> Lapse Gamer, gettin back into it...maybe
tiptopperoo
post Aug 8 2013, 11:33 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: WargamerAU Sponsor
Member No.: 278

Hi guys,

I moved to Geelong about 2.5yrs ago, and have been out of the hobby for sometime now. I do however have a bag load of Grey Knights still in boxes and as I have a bit of time up my sleeve I'm looking to get some up and playing again. How active are you guys on the 40k scene, and how hardcore are you? I'm looking to chuck a bunch of dice, have some cool looking models and maybe even learn to play the game properly (ie no min max powergaming roflstomping). Does this sound like you lot?

Also, where on earth can you buy Games Workshop stuff in G-town? Good Games have basically collapsed, and I know of nowhere else to buy down here (I need paints and brushes and basic hobby stuff!)

Any help most appreciated, I should really come and check out a club night (when is this?)

Cheers,

Dave

--------------------
Contact me for all your miniature transport need.
Email: foamsales@mini-soft.com.au
Homepage: Mini-Soft Transports
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RAR
post Aug 9 2013, 06:16 AM
Post #2

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 1,521

There is normally somewhere between 6 and 12 guys playing 40K on a Monday night. I would normally be happy to give you a game but I'm away for 3-4 weeks.

Mind games in Ryrie st has all the modelling stuff you need.

Guild is Monday nights 6.30 till late.
+Quote Post
tiptopperoo
post Aug 9 2013, 10:40 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Thanks Rar, I'll drop in and say hi!

--------------------
+Quote Post
damnitsham
post Aug 13 2013, 12:06 PM
Post #4

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 2,383

Heya Dave,

There are a large number of us who play 40k on the weekend also (Monday nights can be difficult for commuters like myself) should you be interested. Also helps if you enjoy a beer or six while gaming, as we play at our homes wink.gif

Also worth mentioning- I run the Geelong Heresy 40k tournament every November, so it is a good time to get back into the hobby with some practice games to ready yourself for the event. Don't worry yourself if you are new to the latest edition- this tourney is noob-friendly, and more about the beer'n'pretzels side of wargaming than the serioushammerz.

So yeah- plenty of gaming options for you there if you are keen on 40k in Gtown biggrin.gif

PS: Just noticed you are the Minisoft guy, how awesome! I've got a case full of your foam trays, I'm extremely satisfied smile.gif
+Quote Post
tiptopperoo
post Sep 1 2013, 09:21 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Hey Damnit,

Only just noticed your reply. I'm an ambo so the shifts mean I'm not always available the same day. Some casual games are just what I'm after. I've just ordered a bunch of the new marines, which will be here in a week, so a tourney could be a good kick up the butt to get stuff painted! I'll have a look at the tourney details.

Yeah I'm the Mini-Soft guy. My mate has been running it for the last year or so as I was moving to Geelong and moving houses etc. I'm glad you're happy with your foam!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2019 - 09:59 AM