Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Escalation Style Tournament, Looking for Opinions and Advice
gamoholic
post Dec 12 2016, 11:29 AM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 8,994

Hey everyone, I'm looking at running a tournament for the first time early next year. So i was hoping to get some advice for it. It'll be at my FLGS in Cairns.

The idea I have for the tournament is an escalation style, where the first round is 200pt kill team and each round goes up in points until the final round is 1500pt. I understand that typically tournaments are around the 1850pt mark, but most of the people playing have only just got back into it (we're all coming across from WM/H).

I'd like it to be a learning experience for all involved, especially me as first time T.O.

Rules wise I was thinking:
Round 1:
Standard 200pt Kill Team Mission/Forces

Round 2:
500pt Detachment (must include Kill team)
Basic Kill each other mission

Round 3:
1000pts 1 detachment plus optional 1 detachment/formation
2 objectives (1 per side)

Round 4:
1500pts 1 detachment plus optional 1 detachment or 1-2 formations
5 objectives

I haven't read into the missions yet so they're just a starting point for what i'll be looking for - I'm open to recommendations. I'm also interested to know opinions on the inclusion of formations/additional detachments for this style of tournament. I read the thread on formations so i have some idea on what the majority think about them.

Is there any good Tournament resources available on the web? and is it worth bothering with Community Comp for this?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th February 2017 - 04:40 AM