> ATC 2015, Player Pack, Detachment Restrictions and more
difsta
post Dec 12 2014, 01:12 PM
Post #21

The Travelling Mexican

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 9,216

QUOTE(ĆON @ Dec 12 2014, 02:03 PM) *

The Leviathan Rising supplement isnt allowed? Any reasons as to why?

are you talking about "Dataslate: Tyranid Vanguard - Rising Leviathan I"? Cause that is a Data Slate and as such is allowed as per the small detachments. Or is there something else we are missing?

All Formations from Data Slates and the listed Campaign Books.

--------------------
Community Comp is alive and kicking. Come visit us over at our Facebook Page or out Community Comp Forum and get involved

My Modelling Diaries
ETC 2016 Australian Team Discussion
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ThatWallyGuy
post Dec 12 2014, 01:15 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 13,305

QUOTE(difsta @ Dec 12 2014, 01:21 PM) *

what about codeces that haven't received a 7th ed codex? They can still take a CAD or they can take an allied detachment... I am not sure what you are asking here. If they don't have a formation then the best you can take is a CAD or an allied detachment of that faction. I am not sure what you are after here.

if you want to play any army with no other factions then yes you can take a CAD or a single formation. Not all armies even have formations yet. Tyranids are far from restricted.

You do realize that in 7th edition you can take allies right...

ATC is about the attempt at having 8 different lists, 6th edition made that a little harder, and 7th even more. We have put in restrictions on the number of detachments and the number of times a faction can be taken to stick to that ethos.

I know that in Vics team selection we have 2 very strong nid players, and there lists are BS good, I am not sure how you think they are being hard done by. I mean the 3 HQ detachment is sick!

I'm just saying limiting people to have to choose CAD is limiting the list options in general. I say Tyranids, because that's all I play ever since 2nd ed (have dabled with others but never had the disposable income to really pal anything else)

Yes I am aware that Tyranids can take allies, but they have several negative effects for such

Also what happens about 'new' units that are introduced that are not in a Codex?

But what i am saying unless you have a 7th ed codex army, you are having to take the CAD as one of your options where there may exist other formations that more suit your style of paly

--------------------
Only The Insane Can Truly Prosper
Only Those Who Can Prosper Can Truly Judge What Is Sane
+Quote Post
ThatWallyGuy
post Dec 12 2014, 01:19 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 13,305

QUOTE(difsta @ Dec 12 2014, 02:12 PM) *

are you talking about "Dataslate: Tyranid Vanguard - Rising Leviathan I"? Cause that is a Data Slate and as such is allowed as per the small detachments. Or is there something else we are missing?

You actually haven't listed any of the Rising Leviathan on your quoted section

Only the Baal Leviathan formations

--------------------
Only The Insane Can Truly Prosper
Only Those Who Can Prosper Can Truly Judge What Is Sane
+Quote Post
difsta
post Dec 12 2014, 01:20 PM
Post #24

The Travelling Mexican

QUOTE(ThatWallyGuy @ Dec 12 2014, 02:15 PM) *

I'm just saying limiting people to have to choose CAD is limiting the list options in general. I say Tyranids, because that's all I play ever since 2nd ed (have dabled with others but never had the disposable income to really pal anything else)

Yes I am aware that Tyranids can take allies, but they have several negative effects for such

Also what happens about 'new' units that are introduced that are not in a Codex?

But what i am saying unless you have a 7th ed codex army, you are having to take the CAD as one of your options where there may exist other formations that more suit your style of paly

if you have issues with the format of the ATC, have a chat with Dale, he is your Canberra rep

QUOTE(ThatWallyGuy @ Dec 12 2014, 02:19 PM) *

You actually haven't listed any of the Rising Leviathan on your quoted section

Only the Baal Leviathan formations

thats cause they are data slates. Only the campaigns were listed... All data slates were just given the ok, as they are easier to find in one place. we also haven't listed all the codeces/factions either...

--------------------
Community Comp is alive and kicking. Come visit us over at our Facebook Page or out Community Comp Forum and get involved

My Modelling Diaries
+Quote Post
difsta
post Dec 12 2014, 01:24 PM
Post #25

The Travelling Mexican

for a list of the dataslates, feel free to go to the Black Library Website: http://www.blacklibrary.com/games-workshop...ions/Dataslates

--------------------

My Modelling Diaries
+Quote Post
difsta
post Dec 15 2014, 10:19 AM
Post #26

The Travelling Mexican

we have updated Appendix 1: There are no additions here, just split the bullet point about formations into 2 as it was confusing some people as we did not list the data slates.

As new formations come out in campaign books, we will add them, however we may miss some. So please, if you see one, send us a PM, post a question on the ATC Facebook Page and we will attempt to update it ASAP

--------------------

My Modelling Diaries
+Quote Post
difsta
post Feb 10 2015, 10:05 AM
Post #27

The Travelling Mexican

we are currently in the process of updating the player pack with the latest cron changes. Once it is finalised it will be published, but a couple of important items that will be in the new player pack:

1. Lords of War will be limited to 1 per player (only really relevant since the new cron codex)
2. Lords of War will be treated as unique across the team. So only 1 stompa per team, only 1 obelisk per team, etc.

--------------------

My Modelling Diaries
+Quote Post
difsta
post Mar 12 2015, 02:38 PM
Post #28

The Travelling Mexican

we are up to version 17 of the player pack. Most of the versions have been adding in new detachments/formations when codeces/campaigns come out, so no big deal there.

This post has been edited by difsta: Mar 12 2015, 02:38 PM

--------------------

My Modelling Diaries
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2019 - 08:53 PM