> Admonitions of a Suss Sufferer: Mark 2, all about Mark 3
Angry_Norway
post Jun 29 2018, 12:36 PM
Post #581

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 10,012

Game 331 - Kraye (HM) vs Wurmwood (BoO)
Epic Pit

Last game of SR17. Using a scenario that stayed in the packet, so nevermind!

In the wake of the sydney event and Steve's merry adventures, I concluded that Junior has successfully passed his eval with flying colours. So much so that what we need is more juniors, not less! Get down that focus strain! Apply the Pat methodology to Arlen!

Caine0 also pre-released his ruleset and the model is in the post, so back to that proxying thing we have a mild distaste for.
I really wanted Ace to fit in, his point higher than a Charger thing caused some issues. Wouldn't have happened if i'd just ignored the Loud Ones rules and had a 74 point list to start with.

I end up dropping a Centurion, a Charger and Arlen.
Caine0, Ace and a Defender go in instead. The Defender is there as an awkward compromise for the two jacks Kraye lost in his battlegroup, plus 16 points is a funky spot for Cygnar jack selection. I almost considered a pair of Firefly or changing Juniors jacks, however only two heavies seems not stellar and sometimes a Shield Guard model is clutch.

Anyway back in the land of corruption and round-a-bouts.Had a night randomly free as did our current pusher of Trees and magic rocks, so lets get rooted.

Wurmwood Megalith, a pair of Wold Wardens, triple Wold pew pew bots that make my upkeeps sad, single Shifting Stones, Double Sentry rocks, support models.

I grabbed the top stack of terrain out of the box, then deployed it via....DUH DUH DUH....the quadrant method. Remember that? Neither did I.

I lose the roll, Circle pick first. They suggest (Such impertinence!) that I take the side with the defensive obstruction. A cunning pschological play, as my contrarian instincts try to kick in and I weigh up switching sides. Thankfully that got wrestled down like a bear and a cub in a consenting adult human relationship out for a night on the town.

Ergo, I get a cloud on my left and a hill/obstruction that poke into the centre zone. There's also a small forest on my right.
Circle have a left side wall, a trench/water feature centrally and their own forest on the right.

The least live scenario in the packet I think? Feels like it won't be to quick anwyay provided I don't lose to much early on turn 2.

IPB Image
Circle 1: Everything moves up, Sentry Stones on either flank.
There's a Farrow Bone Grinder unit. They realise they smell delicous and start stabbing each other, leaving just the unit leader and Wurmwood with three souls.

IPB Image
Cygnar 1: My stuff moves up, generally out of threat ranges. Kraye puts Admonition on the Minuteman, who runs up and to the right. I have just no idea who to put Fire for Effect on (Correct answer is no one) and throw it on the Sentinel, given Junior is going to be hiding until the Wold Pew Pew things are dead and Arcane Shield is worth throwing out. Maybe still worth it on a Centurion? That's a math problem for later.

IPB Image
Circle 2: My Space Cadetness is probably punished with a hard spanking as the Minuteman gets absolutely torched by a Pew Pew Wold. Worst Admonition ever.

Manikins run around as part of a plan to double hellmouth Megalith into the two Chargers I put to far forward. It falls apart when the desire to feat is also maifested, which means Meg's has to trample and gets traded for probably only killing a single Charger.

We roll it out as though Wurmwood doesn't pop feat, instead double Hellmouthing and porting backwrds. I end up with a 60% assassination run, so it's a good thing I don't play Wurmy as that's what I would have done.

In any event Wurmy pops feats, basically taking out the centre of the board. So many trees. Everything else basically runs around in positions of safety.

IPB Image
Cygnar 2: There's a beautiful simplicity to playing on Wurmwood feat turns. Because you can do dick all.

We get a new Centurion Steve as the left msot fella charges up and kills a sentry Stone/enemy objective with the help of Horsepower, then repos out of control. Lynus and Edrea cheer him on.

The Defender moves across, get a bead past Wurmwoods forest to one of the Egg Carriers (Stone Shaper Wold buff doodz) and blows it away before repoing back into the cloud.
Central Centurion polarity fields and contests with a couple of the mechanics.
One Charger moves forward suidcidally, engaging Megs and a Warden to act as an annoyance. The other Charger backs up for the longer game.

Right wise the Sentry toes the zone, Junior hides behind the forest and Ace/Caine track shot the other Egg Carrier to death.

Enemy objective killed, 1-0 to me.

IPB Image
Circle 3:Time since the game is starting to build on me alas. Curse you memory wobbling.

Megalith kills the suicide Charger, one Gallows Grove and pew pew bots toe the left zone.
One warden parks in the centre of the circle zone, Strangleholds the contesting Centurion.
Rightwise the other Warden and pew pew bot kill my objective and slam the Sentinel into Ace.

Circle score on the right, with my objective killed we now sit at 1-2.

[img]https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-W1L1I7Ph698/WzJH9B9NF3I/AAAAAAAATVI/eLQ8kJN9ooUd-vAh5Ccv53659QslZpHBwCLcBGAs/s1600/016%2B%2528800x450%2529.jpg[/img
Cygnar 3: I was pretty happy with my spot at this point psot Wurmwood feat turn, casualties hadn't been the worst and I couold clear out the left with gun shots and keep my feat threat live.
I am struggling with the right side, missing that third Centurion quite badly at this point.

Lynus/Edrea, the Defender and the Charger shoot the pew pew wold in the left zone. Take out maybe half its health. Oh. Damn. I thought it would die with ease from those attacks.
Ace also has a go while Caine kills a Gallows Grove, doesn't help much.They pop Infiltrate.
Still need to score the left to keepsome scoring parity. Alas Kraye has to pop feat to wander over and land a shot, this lets Steve charge in for free after starting out of control and killing it.

Central Centurion is Strangleheld, so he just wonders forward to engage the pew pew Wold in front of him.

Right wise Junior wings the right Warden and repos back to be behind the forest.

I score the left, now 2 all. Not a success turn.

[img]https://3.bp.blogspot.com/--HipiL6hpt4/WzJH-X2ox0I/AAAAAAAATVM/NRwEFwP-L8oo6ncLDabfO3wuyvgV18hrQCLcBGAs/s1600/017%2B%2528800x450%2529.jpg[/img[
Circle 4: Megs goies into Steve on the left, strips a bunch of boxes but fails to take out any systems. Super glad I killed the Egg Carrier strength buff bros.

Wurmwood toes the centre zone and Curse of Shadows the Central Centurion, who missed a free strike on the pew pew Wold he was engaging. He than dies to the Warden in front of him.

Circle stuff takes over the right zone, easily kills the Sentinel.

Hippies score the centre and right scenariom, 2-4.

IPB Image
Cygnar 4: Four rounds and theirs a Sentry stone left alive. Not a good sign.

Defender and Steve kill Megs, the former repo's across to engage a pew pew wold.

A mechanic and the squire contest the central zone, it looks like nothing contested the right zone? That seems like some subpar playstyle there. Practically a DC movie.

The various gun shots plink the Wardens for some damage, I don't think they did a great deal.

Kraye ends up way out on the left, so the remaining Centurion is nolonger worthy of a specific appellation.

We both score on the Rectangles, 3-5.

IPB Image
Circle 5: The left Warden and Pew Pew Wold combine their powers and become a subpar Vegeta. They use this new found power to kill the Defender and contest my zone.

The contesting mechanic is brutally murdered, surprisingly the Squire sitting on the hill survives and thus Circle only score the right zone.

Now 3-6.

IPB Image
Cygnar 5: Well, this is spinning out of control pretty hard. Looking like we'll go the distance and I'll lose on control points, need to start scoring on Circle turns to even the pace.

Between the Centurion, Charger and Kraye the Warden and Pew Pew bot contesting the left rectangle are killed.

Squire runs into the Trench on the Circle side, contesting the centre zone. Ace toes it as well and wings the remaining Pew Pew thing.

Right wise Junior wings the Warden for sod all, then repos behind the forest.
Brave sir Caine runs up into the zone.

....yeah, Caine and Junior *really* should have swapped job here. Woops.

I score the left zone, 4-6.

IPB Image
Round 6/7: Yeah, this is getting foggy as. I end up killing the Wold warden and protecting my zone, scoring it in Circle turns.
Junior follows Caine in exploding whilst contesting.

The last turn of the game I kill the Wold Pew Pew bot scoring the circle right zone, so we end up leveling at 8 all, then I pip it on army points destroyed.

Needed to not waste the Minuteman and have a better plan for contesting the right zone.
Probably enough Kraye for me in the meantime, time to stop being a lazy smuck and get the Haley3 list painted. I don't have the time to get even reasonably across her prior to Wintercon, so that will likely be Winions in any case.

Game 332
I proxied Slayer spam into the above Circle list for a game.
Was weighing up how much I really wanted to write it up, which was solved by the pictures erroring out.

Not a list for me. Not just snowflakyness, I didn't feel I had to play it particualrly well. I ran stuff up, feated to early, moved loads of Slayers out of control. Combo strike and defensive stats meant I rode through with minimal difficulty/effort, jsut had to remember to camp on Gaspy and keep him safe.
Hard pass on doing that for a day of games.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Jul 6 2018, 12:33 PM
Post #582

Game 333 - Rask1 (WWfF) vs Kallus1 (PT)
Invasion

Alright, I'm 37 games in with Arkadius. Now seems a good time to work out what counters him to make an off list. I'm sure I've tried this before? Right? Please?

Anyway, one of the things I wasn't pro since Ding whacked me with a bell at OTC(Oz Version) was Primal Terrors. Maelok didn't feel like it was cutting it, the infantry feels to me like it goes hard in the direction of Posse while the Blightbringer and Hellmouths never die.

My initial thought process is what kills Hellmouths and either gets away or is expendable. I end up going with Bone Swarms with a full Corpse load. For about 24 hours I think Calaban is worth a go, making a list and putting the models in the travel case.
I promptly ditch him like a depression in the ground as Rask seems to do everything better (Fury is easier to apply, Boundless Charge gives distance, Veil of Mists allows shenanigans).

For once I use these reps for what they are meant for, reading back through the Rask reports tells me that I mostly produce absolutely nonsense.Also that Bone Swarms actually getting corpses will be nice.

Those previous games used a Blindwater Congregation list that didn't look good enough. I was opposed to running two Work for Food lists, however Dahlia seems vital for getting past the early stages of the game and having some form of contesting.

Ends up as Wrastler, Swamp Horror, 3x Boneswarms, a Pot, Ninja Pig, Dahlia and Skarath, various solos and support packages that got rapidly changed three times before I lined up a game.

The current local purveyor of the slightly wankier Dragon (Like, Toruk at least has the respect an fear of other Dragons. Everblight is the power mad maladjusted one who got power without first dealing with their inner trauma).

It's Kallus1 with Blightbringer, Harrier, double Chosen, double Rotwings, couple Spell Slaves, Ammok, War Chief.
The bane of my attempts to not whinge: Double Hellmouths.

Scenario is Invasion, central forest and water. I lost the roll and don't find my options to be to amazing. I get a hill on the left, a defensive wall and an obstruction to my right.
Legion ostensibly get an obstruction on the left, a trench in their advance deploy line and a forest on the right.
The centre forest has an impact, otherwise most of it doesn't come up.

There are legion proxies because playing with Rotwing models is an undertaking only the mad aspire to. It is yet another Full Nelson of minis placement.
Speaking of mini's placement, there was some glorious slop this game. Like Pigs in mud we were.

IPB Image
Legion 1: Unfortunately learning has happened, so one Hellmouth is behind the central forest and the other is sheltering next to the obstruction on the Legion left. Curses. The Forest Sarlacc is preyed by the Totem Hunter with the optimistic take that it'll die and I can pick a target of opportunity.

Oh, there are no Raptors. They are just the other Chosen unit.

Everything runs up, including Kallus. Tentacles out front, Rot Wings behind, then Chosen/Blight Bringer.

IPB Image
Minion 1: Legion is far up enough that it's time Rask to feat. I hate feating on the bottom of 1, it's a sad time.

Stuff mostly advances some short distances. I put Admonition on the Squid, Fury on a Bone Swarm and Boundless Charge another.

I mistakenly think the Squid has pathfinder. He doesn't. he charges a Tentacle, irrelevant in the end as he fails to kill it.

The Bone Swarms all move up, the left most goes in and kills the Tentacle that Squidhead failed at. Other pair of Bone monuments buddy up, one is the Boundless Charge version so he goes up and eats a tentacle. The Fury'ed one runs up next to him to stop drag effects.

Alten and the Efaarit try to get a free Chosen, targetting the right most fella who is well outside the Blight Bringer aura. Alten does his bit, the Efaarit flubs it hard. They then reposition out of dodge.

The Swamp Gobbers run exxxxxxxtreme flanks each, going up the left and right board edge.

IPB Image
Legion 2: Kallus stays were he is, behind the forest. He puts Ignite on the right Chosen unit and pops Dark Guidance, which I hear is a Welsh controlled Podcast.

Rot Wings run up into my Grill. It's a sad time. Skarath tries to spray a pair, flubbs it.
I admonition the Squid to move up a short distance. The thinking was that I might be able to engineer getting him onto the Blight Bringer somehow.

Chosen flood forward and get into my Bone Swarms pesonal space. Forgetting Dark Guidance means I only lose the Furyed fella. Rotwings giving -1 Def is weird and nonsensical (All that other magic and Dragon stuff is totally real and logical though, can't question it).

IPB Image
Minion 2: By god. I'm so boned. This is way worse than I thought it would be. I teched for Thagrosh dammit!

A bunch of the Rotwings are out of Kallus' control, so I could spend my turn wiping them I guess. Or I could just try to kill Kallus.

It's all about Ninja Pig at this point. Edrea clears Rot Wings off, also nuking a Swamp Gobber.
Totem Hunter clears out a blocking Spell martyr and the Incubi that spawns afterward.
Right Boneswarm kills the Harrier.
Rask moves over, drains his Fury and ends up with Admonition on himself.
Cauldron goes, the Gator smacks Brine on the butt.
Rorsh pops smoke to get Brine up.

Brine is Furyed, Boundless Charged, Puppet Stringed, Pain Responsed. He Pig Farms and charges the back Chosen.
Hits, Chosen passes tough roll. Oh dear. Next initial kills the chosen, last Initial is boosted to hit and burns the Puppet Strings to kill the Incubi and let him Overtake to Kallus. He has to boost to hit his one bought attack, so this dream is looking dead. I knock him down, max Fury to leave Kallus on 5 boxes. Oh well, it was low odds by the end of it anyway.

Wrastler killed some Rot Wings. Swamp Horror and Bone Swarm contest the centre zone, they achieve little.

Leftwise Skarath kills three Rotwings, Dahlia runs into the left zone.

I ran out of attacks to kill the Chosen contesting the right zone, so don't even score. Quick games a good game?

IPB Image
Legion 3: Alright, Rask is camping 0 and Admonition isn't that good a protection.

Things do not go as expected.

Blightbringer shoots the Swamp Horror and gets the strenth buff out.
Right hellmouth uses its spawned tentacle to drag Rorsh in and kill him. Alas poor Ninjas.
Remaining handful of Rotwings move up to Rask, who Admo's away.
The right Ignited Chosen struggle around, killing the blocking Mist Speaker and Boneswarm.
Objective survives longer than expected but ultimately does pop.

Left flank is somewhat stymied by Dahlia stopping charges, this sides Hellmouth does nothing of note, the Chosen pop the last Boneswarm and roll horribly on Skarath, doing a single damage point. The Swamp Horror gets messed up however it somehow survives, albeit it almost as messed up as a Tween getting really into Twilight.

The only score was the objective kill, so Legion go up 0-1.

IPB Image
Minion 3: On the verge of a clock win, so it's just hold on time. Otherwise it's just make attack rolls and see what happens.

The only things that threaten Dahlia are the Bling Bringer and Kallus casting Eruption, so Skarath uses Gunfighter to spray down a Spell Slave, also killing the War Chief. Dahlia keeps fiddling the left zone (Create your own priest joke here as your taste level determines).

Swamp Horror still has Spirit, so boosts attacks to kill the Rotwing holding up the Wrastler.

I need to clear a Rotwing off Rask, so Edrea goes into melee and nukes it. Also does a damage point to herself, kills a Swamp Gobber Bellows fella and rolls Box Cars on Rask. NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO BE DEATH INCARNATE.

Rask Rages the Wrastler, then shuffles across to Fury/Boundless Charge the Totem Hunter and to the right zone, paralyzes a Chosen. Said Chosen is then killed off by Alten and the cauldron shooting it.

Wrastler walks up to the centre zone, overtake, damage die spikes and garbage tough rolls lets him kill four Chosen. That Gator is so good I wouldn't even throw him at someone to stop them talking about Last Jedi Fan Reboots.

I fail at target selection, so the Efaarit moves up and shoots Ammok for three points while the Totem Hunter charges the Hellmouth for 6 damage.
The Gobber Chefs continue the long play, running around to the Legion side of the Circular zones.

I score the zone and this game of nonsense continues. 1 all.

IPB Image
Legion 4: Clock win to me this turn, we play on as I'm curious as to what happens from here.

Blightbringer charges in and kills the Wrastler. That's the attrition possibilities lost, he probably could have used overtake moves to get out of threat. Whoops. Or Admonition, though I didn't have the Fury for everthing last turn.

Kallus continues his healing protocol from the objective and lame Hyper Regen, now has 9 boxes. Puts up Dark Guidance, moves forward somewhat and throws Ignite on the Chosen around Skarath.

Chosen around Skarath stab, now with the ability to actually hit him. He gets left on three odd boxes of Spirit.
Left side Hellmouth Tentacles just wiggle around and regret life.

Right Maw and Ammok try to kill the Totem Hunter, they roll poorly and only do a couple damage points.

Legion score the centre zone, now up 1-2.

IPB Image
Minion 4: Only one thing left to us at this point. The Kallus must be jabbed with a pointy enough implement to crack it down to the sweet tender skin underneath.

The right Swamp Gobber Chef is rewarded for his efforts, charging in and killing Ammok. As...planned....
Rask tries to finish off the Hellmouth to cycle Totem Hunter Prey and let him charge, he cocks it up.
Efaarit moves up, manages to do 6 points. Good stuff.

Totem hunter walks over, jumps, Stabs Kallus and kills him.

Not how I thought things would go. I had no attacks I could do on Kallus after that, Skarath wouldn't survive the freestrikes to spray, Alten and Cauldron couldn't get line of sight.

Matchup Wise: Might be ok? It's no hard counter but bring enough tools and stuff happens.

Swamp Horror should have used Drag/Puppet Strings to drag Rotwings out of Kallus' feat, getting kills and denying Incubus spawing. Poor Admonition use, should have been on the Wrastler from the get go. Biggest screw up was throwing away Bone Swarms, who should have been further back out of Chosen advance and punch range. Ninja Pig probably should have been central to threaten Hellmouth Maws, though pathfinder being charge dependent is not ideal.
Cauldron is awesome.

Only thing currently in the air is the support package. Both a Witch Doctor and a Spell Slave Gator would be nice, however they only get in by cutting stuff. Still loving Lynus and Edrea because I have a disease. Deep in my membrane.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Jul 17 2018, 12:17 PM
Post #583

Game 334 - Rask1 (WWfF) vs The Child1 (DM) - Mini Rep
Epic Recon (v2.3, ye slight flag shuffle)

Had a quick bash on the zap night commemorating Gyebaek's not very good day.

Laziness compelled me to randomise the terrain. I lose the die roll, get given second.It's relly a choice between a conjoined pair of walls or a cloud, I opt for the walls given my significantly better pathfinder options, though adding Veil of mists to the cloud bank would have made me happy as well.

Grymkin run forward as a brick with flanking Gorehounds. One S & M runs just into range of Alten and the Efaarit, so they move up and knock it down to 15 boxes. Pretty happy with that. I feat on the bottom of 1 which felt sad.

Second round Grymkin move up somewhat more cautiously, the pair of Crabbits hover over to the injured Skin and Moans. One of the Gore Hounds was designated as the Totem Hunters Prey, so that fella runs out to the left. The unfortunate result of Prey against a battle group heavy list, mayhap the Death Knell would have been a better option.

In any event, my bottom of two sees me get a bit stuck. I want to score the right zone, which means killing a pair of Dread Rots and a Gremlin swarm. This means triggering Sacrifice as the Crabbits will stop Alten applying Grievous wounds to him. Solvable with the application of mroe quality guns in the area, alas I lacked them. Better to pop Sacrifice now than later, not like Alten and the Efaarit are done with their damage for this game.

Dahlia and Skarath use the walls to contest the left zone. Good luck popping that nonsense, only thing Grymkin have is Force Hammer to threaten the flutist, boosted 13's to force a transfer. Glorious.
Alten and the Efaarit wing a Crabit on the right, Totem Hunter gets magic weapons and charges it. Rolls the 1 and 2 to miss it, so that's a shame. His shield pops the Gremlin Swarm then he sprints toward the right.

Attacks on the Dread Rots whiff pretty bad, so it looks like I'll only score one point this turn off my flag. Alas.

The Bone Swarms pop their animus and walk up onto the hill. Opposing list doesn't have a massive number of pieces, pretty sure whatever comes in to kill those things will let me trade up. One also has Admonition.

Grymkin 3 there's a large tank stop. The Dread Rots charge the Swarms, the Admonition one triggers it to move forward and shield his comrade.
Embarrasingly it takes two of the Skin and Moans to kill the fetid pile of skulls. Swarm successfully fills it's niche (Lots of missed boosted 8's).
A Gorehound goes into the Totem Hunter and kills him. Such evil. He's the only one of his kind until Zu come out! (Though I guess he stopped me a character in teh transition from Mark 2 to 3, so that statement doesn't mean very much). Then again, I don't give a sod about Zu.

IPB Image
Child ended up moving forward, so Rask lands a Paralyze shot and a Bone Swarm + Skarath kills it without to much trouble.

Bit awkward to write this one truth be told. Ultimately I won on clock and was always going to due to opposing analysis paralysis. I weighed up just doing a short paragraph deal, the Boneswarms using their Animus with success however jsut sticks with me. By the power of Swarm.

I'd forgotten just how much I liked Boneswarms.

Coming soon to a low ranking in Frawleys Cave:

Minions - Swarmin'
Theme: Will Work For Food
3 / 3 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army
Jaga-Jaga, the Death Charmer - WB: +27
- Targ - PC: 4
- Blackhide Wrastler - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 16)
- Blackhide Wrastler - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 11)
- Boneswarm - PC: 7
Gatorman Witch Doctor - PC: 0
Gatorman Witch Doctor - PC: 0
Eilish Garrity, the Occultist - PC: 0
Boil Master & Spirit Cauldron - Boil Master & Spirit Cauldron: 5
Boil Master & Spirit Cauldron - Boil Master & Spirit Cauldron: 5
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Jul 20 2018, 03:24 PM
Post #584

Game 335 - Rask1 (WWfF) vs Wurmwood1 (BoO)
Mirage

One last gasp of practice before Wintercon. Not hugely feeling it alas, need a holiday from the daily coal mine which isn't on the horizon so the weekend tourney will probably be tepid results wise.

Think I played this one without to much stupidity, alas I'm somewhat disinthralled from introspection and thinking through my plays so this won't be a deep dive (On scale from 0 to American invested in their local politics I'd rate myself a 62.7%).

Playing into Wurmwood, dropping Rask as he needs more practice. Definitely in a better position with him than I was at Cancon (Every so often I still here the screams from the night of a 1000 kicky monk heals).

Doesn't feel great for me. Hellmouth bad for low model count lists, Haunting Melody is in the bin with all the construct warbeasts, Swarm does sod all.

Terrain wise there's a cenralish obstruction, a fog bank on the centre left and a deep wall on the circle side. Other terrain does not make an impact.

IPB Image
Minion 1: Stuff runs up. Wurmwood is going behind the house, so the plan is to just assassinate when the opportunity allows. Veil of Mists goes out touching the fog bank, Squid thing gets Fury, one Boneswarm gets Admonition and triple corpes from the Pot Saucing it up (The teasing minx).

Deliberately ran some beasts in walk and spray range of the Sentry stone units, hoping to entice some sprays rather than things being run into position.

Totem Hunter Preyed the right Sentry unit. Didn't feel like there were strong choices, Cassius would be ideal but it highlights that I really want to kill that sodding.....sodder.....

Fury on the Hentai beast was a mistake, it should have gone on the Totem Hunter. Stealth and being further left would have helped future turn decisions.

IPB Image
Circle 1: Alas, the enticement works just as well as trickle down economics as twigmen run around for future turns and to hellmouth the Squid into the fog bank. An issue easily solved by keeping him 3 point a Bee's Baby Gravy Maker away from the Fog Bank (Opening turn means Wurmwood has no souls and can't pop a second Hellmouth).

Fortunately there's only one Anti Magic Pew Pew Wold on the left side, so the Squid beast survives with half a dozen boxes.

Super unfortunately both it and Bribe get Strangleheld by Wold Wardens. Sadness. No straight up killing Wurmwood this turn it is.

IPB Image
Minion 2: The only thing the World Cup reminds me of is David Beckham jokes. Basically, to my understanding, he's not the brightest of lads and Posh Spice didn't cease to exist when the girl group broke up.

One Boneswarm gets all the buffs (Fury, Elasticity, max Corpses, Puppet strings, Boundless Charge), charges next to the house to eat Cassius and break the Stone unit. Good Boney Pup. Shame you are going to die so hard.
Other Bone Swarms sidle up behind the house, intending to kill the now immobile Wurmwood next turn.

Everything shuffles around. Alten kills a Gallows Grove on the left.
Gobber Chefs run into threaten scoring/contesting things.

Rask has feated this turn.

IPB Image
Circle 2: Megs kills the forard Bone Swarm Hero, a different Warden pops one of the others. Squidy pops to various attacks.

Michael Bay makes both trash and piles of money. SAD. Remember SAD?

That's all good. Reasonable casualties.
Wait.....Skarath gets hellmouthed forward and dies to Wold Wyrd shots.
Well.....####.

Circle scores the left flag and their zone, 0-2.

IPB Image
Minion 3: Gah, bored now.

Can't get anything onto Wurmwood. Stranglehold and feat sadness, maybe everything should have just pushed up harder and accepted some casualties? Oh well.

Totem hunter jumps in, kills the Blackclad on the left flag, sprints behind the wall. Goodbye sweet prince.
Remaining Boneswarm gets Fury, moves up and kills Megalith after an Efaarit shot. Well.....damn son.
Brine kills the left Sentry Stone, the nearby Woldwyrd and then gets Souied backwards.

I score my zone and the centre/right flags, now 3-2.

IPB Image
Circle 3: Feats are expired. Wurmwood can't move. Unfortuantely....

Strangle death times! Brine and the Blackhide both get pinged. Boneswarm and Efaarit both die, Totem Hunter survives Wurmwood trying to nuke him.

Circle score their zone and left/centre flag, now 3-5.

IPB Image
Up to Circle 5: My heavies stay Strangleheld, my bit pieces remaining lack the hitting power to clear out the Wold Warden contesting my zone. The plan to win on clock falls short by a pair of minutes as Circle cruise to a scenario victory, needed to focus fire on solos more early and palce better to allow the assassination after the good start.

List feels okayish. First game I wish Lynus/Edrea and Dahlia/Skarath were something different, though both of those would be ameliorated by better play (Casting Counter Blast on my feat turn, positioning all three models better).

Temptation to just do the Bone Swarm list is stronger than it should be (aka at all).
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Jul 23 2018, 04:33 PM
Post #585

Game 336 - Rask1(WWfF) vs Thagrosh1(PT) - Wintercon Rnd1
Mirage

Wintercon time, running Arkadius usual nonsense and Rask.

Good thing we did that last minute Mirage practice, for here is the latest scenario blight. Also Bobliness running Primal Terror madness, so that's awkward. He knows my own caster considerably better than I do. Fortunately, Hillmeister hadn't used the latest Legion abomination before, so we have a chance!

All the models were borrowed for the opposing side, so we started with an exercise of what model was what and how squads were differentiated (It turns out, skin tone.).

I wasn't super into the dollies going into the day, so I was somewhat resigned to having a medium length game and maybe dropping after the first round. That said, the Rask list was specifically there to give at least some fight to the Primal Terrors shenanigans based on a few things, more on these two thoughts later.

I lose the roll, Blobster takes first. I take the side with a defensive wall and small obstruction for more anti-Hellmouth drag stuff. There's also a central forest, a hill on the left and some other terrain that doesn't matter.

Template wise:
Green = Forest
Brown = Hill
Blue = Water

The Primal Terrors build is the Doorbell special, so Thags1, Blightbringer, Golab, triple Warmongers and Rotteneye, double Hellmouth. Support solos.

IPB Image
Legion 1: One Hellmouth goes behind the hill on the left, another is toeing the Legion circle and hiding behind the central forest, so that's going to be a fun mess.

IPB Image
Minion 1: The distances are going to close up enough that we can give up on the prospect of feating later on. Dahlia throws up Haunting Melody and moves up to the front, intent being for her to be a anti-drag safety net and make Ogrun sad, have to be wary of Skarath being killed and her getting Oblited by Thags. Or just shot by the Blightbringer every turn.

Totem Hunter also picked the central Hellmouth as the Prey Target. Poor choice, only way that's relevant is in clutch Maw kills or Tentacle clearing, any of the Warmonger units would have been better.

Move up mostly as a blob on my zone, Dahlia and snake on the left, Ninja Pig on the right. Admonition on the left Bone Swarm, Fury on the Totem Hunter. I throw out a Veil of Mists, it does nothing beyond assisting in good habit creation.

One Gobber Chef runs far left, Alten Ashley goes far right.

IPB Image
Legion 2:Stuff runs forward. Thagrosh is super mean and stays outside of Brines threat range.
A Warmonger from each unit runs up on the right to engage stuff and make an awkward social situation as they beg to be hurt to trigger vengeance. I guess if it's consensual we can make it work.

Skarath sprays with counterblast to kill a tentacle. Well.....tried to anyway. The left Boneswarm proced Admonition off said Tentacle to move up into charge range of the left Hellmouth.

Legion are a blob in the middle of the board. A scary scary blob. Of scary bitey things.

IPB Image
Minion 2: Mirage wise, Legion has a small number of solos. I think there has been a general lack of response thus far to change lists to incoporate the existence of Mirage, which specifically needs a large number of solos to keep scoring super live (Alexia1, Gobber Chefs, Tinkers, Spell Martyrs, that sort of low tier garbage). I think you can get away with only one unit, on the proviso your happy for your caster to score circle zones in Invasion.

Anyway, what this means is that once the War Chief pops I have much better scoring capability assuming I can get board presence. Thags/Ammok will probably only be defensive scorers, which is fine.

That's future turn thinking though, for now I have to wish we were in a pub so I could have a morning pick me up and start chipping the blob.

Skarath messes up and doesn't clear blocking tentacles, so the Swamp Horror does it instead. I'd hoped to send the Horror into the left War Monger unit, using its drag attacks to pull them out of Thags Aura and the Blightbringer buff. As it was the tentacles were a struggle, as was the one blocking Ogrun and it maxes Fury to get the work done. Not ideal.

Ideally the squid would have been placed to drag the tentacles outside of Hellmouth command and auto kill, alas positioning didn't allow that.

That chaff clearing means the left Bone Swarm gets Fury, Rage and Boundless Charge, goes into the left Maw and one shots it. That felt unlawfully good.Dahlia then moves up, putting the left Warmongers under Haunting Melody.

Right wise, Brine/Totem Hunter kill the forward Ogrun then Souie/Sprint back a bit. A few charges can get to them, so the right most Bone Swarm casts Swarm and charges in toi take one for the team.

Gobber Chef runs to the right flag, a Swamp Gobber runs to contest the Legion zone. Alten Ashley and the Efaarit shoot down an Ogrun and repo away to the right, Alten is super far up at this point.

I score my zone and the right flag, 2-0.

IPB Image
Legion 3: Like a Pokemon trainer under the strain of self realisation, Legion shambles forward and starts the slaps of pain while screaming "It isn't me! It's not my fault! The system created the slavery! I'm just living my life! etc.".

Around the left flag which favours the Legion deploy Golab, two War Mongers and one Warchief go into the Boneswarm which killed the Hellmouth. Said beast defies the odds, somehow surviving albeit with only its Spirit remaining. By the power of the Swarm Animus!

Another pair of Warmongers go into the central Boneswarm who was shielded by the wall, they do little.

Rightwise, Vengeance attacks killed the suicide Boneswarm blocker, the Ogrun then knocked out Brines mind, killed the Gobber Chef on the right flag and did five damage to the Totem hunter.
Blightbringer just ran to get into position for its armour buff to get out there.

Legion score their zone and the central flag with Ammok, now 2-2.

IPB Image
Minion 3: I can get Brine onto the Blightbringer! I just have to kill one blocking Ogrun. The forward Boneswarm Frenzies due to a Fury overload (Expecting them to die seemed reasonable to both sides), he triggers a freestrike to do so and dies. Farewell noble swarm of bones.

Alright, time to clear up this blocking Ogrun.
Totem Hunter puts on the cool shades of murder.
IPB Image
And sods it up.

Rasks gun, the Cauldron shot and Lynus and Edrea all fail.
Completely hosed for even the bad options, we need our hero. Our hero is a charging Mistspeaker.
That Mat 5 POW 10 might comes through, killing the Ogrun and letting Ninja Pig get smoked forward. Rask also put Rage and Boundless Charge on him. I reasoned that it was better to use the Wrastler Animus so that Brine could buy an extra attack, haven't done the math that I likely should. Certainly less dicey in the direction of an average result.

Brine charges the Blightbringer. Maxes Fury, rolls pretty well, leaves it on 6 boxes. Curse you Thagrosh Aura of strength penaltyness!

Alten moves in. Shoots. Does 5 damage with his special anti-warbeastness. His popgun does a single damage point to finish it off.

Never in doubt.

Wrastler and Boneswarm clear out the pair of Ogrun in my zone.

Skarath and Squid beast kill the left side Ogrun including the Warchief, also take out most of Golag. Swampy could have dragged Golag in for a Bite attack, I elect not to as if it fails Rask is threatened.

A Swamp Gobber runs to contest the Legion zone.

I score my zone, go up 3-2.

I'm under 15 minutes, so the pics stop.

Legion 4: We discover Ammok strips upkeeps, and Dahlia isn't the ptron saint of saving the matchup like I thought. He does that, then Golag eats her. Skarath goes into hibernation because 'tis winter.
I'm doing pretty good attritionally and have the solos remaining for the scenario, so one Ogrun kills a Mistspeaker while another charges Rask camping 0. Does 12 damage to put him on three boxes.
Legion score their zone, 3-3.

Minion 4: Rask Paralyzes Golag, who then gets eaten by the Squid.
The Gobber Chef I ran to the left side in turn 1 runs in toward the left flag.
Efaarit, Pot and Boneswarm clear out the Ogrun. Efaarit also moves to the right flag.
Alten Ashley completes his long march, toeing in the back right edge of the Legion zone.
I score the right flag, lacked the attacks to kill a contesting tentacle I think? 4-3 off the Efaarit flag, though the exact scoring pings evade me at this point.

Legion 5: Thagrosh feats Golag back, who moves toward Rask. Tentacle fails to kill Alten. Thagrosh kills the last Bone Swarm and sprints back.
Must have been some Ogrun still around to contest, something kills the Totem Hunter.

IPB Image
Endstate (Minion 5/Round 6): I become hyper focused on the scenario win. I have a turn of screwing around, then a turn in which the Wrastler kills Golag for the second time. The Gobber Chef and Efaarit stay camping the side flags. Had I just killed Golag and passed the turns to get to round 7 I unavoidably win, alas I waste time making attacks I didn't need to on a tentacle contesting my zone and clock out on the bottom of 6. So close.

Loved this game, though I was exhausted by the end of it. A tough first round is not how I do my tournaments, haven't had good under pressure situations for some time. Should start practicing with a reduced Deathclock.

In any event, I found that dolly mashing super engaging, so happily looked like I'd summoned the energy to play out the tourney.

List wise, I finally accepted this game that Lynus/Edrea are hyper sillyness. The list is emant to deal with this Primal Terrors bend were on, whereas they are some luxury Gremlin killing junk I don't need. I'm also not sold on the Squid, does good work however the understandable Fury 3 is painful to me in practice.

Anyway, can't change the list at this point, onward to round 2!
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Jul 23 2018, 07:33 PM
Post #586

Game 337 - Arkadius1(WWfF) vs Heretic1(BitN) - Wintercon Rnd2
Invasion

I used "Laborious" in a sentence at work today. The contractor looked at me like I was a wizard who turned his pen into a chicken giblet.

Anyway, into the next round we go. Reeeally hoping for a short one this time. One of the 3-1 people will make the top 4 cut, so here we spin up operation submarine.

Into our Ship Captain Crew opponent of the Cancon Masters, running the TruculentFamilies as led by Old Witch with Beasts and Heretic with loads of dudes.
Heretic drops, though I'm not super concerned either way as Arkadius likes mauling both.

Arcana picked are Sacrifice and Labyrinth (Everyone heals when someone dies, after one of my models advances into Heretics control area everyone gets -2Spd).
Sacrifice isn't a huge deal for me, just keep going until you kill stuff. Labyrinth could be problematic if I line up my feat poorly.

I win the die roll, pick first because I don't want to think about anything more than I have to.
There's a central forest and Grymkin have a defensive wall.

IPB Image
Minion 1: Forward piggies!

A couple of the left Razor Boars move into walk and shoot range of the Hollowman, the intent being for them to move up and shoot rather than running up and spreading out.
Battle Boar receives Forced Evolution, given he's going to be the lawn mower on all the doodz.

Road Hogs move in front of Arkadius for that sweet Adrenaline needle those junkies crave.

Both Gorax' are Preyed by the Murder Crows waiting in ambush.

IPB Image
Grymkin 1: Everything moves up, sure enough the Hollowman on the left pop some CRA's and kill one of the Razor Boars. For the greater good little Piggy.

Heretic, Cage Rager and Frightmare are in the vicinity of the wall, Gorehound is out on the extreme right. As Gorehounds are want to do. Right mess of infantry blob hard.

The...tree solo thingies are out front and centre.

Heretic also puts out a wall of fire on the right.

IPB Image
Arkadius 2: Plan is to feat, send the Battle Boar out to the left and a War Hog into the mob on the right while the Road Hogs do sprays.

Step 1, Hutchuck ambushes in. His Wild Shot knocks down the Gorehound, then the charge roll spikes and puts him one one box.

Razor Boars run into frenzy charge positions. The Objective Pathfindered one of the Road Hogs, Witch Doc put Ghostly on the right Road Hog. Battle Boar and right War Hog get Primalled to assist the mulching of infantry.

Arkadius sticks Adrenaline needles into the Road Hogs and feats.
The Battle Boar moves forward first. The other plans are not contingent on the Labyrinth distance penalty, so he has to go first. No Arcana are popped.
A Razor Boar then goes in and kills off the Gorehound, the other Razor Boars eat a couple infantry faeries around the board.

Battle Boar then walks in procs his Berserk. He overtakes his way through 13 Dread Rots/Hollowman, so that's the left flank mostly solved.

Centre wise, one Road Hog goes in, flamethrowers down six odd infantry, kills a Wood Solo thing in melee, dings up the Cage Rager and sprints back taking a freestrike for a bit. The other Road Hog then goes in, damages the Frightmare with its spray and kills off the Cage Rager then Sprints forward.

Lack of Labyrinth and the early Grymkin Battlegroup losses mean that the Primalled Ghostly War Hog opts not to mulch a load of infantry, instead he walks, up kills the toughed out Dreadrot, becomes a green proxy base and moves up to the Heretic. Transfers kill the Frightmare and Heretic dies.

Well, that was unexpected. Turns out the Heretic wanted to pop Reckoning late in the turn to have a chance to kill enough of the heavies on the counter strike turn. My long play is to just hold the centre and wait for the Murder Crows to slog their way in before Overtaking/lightning them to death.

Damn nice to get a pseudo Rahn game in and get time to just swan around and relax.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Jul 24 2018, 12:58 PM
Post #587

Game 338 - Rask1(WWfF) vs Harbinger1(FM) - Wintercon Rnd3
Spread the Net

Get ready for the Spread effect,it's buterfly jailing time. Mmm. Butter. Baby goat horns are cool. I would treasure a jar of Goat Eyes.

It's Menoth. Harbinger and Testament. Sigh.

No Arkadius for this dumpster fire. Awe is just dreadful. The idea that it needs to go to 12" is straight up madness to me. Rask also has RFP on Brine, Skarath and Bone Swarms so if Testament does drop I ameliorate the whole revive shenanigan he's got going.

Sure enough Harby drops which doesn't shock me unduly. After that slow nightmare grind in the Cancon semi-finals the ploy is to play for the assassination. It's Faithful Masses, or whatever the unruly unbathed mob theme is called, meaning Harby is going to place a wall and hide behind it.

Hmm. For a mob of filthy peasants this list sure has a bunch of elite knights and kicky monks. When I think of kicky monks all I hear are screams as my earlobes attempt to seperate from me, eager as they are for me to be a classic bond villain. Roger Moore was decent.

I lose the die roll, Menites pick first. There's a central forest, I take the side from which it feels the Bone Swarms will be better able to run up and hide behind it in the quest for a bottom of 2 kill run.

I also have a blob of water, and a forest in my rectangle zone on the right flank that would be more a problem than anything else.
Menites have a hill way out on their left and a defensive cloud. Their wall terrain goes behind the forest in the central zone. I'll see you there soon Harby.

IPB Image
Menoth 1: Idrians move up on the left side of the board, having Preyed Brine.
Menoth favours the left side of the table pretty hard, sure enough Harby goes behind the wall.
One Paladin and the two Kicky Monks go out to the right side of the board, one sitting on the Menoth flag while the other runs up to contest my zone from behind the forest of irritation.

IPB Image
Minion 1: Per the plan, the Boneswarms run forward. Rask throws out all his upkeeps, Admonition on the right Swarm, Fury on the left, Veil of Mists out next to the forest. Idea being that Harby will hopefully burn focus on Purification.

Ninja Pig hangs back, Squid goes out left to waste Idrian time.
Dahlia and Skarath pop Haunting Melody/Counter Blast and wonder over to my rectangle zone, plan being for them to take over the right side of the board. Skarath has pretty good odds of straight up eating kicky monks, so let it be done.

I activate the pot stupidly late, so it gets three corpses and can't pass them out to any Boneswarm, so that's not a good use of planning right there.
Rask also feats this turn to try to limit menoth getting in and killing my stuff in this set up phase.

IPB Image
Menoth 2: Turns out my guess on what Harby would do are completely off. The Champions take point in front of Harby and at the centre line edge of the Menoth rectangle while Harby feats and camps, the Idrians back up and the Hammer Dwarves move up to the top edge of the circle zone.

Rask feat effects really.

Both Kicky Monks assume the stance of unkillable lols, one flag camping while the other goes into the forest in my rectangle zone.

IPB Image
Minion 2: Alright, lets do it. Plan is for the Bone Swarms to punch out the Champions and make Harby Martyr a bunch of time, then Squid goes in, overtakes to her and kills her.

Rask shoots the left Champion, which draws out the Shield Guard. This is critical as it lets Alten land the hit instead, applying Grievous wounds and allowing the requisite overtake move for the Squid.

The Bone Swarms......turn out to suck when you mess up and don't give them Corpses. It takes all three to dismount the Champion in front of the Harby, so they do no Martydoms at all.
The Efaarit scout at least lands on a Hammerdorf and gets a point on her. It's something.

The proper long term play is to run the Squid back and probably switch gears to trying to recover attritionally, I instead go for it anyway. Harby will probably run away after this and I won't get the chance again.
That said, I charge the Squid to the wrong side of the Champion so he can't possibly use the overtake move to get to her. Good at this stuff. it eats the Champ and awaits it's demise.

One Gobber Chef runs to my flag, a Bellows Crew members gets up and contests the Menoth flag, Skarath with the 4 dice to hit eats the Kicky Monk contesting my zone.

I score my flag and rectangle zone, 2-0.

IPB Image
Menoth 3: Leftwise, the Menoth Heavy has no issues killing the Squid. Idrians move up and do a super CRA on the Gobber Chef camping the flag.

Centrally, Harby shuffles to have the right side Kicky Monk in Martydom range as the Hammer Dwarves kill all the Bone Swarms with some solo assistance.

Rightwise, one kicky monk sits on the Menite flag, the Paladin moves up in whatever the armour stance thing is.

Menoth scores their flag and rectangle, I score my rectangle, 3-2.

IPB Image
Minion 3: Just muddling along at this point trying bad assassination runs.

Swamp Gobber Chef who was chilling out on the left flank runs in to contest the Menoth zone, Mist Speaker moves to my own flag.

Do some bit attacks that force Martydoms, harby ends up on about 8 health. Totem Hunter gets Fury, jumps into the backline and misses both Harby and the Hierophant. Nuts.

Ninja Pigs move back to score my rectangle as Skarath and the Efaarit move up to the Menothy flag, eating the Paladin on the way.

I score my flag and zone, now 5-2.

IPB Image
Menoth 4: A Paladin gets a charge on Rask (Need to stop letting that happen), does a big belt that takes out the Wrastler Mind and Spirit.

Idrians once more kill the solo (Mistspeaker) on my flag, repo forward puts one of them in conteting range.

Hammer Dwarves kill the Boilmaster who ran in suicidally to block them up, also get three charges into Skarath and do some damage. One also gets up and toes my rectangle.

Menites score their flag, now 5-3.

No pic for the next turn. This wasn't a game with tight gameplay from the get go with multiple repositionings and some out of sequence things, which is fine, except one of those things came up for dispute. I hadn't clicked on the game state at all, so didn't realise why things were contentious. Ultimately my weakest aspect as a player has always been the early establishment and enforcement of clean play which would have avoided the entire shemozzle.

Anyway, Edrea runs to contest the Menoth zone, Alten kills the contesting Idrian and goes to my flag, Brine easily clears the dwarf contesting my rectangle, Skarath Crit Consumes the Kicky monk and eats the three nearby dwarfs. Efaarit moves to the Menoth flag.

I score three, now 8-3.

I slap the clock. Harbys Plantlife looks at me as though I was a moron, which I am, because I didn't realise I'd just won.

Just odd. I've never tripped so hard into a win before, which was done solely on habits rather than intent. 2-1 for me, alas the Submarine is grounded as the opening Primal Terrors gets Ossrumed. Oh well, it's all about the chance to play sweet games anyway.

This post has been edited by Angry_Norway: Jul 24 2018, 01:00 PM
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post Jul 24 2018, 12:58 PM
Post #588

Member No.: 4,171

Well...That was a game.

13 Dreadrots/Hollowmen is a pretty decent effort. smile.gif

--------------------
Everything that existed before I was born is irrelevant, everything that exists after I die is lucky.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Jul 24 2018, 01:02 PM
Post #589

QUOTE(Master Chris @ Jul 24 2018, 12:58 PM) *

Well...That was a game.

13 Dreadrots/Hollowmen is a pretty decent effort. smile.gif

That's some good post timing tongue.gif

Just Battle Boar things, when the matchups his it's so his. Fetch.
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post Jul 24 2018, 02:20 PM
Post #590

Stop trying to make Fetch happen.

Menoth game looked interesting. How do you rate the Champions? I haven't played them but I find the cost per solo a tad drastic but looks like they do good work?

--------------------
Everything that existed before I was born is irrelevant, everything that exists after I die is lucky.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Jul 24 2018, 02:59 PM
Post #591

QUOTE(Master Chris @ Jul 24 2018, 02:20 PM) *

How do you rate the Champions? I haven't played them but I find the cost per solo a tad drastic but looks like they do good work?

Mmmm.....pleading insufficient evidence.

Arm20 seemed nice, however I was putting bad attacks in (Boosted 12's are bad). When it came time to thwack stuff they didn't appear to be any better than the Paladins, however they never got to make real attacks as a charging Cav model. My memory is they were far more event in the Cancon Semi-final game, however that match was extremely different (make me not miss Outlast that much really).
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Jul 26 2018, 12:42 PM
Post #592

Game 339 - Arkadius1(WWfF) vs Kaelyssa1(LoD) - Wintercon Rnd4
Epic Recon

Final round, into one of the locals. NorthIll we will name them.

It's Ret. Filthy elveseseseseses. Gollum no likely.

It's Ossyan and Kaelyssa. I opt to drop Arkadius, feels like Rask just gets shot up by Ossyan. Plus I'd rather drop the list I'm better with into the faction who has Jacks I've never successfully identified on the first go.

Recon is also one of the scenario's that's quite strong for the Piggy list, given it has beasts for days and has solos explicitly for one off scoring/contesting. More people should get on this Chef bandwagon. Not actual Chefing as it were, that job looks horrible.

I lose the roll, pick the side with a friendly obstruction/trench/hill deal. Questionable how much those things will matter, however it is definitely a stronger side. I mostly took it because the Ret side of the left zone has a wall that basically stops them toeing to score easily on their end.
Also a central forest.
That AoE4" is the edge of the small obstruction on my side, cause sod that piece of terrain otherwise.

Kaelyssa has double Sentinels with UA's, a pair of Lights with Crit Knock down guns, a pair of Heavies with....things? Definitely guns and pointy bits. A Sentinel Solo, triple Arcanist, Silly Willy.

Walked in with an unhealthy fear of Kaelyssa assassination on Arkadius.

IPB Image
Ret 1: Everything Elfy and hateful runs forward. A few sentinels toe each zone. The lights lean left, the heavies go central. Blur is on the right unit.

IPB Image
Minion 1: Hmm. Legolas and all his little satan peons are to far away for an easy to plan feat turn. I opt to wait things out, first scoring chance is on my next turn anyway.

Everything moves forward tepidly, Razor Boars mirror the Sentinels in dividing up equally and sitting at the edge of their zone. Fair number of dudes gives the Battle Boar hope so he gets Forced Evo.

IPB Image
Ret 2: Not Much moves here aye? Begin yelling and turning the black hair to blond to save on ink.

A few of the Sentinels move forward in either zone to bait out the Vengeance triggers.
Kaelyssa feats to make life difficult.
The Jacks all shoot at the forward Road Hog after being given the whatsit to see through the forest, they roll poorly and don't kill it, a handful of boxes remaining.

IPB Image
Minion 2: Hmm. Road Hog is on the verge of death and I'm not keen to move Arkadius up given the forest isn't in the best place, Ret Jacks could just move around. If either War Hog was in feat charge and walk into the Ret Heavies I'd probably have gone for it.

As it is, weird Cold War standoff stuff it is.

One Razor Boar runs up to contest the Ret flag to prevent the offensive score, the damaged Road Hog has pathfinder from the objective and gets healed by Surgery and Targ. The Pig Big then moves up, hoping to set Kaelyssa aflaim and kill Sylyss. Misses both, so that wasn't great.

A couple Razor Boars on the right pop their Animus, Arkadius camps four and chills out in a Gobber cloud.

I score my flag,now 1-0.

IPB Image
Ret 3: Left zone wise, the light Jacks shoot down a Razor Boar, another dies to a charging Sentinel. The last Rabo gets slammed out of hte zone by whatever Ret gun does that, it loses two aspects and is on a handful of boxes. The Sentinels here flood the zone and pop their mini feat.

Around the Ret Objective, the heavies try to kill the 10ish box Road Hog and absolutely sod it up. It takes a pair of Sentinels coming in from the left side to finish it off.

Right wise the flag contesting Razor Boar gets mulched by the Sentinels, who also pop their mini-feat and flood forward, they engage a couple beasts on my edge of the zone.

Ret score their flag and the left zone, now 1-2.

IPB Image
Minion 3: This is my feat turn, so....cmpplicated #### goes down.

Left wise, that Sentinel unit gets Crippling Grasped. The previously damaged Razor Boar gets Primal from this flanks Gorax, frenzy activation shakes it and lets it get up in and eat a Sentinel.It then clears off a blocking Sentinel to let the Battle Boar and War Hog through, the Battle Boar eats one Sentinel on the Frenzy then another four with the lawnmower actions.
War Hog goes up, doesn't have Primal so only kills one Light jack and takes out an arm on the other.

Centrally, the surviving Road Hog kills two of the left unit Sentinels that killed its brother, sets the central Ret heavy and objective on fire. Frenzy clears its Fury, a Swarmp Gobber puts a cloud in front of it.

Right wise Gorax and Razor Boars flail at clearing off the Blocking Sentinels, eventually the Pathfindered War Hog gives and takes a Freestrike to go through the forest, kill one of the Ret heavies and the Sentinel Solo on the Ret flag. Frenzy clears the War Hog Fury and lets a few more Sentinels die to the lesser/light beasts.

Content with that turn, killed a fair bit. Ideally more of the right Sentinels or the other Heavy would have popped, such is life.

I score my flag, 2-2.

IPB Image
Ret 4: All the Ret forces converge on the War Hogs, the heavy going left, healthyish Sentinel unit on the right.
Left Hog pops without to much issues, the right side Sentinels flub once more and leave it alive on a few boxes.
The remaining light jack gets healed by an Arcanist, tries to shoot down the Gobber Chef and completely flubbs it.

Said Flubbing of attacks mean I score my flag, 3-2.

IPB Image
Minion 4: War Hog, Battle Boar and left Razor Boar all frenzy from Primals and do light dinging work.

Things are looking okay at this point, just have to keep my friendly flag score and play it out, the right zone should fold to me shortly.

The Road Hog gets buffed up, goes into the surviving Ret Heavy and kills it. Has to Max Fury to do it, so sadly doesn't get to Sprint away.

Otherwise attacks just get spent killing most of the remaining Sentinels and Sylyss.

I score my flag again, 4-2.

IPB Image
Round 5: Kaelyssa charges up to kill the Road Hog. I was somewhat shocked to discover she has melee attacks. She does some damage, though it was ultimately underwhelming, forcing the light jack to finish it off.

Right wise the handful of Sentinels finally finish off the War hog.

Alas there aren't enough Ret Pieces left to meaningfully contest, i score my flag in their turn to get up 5-2.

My turn the Gorax kills the last three Sentinels in the right zone, Targ runs to the Ret flag and I win on scenario 8-2, this time intentionally.

Weirdness. Sentinels were surprisingly garbage, 5's to hit is hard.
Still liking my Arkadius list, no desire to change it.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Jul 26 2018, 01:10 PM
Post #593

Alright, we might have flubbed up in Masters, good thing we have the true test of skill in Who's the Boss.

Planning is for suckers, so I made my list out of the masters lists from the day before.
Took Dahlia, Ninja Pig and other stuff that isn't as good. Specifcally a Wrastler and two Bone Swarms, then a Witch Doc, Spirit Cauldron, Pair of Gobber Chefs, Bellows Crews....Orin? That sounds about right. Point being that the two Lessers are the real Warlocks, they just get a buddy to come along and potentialy screw it up by dying. Speaking of which...

Round 1 - Reznik1 (Now glorious Warlock) vs Kryssa1 (As we knew all long, now openly a Troll)
Opposing list was Troll beasts with double Bear units and a Krielstone.
Scenario for the whole tourney was Recon2, so my grab bag of random solos was looking like a good choice.

Reznik......puts Ignite on Ninja Pig as his play I guess?

A done and dusted here. My stuff moves up, the Swarms and Reznik put up the Swarm Animus. Reznik camps two Fury.
Kryssa on top of 2 tires of any jostling around and decides to go for it. The Bomber moves up and does some bad shooting. Kryssa then feats, does ehr movement spell and comes a charging into Reznik. Then discovers that Reznik isn't camping Focus as the damage gets Transferred, leaving good 'ol Rezzo on half a dozen boxes. Concedes before Reznik feats and Ninja Pig gets the kill.

Round 2 - Xekaar1 (.....bugger....) vs Doomshaper3 (Now a foul Rhulic jack spam monster)

This fine fellow traded his list with my Round 1 Kryss-inorian, ergo neither were 100% on how their lists did stuff. That said he gets to pilot triple Drillers and a mix of Bunnies with Aiyanna/Holt, so can't be to hard.

It's not as bad as I thought it would be. Xekaar at least has Enrage, and Mortality lets me kill a pair of Bunnies on Doomies feat. I stupidly let the Wrastler get shot to death, while the Swamp Gobbers give up their lives to join their cloud with a central fog bank.

I eventually claim the left of the board, though Brine has to give his life to basically kill Driller and touch up another.

The Witch Doc contests the right zone and somehow survives behing hit by a Blast, pair of Gunners and Holt. Doomshaper ends up coming forward to Stranglehold him to death, I was likely to win on scenario/clock anyway however that move makes it an easy Mortality and murder move. In honour of his own superlative Bunny shot ignoring the kill is given to the Spirit Cauldron.

Round 3 - Sturgis1 (Nnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooo!) vs Naaresh1 (Joining the boys in blue)

Final round before ranking get broken down to strength of schedule.
Naaresh has Lamentation. Sturgis has multiple upkeeps and a charge in/teleport back powers. This seems absolutely awful.

Naaresh has Thorn, 'Ol Rowdy, Junior with a Firefly, Laddermore, Storm Lances, Squire

There's some initial jostly for positioning. Sturgis pops a Storm Lance with a Hand Cannon.

There's a central Wall that Rowdy and the Storm Lances shelter after they charge up and kill a Bone Swarm. Skarath moves up on the left, only to be murdered by Thorn with Naaresh's feat on him. +5 armour Thorn seems awful.

I feat to bunch things up and give me some breathing room, Sturgis actually pops two Storm Lances this turn, one feat damage and one hand cannon.
Rorsh gets smoked up to threathen the objective, this draws out Rowdy's Coutner Charge which misses. I'd planned for Ninja Pig to throw him, turns out Rowdy is Strength 16 at this point so we drop that plan. Fully buffed Wrastler and Brines attacks take out two thirds of his health and none of his systems. Oh dear.

Dahlia running up actually causes some strife, as Naaresh fails to magic missile her down and Thorn has to do it. Rowdy and remaining Storm Lances kill Brine. I'm then well positioned however to coutner kill them with the Wrastler and attrition swings my way. I again end up controlling the right zone and eek ahead on control points. Matchup wasn't as abd as I thought, though Sturgis was mainly just there to cast Rage on beasts.

Notable degeneracy on the day:
* Haley3 having a Def 16 Poltergeisting Helios. Best defence collosal seems pretty good, especially into a rebuilt Primal Terror style list that forget to put its Naga on the table
* Stryker1 with a Devestator. Arm 26 all game, bar that one turn it was at 31. Handled by playing against Abby1 making ti not get focus and blinding it every turn with Gorman.

I had 13 control points, which dumped me down to 3rd. 2nd place was the Primal Terror nonsense somehow getting through the Haley3 Retribution game, first place was double TEP and a Prime Axiom (My dream of said list getting Wurmwood for a Mat/Rat 0 Collosal did not come about alas).
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Aug 2 2018, 10:28 AM
Post #594

Game 340 - Rask1(WWfF) vs Terminus1(DH)
Mirage

Modded the Rask list from Wintercon to have even more Boneswarms, plus a second Spirit Cauldron.
Dropped the Swamp Horror Mist Speaker and the Efaarit scout.

Basically immediate regret on the Mist Speaker as I play into a Wraith Engine. That said this isn't meant to be a Cryx drop, so just have to stay the course.

Also trying out River Raiders, trying to get active use out of the Swamp Gobber Fury stripping thing. Also want the solo stacking for the scenario we happen to be playing, the flags galore that is Mirage.

Terminus has the Wraith Engine, double Bane Warriors, a unit of Knights, various solos, double Arcnode and Barathrum (Dammit Banky!).

I've got RFP at least. Wraith Engine is pretty safe, Dahlia's Haunting Melody does nought. Thyankfully Cryx also have feew ranged attack options, so my bit pieces probably get to chill around for the most part.

I lose the die roll, take the side with a Trench basically so Cryx don't get it.

I also don't own enough Bone Swarms for the awesomeness that is my list, so one is a paper cutout on a yellow base and the 5th is a Gorax.

IPB Image
Round 1: Barathrum comes out front, he's Preyed by the Totem Hunter because I'm optimistic.
Cryx just runs, which Terminus putting Malediction. The Bronze circles are the Dark Host granted Clouds.

Rask feats turn 1, which never feels greeat tempo wise. Cryx will just run up next turn, so holding it won't achieve anything.
It all moves up, one Boneswarm gets Admonition so it moves up in walk range of Barathrum for aunting purposes. Fury goes on the Totem Hunter as a reasonable default.
The Machine Wraith wasn't ideally placed, so Alten Ashley gets magic weapons off the objective, moves up to pop it then repo back.
A River Raider flanks hard on either side, I'm expecting the main grinding will happen centrally so I can aim to late score those side flags as I've got the solo count lead again.
Skarath takes the right side, where he has Counterblast up. Here's hoping Defence 14 stops the Banes crushing him to easily.

IPB Image
Cryx 2: A few banes run up and jam around. Barathrum almost goes for the Admonitioned Bone Swarm, then clicks what the token is about and doesn't do it. Sadness. Terminus and Wraith Engine hang reasonably back at this point. Cryx are careful not to trigger Skarath's Counter Blast, which wasn't my plan at all. Darrel Wraithe is also back with his yodelling of strength sapping, so that's not cool. Not cool at all. It's basically 50+ year old public servants writing anti speeding sign messages in text speech because they can't communicate properly with the younger generations.

IPB Image
Minion 2: Guess we'll just chip away at Banes and see how it goes.
The Cauldrons and Eilish throw Puppet Strings out on Bone Swarms.

Alten wasts his shot doing sod all to the left Arc Node.

Bone Swarms move up and around, they kill a variety of Banes, RFPing on the right while just eating on the left to feed the Pot. Didn't want to feed the Bane UA mini-feat, when I remembered it a bit to late.

One Boneswarm also gets the true suicide mission, going into the Cryx zone and eating a few Knights to free up a strike on Barathrum.

Brine gets Boundless Charge and Rage. I stupidly don't give him Fury. He goes into Barathrum,takes most of his armour and Movement, then gets Souied back. It's not enough to keep him save, at elast puts his killer in retaliation range.

Swamp Gobbers cloud up, mostly to keep the Wrastler, Rask and Totem Hunter alive.

Right side, Veil of Mists sticks around because we're all about central table clouds at the moment.
Skarath moves up, sprays the right side banes. Primary intent is to kill the Bane Warrior UA, completely flubbs the damage roll and does nought. Awkward. Counterblast goes up.

I score my zone and the right flag, go up 2-0.

IPB Image
Cryx 3: Terminus either has stalker-ish attachment to Bacon or Barathrum, as he feats and gets up in my face, charging Ninja Pig. His Assault spray kills a River Raider, he then goes down to one focus to kill Brine a nearby Bone Swarm.

Banes surge forward, they don't acheive as much I expected.
The Bone Swarm in the Cryx zone is horribly crushed. Left most takes a bunch od damage, lives with no mind. A Bane actually gets to the Totem Hunter and somehow only does a few points of damage.
Right side Banes also crush a Bone Swarm, Skarath does a Counterblast spray that kills a Bane. A bit sad really. Luckily Skarath gets away with minor damage.

IPB Image
Minion 3: Terminus is up in my grill, with about 5 Souls under Darragh's strength debuff and the Wraith Engines aura thingy.

Have to go for it, if he was up back I'd pursue attrition whilst still lacking a good response for the Wraith Engine, but he's there I guess.

Totem hunter, Alten, a Gobber Chef and Rorsh clear out Banes blocking the plan.
The Spirit Cauldrons shuffle around, they drag Terminus 7 inches forward.
Rask pops a shot, this gets Sac Pawned. More a giggles activation for that one.
Eilish Puppetstrings the central surviving Boneswarm, who slams Terminus. A freestrike takes out his Spirit, I burn a corpse to repair it. It takes the re-roll, however the Slam is a success.

The Wrastler is Furyed, Raged and Boundless Charged. Goes into Terminus. I screw up my position and the Wrastler is in Darragh's aura, so that was not a good use of effort for those drags. Enabled the Slam though.
Wrastler spikes the charge hard, burns the Focus points. Takes a bought attack to mimic angry red head in form #3 (Only 17 more Strykers to go before his death).

Well, that was a thing. Doesn't feel like a strong matchup. Double Cauldrons is amazing.
Boneswarms are surprisingly hard to find in both stores and the outside, where I forgot I varnished and left it for three days. It returned a hardier being for the trevails I put it through, so Eagle Fathering must work.
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post Aug 3 2018, 10:52 AM
Post #595

TXT N DRIVE. U B NXT.

I had a guess what Eagle Fathering was but in googling it I discovered so much more.

See: Decorah Dad.

Spectral Lash on boostable magic 7 units is pretty crazy as a threat extender. Especially in Minions...

Oh, and was your opponent Swole Marty?

This post has been edited by Master Chris: Aug 3 2018, 10:52 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Aug 3 2018, 12:09 PM
Post #596

QUOTE(Master Chris @ Aug 3 2018, 10:52 AM) *

Oh, and was your opponent Swole Marty?

Swole is shirt wearing dependent at the moment. I didn't think he had 16kg to lose
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Aug 6 2018, 10:36 AM
Post #597

Game 341 - Ossrum1 (Irregulars) vs Kreoss2 (EI)
Epic Pit

Alright, it's time for meme machine!

There's a Masters in the city of Churches, Strippers and cloth with varying degrees of dirt, I'm indulging in some self flagellation and playing hot internet fuelled garbage.

The first one is an Ossrum list I made using this:
IPB Image
Plus the four first solos that came to mind (Eiryss1, Hutchuck, Kell, Eilish). It went up for review on the FB group and was insufficiently lambasted, so...here we go?

Ossrum with an Avalancher, 2x Rockram, a Driller, 3x Blasters, 2x Gunner. Bunch of Solos.
Avalancher is overpriced especially for Rhulic, I'm dubious on Rockrams. No units is whaaaaaaaat.

Opening outing is Kreoss2 with piles of Paladins, some Bastions, Fire of Salvation, an Indictor, the Church thingy.

Terrain was dictated by me pointing at a spot on the table and randomising out of a terrain line up. Ended up working alright, which is good because I lost the die roll and end up picking sides.
We both get a small forest poking in the centre circle zone, that's not being scored until late game anyway.

Left side I get a wall, Menoth get a building that looks to impede their advance to that zone/their objectivbe. That piece was the primary reason for selecting my side.

Right side I get a defensive trench and fog bank, not massively useful given Menoth's guns are basically just the Church. The stupidly high, going to be knocked over every game church.
There's a wall occupying the border of the centre circle/right zone, that's in play regardless of what I do. Lastly Menoth has a blob of inconvenient water on this side, so happy days.

IPB Image
Round 1:So, obviously, that is the best Siege Crawler placement ever and I deserve a medal.

...Ok, fine, it's the rep model for the sodding Church building thingy.
I basically don't track Menoth developments at all beyond my growing disbelief that Harby needed to go to command 12, so this will be an....experience.....
Kreoss' feat is still the same as Mark2, so I've got that one down. I know the key there is timing my feat, then it's struggle town for Menoth to choose if they want to hold their counter feat back or not. If Menoth feats in a worthwhile manner first, then I dun goofed and deserve whatever happens.

My rough and ready understanding is that I'm facing a load of bubbles, like an idiot that tried the Tide Pod thing. There's one that gives out Tough, another does Steady, something is giving that annoying move through your garbage thing that Ossrum also has so my moral high ground is somewhere in the Mariana trench, the Churchy thing nabs Souls. I'm assuming the Knights still get angry when hurt, Bastions have that Sanguine Bond nonsense.

The Menites run forward, the Church being on the right is also awkward to mvoe around, so that's nice. Indictor on the left, Knights central, Bastions on the right then some more Knights even....rightier? There's the normal Republicans all middle like, then the Alex Jone crowd way out their.

I'd planned to put Fire for Effect and Snipe out, however the Bastions had eked far enough forward that the Gunners could get free shots with an Energiser, so I opted to just Snipe Eiryss. Fire for Effect would have just gone on a Rockram for the Assault shot later down the track, so not super phased about that one. Why I didn't put up Bullet Dodger for giggles...uh...planning? I knew Kreoss' feat would counter it?
Yeah, I'm not buying that line either.

All my heavies group up centrally, primary plan is to shut down access to my left zone. I've underthought contesting on the right at this point, really I'm just hoping Hutchuck is good enough.

Eiryss hides behind the left wall, Disrupts the Indictor. One Basher moves up to be in charge range of two Knights, the intent is to draw in charges forward instead of that unit flooding my left zone.

The Gunners hang out on the right, they plink the Bastions, roll enough that each one takes some damage. Sanguine Bond is really just the rule of
IPB Image
or at least, I hope it is.

IPB Image
Menoth 2: The Church straight up shoots one of the Gunners off the board. Well then. That wasn't a strong duel to have hopes on. One day I'm going to look up how many boxes that thing has and be annoyed (Come on! Just kill the dude poking his noggin through the window you can throw belief bullets at me!).

Alright, there *may* have been a multi-day break here in the writing. This was definitely a game where stuff happened, or so the voices sreech and wail.

Menoth stuff pushes forward, they don't flood out into the left zone so much as bunch up in a blob of Knights, so that was good. Less good was the pair of charging fellas taking out half the Basha, managing to pop his head. Whoopsie daisy dukelese.

Bastions run up in the Circle Zone to the right of my wee forest, engaging the surviving Gunner. They have Inviolable Resolve, so that's annoying.

The third Knight unit floods out the right zone.

IPB Image
Mercenary 2: Scoring turns on, the lines are about to make a horrid crunchy noise so it'll be feat turn. Handidly the Menite Jacks have stayed in the central zone, so I don't need to care about contesting the right area yet.

Ossrum feats and chills up back.
Leftwise things go pretty well. Spray Bunnies massacre Exemplars, Eiryss Disrupt the Indictor again, the Driller pops the objective. Rockram gets into the Indictor, bashes it somewhat, takes out some systems I think?

Bottom of central zone things are less good. Sanguine Bonded blocking models turn out to be a pain in the amoeba's. Yes, all of them. Basher, Avalancher, Rockram basically expend their actions to pop the forward Bastions. I also stupidly move up Eilish up for an attack and he dies to a Defensive strike.

The Gunner falls back, as I'll need something to contest the right zone at some point.
Kell ends up suicidally aiming to pop damage on the Bastions.

Hutchuck wastes his time, drifting a Rust onto the church and charging for some damage. Just not really a worthwhile pursuit given I can't get enough attacks on the Church to ensure its demise at a worthwhile point in the game.

I score the left zone and popped the objective like an eager zit, so 2-0.

IPB Image
Menoth 3: The key decision point of the game as far as I was concerned, Kreoss pops his feat while Ossrum's is up.

Left wise, Indictor and Gravus kill the Basher. The nearby Knights charge into the Rockram, leave him on a single Cortex box.

Rightish side the Knights charge in and kill the other Basher (Curse you mini-feat!) and the Objective.

Bastions/Fire of Salvation go into the Rockram, leave it on one box of punchy arm. One Bastion also goes over to turn Kell into a distinct shade of mahogany. With bloody smear undertones.
Fire of Salvation originally wanted to slam the Rockram out of the way for Bastions to charge and easily kill Ossrum, alas the vengeance move messed up the 3 inches needed for the Slam. A throw wasn't thought of in time.

The church pops a shot into Hutchuck, leaves him on two boxes.

Kreoss is behind the wall sadly toeing the right zone, so Menoth now mimic my own scoring pattern like the copyright breaking bullies they are. 2-2.

IPB Image
Mercenary 3: Ossrum survives my poor placement! BACKPEDDLE LADS!

Ossrum Energises away and casts Bulldoze.

In my own zone the Driller kills Gravus and the Indictor, because he ain't no trashy Rockram.
Two of the Spray Bunnies kill of the Hierophant (Who ran in to contest) and the survivors of the Exemplars.

A Spray Bunny, the Gunner, Eiryss all pew pew at the Bastions, they end up with a single survivor. The Spray Bunny also finishes off the Rockram. See, Powerfull Shot sprays are fair and balanced.

Sigh. Oh well. Sure looks like Fire of Salvation is going to come in and pop Ossrum somehow. The Avalancher has a load of focus, he might as well oh nevermind spiked the damage roll on his garbage Shield attack and took out Cortex/Better Punching arm. That's the good stuff, jab that Rhulic cocaine right into his holy robot eyeball.

Hutchuck gives up on his building demolition career to run in and toe the right zone.

I score the left zone, 3-2.

IPB Image
Menoth 4: As a slow, juddering learning computer imitating a Lizard person imitating a human, I've finally adapted and palced a model well. Hutchuck toughs out against the Church, so then has to be nuked by Kreoss. Good times.

The Menites come charging across, throwing basically everything else across on a mission to beat their way through to my zone. Nothing gets there, they punch on the Avalancher and leave it on a handfull of Boxes.

Both sides score their rectangles, 4-3.

IPB Image
Mercenary 4: The spray Bunnies wreck face on the infantry, the Driller kills Fire of Salvation.
Ossrum hides behind the wall, Gunner runs to contest the Menite zone.

There's nothing much Menoth can do at this point to stop the scenario grind out, so he concedes.

I randomed who I played. With the movement of molasses I've just clicked that Ashlynn vs Kreoss2 feat exchange is a nightmare.

Poor use of Kell, he needed to backup and just ping the Bastions. Eiryss nominally should have done the same thing if the Indictor had been in Shield Guard range early on (Whatever Menoth solo has that little bubble).
Avalancher.....got lucky ok. He's still garbage.

This post has been edited by Angry_Norway: Aug 16 2018, 12:33 PM
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Aug 7 2018, 10:05 AM
Post #598

Game 342 - Ossrum1 (Irr) vs Locke1 (DI)
Standoff

I know I should be content with Youtube being a free service. That doesn't stop me hating the ads anyway. I'm not buying your spell/grammar checky thing, no matter how much I probably need it (Shuffles this blog of evidence out of sight, out of mind).

What's this? What's this? There's Ossrum everywhere. What's this? What's this? There's Rhulic BS in the air. Urk, to much effort. Just kidnap Santa/Pagani already and change Durgen up a bit.

It's that caster I think looks a bit ridic (as in -ulous, not Vin Diesels pet project). I'd like Locke's model so much more if she had beefy leg braces for those over arm things.

Today she's coming along in the version where she's palin' around with her grounded mechanic friends rather than her mad alchemist co-workers. Actually, scratch that, Convergence is basically a bunch of whacko's talking to a planet via a tapestry ala whatever that movie was with the curving bullets.

Locke has an Axiom, quad Conservator (Floaty Shield Jack), a Diffuser, stack of support stuff. Mostly pew pew Servitors.

Rolled up Standoff on a table made without using hte hidden warmachine terrain stash at the local stop, so it is actually the most accurate simulation of going somewhere knew to play a tourney I've had in a while.

I win the roll, pick first. I'm lazy and the only real choice in my view is whether or not there's a slightly irritating forest in one side.

I've got no units and Convergence have only have the one mechanic boyos, so here's hoping Ossrum doesn't have to get up in the kill box proper to score (12" and a smidge from the board edge is his home).

I'm still using a Nomad as a proxy for a Rockram, Convergence have Axis/Reflex Servitors standing in for Locke/Elimination biatches.

IPB Image
Round 1: I run up. It's thrilling stuff.

Given that obstruction just to the right of centre, I opt to funnel my battlegroup up to the left. Some melee crit action off the Rockrams would be super nice.
My Heavies group up around Ossrum, Gunners go far left as usually plinking away works better focused on a flank or small area over spreading that stuff out. Lot of Shield Guards to get through here after all.

Kell and Eiryss are trying to super solo the right side. Good luck peeps.

Eiryss gets Snipe, Fire for Effect goes on the Rockram. Note that this is dumb and it should go on the AoE Avalancher basically every game, in particular this one with the load of low armour guys that I could try to drift onto a few of.

CoC runneth over, leaving the Axiom on the flank with the Conservators dividing into pairs to go around that central obstruction. Smattering of Servitors throughout. Diffuser in the centre, Locke just to the right of the Convergence objective.

Everything basically sticks outside of my melee threat ranges that matter, with the exception that the left Basher has range of options to go into.

Sentry is on the Diffuser, Road to War is up, Axiom is Redlined.

IPB Image
Merc 2: Hmm. I uncomfortably elect to hold feat for the turn. Using it and not getting work out of its speed element seems really bad.

This is a stalling turn of putting forward the less valuable pieces and clenching a bit.

Ossrum, Avalancher, Gunners, Eiryss and Kell all lob shots, most go for the Diffuser. Kill a few of the drones and ding a couple Conservators lightly.
The forward Basher charges the Axiom for a pittance of damage, the other steps forward to be in front of the value heavies (Driller and I suppose technically the Rockram). Other Rockram runs to be a backup heavy in the rear.

Gunners also shuffle up a bit in death positions.

IPB Image
CoC 2: She has resourceful, making Syntherion look even more like a garbage Swiss Army Knife.

Diffuser Sentry shot beacons the Basher sitting in the open, waiting for the sweet embrace of death or velvet cakes. Little was he to know that velvet cakes are a scraming abyss of over-ratedness.

Axiom hangs back, still going for safety over giving me sweet kills. What a jerk. He punches up the Basher, however def 10 works surprisingly well.
The Bashers then get polished off by a Conservator each, who use Road to War move for one to cower back and another to get up into my Driller.

Locke pops feat, uses the Arcnode fella with a long descriptor/title/name/nomenclature/purse/Tom to move up and Jackhammer away, going down to two focus and leaving the Driller on one box.

Otherwise Servitors (Think I've been calling them Sentinels of late? Oh well) run around, some do plink shots, others jsut wait to Shield Guard.
Right Conservators swaddle up between the Obstruction and right side forest.

CoC score their defensive zone, 0-1.

IPB Image
Merc 3: Hmph. The Driller being beaten up is a blow given that, emotionally, he's the only Rhulic heavy that provides needed support in times of crisis. Make no mistake, this is a time of Crisis. I'm about to give out a load of focus and pop feat, the whole time the CoC models are going to get their defensive stats bumped up by Lockes feat.

Sod it, lets just kill her.

A bunch of focus goes out, let's have some activations that probably felt more convoluted than they were.

Driller didn't repair enough to get meaningful systems back, gained its Cortex though so headbutts the Conservator in front of it down to prevent freestrikes.

Ossrum pops feats, walks out of Locke's control area, pops Energizer to get things into position. Particularly one of the Gunners. Said Gunner gets Puppet Strings from Eilish, using the 10 inch range to not trigger the enemy feat. I forget to teleport Eilish after that, because I always forget that.

Said Gunner slams the Diffuser, the focus spends giving it two Catalytic tokens to make life harder. Lands it, gets the Slam into Locke.

Two of the Spray Bunnies move up and take out the Shield Guard Servitors around Locke, as does Kell.

Eiryss moves up, knocks her focus off and does a few points.

Avalancher, Rockram and Gunner put her down to 1 box.
Other Rockram can't get a space to shoot it's garbage range 8 gun.

One hope left, the last spray bunny. Moves up and positions weirdly to not engage the CoC Arcnode.
Needs an 11 on the damage roll to kill. Flubbs it. Dang.

This was so all in I didn't contest the CoC zone or clear my own, 0-2.

IPB Image
CoC 3: I luck out as Convergence doesn't see the scenario win (Pop objective and clear out the left zone, run Locke or mechanics to score it. Would also need to kill one or two of said mechanics.).

EDIT: DERP HERP KERZERP I FORGOT EIRYSS1 DISRUPTOR BOLT STOPS FOCUS COMING BACK

They go for the assassination, try as they might though nothing can really get through to Ossrum. There's a fully loaded with 3 Catalytic tokened Conservator slathering at the bit, however the loyal Driller sits in the way, his in combat def 13 with a box of Movement and Cortex is to hard for the Elimination Servitors to take out (Though objective/Rockram placement prevents the Vector getting where it wants to anyway).

Maybe Conservator could run to Ossrum then Jackhammer? It's not great math on that run with the feat armour buff and camping 2 (Plus probably needing to cast Engine of Destruction to ensure hits).

The Driller and a Gun bunny die to various attacks, ultimately Convergence swing in bad ways I don't recall very well. They go up to three points and a bunch of jacks are damaged.

In my next turn Kell walks up and camps Locke in the head. Good work that man.

This post has been edited by Angry_Norway: Aug 16 2018, 12:32 PM
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Aug 16 2018, 12:31 PM
Post #599

Game 343 - Ashlynn1 (LR) vs Mohsar1 (TDH)
Spread The Net

Alright, enough of this relying on leet Ossrum tech, time to drop my...favourite....caster.....in.....oh god Ashlynn why you so bad. Okay, she's fine, it's the other associated problems 9reminds me: Need to delete the drunk cast, it's jsut straight up bad).

List is the Kiwi special in my internet buzzy theme pairing. Has Trencher Infantry and Long Gunners, so it's not pants on head bad. Really I just dislike the battlegroup of 2 Nomads and 2 Vanguards, however changing it would nullify the point of playing it (Which is probably more something along the lines of mental self flagellation).

Going into some super proxied Mohsar Tharn goodness, list is Blood Trackers and double Ravagers, so lighish battlegroup with just a Stalker for a heavy.

Spread the Net, so some standard shenanigans here. Otherwise not really sure how this goes beyond some sweet infantry trading.

IPB Image
Merc 1: Bloodtrackers Prey the central Tencher infantry. Seems fair.

Everything of mine moves up, Long Gunenrs bunker down in my ruins template on the left. Taryn started off in it, so she gets to walk up and shoot down a Gallows Grove (Chip at dem solos! No hot River Raider tech on this table!).

The Trencher Infantry get Quicken, move up, throw out a couple AoE's that hit the far to compact Blood Trackers, killing a pair of Grunts and Nualla. Good stuff. Clouds drop and they repo back courtesy of Gibbs.

Right wise One Vanguard, one Noman and the Thorn move into my defensive rectangle, plan being for them to just hold the zone defensively and push things away as needed.

Ashlynn also has Chosen Groud popped up.

IPB Image
Circle 1: This game now feels like it happened millenia ago. It's like Billy Zane being in movies ('member the 1996 Phantom?).

Circle stuff runs up, one of the Blood Trackers gets some Fate of Sands action and becomes a super forward Mohsar, (Also, proncouning it as "Mohshar" is nonsensical, stop it) who Crevasses to kill both the Trencher Grenadiers. The Blindness advantage is distinctly noticable at time in the game (Losing one sense dramatically improves the other typically. So really its on the Trenchers for smelling so much they can be magically nuked by Kruegers Kakashi). Mohsar then ports back behind the forest, so really Abe is just betraying the sacred covenant established by me murmuring "A quick games a good game" as the tough rolls don't do squat.

The Ravagers hang back, three of the Blood Trackers move just into pew pew range of Taryn. I inwardly chortle at my future Dodge move. Well, I would, except the first shot lands the 9 and kills her. Doh.

IPB Image
Merc 2: So.....feating this turn feels bad. It's really only helping out the Long Gunners on the left and letting the Vanguards position aggresively. So obviously, as a super Wizard at the game, I feat.

Wait....damn. Sillyness. I also constantly forget that Ashlynn's feat is called "Roulette".

Left Long Gunners shuffle around, pop Go to Ground. The front rank fire up on the opposing Ravager unit, who dare to hide behind a wall rather than standing in the open. This emphatically makes me the British and them the Boers.

It goes poorly, even Roulette CRA's missing and a couple tough rolls meaning I only kill two, when I was expecting four. Oh well, prepare to be engaged laddios.

Both Vanguards move out, staying completely within 10 of Ashlynn. Trenchers just cloud up.

Not a massive amount of solos around the joint, so Anastasia ambushes in on the right and kills the other Gallows Grove. Still a Tharn solo nearby, so once I pop him I should be able to score up better,

Or I would, if I wasn't relying Taryn to score my flag, when she is in fact very very dead.

IPB Image
Circle 2: Leftwise, the Than Solo (aka a Galvanizer) Lightnings some of the Long Gunners before the Ravagers run up and engage them.

Trackers chill around the centre zone, Roulette stops them achieving anything.
MohSAR chils up back, puts out a pair of Pillars of Salt in front of the right Vaguard.
The Stalkers runs up behind the Blood Trackers in the cloud, neither side is really clear on what got into the Beastie Boys heads (It's a...sab...o.....TAGE....)

Rightside Ravagers hide Mohsar and kill Anastasia, the solo goes to the flag.

We both score our rectangles, Circle also get their flag. 1-2.

IPB Image
Merc 3: In theory if I deal with the Pillars and a Ravager I could get the right Vanguard onto Mohsar.
The odds of that run are terrible and there's a free Stalker, so lets just attrition away.

The Long Gunners and a pair of the Trencher Infantry go into the left side Ravagers, sadly leaving one alive. Oh well, Sylyss only just began his trek over that way regardless.

Centrally, other Trencher Infantry killed blocking Trackers, letting the Nomad go into the Stalker. Boosting to hit is lame, should have tried to drift a Gorman Black Oil grenade. Stalker lives on about half a dozen boxes.
The Vanguard moves up into the Circle zone, gets to the Stalker rear arc and kills it.

Right side, the Vanguard just sighs at stares at the Pillars in front of it.
The Nomad camps out in my zone, the Thorn Gun mages move up and kill the Tharn Solo on the Circle flag. Only real way to score that now is with Mohsar.

I score my rectangle, 2 all.

IPB Image
Circle 3: Leftwise, the Ravagers go in and overtake through, killing half the Long Gunners. It's their own fault really.

The Doppler Barky Hound thing attacks the Vanguard in the Circle rectangle, bounces off.

Trackers, half the right Ravagers and Mohsar go into the central zone. They kill a bunch of the Trenchers and take out *something* important on the Nomad. I think.

Other half of the Ravagers get up into my rectangle and ding up the right Vanguard.
No scores.

IPB Image
Merc 4: Well, he's right there I spose.

Vanguard and some Trenchers ding up the Doppler hound a bit, Gorman throws a corrosion bomb to clear a path, Ashlynn charges Mohsar and Flashing Blades him to death.

Yeah, happier into Tharn/Mohsar than Bones/Wurmwood. A shocking revelation that will rewrite the Aus meta (Land of Primal Terrors and.....nope, it's just that and Waley).
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post Aug 16 2018, 03:57 PM
Post #600

OH HOW SWEET THIS MOMENT.

ANGRY NORWAY ADMITTING THAT ASHLYNN ISN'T TRASH.

--------------------
+Quote Post

35 Pages V « < 28 29 30 31 32 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2019 - 02:59 AM