Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Group North Open Day 2014
Dust Warrior
post Oct 12 2014, 08:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 13,681

For all South Australian gamers Group North Historical Wargames Society is running their annual Open Day on October 26th.

As always this is a good day with a mix of historical and fantasy games being played, both demo and participation. There will also be merchant stalls and our locally famous Bring and Buy table running.

A sample of the games that will be running:
  • SAGA
  • Heavy Gear
  • Dystopian Wars
  • Flames of War Vietnam
  • Malifaux
  • Song of Blades and Heroes
  • Space Hulk
  • Fields of Glory
  • Muskets and Tomahawks
  • DBA
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
straylight
post Oct 26 2014, 06:08 PM
Post #2

ragequitter

Member No.: 72

another excellent open day from the fine folk at GN. I should have taken my camera, to show off the wide range of great games, particularly impressive was he Vietnam FoW game and the centre table of SYW. Just great job all around. many thanks to Marcus for running me through 2 games of DBA and for Ishtar/Ross for running the buy/swap/sell table. I wish I had more time to have a look at the games on show.

I am impressed every time I visit your club.

--------------------
bambi
+Quote Post
SprayAnPray
post Oct 26 2014, 06:12 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 13,772

Any chance of photos? Kinda sad I missed this

--------------------
QUOTE(Demon @ May 14 2015, 02:10 PM) *

I tried to buy a predator and all I got was this lousy drone thing that goes beep occassionally
QUOTE(Dice Array @ Aug 12 2015, 05:28 PM) *

It's important that such men police the forums constantly to save us from ourselves.

+Quote Post
zcar123
post Oct 26 2014, 07:33 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 6,769

Not long been home after another great day visiting GN on there open day, we had a great time and were impressed with the games on show.

The bring and buy table was full of bargains and took some of our money and the THMX terrain was brilliant, looking forward o the bolter being made available to purchase. We are always happy to support open days held by GN and we are all looking forward to the next one (yes I know you guy's need some time to recover).

Guys from Murray Bridge
+Quote Post
Dust Warrior
post Oct 28 2014, 08:17 PM
Post #5

Thanks everyone who showed up. The numbers were down a little this year due to the weather in the morning but I think everyone who turned up had a good time. Even though we were missing some traders the second hall stall was packed all day and cleared out by the end; which is no easy task given how full it was to start with.

It was good to see everyone come into enjoy gaming with the club. For locals who aren't members and are interested in coming in to have a few games before joining we have 4 free visits. You can come in with a mate and game, or get in contact with us to set up something with your favourite game system first.

Photo's will be available on our website shortly. I'll link to them when that happens.
+Quote Post
Dust Warrior
post Oct 28 2014, 10:46 PM
Post #6

And the first lot of photo's are now available at http://www.groupnorth.biz/apps/photos/album?albumid=15763111

I missed a few tables and will try to grab them off other participants.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th June 2019 - 04:56 PM