Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> North Africa, Clash of Egos - Flames of War 50 point Tournament, V4, mid war, Kayjays
Rod.H
post Oct 7 2017, 11:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,781

https://www.facebook.com/events/465385740528359/

Monty & Patton have the resources and the support of their nations, Rommel is the “Desert Fox” using superior machinery and a battle intuition that exceeds both allied commanders combined. This is not a fight between nations but a battle between some of the most charismatic commanders of World War II.
This will be a small friendly mid-war armour only tournament (leave the Tigers at home guys) of 50 points, 5 of which can be used for Command Card upgrades. There will be three (four of we have 8 or more players) 75-minute rounds with a 10-minute changeover between each round.
Your Forces & Equipment
• Participating Generals can field a force from either the Afrika Korps, Desert Rats or the Fighting Fist books, but they can only contain vehicles (no Tigers).
• All miniatures are to be WYSIWYG and preferably painted (as points will be awarded for a fully painted force).
• All relevant printed material concerning your force as well as your own dice, measuring tools, templates and tokens are to be at the table.
• Two army lists printed out or in legible hand-writing are to be on hand; one for the TO and one for your opponents to peruse.
Scoring & Awards
• The Most Successful Commander – basically the winner of the tournament; scoring will be as per the 1942-43 Flames of War rulebook.
• The Most Charismatic Commander – as voted by his peers and the TO.
• The Best Painted Army – again as voted by his peers and the TO.
• The Most Underrated Commander – awarded by the TO to the general that showed the most promise or the unluckiest.
*COST: $20
*For every piece of FoW (desert) scenery purchased from KayJay’s and brought along for use on the day entry fee will be reduced by $10.

Well for one, I doubt that you could make a valid Tiger welding armoured army with the current Afrika Korps book, as going by the cards I got to one point off fifty points, but no space for the mandatory second tank platoon. Eighty points on the other hand, oooh yeah it's Tiger Time!

I'm planning on attending this event, probably as Germans as I've acquired a bunch of Panzer IIIs & IVs. Yes I do have some Tigers but they may appear at a higher point game.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mick.G
post Oct 20 2017, 12:16 AM
Post #2

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 10,702

I'm going too, also bringing Germans, this will be my first FOW tournament playing for the "bad guys".

--------------------
Wargaming Achievements
MVP (charity award) - MINIMISE 2011. 9th place - War of the Ring CONFLICT 2011. Sportsmanship award: Field of Glory Napoleonics tournament 2015 at League of Ancients. Sportsmanship at Battle for the Westfold - Hobbit 2017

[/u][/b]Armies I'm working on
FOW: Soviet Tankovy Batalon, Polish EW & LW, Rommels Afrika Korps. LOTR: Mordor, Isengard, Moria, Gondor, Rohan, Elves, Dwarves. Napoleonic: Austrian 15mm. Renaissance: Swedish. SAGA: Welsh.
+Quote Post
Rod.H
post Nov 7 2017, 04:43 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,781

Well, I've well & truly secured my "free entry" just now need to finish painting my tanks up for DAK & run a completely untested list. Only got around to priming them today.
+Quote Post
Mick.G
post Nov 11 2017, 08:02 PM
Post #4

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 10,702

Clash of Egos has been run and won; congrats to Django for winning narrowly with a British Crusader/Honey light tank swarm against Chris also running a British Crusader/Honey tank swarm.

Well done Rod for 4th place.

--------------------
Wargaming Achievements
MVP (charity award) - MINIMISE 2011. 9th place - War of the Ring CONFLICT 2011. Sportsmanship award: Field of Glory Napoleonics tournament 2015 at League of Ancients. Sportsmanship at Battle for the Westfold - Hobbit 2017

[/u][/b]Armies I'm working on
FOW: Soviet Tankovy Batalon, Polish EW & LW, Rommels Afrika Korps. LOTR: Mordor, Isengard, Moria, Gondor, Rohan, Elves, Dwarves. Napoleonic: Austrian 15mm. Renaissance: Swedish. SAGA: Welsh.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2017 - 08:16 PM