Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Topic of the Week - Top 5 unloved items
N.I.C.K
post Aug 17 2017, 10:23 AM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 5,981

We all know about the top 5 AWESOME items (healing brew, pathfinder, lute). But what about your bottom 5 picks?

Here's my 5:

1. Orcbaine's amulet of thornes - This is more to do with Phalanx in generally as I think it needs a complete rework. Personally I think -1CS on the charge would be more appealing than just getting rid of TC. 35pts is very rich for this.
2. Zephyr crown - Given it only boosts WB by 4 and WB is already ~30pts to buy on most wizards you're looking at 50pts for WB9...........
3. Piercing arrow - Why is it not 5pts like all the other re-roll to hit? If this could be taken on artillery great but right now it's just overpriced for one more potential hit.
4. The Fog - Mainly due to being mispriced. At 20pts I think it's something worth considering.
5. Dragonshard shield - The fact that you can't move makes this a bit of a dud. Squaring off sure you'll be def6 for a turn but then you can't do anything back so they effectively just get a free turn at you at Def6 (yes I know this considers in a vaccum between two units).

--------------------
QUOTE(Ehsteve @ Apr 9 2015, 01:56 PM) *

I have seen that word (fued, fu'ed, and all variants therein) many times in the past few months...what does it mean?

Adjective; Fued: The art of being inherently awesome, having excessive amounts of swag and generally giving zero farks.

Active member of the Infernal Muppets Gaming Club | Tweet @lecopoutking
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
BennyH
post Aug 17 2017, 10:29 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 16,780

QUOTE(N.I.C.K @ Aug 17 2017, 10:23 AM) *

5. Dragonshard shield - The fact that you can't move makes this a bit of a dud. Squaring off sure you'll be def6 for a turn but then you can't do anything back so they effectively just get a free turn at you at Def6 (yes I know this considers in a vaccum between two units).

Just a quick mention on this one, can be awesome on shamblers, can be surged in so you can still fight.
+Quote Post
Spray_n_pray
post Aug 17 2017, 12:10 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,109

I have used the fog before on a horde of dwarf Shieldbreaks, that normally means they get into combat at least once, shooters will go for another target.
Never used dragon shard because they stuff that would stay still are slow and normally def 6 anyway.....
Same with zepher, i never use wb
+Quote Post
Wedgetail
post Aug 18 2017, 09:16 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 17,048

Apparently the amulet of thorns was supposed to give Ensnare but a proofing stuffup meant they gave it Phalanx instead. I would take it with ensnare, but phalanx is not worth it in this meta.

Agree that the zehphyr crown is underpowered, but that's because windblast as a whole is.

The dragonshard shield is too situational I think. If you could pop it while doing a regular move or charge it would be really interesting, but only on a halt or reform I think makes it really too specific.

I very rarely use the cheap shooting items any more, war bow of kaba, flying hammer etc. There are too many great 5pt items now for them to ever get a look in.

--------------------
Wedgetail on Wargaming - battle & tournament reports
+Quote Post
mikecro
post Aug 18 2017, 10:35 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,103

QUOTE(Wedgetail @ Aug 18 2017, 09:16 AM) *

Apparently the amulet of thorns was supposed to give Ensnare but a proofing stuffup meant they gave it Phalanx instead. I would take it with ensnare, but phalanx is not worth it in this meta.

Agree that the zehphyr crown is underpowered, but that's because windblast as a whole is.

The dragonshard shield is too situational I think. If you could pop it while doing a regular move or charge it would be really interesting, but only on a halt or reform I think makes it really too specific.

I very rarely use the cheap shooting items any more, war bow of kaba, flying hammer etc. There are too many great 5pt items now for them to ever get a look in.

Agreed! Brew of healing is the go to 5pt item now smile.gif

--------------------
QUOTE(Stallandor @ Feb 1 2017, 11:19 AM) *
Victoria has its MikeCro. All hail Mikecro, MikeCon, and the the state of Mikecronesia

Vagabonds Club
+Quote Post
Wedgetail
post Aug 18 2017, 10:56 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 17,048

QUOTE(mikecro @ Aug 18 2017, 10:35 AM) *

Agreed! Brew of healing is the go to 5pt item now smile.gif

yup, Brew of healing, then blade of slashing then mace of crushing. If I need more than that there are 15/20 point items that are higher priority so I never see a need for any other 5pt items than these.

--------------------
Wedgetail on Wargaming - battle & tournament reports
+Quote Post
mikecro
post Aug 18 2017, 11:02 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 2,103

QUOTE(Wedgetail @ Aug 18 2017, 10:56 AM) *

yup, Brew of healing, then blade of slashing then mace of crushing. If I need more than that there are 15/20 point items that are higher priority so I never see a need for any other 5pt items than these.

I still see fire oil now and then. But yeah, brew of healing and blade of flashing are the main two now.

--------------------
QUOTE(Stallandor @ Feb 1 2017, 11:19 AM) *
Victoria has its MikeCro. All hail Mikecro, MikeCon, and the the state of Mikecronesia

Vagabonds Club
+Quote Post
Mouseketeer
post Aug 18 2017, 01:54 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 5,032

QUOTE(mikecro @ Aug 18 2017, 11:02 AM) *

I still see fire oil now and then. But yeah, brew of healing and blade of flashing are the main two now.

I have clearly been looking at old magic items... this is superior in every way!

Cheers,
Mouse

--------------------

QUOTE(anarchy.inc @ Jun 4 2015, 07:55 PM) *

In mouse we trust.
+Quote Post
iamlaura88
post Sep 22 2017, 11:31 AM
Post #9

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,736

Thanks for the tip. I have started playing this game and Im loving it. But I am using the fog an it was not a nice item but since I am beginning my journey then I will stick to this for a meantime.

--------------------
Get a an makeup artist that will make you beautiful in your wedding day! Highly recommended Perth Makeup Artist. They provide you the best makeups and will surely provide you great results on your wedding day!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2019 - 06:25 AM