Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Admonitions of a Suss Sufferer: Mark 2, all about Mark 3
Angry_Norway
post Jan 31 2018, 06:49 PM
Post #521

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 10,012

Cancon Who's the Boss time!

I tried the bruised, cut up and mangled version of Rask. I spent every game screwing math up in the expectation of having Boundless Charge.

IPB Image
Game 1 - I draw Orion and go into Haley1 piloting some Cryx. I get up pretty well, courtesy of Vault taking out Banes and using them to whack the Wraith Engine under Spell Piercer. It all comes undone when I spend all of Orion's focus and only partially block him, thinking Convergence caster stats would seem me through. Turns out Sun Dial head forms a super easy target and he implodes like a tomato skin filled Gelatin and lust for power. Doh.

IPB Image
Game 2 - It's my excellent opponent from the last Team game!
I draw Bethayne and Belphagor. I got her last year, at least this time I have warrior models to get the benefit from her feat (Then again I was just playing with Gun Bunnies and Reinholdt, so that's on me).
It's into Doomy2 with Skorne!
Turns out I know Skorne well, but know basically nothing about Troll casters.
He puts Fury on my beasts on the top of 2, plus using overtake and feat to get the Aradus into the Vault to kill it. Bugger.
After that it's desperately clawing upward, of particular note is the Trawler ambushes in and kills the Swordsman UA before Power Swell gets popped, which later on allows the Wrastler to survive their charges.
It's a cagey game, the left zone is a pantomine story of the Gator Witch Doctor chasing around after a Gremlin Swarm having left it on one box. Bethayne's arm debuff is a saving grace, letting me kill beasts in the middle.
That opening ground is hard to drag back to even field and Skorne starts scoring. It ends up being Bethayne with a critical venom spray to stop the winning scoring and allow the Wrastler to contest the right, afterwhich with under a minute left the only opposing option is to charge the Wrastler with Doomie. He snake eyes his charge attack and that's basically that.

IPB Image
Game 3 - I get Garryth and play into Jarl with Menites, of note it's a Revelator with Daughter Cav.

Jarl feats super earlier than necessary, Mirage lets a Boneswarm go in and leave the Dervish on sweet ###### all boxes.
I feat to force Jarl back and get the Wrastler in place to threaten the Revelator.

There's a little back and forth, ultimately I max out my beasts to kill everything bar Jarl, the Idrian leader and the out of command scout.
Garryth is hiding behind a pile of Shamblers, which doesn't matter at all when he's next to the Vault.
Three Magic Bullets happen and leave him on two boxes. As........I thought.....would....happen.....yeah.......baby.......
Shambler then muches on Jarl. Nom nom nom nom nom nom.

Who's the Boss is hilarious. A pile of nonsense, but fun nonsense.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Jan 31 2018, 08:01 PM
Post #522

Game 287/88 - Jaga Jaga1/Maelok1 vs Kaya3 - Short Forms
Outlast

A couple mini-ports as these were just settling in games.
I basically couldn't sleep very well the night before and hadn't been happy with my Champions lists (Part of why I was disinclined to deal with the format at Cancon) so I dreamed up some other things, knocked the cards together last minute.
IPB Image

IPB Image
Jaga vs Kaya3 - Jaga has a Dracodile, Spitter, Boneswarm, Dahlia, Ninja Pig, host of solos.Will Work for Food obviously.
Kaya is a pair of stalkers, a pureblood, some stones. Loads of Griffons.

I get first turn.
A Dracodile running up to 14 inches feels pretty damn glorious.
My #### gets up the board.

Circle move around, popping animi like they are ecies that somehow came with a use by date.
Kaya opts for a bold placement, using the flags and an obstruction to avoid Princess Salty getting into melee.

Alas for Circle, Ninja Pig threatens in a non-Linear way. The Saltess gets prodded with memories of being stood up at prom and spews forth, blinding Kaya. A Turtle shot, Ancillary spray and a couple Brine attacks get it done.

Poor River Raiders, didn't even the chance to do some work. List changed almost immediately after, losing a Boneswarm for a Bullsnapper so I could have the Swamp Gobbers, not having a unit to score sucked Hemipenes hypothetically.

...look, I need models to get up the board and be feated on ok? Yes, I'll try them again. No, I sodding doubt they'll make it much further in the list testing process.

IPB Image
Maelok Posse Spam vs Kaya3 - I try the Gator mob of four max units.
This game goes a fairways longer, Circle go first and get up the board.
I opt not to feat so I can be Incoporeal later.
Kaya feats, some Gators get Mauled. Nearly every beast runs super hot on Fury.
I try to get Squirrelly, popping Incooporeal and running Gators so that the Circle Beasts will frenzy on each other. I also have a unit surround Kaya.
The frenzies happen, alas a Stalker marches back and frees up Kaya.

From their I quickly get a clock win, we play on for a while anyway.

It pans out that Maelok has to hide like a hibernating Ostrich Egg, while Posse are in the right range for Stalkers to come in, pop a few and piss off.

My only recourse in running Gators after them and struggling on scenario, eventually getting to a point where Gator losses versus Revive are unsustainable. One of the last Griffons Dodging and preventing the Wrastler clearing the left zone is enough for me to call it quits.

After the instant soul binding I felt with the Jaga list and the interesting plays it could probably do, the Maelok list is an outright boring disappointment. Feels like a lamer version of Madrak1 with Champs. I don't see a way to make a Maelok list without snipping his Spell card in half effectively, which is mighty meh. I'll just work out Barny lists anyway for champs and not get to concerned about old Leather and Bones, he can just be all

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Feb 2 2018, 06:38 PM
Post #523

Game 289 - Jaga Jaga1 (WWfF) vs Madrak1 (SotN)
Breakdown

Dollies, Thursday, yada yada yada blue cows descend from the moon.

I'd not yet put Barney in the case and Maelok is a snooze button for me in his current list iteration, so Jaga was always going to be thrown down. The Madrak match seems reliant heavily on the Dracodile spray controlling the Champs, or so my 10 second theory went.

Minion Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] Will Work for Food
(Jaga-Jaga 1) Jaga-Jaga, the Death Charmer [+27]
- Bull Snapper [5]
- Dracodile [36]
- Ironback Spitter [14]
- Targ [0(4)]
Bone Shrine [2]
Dahlia Hallyr [17]
Gremlin Swarm [3]
Gremlin Swarm [3]
Hutchuck, Ogrun Bounty Hunter [0(6)]
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress [0(4)]
Rorsh [15]
Swamp Gobber Chef [1]
Swamp Gobber River Raider [4]
Swamp Gobbers Bellows Crew [2]

Getting chilly and down with it like gramps with the kids playing in a sandpit with a landmine:

Trollbloods Army - 74 / 75 points
[Theme] Storm of the North
(Madrak 1) Madrak Ironhide, Thornwood Chieftain [+29]
- Dire Troll Brawler [16]
- Dire Troll Mauler [15]
- Trollkin Runebearer [0(5)]
Fell Caller Hero [0(5)]
Kriel Warriors (max) [11]
Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes (max) [9]
- Northkin Elder [3]
Northkin Bear Handle & Battle Bears [10]
Northkin Bear Handle & Battle Bears [10]
Trollkin Champions (min) [10]
- Skaldi Bonehammer [0(5)]
- Trollkin Sorcerer (1) [3]
Trollkin Champions (max) [16]

I win the roll and pick first out of a combination of decision making laziness and giddyness at getting the Dracodile sprinting up like a mad git.

I get a trench, a cloud and an obstruction, though none are ideally placed for Jaga to cower behind.
there's a forest occupying the centre of the left zone, trolls get their own forest, a trench and a wall on the right.

Because I'm a scrub, some proxies:
-Bone Swarm with a Proxy hat is the Shrine
-Pair of....whelps? Small green guys were borrowed from my excellent partner in dollies for the Swamp Gobbers
-Trolls had a figure for the Shaman attachment on the larger Champ unit, damned if I can remember what the actual model was, so character solo (Trolls, they all look alike to me. I can only assume all Gators look the same to them)

IPB Image
Round 1: Battlehost goes up, Dracodile gets Gravewind.

Dahlia and Snake take the left zone, I opt to not cast haunting Melody to get her up the board nice and quick.
Dracodile toes the centre zone, Targ hides behind him. Spitter goes up next to them.
Ninja Pig move up on the right.

The Bone Shrine is deployed super far back because Jaga doesn't exactly charge up the field and I doubt arcing Deadweight is going to be a high priority play.

Trolls send a line of Kriels as a front line, then it's just a blob of blue mans. Mauler is on the left of the brick, Brawler on the right.
Most Troll models are set to scoot to the right of the forest, aside from the min unit of Champs.
Even Ground is on, it's sufficiently good that the effect for the models inside it is probably all:
IPB Image

IPB Image
Minion 2: Thought I'd doubled up photos for a moment, I moved my stuff so little.

Jaga hangs back, casts Signs and Portents. Super hard working caster over here.

Left wise, Dahlia pops Haunting Melody. She stays way left to discourage ambush from the Bears, the Snake wiggles around aggresively and moves a solid inch to spray the three left Kriel Warriors, boosting a couple of them and popping Counterblast to force decisions. Two of the Kriels die.
Dracodile pops its animus and ensures it's at a safe distance from anything to nasty, sprays down a couple more Kriels.

Spitter aims, boosts, I end up killing five of the Kriels and leaving three corroded.

Ninja Pigs hang around on the left. I do a hard math fail and suddenly think Brine can be beared and run Swamp Gobbers to stand in front of him.

River Raiders run and spread throughout, waiting for the chance at......let's be nice to them and call it glory.

IPB Image
Trolls 2: Bears stay chilling out in waiting to ambush land. I suspect they have a villa.

Min Champs run into the left zone, Kriel Warriors run up to jam. Spitter punches one down with Counterblast.
Brawler runs up the right to be behind the house.
Remaining Trolls plod forward as a brick.

No one manages to score.

IPB Image
Minion 3: That Swamp Gobber screw up burns a little, the left zone is the one I'll clearly be able to make a fight for at this stage however I lack a means of scoring it. Sod.
It's time for #RiverRaiderMomentOfGlory

IPB Image

Two of the Raiders, one within 5" of the stone, the other within 5" of the Max Champs Units Shaman, as that makes Madrak the only piece able to get rid of Gremlin Swarms.

Jaga moves to the left in order to get into the left zone next round.
She casts Signs and Portents, feeats on the Stone and Shaman, the rolls are good and both fail their tough rolls. Feat RFP's, feeling pretty good about the list design at that moment.

Left zone, Dahlia moves up to get her control area over the min Champs, so the Snake goes in without issues on the to hit. Each Champ then fails his tough roll, so Skarath even has enough fury to cast Counterblast without issue.
Dracodile shuffles to the left a bit, drops Floodwaters, spray kills a Champ off the back of Signs and Portents and double boosts to do about 10 points to the Mauler, taking out its Mind.
Targ Ancillaries him to do another spray for a few more points.

Centrally, the Spitter walks behind the cloud and eats two of the Kriel Warriors, pops animus.
Bull Snapper puts itself in the way of Jaga, puts up Spiny Growth.

Brine finishes off the Kriels and frees up Rorsh to walk backward and pop Souie! to move big pig to safety.
Gremlin Swarms toe both circle zone, the right one also hides behind the house. A River Raider also runs up on the right to draw Troll models away.

Still no scores, in for the long haul.

IPB Image
Trolls 3: The Bears want nothing to do with Dahlia and ambush in from the right.
The normal Troll force does a hard jink to the right where they kill a brave River Raider, the Brawler runs up to engage things.
Madrak feats, moves up and uses Jackhammer to make the Brawler kill Brine.
Bears rush forward and engage things. By things I mean Rorsh.
Fellcaller runs up the left read to contest the left zone.
I win on clock this turn, we play it out a little longer until I have to head off.

I clear out the middle, it basically would likely be a 7 round game where I come out ahead on points as I can take the left and contest the centre better.

Ayep, Floodwaters is pretty good.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Feb 3 2018, 09:01 PM
Post #524

Game 290 - Barnabas1 (WWfF) vs Kaya3 (CotW)
Standoff

I've got Jaga and Barny, I opt or Barny to give his list a try. I suspect it mimics far to much of the Jaga list, prior to this game I was weighing up trying out some Sacral Vaultage with him.

(Barnabas 1) Bloody Barnabas [+28]
- Dracodile [36]
- Ironback Spitter [14]
- Ironback Spitter [14]
- Targ [4]
Bog Trog Mist Speaker [4]
Dahlia Hallyr [17]
Efaarit Scouts [0(6)]
Efaarit Scouts [0(6)]
Gremlin Swarm [3]
Gremlin Swarm [3]
Kwaak Slickspine & Gub, Croak Sorcerers [4]
Totem Hunter [0(6)]

Breaking up the drum circle of:

Circle Army - 74 / 75 points
[Theme] Call of the Wild
(Kaya 3) Kaya the Wildheart [+27]
- Gorax Rager [7]
- Pureblood Warpwolf [17]
- Scarsfell Griffon [8]
- Scarsfell Griffon [8]
- Scarsfell Griffon [8]
- Scarsfell Griffon [8]
- Warpwolf Stalker [19]
- Warpwolf Stalker [19]
- Wild Argus [7]
Blackclad Wayfarer [0(4)]
Shifting Stones [0(3)]
Shifting Stones [0(3)]

I lose the die (Damnable +1 bonus for circle!) and get table tides, I take the one less defensively suited against MA GUNS.

I've got a defensive hill.
Left zone has a cloud, centre has some water and another hill, right zone has a long zig zag trench.
Circle gets a forest on their far left and a cloud on my right.

And before someone points it out....
IPB Image

IPB Image
Circle 1: Left Assimilator is proxying as the second Stalker. A living gear if you will.
Vague symmetry in Circle advance, Pureblood in the centre, line of Griffons, Stalker and Stones either side.

IPB Image
Minion 1: Not an ideal list for the Totem Hunter to pick Prey, loads of individual models that don't mind running across the board. I select the left Stalker, cause I hate those things and it's positioning on the board is not as trivial.

Efaarits move up either flank, the left gets a shot on that sides Blackclad but fails to kill.
Barny climbs onto the defensive hill, his battlegroup adopts a slight lean to the left and essentially preps to hold my rectangle zone.
Dahlia heads off to the right zone.
Support solos spread out in the backfield, I don't want to set up good sprays for the Pureblood to consider worth going for.

Turtles are Enlivened and have Counterblast.

IPB Image
Circle 2: Circle mostly jostles around, the left Blackclad sporting a nice injury moves up and has a go on the Totem Hunter, does a couple boxes. His brother on the right flank is far more cautious and hides behind the Circle cloud.

The Pureblood is temptingly close in the centre, I decide to try murdering him to free up the Gremlin Swarms to be a true nuisance.
Both Turtles get Enlivened and Guidance from the Mist Speakers.

IPB Image
Minion 2: Onto Winions, the Dracodile wanders around a little bit, Sprays the Pureblood. I roll immensely well on damage spikes for the turn, this initial effort plus a Targ Ancillary and one Turtle is enough to kill the Pureblood. The other Turtle and Dahlia pop the Wild Argus.

A Gremlin Swarms toes the left and takes the space the Stalker would need to charge the left Turtle.

Totem Hunter moves up, kills the left Blackclad and Sprints to the left. The Efaarit on this side cracks the stone unit and repo's out of frame.

Right side Dahlia contests the edge of the zone, the Gremlin Swarm runs into the centre in the trench.

Both sides score both defensive rectangles, 1-1.

IPB Image
Circle 3: Kaya shuffles to the right and stays back, pops Synergy and feat.

On the left the Stalker gambles, leaving Kaya's control to stab at the Totem Hunter. Sadly he lands the 8 to hit, kills and using his Animi (popped prior to moving) to shuffle back into the left zone.

In my Rectangle two Griffons run in and kill my objective.

Another pair stay in the Circle Rectangle, as does the Gorax.

On the right the remaining Blackclad moves up and Hunter's Mark Skarath. The Stalker on this side gets Primalled, charges in, kills the poor Snek and Sprints back into the Trench.

Circle score their rectangle as well as popping the objective, now 1-3.

IPB Image
Minion 3: Alright, time to counter feat and ensure contesting is functional. Lack of units. Hmph. Need to get the Swamp Gobbers up in here.

Barny ambles up on the hill, engages one of the Griffons, feats to knock down the four Griffons.
He then pokes the Griffon until it does, Warpathing the left Turtle forward.
Dracodile sprays the Gorax, injuring a Griffon on the way, gets Ancillaried to do a bit more damage.
Left Turtle then charges, toes the Circle zone and eats the pair of knocked down Griffons
Right-er Turtle eats the remaining knocked down Griffon.

Left Efaarit gets Guidance to see through the cloud, moves up and puts a Stone on one box, then repos back.

Right side, Dahlia ducks into the trench and contests as does the Gremlin swarm.
The Efaarit moves up, pops a stone and repos onto the Circle side.

I score my zone, 2-3

IPB Image
Circle 4: The left Stalker goes in on the forward Derp Turtle, gets a stab which lets it Enliven away. It worked! You just put it on and sooner or later it'll be triggered!

On the right the Stalker frenzies from Primal, flails ineffectually at Dahlia cause she got the music man.
The Blackclad sprays down the Gremlin Swarm, Kaya desperately tries to magic pew pew Dahlia, alas it's a no go and the magic flutist lives on.

I score my rectangle, 3 all.

And......photos are corrupted. Sod. I think we basically call it from there, I can easily clear the left zone, use the Dracodile and forward Turtle to kill off the left stalker, pop the last Blackclad with an aimed backstriking Efaarit and wait to score out the zone or Kaya gets desperate and gets killed.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Feb 4 2018, 02:16 PM
Post #525

Game 291 - Jaga Jaga1 (WWfF) vs Kaya3 (CotW)
Breakdown

Re-rack, this time plonking down Jaga. As before it's about managing the threat ranges, killing the Blackclads, using Dracodile Blind Spray to counter opposing Defence values.

- Bull Snapper [5]
- Dracodile [36]
- Ironback Spitter [14]
- Targ [0(4)]
Bone Shrine [2]
Dahlia Hallyr [17]
Gremlin Swarm [3]
Gremlin Swarm [3]
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress [0(4)]
Rorsh [15]
Swamp Gobber Chef [1]

Contemplating if heaven will have Buffalo Wings with:

Circle Army - 74 / 75 points
[Theme] Call of the Wild
(Kaya 3) Kaya the Wildheart [+27]
- Gorax Rager [7]
- Pureblood Warpwolf [17]
- Scarsfell Griffon [8]
- Scarsfell Griffon [8]
- Scarsfell Griffon [8]
- Scarsfell Griffon [8]
- Warpwolf Stalker [19]
- Warpwolf Stalker [19]
- Wild Argus [7]
Shifting Stones [0(3)]
Shifting Stones [0(3)]

I lose the roll, get given second.
My side gets a forest, some water and a hill.
There's then a fog cloud on the left in that zone, with an obstruction in the centre.
Circle gets a hill, a trench and a forest.

....this game was earlier today, it shouldn't be that hard to remember. Damn you buggered up photos!

Round 1: We run at each other? I've got Ninja pig on the left, facing off against a Stalker and some Griffins. On the right It's Dahlia and Skarath (Snakey gets Gravewind) facing against the Stalker and the Pureblood. Griffons are spread throughout.

I get some shots out, I pop two of the Stones on the left with Rorsh and the Turtle, who also get Splash damage on this sides Blackclad and sadly only does a couple damage.

IPB Image
Circle 2: The hippies all fall back, sending nothing forward. The Gorax goes behind the building, an annoyance that's going to be going for a fair while.

Minion 2: Well, it's the grand jinking. I decide to feat this turn to get it out of the way.
No chance of clearing the zone this turn, so chip away it is.
Two River Raiders run in, they gets feated to put some hurt on Griffons. One of those birdies then gets imploded by the Dracodile spray, who hangs back and pops Floodwaters.

I then bumbled hard, throwing the Spitter, Bullsnapper and a Gremlin Swarm to toe the centre zone surrounding Lanyssa who Winter's Storm. This would totally have been pretty good, had Floodwaters been ANYWHERE RELEVANT.

Leftwise Ninja Pig pops another Stone, Brine moves up to be behind the cloud threatening the left Stalker. Swamp Gobbers run up toe the zone for the score.

Dahlia and Skarath stay on the right, nothing runs into the zone because Circle aren't scoring it anyway.
The remaining Raider and a Gremlin Swarm stay out on the edge, set to run in and contest.

I score the left zone, go up 1-0.

IPB Image
Circle 3: Kaya moves to the right and feats, puts her nuke on the Ironspitter.
Ironspitter gets Hunters Marked.

Right wise the Pureblood moves up and sprays down Lanyssa and the centre Gremlin Swarm.
A Griffon, the Argus and right Stalker

Left wise the last stone on this side contests the zone, the Stalker departs to the centre to kill the Spitter then Sprint backward.

Also in the centre, the Gorax hides behind the obstruction. Griffon comes in, kills the Bullsnapper and repo's forward.

Another Griffon comes into Skarath, it lost it's Body to Jaga's feat so ends up doing poorly damage wise (This was noticed after the fact, so a slab of otherwise inflicted damage was removed in an imperfect fix).

Circle score the centre and right zone, now 1-2.

IPB Image
Minion 3: Well. Well well well well. Me not so good at dollies with that last plan, the allure of shinies got me good.

Jaga chills back, puts up Signs and Portents.

On the left, Rorsh shoots down the last stone to clear the zone.

Centrally the Dracodile shuffles up a bit, sprays and blinds the two forward Griffons. Targ Ancillaries, the second spray is enough to kill both. Signs and Portents, it gets thing done.
Swamp Gobber Chef runs up and toes the centre zone.

Skarath shuffles back, sprays the Wild Argus for a whack of damage. Dahlia falls back, spends a couple Fury healing her magic Snake.
The last River Raider charges the Argus, toes the zone. Misses the attack, not the biggest shock.

I score the left zone, draw equal at 2-2.

IPB Image
Circle 4: Leftwise, the Blackclad corrodes down to one box and runs to toe the circle zone I'm holding.

In the centre, the Stalker kills the Swamp Gobber Chef to clear the zone and sprints back.

Rightwise attempts to kill the River Raider with bit attacks fail, so the Argus takes a freestrike to take down Dahlia's defence for a Pureblood spray. The River Raiders hits his attacks, spikes the damage and does the three damage needed to finish the Argus off.
The Heavies end up clearing out the right zone, then stay shy off Skarath's charge range.
Last Griffon gets Wraithbane and goes off to kill the Gremlin Swarm.

Circle score the centre and right zone, now 2-4.

IPB Image
Minion 4: Alright, time to clear out the middle and get into the positive end of the scoring spectrum.

The Dracodile moves up, sprays the Stalker for a good whack of damage, then another via Ancillary attack. Jaga stays backfield, having Signs and Portented and shifted Gravewind to the Gargantuan, as Skarath is likely to die soon.

I then decide winning by attrition is foolish and move Rorsh up to shoot the Stalker, Fog of War and Prowl say no. Well.......dammit.....
He does at least clear the zone of the remaining Blackclad. Brine runs up on the hill.

Rightwise, Skarath sprays down the Blackclad, Dahlia runs into the zone to contest. Gremlin Swarm continues waiting around on the right contest.

IPB Image
Circle 5: It' s a clock out this turn, we play it on to see how it goes.

Kaya moves left to get her control area across.

The Stalker charges Rorsh on the left. With the shaking of Blind and some misses, it comes down to a tough roll. Alas I fail, farewell Baconators! Stalker Sprints to the trench.
Gorax runs to toe the left zone.

Right wise, Circle beasts kill off Skarath but can't deal with Dahlia, so no scores for the hippies.

IPB Image
Minion 5: The attritional play is to kill the Gorax and top Stalker, start scoring the left and just kill anything that tries to come over and contest.

However, I slither of line of sight to Kaya, so the Dracodile gets Ghostly, charges the opposing warlock, hits the Blind spray, easily eats her.

Urk, made some awful plays this time around, need to avoid those.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Feb 6 2018, 08:35 PM
Post #526

Game 292 - Jaga Jaga1 (WWfF) vs Vlad2 (JotW)
Epic Pit

Weebles will descend upon us all and evaporate our entire society. Our remains will be trodden on by our anthropomorphic rat replacements, who will give us no sign nor plaque.

Three games with Jaga in, time to change the list. With the revelation that Lanyssa's shtick works better when a Swamp Pit can be used, she gets dropped alongside a Gremlin Swarm.
I throw in Alten to give him a try and the Mist Speaker.
Maybe this time I'll remember bloody Hutchuck is in the list. Also Jaga has Deathrage.

- Bull Snapper [5]
- Dracodile [36]
- Ironback Spitter [14]
- Targ [0(4)]
Alten Ashley [0(6)]
Bone Shrine [2]
Dahlia Hallyr [17]
Gremlin Swarm [3]
Rorsh [15]

Getting viciously gummed by:

Khador Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] Jaws of the Wolf
(Vladimir 2) Vladimir Tzepesci, The Dark Champion [+27]
- Behemoth [25]
- Juggernaut [12]
Manhunter [4]
Manhunter [4]
Saxon Orrik [4]
Widowmaker Marksman [4]
Yuri the Axe [0(6)]
Kayazy Assassins (max) [15]
- Kayazy Assassin Underboss [4]
Kayazy Eliminators [5]
Kayazy Eliminators [5]
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt [8]
- Koldun Kapitan Valachev [4]
Widowmaker Scouts [8]

I win the die roll and get first.
I end up with a left side forest and an obstruction poking into the centre zone.
Khador have a left side obstruction that makes them accessing their own objective awkard, a trench, a hill that intrudes on the centre zone and a forest on the right that pokes into that sides rectangle.

The side selection surprised me, I thought the left obstruction and line of sight blocking forest on the right would dictate a side change. I guess the hill was to big a draw?

I remember Hutchuck! He loses ambush to Jaws' theme benefit.
IPB Image

Vlad feated Eliminators are a real concern, they'll be the primary targets. Ideally I get to run forward Raiders and feat stuff away. Aiyanna's existence is annoying, means the Gremlin Swarm have to be afraid of Behemoth blasts and space appropiately.
No idea on Kayazy Assassins at this point. Can't be that good right?

IPB Image
Minion 1: RUN FORTH YOU DEVILS OF MAINE.

I throw up Ninja Pig on the left, who can abuse that flanks house and make a scoring play.
Alten moves up with Guidance from the Mist Speaker, gets a free Manhunter kill then repositions into my defensive forest.

Dracodile goes up and toes the centre zone, at safeties distance from Vlad feated manhunter charges.
Jaga is in an awkward spot in the backfield because I'm a numpty who didn't deploy the Snake in easy range of buff casting.

Dahlia puts up Counterblast, charges up to the back obstruction. Not super tech, it didn't want to run all the way up so not much reason to not throw the Animus up as well.

I've seen Widowmakers get feated on before, from which they could advance and pew pew Dahlia. She opts to hang back, throw up Haunting Melody early and have a small Swamp Gobber cloud plonked in front of her.
Could I, in hindsight, have had her cast Mist Walker and be stealthed? Yes. Yes I could have.

IPB Image
Khador 1: Vlad feats on Eliminators, the Manhunter and the Marksman. Said melee models then run forward and jam. I did not see that coming. The Manhunter gets up into the Ironback Spitter, two Eliminators block in the Dracodile, another goes up to Skarath, the last one goes next to my objective.

The Widowmaker moves up, kills the left most River Raider and Swift Hunters back.

After that it's a series of runs, Behemoth sticks on the left, Assassins flood forward into the centre zone, Vlad chills out on the hill, Juggernaught moves up on the right. Widowmakers go extreme right.

IPB Image
Minion 2: Well, it's simple enough. Left side I don't have to do much given the Reds have basically conceded the battle on that flank, centrally it's a matter of unjamming. Rightside looks somewhat weaker with the Jugger and the Widowers, will jsut have to try to carry that one with the Snake.

River Raiders and Swamp Gobbers run up, the Mist Speaker moves up and puts Guidance on Alten.
Jaga pops Signs and Portents, feats on the Eliminators.
Mostly success, one Eliminator survives on the far right and the Manhunter has to be dealt with.

Left wise, Ninja Pigs just move up and prep to charge the Khador objective then Souie back next turn.
Around the forest, Alten advances and try a crack at the Assassin Underboss, alas he botches the damage roll and leaves him on one box. Oh well, not like Signs and Portents doesn't usually come through.
The Spitter takes a freestrike from the Manhuntress, Carapace doesn't stop it from hurting. It then shoots the previously run Gremlin Swarm to blast damage the Manhunter, boosted damage puts it on one box and corroded. Sure hope that doesn't go out, if he somehow gets to Jaga that'll be reeeeeaaaallllyyy bad.

The Dracodile shuffles back, sprays down some of the Kayazy, rubs sweetly on the building to shield Jaga. Pops Floodwaters to at least make Saxon do his thing instead of getting a shot.

Rightwise, Dahlia runs up, then has Hutchuck move in front of her.
Skarath moves up, sprays down the injured Eliminator and a couple of the Widowmakers. Pops Counterblast. Way to much Fury on the Snake, though I was somewhat expecting the Widowmakers to shoot up Dahlia.

IPB Image
Khador 2: Corrosion kills the Manhunter. Flawless planning.

Aiyanna Harms the Dracodile, Holt shoots at Princess Saltine ineffectually.
Behemoth moves forward, shoots the Garg.
Kayazy run around, a pair can reach the Dracodile and stab a bit, I foolishly miss the only opportunity the Spitter gets to Counterblast. Bugger.

The Jugger runs up the right, the Widowmakers move around and shoot Hutchuck down to one box. Grumble.
Yuri charges Skarath, the Snake lands the hard 8 to eat him with Counterblast. Gold.

IPB Image
Minion 3: Well, it's looking pretty good. The Dracodile has lost about half its health, however I can push scenario and otherwise just kill stuff.

Left side, Brine goes into the objective and kills it to the box with its initials.
Rorsh then trundles up to the corner of the zone.

Alten aims, kills Aiyanna and repo's back into the trees.
The Gremlin Swarm runs to be base to base with Behemoth.

Turtle, Dracodile and an ancillary spray kill most of the kayazy, leaving two in the centre zone and one off to the right out of command.

Jaga stays hiding behind her building, puts up Signs and Portents, throws Ghostly on the Bullsnapper.

Rightwise, Hutchuck moves up and Rusts the Juggernaught, he then gets charged by the Bullsnapper and Skarath walks up for a couple bites, alas none of the damage rolls are particularly thrilling.

I popped the opposing objective and scored the left zone, now 2-0.

IPB Image
Khador 3: Vlad charges off to the left and kills the Gremlin Swarm.
Behemoth gets Hand of Fate, stomps forward, shoots Brine down to three odd boxes. Ouch. Opposing Signs and Portent effects are super lame.

The remaining Kayazy come forward, Turtle Counterblasts and punches a Kayazy to death. Weirdly effective counterblasts here.

The Juggernaught moves across, the Bullsnapper takes out a column on a freestrike, takes no systems alas. Jugger takes out Skaraths sweet serpentine bod.

Snipers kill Hutchuck and make Dahlia to a damage transfer. Saxon moves forward and misses a shot.

IPB Image
Minion 4: Well, Vlad's on offer.
Jaga stays in her spot, pops Signs and Portents and for the first time camps a few.

Dracodile Assaults across, blinds Vlad, punches down Behemoth.

I try to super derp activation's like a moron. Eventually Rorsh moves across, smokes Brine across, heals his aspects. Brine pops his animus, charges Vlad and gets it done.

Hmm, think Jaga lives in fear of opposing ranged attacks. Guess it's a good thing it's paired with Barny for Champs.
Alten was reasonable. Would rather he sucked so I wouldn't have to ponder the situation.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Feb 11 2018, 02:37 AM
Post #527

Game 293 - Barnabas1 (WWfF) vs Butcher1 (JotW)
Breakdown (Dumbbell)

There was a lack of games, then a sleepless night, then an answered call for dollies to face off and scream PEW PEW at each other.

(Barnabas 1) Bloody Barnabas [+28]
- Dracodile [36]
- Ironback Spitter [14]
- Ironback Spitter [14]
- Targ [0(4)]
Dahlia Hallyr [17]
Efaarit Scouts [0(6)]
Efaarit Scouts [0(6)]
Gremlin Swarm [3]
Gremlin Swarm [3]
Kwaak Slickspine & Gub, Croak Sorcerers [4]
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress [4]

Rough housing in a tough neighborhood against:

Khador Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] Jaws of the Wolf
(Butcher 1) Orsus Zoktavir, The Butcher of Khardov [+28]
- Rager [11]
- Ruin [17]
Gobber Tinker [2]
Greylord Forge Seer [0(4)]
- Behemoth [25]
Greylord Forge Seer [0(4)]
Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters (max) [19]
- Koldun Kapitan Valachev [4]
Kayazy Eliminators [5]
Kayazy Eliminators [5]
Kossite Woodsmen (min) [7]
Widowmaker Scouts [8]

So......I've found the issue that was corrupting photos. Alas, as a flawed being it took missing photo ops of my larger mistakes in an excellent game, which also appears willfully convenient. Self Esteem subconscious defence mechanism?
IPB Image

Anyway, there were hypothetical pairings involved here, however I was inclined to play Barny anyway as Jaga felt like it was clicking pretty well already.
In regular tourney's this list would be replaced by Arkadius, so this is very much constrained as being played for an ADR tourney in a couple months.

Breakdown is an incidental reminder that the list currently has no units, an egregious flaw that has to be addressed in the future. As it is, the centre zone is easy for me to score, the flank circle areas are a problem.

I won the die roll, selected first.
Terrain for me is a defensive hill and a forest.
Centre line of the board, the left zone has a doubled up trench, a central forest that gives Khador a good contesting location behind it, a rightside forest of lesser relevance.
Khador have a small blob of water.

IPB Image
Round 1: Gremlin Swarms run up either side for future contesting shenanigans.
I put a Swamp Pit out front that the Dracodile runs into using the themes speed buff.
Turtles move up in it's vicinity.
Dahlia, Skarath and Lannyssa move around on the right, hovering around my defensive forest to prevent being capped by the Widowmakers facing them.

Khadorans don't do any massive redeploys, so the table ends up with:

Left is random solos against a unit of Eliminators, the Forge Seers and Behemoth.
Central is the Gator beasts opposing Ruin, the Rager and the Nyss. Butcher is up the backfield here.
Right is the Snake versus the Widowmakers and the other unit of Eliminators.

Ruin has Fury, the Nyss have Iron Flesh.

IPB Image
Round 2: Ruin has moved up to be shy of the Dracodile charge range of 10, meaning the Garg is within 11 of him and thus can be squished with ease. Hmmm.

What I really want to do is shoot Ruin, however the Rager is nearby and will absorb an Efaarit shot each round. I decide I need to kill the Rager this round so I don't have to worry about that Shield Guard for the rest of the game, said jack also has the Tinker is blast range so that's a neat bonus.

The other decision point that matter is the Swamp Pit. The forest makes things awkward, as the pit has to be placed not touching models meaning that for the Dracodile to be in it requires said Gard moving nearly it's whole movement to shift around on the board.

I opt to leave the Pit where it is and just accept that the Dracodile will get shot on Butchers feat turn.
I also accept that moving it across to spray the Rager let's the Nyss charge it, I internally justify it with "It only needs one box, then I feat knock down, heal with Targ/Kwaak three times, use a sweep to snack the world".

I mentioned the sleep deprivation right?

Dracodile, Spitters and Efaarits shoot the Rager and kill it.
Gargantuan sure enough shuffles out of the Pit, Spitters and Barny goes into the Swamp with Counterblasts up.

Leftwise is basically tumbleweeds for my stuff. No point running the Gremlin Swarm at this point, leave that until next turn instead of giving it away.

Rightside Dahlia hides behind the forest and a Mist Speaker popping a cloud, Skarath gets Prowl to hang in the forest and sprays down an Eliminator. Pops Counterblast as well.
This sides Gremlin Swarm has no magic weapons to fear so runs up to be behind the rightside forest and contest that circle.

Khadoran response is sadly sensible.
Butcher feats, puts Fury on the Nyss.
Left wise, Behemoth advances, does 23 damage to the Dracodile with Bombards. Hmm. Swamp Pit sure would have been good.
That sides Eliminators just chill around.

Ruin moves up to toe the left crevice of the circle and rectangle zones.

Nyss charge in, two initially die eating up the Counterblasts from the Turtles (They run to engage them, forcing the counterblast. I should have spaced them with a gap to let Barny counter charge one of them). They then start placing around the Dracodile, I get a good Skarath counterblast that kills another two of them.
They then miss a couple times, still manage to put Princess Saltine down to one box.
Right side Eliminator comes in and finishes things off.

Widowmakers move up, shoot down Targ. Wude.
The Kossites ambush on the right side deep in my side, they come up and try to shoot down Dahlia without success.

Khador then score the centre rectangle and the right zone, now 0-2.

IPB Image
Minion 3: Alright, this is pretty bad, but we can totes recover. We only lost two models, hell the Khadorans lost more than that on their own turn. We can do this. Just don't think about the point disparity on those losses and we'll be fine.

Barny chills in the Swamp Pit, pops feat to knock down all the Nyss, Ruin and the Eliminator on the right.

Left wise, the Efaarits shoot Ruin and drill down on the Cortex.
One of the Spitters gets into Charge distance off a Warpath move, goes into Ruin and reminds me that POW 15 on a "heavy" is kinda bad. Ruin does end up pretty hurt though, having six boxes left with no Cortex or mace.
This sides Gremlin Swarm runs in to contest.

Centrally, Kwaak moves up and sprays down three Nyss with Venoms.
The other Spitter shuffles, toes the centre zone and shoots down three of the Widowmakers.
Both Mist Speakers charge in and stab down another pair of Nyss.

Righwise, Lannyssa stays in the forest and kill the knocked down Eliminator.
Dahlia moves over to the Kossites after Mist Walking Skarath, who slithers across and sprays all bar one Kossite down.
Gremlin Swarm remains contesting the right.

Hmmm. Sharp reminders of the pillow fistness of Gators sans Dracodiles and Wrastlers having Rage.

No counter scoring as well (Became a forlorn dream when Ruin survived), so that ain't good. We remain 0-2.

IPB Image
Khador 3: Left wise, I'm expecting Behemoth to move up and handidly kill the Spitter.
Alas the Reds are thinking of the bigger picture, said stompy robot instead moves up after being empowered to scatter a shot and kill the left Gremlin Swarm. Another shot misses an Efaarit on a hill, scatters and hits again, thankfully leaves it on one box.

Ruin and the Eliminators go into the Spitter, they all roll low and fail to even take out an aspect. Ruin is well messed up after all.

Butcher, with Iron Flesh from the last round, moves up behind the centre forest.

Rightwise, the remaining pair of Nyss and Valachev sac movement to avoid the right Spitter getting a Counterblast chance.
They kill one of the Mist Speakers.
I have no recall what the final Widowmaker takes a shot at, the lone Kossite backs up and misses Dahlia.

Spitter survival means no scores, so still in with a chance.

IPB Image
Minion 4: What I really want to do is clear off the right zone and score, alas the plan of Barny charging across and do some magic nukes fails due to Flesh Eater just being a bad spell on his card.

Instead I'm left with just going for a clear out of the middle and setting up for the right side scores next round.

Left wise, both Efaarits move up, between them they kill the Forge Seer controlling Behemoth. The injured one repositions to toe the left zone (Mistake. No unit in that zone anyway, he should have just stayed back and made Behemoth try more awkward shots), the other pops back onto his hill.
The Spitter finishes off Ruin.

Centrally, Barny misses Cylena in the woods with his ######ty nuke, to my surprise the surviving Mist Speaker gets it done. Revenge for his bro I guess?
The Spitter shoots his twin in the back, boosts the blast damage to kill the remaining Eliminators.

Rightwise, Kwaak hides a bit and kills the most forward Nyss.
Skarath moves into the right zone and kills Valachev.
The Gremlin Swarm runs toward the left, he won't be needed on the right any longer.
Lannysa misses the Kossite with her magic zaperdoosh.

I score the centre rectangle, now 1-2.

Khador 4: And clock pressure makes the photo's stop. Hmmm.

Left wise, Butcher charges the Spitter and easily kills it. The Forge Seer is to far away from Behemoth to take the reins, so he moves up and Hoarfrosts down the one box Efaarit.
Big B moves to contest the centre zone, kills the Mist Speaker and gets a dice spike to kill the remaining Efaarit. Dang.

Right wise the Widowmaker runs back to the Khador hill, the Kossite walks away from Dahlia and fails to roll box cars to hit her.

Charging means Butcher couldn't get to the left zone, so scores remain at 1-2.

Minion 5: I think I'm going to be fine. I just have to make sure Butcher doesn't get near Barny and start scoring the right while trickling over support models to run in and contest the left.

Kwaak runs over to the hill on the left, in range to run into the Khador zone next round.
The Spitter basically stays where it is, shoots Behemoth for a little bit.
Barny runs to get to the right zone.

Right wise Lannyssa kills the Kossite at last.
Dahlia runs up to the right zone, Skarath moves into the middle of the zone and pops Counterblast.

I score the right, now 2-2.
Criminally, I forget to activate the Gremlin Swarm who is just chilling in the centre forest.

Khador 5: Butcher moves up to toe the left and centre zone, adds Behemoth to his battlegroup. Uses Obliterate on the Gremlin Swarm, auto-misses, hits with the scatter and kills it. Damn.
The Forge Seer moves up and puts a focus on Behemoth.
Big B kills Kwaak, hitting exactly. Damnable base def 12. The Croak explodes like he never was.

As the only fluffy hatted individual on the right, the Widowmaker has to run into the right zone where he unavoidably gets Counterblasted. I land the hard 8 and kill him.

Both sides score their circles, now 3-3.

IPB Image
Minion 6: Alright, my circle is basically uncontestable, so now it's time to wing Behemoth to try to finish him off and clear the centre.

As the last piece that can do it, Lannyssa runs toward the left near the splattered remains of Kwaak.

Barny puts down a Swamp Pit, given the transfer situation Big B just shoots him down otherwise.
The Spitter pops a shot into Behemoth, doesn't achieve ideal damage. Pops counterblast.
Skarath toes the centre rectangle behind the forest, dahlia chills out in the right zone.

Both sides score their circles, 4 all.

IPB Image
Khador 6: Skarath is well behind the forest, so Khador stuff stays 8 inches away from him.

Forge Seer empowers Behemoth, who shuffles and shoots down Lannyssa.
Butcher camps and toes.

Now 5 all.

IPB Image
Minion 7: Alright, it's struggle town. I just have to somehow score the centre rectangle.

The Spitter has already been proven to be awful at killing Khador heavies, so we go to the other plan.

Skarath moves up with Mist Walker, sprays the Forge Seer, boosts damage. If I spike this hard and kill him I can Warpath the Spitter up, then advance and throw Behemoth out of the zone.

Alas, I fall one box shy. Dammit.

No other choice, Spitter charges Behemoth. In retrospect I could have tried Slamming and hoped for rolling the max distance needed, instead I flail at Big Big and scratch him a little.

We go to 6 all.

IPB Image
Khador 7: Behemoth gets Fury, kills the Spitter trivially.

It's 7 Control points apiece, Behemoth ensures the tiebreaker win to Khador.

Hmmm. Great game, many an error on my part. Opening Swamp Pit wasn't worth it, should have positioned it afterward. Dracodile shouldn't have put itself in danger, should have back pedalled until Barny feats on a committed Khador.

List feels super support bloated. I really like Efaarit's, they probably need to go. At minimum some kind of unit needs to go in. Barny's spell card feels underplayed, however Death March targets in Will Work for Food are not ideal. Need to think through how the list actually succeeds in the matchups it's wants.

This post has been edited by Angry_Norway: Feb 11 2018, 02:39 AM
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Feb 13 2018, 12:07 PM
Post #528

Game 294 - Barnabas1 (WWfF) vs Abyslonia2 (OoA)
Spread the Net

Into the hand cranked rapid fire spring loaded gun, minus the "ling".

I't s Abby2 and Lylth1 for the opposing pairing, Jaga is the better drop out of the Gator pairing. I drop Barny anyway, need to try the new list though going it I was fairly sure it was an awful matchup.

Barny1 - 2x Iron Spitter, Wrastler, Wrongeye + Snapjaw, Dahlia + Skarath, Swamp Gobber Chef, 2x Bog Trog Mist Speaker, 2x Gremlin Swarm, Hutchuck, 2x Efaarit, Swamp Gobber Bellows, Kwaak, Lannyssa

Big changes being the Dracodile being dropped and Wrastler going in, plus Wrongeye/Snapjaw.
Getting chewed up and spat out like a soured kraut who had been pickled:

Abby2 - Proteus, 2x Angelius, Seraph, Carnivean, Sorceress on Hellion, Naga, 2x Forsaken, Min Hex Hunters

Ha! So many fewer words in the Legion list! That means I start with an attrition lead!

......right?

Spread the Net, so potentially live scenario. The accursed selection of a Naga means the Gremlin Swarms will pop like a rotten peach thrown at that annoying neighbour kid that one time. Was glorious.

I lose the roll and get given second. Dammit.

The side I pick has a defensive obstruction, a largish hill and some rubble on the right.
Legion get a couple forest, a trench intruding on the central circle zone and a blob of water around their flag.

IPB Image
Legion 1:Legion move forward and threaten most of the board. That's going to be an issue.
Proteus gets the armour buff that stops pushing and knock down. Basically Barnabas' dry, withered dusty dream. Nightmares are dreams to after all.

Sorceress goes out on the left, Hex Hunters shuffle up on the right.

IPB Image
Minion 1: Ah, the strife has started. Legion out threats heavily and I'm not super sure how to handle it with so few pieces, I don't really have the stuff to sacrifice to Abby's feat.
I settle for mostly muddling forward, enlivening the turtles optimistically to see if I can get away with an unreasonable optimism.

The Efaarits more around on either flank, the left one fails a shot at the Angelius hiding out in the woods then repoing to the side.
Right side equivalent kills a Hex Hunter.

Left side, Wrongeye/Snapjaw go to contest distance from my flag and submerge.

Barny and his beasts chill out at the bottom of the circle zone.

Dahlia and Snake hover up on the right.

Various support solos dink around in the backfield.

IPB Image
Legion 2: The blighted nobs start playing coy and toy with me. Everything shuffles back from the forward bait Spitter, outside of it's puny threat range. Hmph. Except for Proteus, who strides forth with his armour on for all to see.

Sorceress on the left tries and fails to spray down that flanks Efaarit.

Hex Hunters run up, half go onto my hill.

Yes, it's *my* hill dammit.

IPB Image
Minion 2: It's time to throw things at the wall an see what sticks, I'm expecting Barny's entire battlegroup to pop so I have to push some scenario elements and see what happens after that.

Hutchuck stays in reserve for future contesting.

On the right, Skarath moves forward and sprays down a couple Hex Hunters. Lannyssa moves up and magic pew pews down the Hex Hunter hovering on the Legion flag.
This sides Efaarit moves forward, shoots down a Forsaken and repositions to the Legion Flag.
One of the Gremlin Swarms goes 4 inches from said flag to be annoying (Side note: I always forget they have annoyance. One day.).

I forgot to trigger Warpath off the Snake Spray, so the right Spitter spits a gob of acid at the two remaining Hex Hunters. It misses and scatters way to far away.
Will this is bad. Hadn't considered how few attacks I had left after that.
I make maximum shame face as I fall back on Barnabas having to cast his stupid, lame, overly costly ######ty nuke. It works, letting the Spitter move forward. Dracodile puts Rage on it, it then charges Proteus and lightly scuffs him.

Around my flag, the Gobber Chef runs to my flag. Wrongeye and Snapjaw hover to Submerged contesting under Star Crossed land.

The Efaarit moves up, hits the Hellion and does five damage, repositions to engage.

I score both flags, the Spitter's failure (aka my poor decision making) means I don't score my rectangle.

2-0.

IPB Image
Legion 3: Abby feats and Barny starts praying to himself. Alas, he doesn't spontaneously become his epic version and things are looking not so good.

Out on the left, the Efaarit rolls higher than it should and kills the Hellion with a free strike. He is then promptly crit murdered by the Naga.
The Angel on this side moves across and shoots down the Gobber Chef on my flag.

Centrally, one Angel and Abby kill the suicide Turtle. Abby then goes base to base with said Angel and puts the Armour buff on it, puts Spiny Growth on herself.
Carnivean charges into the remaining Spitter, does an alright amount of damage, turtle enlivens away and the Carni rolls the snake eyes to miss the free strike. #flawlessplanning

Proteus then comes in, can't quite get an ideal spot to stab barny, so instead eats the Wrastler to free space and knock Barny down to 11 boxes off not greeat damage rolls.
The remaining Forsaken ducks into the trench.

Rightwise the last hex hunter moves up and engages Skarath, misses Lannyssa.

I score the Legion flag, Legion get their rectangle and the circle zone.
3-2.

IPB Image
Minion 3: Abby is in charge range of the Snake camping two fury, so we have a chance!

The remaining Efaarit goes into the back end of the Hex Hunter to clear off Skarath.
Lanyssa moves up, misses the Hunters Mark on Abby by 1. Well, that's awkward.
Dahlia runs to get with 8 of Abby, Skarath charges in. When the dust settles, Abby three boxes and one transfer remaining and is Paralysed.

I then have to try to work out how to get the last damage on her.
Barny and the remaining turtle are engaged by Proteus, drag attacks mean free strikes are a no go.
The turtle moves across, throws Proteus away.
Barny then moves up and has to try to cast his lame nuke twice, needing ahrd 8's on teh damage to knock off the transfer.

First one hits, does 5 damage and strips the transfer.
Second one hits, rolls the damage.

Abby lives on 1 box. She's now probably angry.

On the walk to the car I realised barny could have just feated to knock down Proteus and the Carni and freed up a Turtle shot as well. Sod.

Some other bit activations happen, I kill Proteus with Snapjaw and score the flags again, now 5-2.

IPB Image
Legion 4: A plan to eat Barny in melee is cut savagely short by the Seraph spiking it's single shot and putting the Croc in the dust.

Yeech. A fair amount to unpack here.

While I botched the assassination run, that's not realy relevant feedback as Abby had the option to just reposition backwards away from the Snake charge range and been perfectly safe.
Thus we back up and I think we sadly establish that I likely lose this match at roughly the lsit selection point, which isn't a shocking revelation but is problematic. Barny lacks the trade pieces or threat range to handle this.

That's not an issue in my regular pairing, for Champions I will need to examine the Legion casters.
I remain unenthused about Midas due to my curent Pig collection (Repairing all those metal Brigands isn't high in my to do list), so I either pursue a dramatically different Barny list or give Maelok an actual go.

Jaga, hypothetically to my mind anyway, wants to avoid guns that can threaten her or things that hard alpha her Dracodile. That means ideally her pairing wants to handle Cygnar and Legion I think.
Champion wise, Swans seem to be Kraye focused, Legion are relatively unknown. Does Maelok with only a modicum of Posse have enough armour and boxes to carry it maybe?
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Feb 17 2018, 09:13 PM
Post #529

Game 295 - Jaga Jaga1 (WWfF) vs Wurmwood1 (BoO)
Epic Recon

LET THERE BE DOLLIES. There will then be slightly less dollies as I'm spending a week at Disneyland.

Into our resident grandfather clock that is becoming more about it's former living exterior then it's mechanical guts. Let's call the current level as "Wooden Cog".

Unrelated, I dislike clogs with no actual experience of them. That's a random bias to have. I blame the media.

- Bull Snapper [5]
- Dracodile [36]
- Ironback Spitter [14]
- Targ [0(4)]
Alten Ashley [0(6)]
Bone Shrine [2]
Dahlia Hallyr [17]
Gremlin Swarm [3]
Rorsh [15]

is being disappointed by the lack of meat available in:

Circle Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] The Bones of Orboros
(Wurmwood 1) Wurmwood, Tree of Fate [+27]
- Wold Guardian [16]
- Woldwarden [14]
- Woldwarden [14]
- Woldwarden [14]
- Woldwarden [14]
- Woldwatcher [8]
Blackclad Stoneshaper [0(3)]
Blackclad Stoneshaper [0(3)]
Gallows Grove [2]
Gallows Grove [2]
Farrow Bone Grinders (min) [5]
Sentry Stone & Mannikins [5]
Shifting Stones [3]
- Stone Keeper [2]
Shifting Stones [3]

Went with Jaga as I didn't think Arkadius would be great practice (Either Arkadius wins on feat or gets slowly ground down. Possible a couple turns jockeying for position if Wurmwood feats super early?).

I win the roll to go first which is quite a relief.

I get a side with a left side obstruction providing super benefits for zone contesting, but doesn't assist in getting to the Circle Flag. I'm impaired slightly by the acid water in the middle of my advance deployment line, it is manageable but annoying.

The centre of the board is dominated by a hill that it turns out neither list really wants to use.
There's also a forest on the right that makes contesting that zone easy for both sides potentially.

Circle get a defensive forest on the left and a moderaty inconvenient wall in their backfield.

I took the pathfinder objective, Circle took repair.

IPB Image
Minion 1: Not sure about how this'll pan out. A low model count list does not like multiple Strangleholds every turn. Oh well, let's see how it goes.

Ninja Pigs go up the far left, Dahlia and Skarath mirror them on the far right.
Dracodile gets Gravewind, moves up and into the right zone.
Support solos crowd out the mid-field, Jaga and the Spitter go up behind the obstruction.
Alten moves up, tries a cheeky shot on a Gallows Grove, alas, he only does a couple boxes. Sometimes Signs and Portents doesn't pan out.

Gravewind is on the Dracodile, Jaga has Battlehost.

IPB Image
Circle 1: Ah, right, dem Proxies.

The CoC walker heavy jack - Wold Guardian
CoC Floaty Jacks - Wold Wardens
Galvanizer - Wold Watcher
Some other small based models.

Because I'm a lazy fool, the tree has no problem putting Curse of Shadows on the Dracodile then warping back into it's own forest, afterwhich a Warden moves up and puts Stranglehold on the bog Croc. Imph.

Things otherwise mostly shuffle and hold back with the intent of Wurmwood safeguarding it's feat.
The Farrow kill themselves for souls.
Left side gets the Sentry Stone and the Woldwatcher, right side gets the spare Shifting buggers.

IPB Image
Minion 2: Curse you Strangelhold.

So.....I've a flight to catch in the morning and should in theory be going to bed shortly, so prepare for laziness. It's also been a few days of madness sorting out stuff at work, so details are fuzzy anyway.

Dracodile is in spray range of Wurmwood, however with three souls and only limited attacks I math out that the assassination run fails at about 75% health. The tree could then hide behind Warden forests and be safe on minimal boxes, so I nix that. Instead we make bit attrition plays and basically see what happens. If not for the Guardian giving Shield Guard for the Spitter shot I had a good chance.

Left wise solos go out wide, Brine goes to get cover from the house. Alten moves up and finishes the Gallows Grove. Spitter gets Guidance, kills the Shifting Stone and the Blackclad Wayfarer.
Jaga hides behind the house and starts some small talk with Alten. It's super awkward.

Dracodile falls back, Targ Ancillaries to hit Wurmwood anyway for sod all damage and to sadly do little to Cassius.
A River Raider runs up to engage and be annoying, another hides behind the forest.

Far right, Hutchuck ambushes in, kills the second Gallows Grove.
Skarath sprays on a Warden and two of the stones, cracks the stone on the small unit, fails to damage the other pieces.

IPB Image
Circle 2: Wurmwood ends up feating. Two attempts are made to Stranglehold Brine that fail to hit.
Dracodile and Skarath both suffer the spell and take damage, the Garg takes some pretty bad spikes.

Nothing really comes forward.

The Woldwatcher kills a River Raider, one of the Stone Buffers gets teleported to the Circle flag.
Unit of two shifting stones moves up and stand in front of Hutchuck.

Circle score their flag, go up 0-1.

Minion 3: No pic it seems. Wurmwood feat, so not much to do.
Plan is to feat to kill beat pieces and otherwise wait it out. Brine was about 2 mill shy of being in for the Ghostly and double advance to kill the tree.

Gremlin Swarm runs in and does one River Raider. I forget to run up a Swamp Gobber I put pahtfinder from the objective on and another raider misses the Guardian with it's harpoon to get into position, so Jaga feats on just the first two solos to run in, selecting Cassius and the Stoneshaper on the Circle flag. Raider pops and gets the Stoneshaper, I pick the Gremlin swam for Cassius as it it a point higher armour. I roll three 2's and a 1. Hmm. Signs and Portents, sometimes it doesn't matter. Good thing it usually does, enough that a dice failure actually stuck in my mind.

Dracodile ancillaries on a Warden, shuffles back again. Is now as far back as it go towards my deployment edge and contest. A River Raider goes to the flag.

Random thought: Maybe Gudrun needs to be tried. He's been left in the cold this edition, but a solo going to a defensive flag and sitting down with Feign Death on sounds like it's got potential.

Skarath sprays, boosts damage and again fails to crack the larger stone unit. Put up Animus. Dahlia chills on the right board edge, burns fury to heal the Snake.

I score my flag, now 1-1.

IPB Image
Circle 3: Wurmwood Shuffles back to near it's objective.
A Warden's attempts to Stranglehold Brine failed, so Wurmwood put a forest in front of him.
A different Warden moves up the centre, Strangles the Dracodile. The Guardian starts running toward the Garg, so that's not good.

Wardens on the right start to suffer from the amount of Fury on the table, botch a roll to Strangle Hutchuck but manage to get Skarath again.

A Stone buffman (He's ripped under those robes) gets to the Circle flag, now 1-2.

IPB Image
Minion 3: With Ghostly Brine can just go through the forest and kill Wurmwood.

We keep playing on, retroing to Wurmwood getting the forest put in front of him to stop Ninja Pig.

Longwise, it goes somewhat slowly.
On the left Ninja Pig goes in and pops the Warden, then survives a couple turns including a frenzy before he dies.

Centrally Alten proves his worth pretty hard, taking out the Guardians Spirit while it gets super damaged by Dracodile Sprays, it then limps in and easily killed by a Dracodile melee attack.
The Spitter manages to kill Cassius.

In the backfield, Hutchuck finally kills the stubborn stone in the larger unit, Wurmwood stops being able to teleport.
Skarath ends up not being Strangled and manages to move up and start biting into the Wardens.

Our scores keep pace with each other, though I end up positioned heavily to win on attrition.

Going forward, this will be a difficult matchup for Will Work for Food.

*Stranglehold is money
*If the tree starts doing Hellmouth shenanigans in future games it looks bad
*Dracodile had the arm debuff all game, had Wardens and the Guardian moved up earlier they could have threatened charges to kill it then I'm screwed
*Guardian Shield Guard was highly relevant for the important top of 2 assassination maths
*I was stupidly aggressive with the Dracodile on turn one, had it held back I would have been able to get into a strategic position prior to the Stranglehold lockdowns starting
*Awkwardly makes me wish I could put whatsisname. Um. Thing that sold No Quarter Prime. Eilish! That dude! Sadly list is super constrained and River Raiders are proving sadly useful even though they are yet to kill anything of their own accord.
*Gravewind on the Dracodile was not given sufficient consideration. Def 12 Dracodile still gets hit by boosted 6's from Geomancy. A def 16 Skarath or def 18 Brine behind the obstruction would both have been actually worthwhile investments.
* If the Swamp Gobbers had been on the right, or wherever Skarath was, they could have popped their cloud down on an important turn to give Skarath stealth and get him out of the Stranglehold cycle.
*Time to practice Hell Mouth spacing. Sod.
*Alten was finally money, albeit after the game was technically finished. Grievous Wounds remains hot (SOD YOUR CANTRIP WOLDWARDENS).
+Quote Post

27 Pages V « < 25 26 27
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st February 2018 - 07:19 PM