Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Daemon Prince weapons
mokatron
post Nov 13 2017, 07:17 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 7,094

Gday, just a quick one, whats people thoughts on the Daemon Prince weapon options? Theyre all the same cost, on paper the best looks to be 2x Malefic Talons against all targets, but am I missing something here? Maybe Daemonic Axe is good too?

Cheers

--------------------

CHAOS!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Khysanth
post Nov 13 2017, 07:57 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,728

Depends on the situation, but for value for points, the 2xtalons for 3 extra attacks are very good.

--------------------
Hive Fleet Iceberg modelling diary

QUOTE(waxsir @ Feb 25 2007, 01:01 AM) *
Khysanth (Plays tough armys and has evolved IMHO as a great tryanid player in vic)
Thanks wax
+Quote Post
Waaagh!!!
post Nov 16 2017, 08:54 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,748

Talons are the most popular because they can do everything.

The rend, damage and extra attacks you get from the claws means your Prince can threaten any unit. Need to kill infantry? You'll butcher half a tactical squad in a single turn of combat. Need to kill terminators? Each failed save is a dead termi. It even has a decent chance of crippling a tank in a single round of combat (not kill though).

The only time a talon prince will struggle is against units with more than 2 wounds and a 3+ invul save. Units like thunder cav or Bjorn. Wraithguard can be difficult too.

The sword is good stat wise, but the extra point of damage is countered by the loss of attacks.

The axe is also good, but to make full use of it you'd probably need to run prescience on him to make sure those 2's will always hit. Can you image rolling your attacks and getting 4 2's?

In their defence, the sword and axe would lend themselves to a more vehicle/monster hunter specific daemon prince. The type of daemon where his purpose is to cut down the big stuff, 1 vs 1.

I've been thinking of taking an axe on my Slaanesh Prince with the intoxicating elixir. 5 attacks, Str 9 with -3 rend, 3 damage a hit is tempting. But for competition type play, my talon prince will always be my go-to.

This post has been edited by Waaagh!!!: Nov 16 2017, 08:57 AM
+Quote Post
mokatron
post Nov 16 2017, 01:45 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,094

Awesome thanks so much thats about what I was thinking....

--------------------

CHAOS!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 03:56 AM