Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Find a Battletech game near you!, The "organize a game in your city/town" thread
punkskum
post Aug 30 2014, 02:25 AM
Post #21

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 7,108

Happy to confirm David and I have been gaming about once a fortnight as time allows, having met through this very thread - I've another gamer interested so if we could have one more from the Melbourne crowd joining the FB group (see signature) or writing to this thread we'll have four regular players - ie the minimum required for a factional campaign.
Not a huge number, but current at time of writing and it's a start, right?
Melbourne CBD, Western suburbs, Auburn/Kew area depending on evening/weekend availability. Neither David nor I drive, I can host in Essendon.
Can provide most terrain and even 'Mechs to any who want to try-before-they-buy....so to speak.

We have been playing a fair bit of Alpha Strike of late but are well versed in 4thed CBT as well if that tickles your fancy.
Hope to hear from you soon
The Divo

This post has been edited by punkskum: Aug 30 2014, 02:31 AM

--------------------
peace? peace are those brief, glorious moments in history when everyone stands about reloading
---------------------------------
PO Box 105
4558 Maroochydore (QLD)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TekStyles
post Jun 3 2017, 10:49 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 14,526

QUOTE(Mango @ Feb 22 2014, 12:10 AM) *

im up at redcliffe, i would be keen for a game at some stage

https://www.facebook.com/groups/123970166222/

QUOTE(dedhed @ Feb 22 2014, 06:45 AM) *

Do you guys @ ACE play "classic" or "alpha strike" or both?

+Quote Post
SaltySpecula
post Mar 4 2019, 10:20 AM
Post #23

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,135

QUOTE(Deb @ May 18 2012, 09:14 AM) *

Sydney, Campbelltown, The Hall of Heroes most weekends, unless I have a game of 40K already pre-planned, so let me know in advance. Matt Reichhardt the owner has my contact details and can get a message to me.

I live 600M from the store so I can bring any extra miniatures and mech data sheets, and even create a few if we need to via Heavy Metal. I have a decent collection, and can play any era, or faction. I have been generally keeping up with rules, and know a few other in the area who play Battletech from time to time.

The are the Southern Battle Gamers, and a couple of wargamer.au members have said they have small groups in the Penrith or Parramatta, and Strathfield/Burwood areas.

I have a mate who runs a tight knit group in Hornsby who play every so often. Invitation to his group is only after he has met you and worked out if you will fit in with the group.

Just wondering, are any of those battletech games still a regular thing in Sydney? If so, I'd be interested in coming along.
+Quote Post
Akenatum
post Apr 11 2019, 10:51 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 5,027

is there anyone in sydney that might be able to start the learning process on battletech?

This post has been edited by Akenatum: Apr 11 2019, 10:56 AM

--------------------
Welcome to the jungle we've got fun and games
+Quote Post
Monkey Nuts
post Apr 11 2019, 08:51 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 17,988

Come taste my laser light-show, Inner Sphere dogs!

IPB Image
+Quote Post
SaltySpecula
post Apr 29 2019, 03:22 PM
Post #26

QUOTE(Akenatum @ Apr 11 2019, 11:51 AM) *

is there anyone in sydney that might be able to start the learning process on battletech?

If you're talking about a full BT campaign, then I am. Where abouts in Sydney are you thinking of hosting it?

This post has been edited by SaltySpecula: Apr 29 2019, 03:23 PM
+Quote Post
Deb
post Apr 29 2019, 07:03 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 5,112

QUOTE(SaltySpecula @ Mar 4 2019, 10:20 AM) *

Just wondering, are any of those battletech games still a regular thing in Sydney? If so, I'd be interested in coming along.

My mates regular Battletech campaign weekends have been terminated since half the group have married and they became dads.

Also I have not played Battletech for a long time ever since I got 3 people to turn up to my Tournament at MOAB after inheriting the tournament from my mates. I worked hard to paint 2 companies of mechs for the themed game, some of which were offered as prizes. I have moved onto Epic and Gaslands, but I still have all my Battletech stuff.

There are also a few regulars I play various games with who also have their Battletech minis stored away.

QUOTE(Akenatum @ Apr 11 2019, 10:51 AM) *

I have everything required to run a tournament, so I can easily teach a novice how to play the game, as well as the combined arms tactics required to win games in the Battletech universe.

P.M. me if you want to organise something. I will most likely be played at the Hall of Heroes on a weekend.

Deb

--------------------
The world is chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms.

Epic Armageddon - Dark Eldar, Sisters of Battle, Squats, Emperor's Children, Vraks Renegades, Dark Mechanicum and Demons, White Scars. Orks (Feral, Gargant Big Mob, Warhorde, Kult of Speed), Sian-Hann/ Biel-Tan/ Iyanden (fully painted) Eldar, Chaos Titans, AMTL, and some knights.

60,000 points of 40K, mostly Emperor's Children Chaos Marine company with some Cultist. Sisters of Perfection Battle force (Slaaneshi Sisters), 30K Thousand Sons, 40K Thousand Sons, Adeptus Arbites and Tzeentch and Slaaneshi Demons and Night Lords Battle Company

Warzone Resurrection - Brotherhood, and Bauhaus all around 8000 points each - All up for sale.

Dystopian Wars - Covenant of Antarctica, Australians, and landing craft. All up for sale
+Quote Post
SaltySpecula
post Apr 30 2019, 09:27 AM
Post #28

QUOTE(Deb @ Apr 29 2019, 08:03 PM) *

My mates regular Battletech campaign weekends have been terminated since half the group have married and they became dads.

Also I have not played Battletech for a long time ever since I got 3 people to turn up to my Tournament at MOAB after inheriting the tournament from my mates. I worked hard to paint 2 companies of mechs for the themed game, some of which were offered as prizes. I have moved onto Epic and Gaslands, but I still have all my Battletech stuff.

There are also a few regulars I play various games with who also have their Battletech minis stored away.
I have everything required to run a tournament, so I can easily teach a novice how to play the game, as well as the combined arms tactics required to win games in the Battletech universe.

P.M. me if you want to organise something. I will most likely be played at the Hall of Heroes on a weekend.

Deb

I'd normally be all over that, but getting to the Hall of Heroes in Campbelltown is a 70km trip each way for me.

Is there anyone on the North Shore that still does BT campaigns?

This post has been edited by SaltySpecula: Apr 30 2019, 12:07 PM
+Quote Post
Monkey Nuts
post May 1 2019, 10:46 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 17,988

IPB Image
+Quote Post
emplion
post Jul 18 2019, 03:29 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 2,795

I've just been told that every second Tuesday night there is battletech on a Jolt Games (Mitchell, Canberra). I was told to find the Jolt games facebook page for details and was also told there is a Canberra Battletech facebook group as well.

--------------------
Paul - boardgamer
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2019 - 04:17 PM