Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is DBA still popular?, Is everyone playing ADLG now instead?
MarkC
post Jun 7 2018, 08:54 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran
Member No.: 1,849

For a while DBA seemed to be the most popular Ancients ruleset, at least in terms of the number of players at big events like Cancon.

However, based on the discussion What was popular at Cancon 2018 DBA didn't even get a mention this year. Don't know if this is because it wasn't played or just that none of the DBA players read the discussion.

At the (NSW) Central Coast Wargames club Sword and Spear was our most popular ruleset in 2016 but ADLG has been the most popular ruleset in 2017-2018 (though S&S is still being played by some people).

At our last meeting we actually had a couple of people playing DBA3, which I don't recall ever seeing at the club before.

So is DBA still being played? If so are you playing standard DBA with 12 element armies or Big Battle DBA?

Regards

Mark C

--------------------
Currently working on:
(ADLG) 15mm Republican Romans

Would play if I had time:
ADLG 15mm Carthaginians: 200+ pts

Packed away:
(FoW) Australian Rifle Company (EW/MW): 1500 pts / 200+ pts
(FoW) Deutsches Africa Korps (EW/MW): 1500 pts / 200+ pts
(FoW) Canadian Rifle Company (LW): 1750 pts
(WFB) 2600+ pts Dwarfs
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Knackered
post Jun 15 2018, 09:15 AM
Post #2

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 8,338

Hi Mark,

It is still popular for me (my favourite game tongue.gif ). We have some regular 3.0 players in Brisbane that play at the monthly B.I.G meets. I am looking to build on that and get more regular games happening.

Personally, DBA requires far less time and money investment than ADLG and a game can be over in under an hour and then you pick a different army and go again.

Cheers
Tony

+Quote Post
thefloppy1
post Jun 15 2018, 11:05 AM
Post #3

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 2,969

Yep DBA is a good start for ALDG.

DBA is increasing with 3.0. But I so is ALDG, really you can start a ALDG army with two DBA armies, it just takes double the time.

They both have a place and I like the DBA as a good quick game to get done in a hour, great for a single day or night tournament. Easy to get armies ready to go, with all the options.

--------------------
"The dice are killing me!"

Monday Knights

Blog
+Quote Post
lewchips
post Aug 10 2018, 10:14 AM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,598

Hi,

Sorry to chime in so long after the original post. I don't visit WargamerAU all that often and I have a bad tendency to just have a 'man look'...

DBA was played, I just wouldn't be surprised that none of the DBA players read the discussion. Most of the players I personally know here in Australia tend to post on the new Fanaticus Forum or the relevant DBx Facebook pages.

I believe DBA will be on the schedule for Cancon 2019 also at this stage.

In recent years, I've been build most if not all of my DBx armies based around Hordes of the Things and the colonial variant Hordes of the Empire, not that I play all that often. I should really pull my finger out and roll some dice. It has proven popular at our local club in the past.

Cheers,
Barry
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2020 - 08:54 PM