner of the worst dice award, Rumble in the Bronx 2010
...And convic 2010. Man, I suck at this game.

Backed up with the golden jackalope at twatifaux 2013. Can anyone suggest a new hobby?

<Sigh> ...and Rumble in the Bronx 2013.
twelve people may make the same decision, but that doesn't mean it is correct.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2019 - 01:25 AM