Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cybork Body, AFter years, the Orks come back to scare me..
Darkweaver
post Jan 25 2015, 08:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,974

Hallo!

after one year from my first post I am still here! smile.gif

Thing in our small group always go on, with roughly a game or two a months, many projects and cosiderably less time to get them done. smile.gif

I just sold my small collection of Orks to one of the other guys in the group for some bucks and a Leman Russ.

Now he, honestly, informed us he's planning to build a warboss with Cybork Body and Mega Armour to go around in a Battle Wagon.

We found nothing against it in the rules.. but to me and the others members of the gang seems somewhat wrong.
Also the brand new Ork player discovred that tha Mega Arour is not on the "on field active at a time" list, since the 4+ save is not a field but a "post mortem" intervention by medi squigs.. it's the same for the Dodge Saves, but I cannnot remember a dodging model who can have other fixed saves (apart from the Lictor).. while the Mega Amour can be quit a common item.

So, I thought I could ask you here how do you handle this stuff! smile.gif
Have a nice day!

--------------------

Truth is usually just an excuse
for a lack of imagination
---Elim Garak
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Shadowseer
post Jan 25 2015, 09:23 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 15,025

Here is the official Q&A from the WD:

(88) About "WD ENERGY FIELD RULING"
Clearly the Q&A in WD regarding Energy Fields being a field has caused panic and consternation to some, especially some Eldar players. ; ) Anyway, to answer some of the more commonly made points about the ruling:
1. The list of field saves is complete, and things like Dodge and the Medi-Squig save have been left off intentionally. After some discussion we decided that to include was simply illogical (they're clealy *not* fields, after all). In any case, as far as I can recall only Ragnar could possibly combine the Dodge skill with a field, while Medi-Squigs are limited to the Orks who, to be honest, can do with all the help they can get!
2. Psychic power field saves were left off because they need to be cast in order to get them, and can be nullified, both of which mean that when you really, really want the save, you probably won't have it!

So, this clearly states that Orks may use the combination, making a rock 'ard character for a luck-depending army.
+Quote Post
Björn
post Jan 26 2015, 01:02 AM
Post #3

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 13,507

Combining Cybork Body with Mega Armour is a bit strange, how much metal do you want to bolt on him and how is the Medic Squig supposed to do his work? Its not strictly forbidden but Mega Armour + Displacer or Conversion Field is usually enough, the Cybork Body is better matched with a Kustom Force Field to increase his AV.

Anyway, if he comes along in a battlewaggon he is dead anyway if you blow it up...

I don't know, if orks are that luck dependant or in need of help as written in the FAQ, if you really want, you can build a powerful bike based army with Cyboar Nobz ('eavy armour, power sword) with a screen of regular boars.

And if anything fails, bring along 10 Pulsa Rokkits... sleep.gif
+Quote Post
person
post Jan 26 2015, 01:24 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 8,269

QUOTE(Björn @ Jan 26 2015, 01:02 AM) *

I don't know, if orks are that luck dependant or in need of help as written in the FAQ

I agree. You can build a rock hard and very reliable orc army if you just avoid taking all of the funky random stuff in favour of heavy bolters and lascannons. Even leadership issues can be addressed easily.
+Quote Post
Björn
post Jan 26 2015, 06:25 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 13,507

Agreed, coming back to the Cybork Body, I wanted to add, that I used the Cybork Body to great effect for an Ogryn mighty hero, who ripped a tank apart with S 8. Since he can only take 1 Wargear Card, added protection comes along nicely with S 8.
+Quote Post
Orjetax
post Apr 17 2017, 04:45 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 17,485

I used a warboss with megarmor and cybork body recently. I wanted to use my Bob Olley megabot, and that seemed an appropriate representation (though the ogryn hero idea is excellent).

I also wondered "could I do this?" But found no reason not to.

Such a warboss is hard to damage. But expensive. In my game he ended up locked in combat with a space marine captain for half the game (they were still tied up when it ended).

This post has been edited by Orjetax: Apr 17 2017, 04:46 AM
+Quote Post
Orjetax
post Mar 13 2018, 12:48 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 17,485

QUOTE(Björn @ Jan 26 2015, 06:25 PM) *

Agreed, coming back to the Cybork Body, I wanted to add, that I used the Cybork Body to great effect for an Ogryn mighty hero, who ripped a tank apart with S 8. Since he can only take 1 Wargear Card, added protection comes along nicely with S 8.

Just played a game of second edition where I used squats and my friend used my space orks to switch things up a bit. That included the Bob Olley megabot used as an ogryn mighty hero, a suggestion I adopted from your post.

The ogryn mighty hero didn't end up in close combat, but I'm sure I'll try it again next time I play orks. In this game, a max power plasma cannon shot and a lascannon shot took him out.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th July 2018 - 04:36 AM