Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bored., Overpowered ######
Battis
post Mar 21 2016, 09:41 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran
Member No.: 7,675

Bored at work and these forums are dead as ###### so thought I could attempt to create some sort of discussion.

Was thinking about overpowered ###### this morning and had flash backs to when Necrons first bust out on the warhammer 40k scene. They were that broken imo

HQ Nightbringer/Deceiver + OP Lords, Gauss weapons, scarabs + beetle thing, flying bros, monolith they had excellent choices and their only weaknesses were phase out, if you could ever kill enough to make them do that and maybe melee but get close and be savaged by monolith, rapid fire, scarab spam, ######ing flayed ones, immortals and nightbringer. They were just slow not really 'weak' in CC

When they first came out everyone seemed to play them and I guess it was the first time I saw the 'power creep'

What other armies/card/model were broken as ###### when released in your opinion? (Any game system)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Shoots McG
post Mar 21 2016, 08:14 PM
Post #2

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 7,808

Lol, how bored are you, pretty inflamatory topic.

5th Edition 40k Orks were pretty broken, also 7th edition Dark Elves. As long as you were semi intelligent when you wrote your lists they were both pretty broken. Thats pretty much a reflection on the terrible rules more then anything though.

To be honest though, haven't really come across anything that I would deem broken since stopping my involvement with the Games Workshops games though.
+Quote Post
Arch_Magos_Kasen
post Mar 21 2016, 08:23 PM
Post #3

Tomato
Group Icon

Group: WargamerAU Sponsor
Member No.: 6,619

Because I am also bored, let me share with you a story. A story of something dark and terrible.

Back in the glory days of warmachine mark 1, when men were men and kayazy assassins could actually assassinate, there was one unit that brought death and terror to countless tabletops.
They were the bane knights. Quite literally summoned from the eternal darkness, they were ghostly weapon masters with reach. Worse, when you did kill them, they got the last laugh by having another model in the unit teleport 3" and attack one of your not yet activated models. So you could easily lose your whole unit trying to whittle them down.
And you could field thirty of them.

Times have changed. Kids these days don't understand true fear. They weren't there man. They weren't there.

--------------------
Puns about communism aren't funny unless everyone gets them.

Soon there'll be no freedoms left for threatening, then we'll have won the war, take that terrorism! ~ Juice Media
+Quote Post
Battis
post Mar 29 2016, 11:38 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran
Member No.: 7,675

I can't even remember when I started and stopped playing warmachine but I swear everything and anything Cryx related was broken in my eyes.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2019 - 03:50 AM