> Confrontation making a comeback
Mikes
post Feb 10 2017, 03:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 8,105

Linky.

What's known:
- Will be two games - one skirmish, one board game.
- The game will follow on from the timeline from fourth edition.

What's not known:
- Pretty much everything else.

Metal or plastic? Kickstarter? Release timescale? All up in the air.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Chaplain_Fortis
post Feb 10 2017, 03:09 PM
Post #2

Authority Bared

Member No.: 4,901

Which company is it going to bring down this time?

Oh good, it's just a kickstarter mob.

--------------------
Existential memes for nihilistic teens
+Quote Post
D_Arquebus
post Feb 10 2017, 10:48 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 10,027

Always struck.me that the RPG style game play was very popular in its own small niche, but the models were awesome.

Kickstarter to punch out some models from the existing molds would probably trend well.

Game itself will probably remain a niche in an increasingly flooded market place.

--------------------
Ausbowl - The FB home of Oz Blood Bowl
NZ BB Community THe FB home of NZ Blood Bowl
thenaf.net - Home of the NAF (Worldwide Blood Bowl Community)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Maxo_Q
post Feb 11 2017, 03:48 AM
Post #4

Social Vampire
Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran
Member No.: 4,233

Its funny I just sold my wolfen and third edition books.

Honestly this game is like that fabled money-pit in Nova Scotia.
+Quote Post
Mikes
post Feb 11 2017, 03:30 PM
Post #5

Yeah, thanks for putting those up mate, I can't wait to play them biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Mikes
post Feb 20 2017, 05:29 PM
Post #6

Taken wholesale from a Dakka post:

Some infos, gossip and assumptions about Resurrection from the french CORD forum:

• The driving force behind this are Olivier and Loic. See https://www.facebook.com/epictwinminis/posts/ for more infos and videos (all french).
• SD opened on Raiziers the possibility for financial aid. This is not like a kickstarter, more like stocks, as far as I get it, and the minimum is 1.000,-€.

www.sans-detour.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Sans-Detour_ouvre_son_capital.pdf

• Resurrection will be the Skirmisher, but there will also be Boardgames in the world of Confrontation. The boardgame miniatures will be compatible to the skirmisher.
• There will be new exclusive models and revisioned old models (the classic line). For the boardgames, it will most likely be plastic, for the classic line Resin. Nothing set yet about the material for Resurrection, the community will be confronted with it.
• Base-size and -shape won't matter for the game. The first designs of the pre-structured bases will be shown soon.
• The rules will be more contemporary and the stats revised. Therefore, it will be either new versions of old models (see the classic line above) or new profiles.
• The boardgames shall be quick and easy. You play a group of heroes and it will be compatible to Ressurection. They also think about a new Hybrid version.
• All of the design team are old Confrontation fans who really care for the project.
• The are contacting and making contracts with other designers and sculpters. There is no direct contact with Cmon or Rackham, but some (former) members already have been contacted or offered help
• Cyanide sold all the rights, except for Computer games. They support the project.
• There will be close contact with the french and italian CORD, their rulesets are supported by SD and could be used in the future as well.
• The miniature quality won't be like from the Conan Boardgame.
• They aim for the old aesthetics and miniature quality.
• They get all the old concept art and stocks from Rackham
• Nothing about the actual release date. The announcement is 2017, but if it really will be released this year is another question.
+Quote Post
Mikes
post Feb 20 2017, 05:39 PM
Post #7

Also for anyone interested, here's a Google Translated English version of the sales PDF:

Sans-DETOUR wants to raise 550 000 EUROS on the platform RAIZERS financial Sans-detour editions are leaders on the market of the French role-playing game. Creative and innovative, they have advanced the quality requirements and integrated participatory financing into their business model. They thus brought up major projects of role-playing games: the 7th edition of the call of Cthulhu has lifted 400 K€ on Ulule, while the torments, the lands of the dream and Paranoia 5 brought together nearly 500 K€. Some of these hits are ranked in the TOP 10 of European funding. We want to go further in the game universe: wear role-playing to a new level, reach a broader audience, turn towards international via the games with figurines and recruit new skills to lead our projects.

ACCESS of audiences more important everything first, we are launching three projects to expand our local market: • a box of initiation for the call of CTHULHU, the opening of this flagship public license and novice players will be realized in coedition with the Publisher, Bragelonne (Milady, Pyr, etc.) and will be supported by well-known YouTubers shows. • The return of CONFRONTATION™ a great figures of French origin license. A very large active community awaits the return of this historical range, which will extend our local market while joining the international target. We will continue in parallel to publish, with or without crowdfunding, supplements to our ranges, in particular the call of Cthulhu, and launch new projects: Mu year Zero Mutant, mutant Chronicles, deliverance multitude and especially Conan, hero, acclaimed by the public.

INTERNATIONALIZATION internationalization also responds to the need to reach a larger audience in order to continue to develop our business. Two files are launched to achieve this goal: • Confrontation™ - Resurrection is a game of figures of international reputation. Sans-detour signed this license for a global operations in order to achieve a skirmish game and some Board games with figurines in multi language, for the American and European market. • The blades of the Cardinal in English is a project under discussion. This adaptation of the novels of Pierre Pevel published by Bragelonne is already a huge success in France that we wish to bring Atlantic. Sans-detour team moved several times in the United States in order to meet the market actors (distributors, logisticians, etc.) and facilitate its implementation. In addition, we are already working with foreign service providers in Germany, China, India and the USA.

RECRUITER of new talent Sans-detour has long professionalized its activities and provided its teams training essential to the successful completion of its products (project management, management control, etc.). In order to achieve these objectives and follow its strategy, Sans-detour must now develop an additional team specializing in games with figurines (heads of project, sculptors, designers, etc.). This team, composed of top french profile, will be increased by the best independent international to benefit from their experience and offer the finest achievements to a public passionate and many, but very demanding.

Sans-DETOUR opens its CAPITAL to achieve all of these goals and open up the international market, Sans-detour opens its capital to professional or individual investors. This means not a fundraising of 550 K€ on Raizers funding platform. This amount will allow to: • have sufficient financial reserves to conduct all these projects and give them the best chance of success. • Recruit new collaborators around the big Confrontation™ - Resurrection project. Even in the event of successful financing, Sans-detour will continue to implement participatory financing, for some of its projects, with expertise that is now hers.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS ADVENTURE? Raizers team is very demanding about the selection of business records. Sans-detour has passed the various stages of this selection, proof of his good health financial (the company has always been beneficiary) and visibility on its markets. In order to fully inform investors, financial data of Sans-detour are available on the page of presentation of the project. All details about the regulatory aspects of such operations are available on the official website of Raizers. TO subscribe:-Connect to the platform Raizers. -Enter your details (legal obligation of banking regulations). -See the data, watch the video, reinforce your decision and... - indicate the amount of your investment. BY participating in this fundraiser:-you become a shareholder of Sans-detour (you receive dividends and value your titles on the growth of the company). -You also participate in the project on the international market, for the role play and the figurine. In addition, Raizers site very precisely informs you about any tax reductions to which you are entitled with these investments in a company.
+Quote Post
piggles
post Feb 20 2017, 06:03 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,534

I still have a bucket of Rack minis and my C3 book smile.gif. I hope they release in metal, all the kickstarters I have backed have had crappy plastic... too hard or way to soft.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Arch_Magos_Kasen
post Feb 20 2017, 07:07 PM
Post #9

Tomato
Group Icon

Group: WargamerAU Sponsor
Member No.: 6,619

I'll believe it when I see it.

--------------------
Puns about communism aren't funny unless everyone gets them.

Soon there'll be no freedoms left for threatening, then we'll have won the war, take that terrorism! ~ Juice Media
+Quote Post
Mikes
post Mar 28 2017, 08:42 AM
Post #10

Update:

As we announced previously we have been looking into the question of bases for Confrontation resurrection: square, round, textured, smooth, every detail counts!
So, here's a sneak peek at the future bases for the range: round and textured as it's a more practical form that's easier to manipulate and decorate.
Rules wise, rest assured that we'll be making sure that the old square bases are perfectly compatible with the new system. For us a base is simply to ensure that the models stay upright on the table. Nothing more, nothing less so you won't need to revise your old models if you don't want to!

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Mikes
post Jun 7 2017, 08:59 AM
Post #11

From their FB page (translated by Google):

Every week we offer you an interview of one of those who have done Confrontation.
Today we meet Nicolas Raoult, aka Magnus Nico.
1 - Can you introduce yourself?
I have been an author for seventeen years. I worked for Rackham for ten years until it closed, and then I became independent. I worked on video games, serious games, then board games. I saw this activity.
2 - On which project (s) did you collaborate with Rackham?
All, from Confrontation 2. This includes the Confrontation, AT-43, Hybrid and Rush'N Crush editions 2, 3, 3.5 and 4. When Rackham became Rackham Entertainment, we expanded our exploration fields with games for a younger audience. Unfortunately, none of them appeared.
3 - What do you remember, positive and / or negative, of this experience?
On the positive side, the impression of having participated in the discovery and development of the board game with a generation of players. I also met people of trust, talented people. Some are still working in the entertainment industry or in the art world. The links remained strong despite the years.
On the negative side, I saw many of these talented people being harassed and demolished by fire, before being evacuated through the door. This mentality, however, changed when the company became Rackham Entertainment.
4 - Do you have an anecdote of this time for the community of figurines?
The first concepts designed for the Griffon cavalry showed Templars riding over griffin and ostrich hybrids. Chocobos, in short. We were not used to saying anything when the concepts arrived on our desks, but before my wide eyes, my management asked me what was going on. I replied frankly. I should not have.
Well, if, when I see what was finally done, maybe it was worth it.
5 - Do you have an info of the time never revealed, on an unpublished or a project?
We had started working on an additional army for AT-43, the Krygs. They were extraterrestrials, with a mentality comparable to that of the Predators of the Hollywood movies. The management wished to accompany them with light armored vehicles controlled by bimbos.
6 - Do you have any advice on the future range of Confrontation Resurrection?
Beware of the impact of the size of the bases on the characteristics of the fighters. The square infantry bases could accommodate up to four opponents. The creature bases, up to eight. It changes everything.
As for the scale of figures itself, no, I have no advice to give you. You know your audience, some of you are even former players. This game belongs to you now.
7 - What is your vision of an ideal miniature game today?
A game in tune with the intended audience. If I am the target audience, then this is a skirmish game where I can play without complex, glue-free assembly, with plastic figurines, and with a set up less than ten minutes.
8 - What has been your journey since the end of Rackham? Your latest achievements?
I became an independent author. I worked on two serious games for Danone and L'Oréal, and on the video game Confrontation. I wrote universe texts for Alkemy, Drakerys or Eden. I joined Guillotine Games to create Zombicide, then Massive Darkness.
9 - What games do you practice?
I play and test three to eight times a week. These are essentially prototypes, or games of which I am author / co-author, and of which I assure a part of the development. Apart from my professional activities, I sometimes get out of the lesser-known games that I can play alone, very late at night. With family or friends, I take aperitif games. I do not like the fathers playing on one side while the mothers take care of the children on the other. We play together, it's so much cooler.
Thanks see you soon !

+Quote Post
Mikes
post Dec 12 2017, 09:44 AM
Post #12

After a bit of a lull the facebook page has had some actviity int he last few months, including a competition to win some of the original Confrontation studio miniatures, and now an instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/confminiatures/.

I remain cautiously excited.
+Quote Post
mydnight
post Dec 12 2017, 04:13 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 5,268

So basically nothing except indicating they are still alive?
+Quote Post
Mikes
post Dec 13 2017, 08:08 AM
Post #14

The first image:

IPB Image

"Thousands of confrontation concepts to study 📖 so many never seen before..."
+Quote Post
Mikes
post Dec 21 2017, 09:33 AM
Post #15

This popped on their FB page this morning:

IPB Image
+Quote Post
macmusic22
post Dec 23 2017, 07:29 AM
Post #16

Grandmaster Fun
Group Icon

Group: WargamerAU Sponsor
Member No.: 5,924

Just a rulebook you reckon? Or minis too? Confrontation minis had a certain beautiful design aesthetic to them.

--------------------

'I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God unto salvation first to the Jew then the Greek' Romans 1:16

Eternity is forever...your sin demands justice...will you spend forever under the wrath of God or will you seek the forgiveness offered in Jesus Christ.
+Quote Post
Mikes
post Dec 23 2017, 08:10 AM
Post #17

For the 3rd edition KS? I don't know. I'd be surprised if they didn't, considering most people interested presumably already have a copy.

But for the Resurrection game they will. I trawled through a French forum recently of people who spoke directly to San Detour (I posted it on the dakka thread) and they said there will be new links for the new game, and also that all current minis with be compatible. However it looks like there's going to be some jiggery pokery with the factions.
+Quote Post
Staks
post Dec 24 2017, 10:34 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 885

I think this is a very smart move by the SD team.

The legacy kickstarter release appears to be combinjng the 3.5 update into the original c3 rulebook with a rereleae of the same, so that people who like the original game can continue to play with company support and new models.

Then the new resurrection ruleset to follow 12 months later, with some changes to the mechanics, damage resolution etc.

However, with all models getting profiles for both versions of the game they can esentially see what the community demands and wants. If the legacy rules remain more popular, then they can continue to evolve that ruleset shoukd they choose to do so.

--------------------
Want to play Confrontation in Melbourne? Shoot me a PM for the details of our club night.
QUOTE(jarveg @ Oct 30 2010, 08:00 AM) *

Exactly Staks - no-one rates you, but that STILL makes you Australia's #1 Over-rated player. Thats how craptastic your Warhammer skills really are!
+Quote Post
Staks
post Dec 24 2017, 10:37 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 885

personally, I think a rerelease of c3.5 would be massively popular. In many ways the game was advanced for its time, with complex rules not necessary sought after at the time. These days, unique advanced mechanics are far more refreshing than the current simple systemz (IMO).

What the game needed was interesting scenarios. I have no doubt scenarios from other systems if adapted to c3 will be very successful.

--------------------
Want to play Confrontation in Melbourne? Shoot me a PM for the details of our club night.
QUOTE(jarveg @ Oct 30 2010, 08:00 AM) *

Exactly Staks - no-one rates you, but that STILL makes you Australia's #1 Over-rated player. Thats how craptastic your Warhammer skills really are!
+Quote Post
bard
post Dec 25 2017, 07:10 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 99

I have my doubts. It is a very different market from the when it was originally released. Unless you were a fan and still have your figures, I question whether there will be much interest.

I will buy in, but only out of nostalgia. I hope to see some new figures as well.

--------------------
S.P.Q.R.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th April 2020 - 09:12 PM