Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thanks to Luke!, ANUCON 40K Appreciation Thread.
Æon
post Sep 22 2014, 01:39 PM
Post #1

Edition Change Skeptic

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 222

I just want to say Thanks again to Luke for a well run tournament and hope everyone had as much fun as me (sorry Dale tongue.gif)

ANUCON 40K has always been a highlight of my hobby and am happy to say it continues to be!

Thanks also has to go to Doug and crew for helping with the BBQ, Brad and Black Cultist for providing prizes, Good Games Canberra for running a practice event for the tournament, and of course everyone who attended the tournament who contributed to the friendly atmosphere (Even Russ with his Daemon engine army tongue.gif)

Thanks also to the people who complimented myself and the club on the high quality/density of the terrain. Seriously considering a second zone mortalis table for next year - post if it is something you might like to see.

--------------------

"Hail ĆON - Slayer of the Scrubs"

Full Disclosure - Yes, I really am a scrub :)

WHFB 8.5 Community FaceBook Group

40K Chapter Unapproved FaceBook Group
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kips
post Sep 22 2014, 03:51 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 14,088

Agreed smile.gif was an amazing fun weekend. I swear I need to check your dice don't have all sixes tongue.gif damn seize the initiative.

Big thanks to all my opponents too. We all got to find out how terrible Lelith is together. Her final kill count was something like 2 necron immortals, 5 guardsmen and 2 space marine bikes.

Worst warlord ever.

I slept for a solid 15 hours after that weekend, between work and man dollies I was completely wrecked.

Cant wait for next year! Bring on 8th edition!!! tongue.gif

--------------------
Check out Slaughterfest
It's ForceZ for ACT/NSW! 5 Games, 750 points, No Comp!

2014... The year of learning to not be a terrible painter >.<
+Quote Post
reshy
post Sep 22 2014, 11:33 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: WargamerAU Sponsor
Member No.: 10,689

Thanks Luke and everyone I played/cpmversed with smile.gif

Last years ANUCON was the best tournie of the year for me, and I'll be very surprised if this years isn't as well smile.gif

Loved all my games, especially the blood bath between Dougall's Nobz and my legion, there were no winners that game, total destruction in the forest of John tongue.gif

I'd be very down for a second zm board, really hoped I got to play on it this year and didnt unfortunately, maybe next time smile.gif

Can't wait for next year already!

This post has been edited by reshy: Sep 22 2014, 11:34 PM
+Quote Post
Viper49
post Oct 13 2014, 12:54 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 14,400

Thanks to Luke for running an awesome event and thanks to all the guys I played and talked with over the weekend. I had an awesome time at ANUcon.

I took a heap of photos of my games and of armies on display plus I did a tournament report on my podcast, called The 2nd Wave Wargaming Podcast. Also thanks to my opponent's and Luke for allowing me to interview you guys over the weekend.

So here's the link for the Podcast's Facebook Page where all the photos from the weekend are posted: The 2nd Wave Wargaming Podcast Facebook page

Also here's the link to the podcast episode with my ANUcon tournament report and interviews: The 2nd Wave Wargaming Podcast Episode 24 - ANUcon Tournament Report and Iyanden Supplement review

--------------------
Scott Devall
The 2nd Wave Podcast - An Australian 40K Podcast

The 2nd Wave Podast's Website

The 2nd Wave Podcast's Facebook Page

The 2nd Wave Podcast's Twitter Page

We are also now on iTunes, just search 'The 2nd Wave Warhammer 40K Podcast' :)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th February 2020 - 11:19 AM