Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Two force weapons?
thekelvingreen
post Apr 2 2017, 08:14 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,500

I have acquired an eldar farseer miniature with two swords and I was going to make one a force sword or witch blade and the other a normal power sword, but then I started wondering if there was any benefit to making them both force swords.

There are some advantages, but I don't know if they are enough to make up for the points cost and the use of wargear slots. What do you all think?

This post has been edited by thekelvingreen: Apr 2 2017, 06:26 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kinsmanalike
post Apr 2 2017, 09:18 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: WargamerAU Sponsor
Member No.: 6,960

You can take both. Only option benefits over a extra power sword thus 2 parties is storing another force card. Probably not worth the points. A singing spear may be worth it depending on the size of game but like you said not modelled on the figure

--------------------
+Quote Post
Björn
post Apr 2 2017, 09:33 AM
Post #3

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 13,507

Just a waste of points imo. Go for witch blade and chainsword if you want to go for double parry, 2 stored force cards and the executioner psychic power. If you want to kill characters with the executioner power you can also get the executioner wargear card for D3 damage (and no double parry).

This post has been edited by Björn: Apr 2 2017, 09:35 AM
+Quote Post
Chaplain_Fortis
post Apr 2 2017, 01:58 PM
Post #4

Authority Bared

Member No.: 4,901

The points aren't that different but the wargear slot is super valuable, especially on a farseer who gets a bunch of really good psychic goodies. Take the first as either the executioner for character hunting or a witchblade and take the second one as a chainsword (or powersword if you can't bring yourself to skim the 4 point difference).

One thing that you might be getting mixed up on is that you don't have to alternate hits in this ruleset. You can for example parry with a power sword and then mash someone's brain in with your power fist using all of the hits you won in combat.

--------------------
Existential memes for nihilistic teens
+Quote Post
thekelvingreen
post Apr 2 2017, 06:35 PM
Post #5

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,500

Thanks everyone, this aligns with my thinking that it's a waste of a wargear slot.

The two-bladed farseer is a nice conversion -- and I got it super cheap! -- but it's a bit awkward in rules terms!
+Quote Post
Chaplain_Fortis
post Apr 2 2017, 07:26 PM
Post #6

Authority Bared

Member No.: 4,901

Nah it's totally fine rules wise. Witchblade in one hand, power sword in the other, 2 parries, S8, stores two warp cards. Seems badass and way better than witchblade and pistol.

--------------------
Existential memes for nihilistic teens
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2020 - 03:25 PM