Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ANUCON2012: 13-14th October, 1500pts friendly tournament (registrations open!)
tau_railgun
post Jul 13 2012, 06:43 PM
Post #21

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 2,747

So... I shouldn't bring 3 Stormravens then? tongue.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Zidi
post Jul 13 2012, 10:08 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 9,522

QUOTE(MrMoo @ Jul 13 2012, 03:21 PM) *

Yeah, that's a concern I have at the moment - like I've said before though, nothing's concrete (except for the date, number of games, and the BBQ) right now, so I might change it as we all get more experience with 6th ed.

Tyranids are screwed either way though... sad.gif

Allowing the Aegis wall and Bastions is one way i've seen proposed elsewhere. Both will fit on near to all deployment scenarios happily without being an issue, and provide the anti-tank requirement.

And yeh, as it stands, Nids can use gun emplacements, but not emplaced guns. (the different being gun emplacements our outside, while emplaced guns are the ones that are on the bastion for example and can auto-fire)
+Quote Post
MarineLizard
post Jul 14 2012, 12:56 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 2,589

Zidi, are you planning on coming to ANUcon?

This post has been edited by MarineLizard: Jul 14 2012, 01:00 AM

--------------------
DON'T FEED THE IBIS YOU MORON
+Quote Post
Zidi
post Jul 14 2012, 01:24 AM
Post #24

QUOTE(MarineLizard @ Jul 14 2012, 12:56 AM) *

Zidi, are you planning on coming to ANUcon?

My dads birthday is the 12th of October and my sisters the 22nd, so i'm thinking about it yeh.
+Quote Post
Darth Eddie
post Jul 14 2012, 10:52 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 8,840

I will have to try to get to this one this year as long as work does not get in the way

--------------------
IF ONE OF MY POSTS UPSETS YOU, GET A TISSUE AND DRY YOUR EYES PRINCESS.

ITS NOT POLITICS, ITS PAINTING.
+Quote Post
MrMoo
post Jul 14 2012, 07:43 PM
Post #26

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,380

QUOTE(Zidi @ Jul 13 2012, 10:08 PM) *

Allowing the Aegis wall and Bastions is one way i've seen proposed elsewhere. Both will fit on near to all deployment scenarios happily without being an issue, and provide the anti-tank requirement.

And yeh, as it stands, Nids can use gun emplacements, but not emplaced guns. (the different being gun emplacements our outside, while emplaced guns are the ones that are on the bastion for example and can auto-fire)

If I do change the "no fortifications" rules, this will probably be what it'll end up as (Aegis walls and Bastions only), but we'll see.

Also, whoops on my part re Tyranids and fortification guns, so I guess they're not quite as screwed re fortifications as I thought. Teach me to post regarding rules without actually looking them up first, especially with a new edition... :S

--------------------
+Quote Post
Zidi
post Jul 17 2012, 01:43 PM
Post #27

QUOTE(MrMoo @ Jul 11 2012, 09:15 PM) *

At the moment (as usual, subject to change, particularly as we all get to grips with the new edition)

Power generation, yes, which discipline you use, no (pick that when you pick your army).

While that reminds me, warlord traits will probably be handled similarly - pick which table when you pick your army (command/personal/strategic), roll before each game.

Essentially, I'd like to move all the more random stuff to per-game, so you won't get screwed over for the whole tournament with a single bad roll.

With the Psychic powers, the way it reads to me is that when generating you have freedom to choose which disciplines you want to roll for before games. I understand the choice of a) Codex powers or b) Rulebook powers

But what is the basis between forcing a choice on rolls as well? As they are random to begin with. Example being if i have a broodlord and roll the power i want from biomacy on my first roll, by the rulebook i'd then be able to take something from telepathy. If i have to specify before i'm liking to choose 2 biomacy, but then i get limited in other respects.
+Quote Post
khrome.knight
post Jul 17 2012, 06:06 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 9,161

I'll be running a tournament in august with basically everything in it (baring fortresses and skyshields but that may change) so I'll let you how it all goes and the results.

--------------------
--------------------------------------
"Tell them ruin has come to their world,
Death despair and red war...
Tell them their hopes and pride have come to nothing,
Tell them their empty whispers fall upon deaf ears - their gods are dead, human reason has killed them,
Tell them the Angels of Death have come,
Tell them nothing can save them now."

-Perturabo, Primarch of the Iron

--------------------------------------
Iron in our hearts, we fight.
Iron in our blood, we rage.
Iron in our minds, we hate.
Iron within, Iron without.

~Motto of Atalleon's Host, former Iron Warriors 11th Grand Company
+Quote Post
MrMoo
post Jul 18 2012, 06:48 PM
Post #29

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,380

QUOTE(Zidi @ Jul 17 2012, 01:43 PM) *

With the Psychic powers, the way it reads to me is that when generating you have freedom to choose which disciplines you want to roll for before games. I understand the choice of a) Codex powers or b) Rulebook powers

But what is the basis between forcing a choice on rolls as well? As they are random to begin with. Example being if i have a broodlord and roll the power i want from biomacy on my first roll, by the rulebook i'd then be able to take something from telepathy. If i have to specify before i'm liking to choose 2 biomacy, but then i get limited in other respects.

Hrm, I'll have to have a think about it (likewise for Warlord Traits) - my intention is to force choices based on army theme and composition and not have "what would be best to take against opponent X" pre-game selections, while still removing the possibility for randomness to screw you over for the entire tournament. Also, choosing disciplines/lores when you pick your army is the way magic works in Warhammer Fantasy, which makes more sense to me.

QUOTE(khrome.knight @ Jul 17 2012, 06:06 PM) *

I'll be running a tournament in august with basically everything in it (baring fortresses and skyshields but that may change) so I'll let you how it all goes and the results.

Cool - that'd be a big help, thanks in advance! biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Zidi
post Jul 19 2012, 09:11 PM
Post #30

QUOTE(MrMoo @ Jul 18 2012, 06:48 PM) *

Hrm, I'll have to have a think about it (likewise for Warlord Traits) - my intention is to force choices based on army theme and composition and not have "what would be best to take against opponent X" pre-game selections, while still removing the possibility for randomness to screw you over for the entire tournament. Also, choosing disciplines/lores when you pick your army is the way magic works in Warhammer Fantasy, which makes more sense to me.

I guess the issue there is that 6th ed rules were made with an eye on the fact that flexibility is possible. What that actually means in practical terms i'm not sure. It my be sensible to do it as you say before hand.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th February 2020 - 10:18 AM