> World of Tanks thread, part II
WMD
post May 5 2018, 11:52 AM
Post #1361

Not completely Japanese

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 2,959

QUOTE(Master Chris @ May 1 2018, 03:05 PM) *

Haha, maybe that happened and I never noticed (that's how long it's been since I played WOT competitively...almost 5 years).

I think you can just overmatch the roof with any 122mm gun which ironically is every Soviet heavy tank
It was also pretty fun to run it with the stock 76mm gun

I thought the CDC had a brief period when it was a good premium and now is total trash due to its massive size and paper thin armour that is easily overmatch when the T49 and OHO started showing up at tier 8 can rehkt you in a single shot.
I think the new map rotations may have helped slighly when I stopped playing fully half the maps were all city maps, idea brawling grounds for Heavy tanks.

This post has been edited by WMD: May 5 2018, 12:14 PM

--------------------

Where hes wrong is that we went into Iraq at the invitation of the government, not as an invasion.
Were in Iraq as the result of a democracy asking for us to come in there. Its not an invasion.
Dic_ Morris - Fox News Aug 22nd, 2008

: Some Americans have the memory of a ******* GoldFish :

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Blackhearts Reaver
post May 8 2018, 04:35 AM
Post #1362

Member No.: 446

Yeah I only got the CDC to mountain goat the hill maps and then they put rocks on everything cos it was to bull###### sniping from Eagle nests and stupid fat hvs (Russian crap with no elevation) could never work out how to get there....

This post has been edited by Blackhearts Reaver: May 8 2018, 04:37 AM

--------------------
Run local tourneys, Make terrain. 75,000+ pts...Play 1-3 games a week...(40K,BFG,BB,FoW).
Good Trader +149 .....QLD Masters: 1st/14(Tau), 1st/12(Daemons), 4th/15(Daemons), 1st/16(Orks), 2nd/15? (IG), 6th/22(Eldar).
AUS ranking=briefly No.1. :) ATC2011=QLD team ChampionsATC2012=QLD 5th
Retired from Competitive play sometime early? 2013

Try to be positive and help... not negative and tear things down.

"I passionately believe that's it's not just what you say that counts, it's also how you say it - that the success of your argument critically depends on your manner of presenting it." Alain de Botton
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post May 8 2018, 11:10 AM
Post #1363

Member No.: 4,171

Played a few rounds of Frontline last night.

Feels pretty cool, with the defined Attacker and Defender teams I think you get a better definition of tank roles, especially on the huge 9km map. Though I don't think there's enough cover for Scouts to do good work.

I'm yet to see the Attackers win, though. I imagine that a coordinated team would do well, though.

--------------------
Everything that existed before I was born is irrelevant, everything that exists after I die is lucky.
+Quote Post
Blackhearts Reaver
post May 9 2018, 05:58 AM
Post #1364

I have seen attackers win several times including one where i helped destroy 2 turrets. It really just involves enough of a team pushing one side and then swapping alleys.... Pushing another side as the defenders get stuck holding one side after a massive push before they realise the attackers have swapped and pushed thru another side to the turrets.

--------------------
Run local tourneys, Make terrain. 75,000+ pts...Play 1-3 games a week...(40K,BFG,BB,FoW).
Good Trader +149 .....QLD Masters: 1st/14(Tau), 1st/12(Daemons), 4th/15(Daemons), 1st/16(Orks), 2nd/15? (IG), 6th/22(Eldar).

"I passionately believe that's it's not just what you say that counts, it's also how you say it - that the success of your argument critically depends on your manner of presenting it." Alain de Botton
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post May 9 2018, 09:10 AM
Post #1365

Yeah, sounds like it takes coordination to juggle alleys one step ahead of the Defenders.

Played another 2-3 rounds last night, all Defender victories again but 2 of them were close run things, with at least one turret destroyed by game end.

Artillery is boring but also super safe and reliable. My Lorraine 150 50 is doing God's work when I deploy it.

Trying to decide if I shell out 2.5 million to re-purchase a tier 8 I have previously mastered, drop some 100% crew into it and wreck face. Just trying to decide what the best Tier 8s for this game mode are...

--------------------
Everything that existed before I was born is irrelevant, everything that exists after I die is lucky.
+Quote Post
WMD
post May 9 2018, 12:12 PM
Post #1366

Not completely Japanese

^ wait for tank sale
Iam stopped selling my tier 6-10 tanks once the premium tank mission came out, now garage is ridiclous I think its around 140 tanks Credits are easy to come by these days anyways with constant free consumeables. Arty is pretty boring though just find some slow heavy and annoy him for the entire match.

--------------------

Where hes wrong is that we went into Iraq at the invitation of the government, not as an invasion.
Were in Iraq as the result of a democracy asking for us to come in there. Its not an invasion.

+Quote Post
Krefey
post May 9 2018, 12:57 PM
Post #1367

Authoritarian Forum Dictator
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 98

I have no idea how many tanks I have. But it's a lot.

--------------------
The Hobby Transporter is beginning to ship to backers! Keep an eye out for it going live on the Laser Shark Designs website!

www.celestial-lions.net

Laser Shark Designs
Webstore
Offering custom laser cut goods for your gaming needs :)
(I'm just starting out, but would welcome requests / input)
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post May 14 2018, 03:23 PM
Post #1368

75 garage slots used for me, apparently.

Anyone played the Centurion 5/1 yet?

I'm a sucker for Australiana in this game, so I'm very tempted. Issue is, I don't know if I really need it as a training tank. I have the Cromwell and am very happy with it but I'm not 100% sold on the rest of the British medium line.

Anyone have an opinion on the matter?

--------------------
+Quote Post
WMD
post May 14 2018, 04:02 PM
Post #1369

Not completely Japanese

I have a free FV4202 the difference is the superior turret with an additional 54mm of turret Armour. Its the top turret of the tier 9. You can hull down with it and it has a reasonable chance of bouncing shots. It has a slightly higher DPM as well. Its superior to the free FV4202

But if your going to spend crash, as this is going to be a cash only tank I would rather have a Defender or Patriot instead.
You should continue playing the British Mediums, the comet was amazing when it first came out and the Centurion 7/1 is still a very solid tier 9.

This post has been edited by WMD: May 14 2018, 04:13 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Blackhearts Reaver
post May 14 2018, 05:14 PM
Post #1370

I disagree the Comet is a Piece of crap (I dont care what Quickybaby says....). it need 30 more pen or 50 more alpha or 10km more speed to be useful. ( I am a dedicated med light player). Its best gun is really just a good tier6 gun..... the DPM is great but it doesn't mater when you are getting penntrated every hit (weak armour) in return for 390....

The tier8 centurion1 we only ever use in Cw's in very select ridge grinding sniping with a need for a little more speed to get back to reset/relocate or such... (usually use 26E5 over it only slightly slower).
The tier10 is better value and would be used in strats for ridge grinding too. Its turret is worthy of tier10 with speed and good DPM/gun depression/resetting potential. (over other ridgegrinders like the STB1 etc)

This post has been edited by Blackhearts Reaver: May 14 2018, 05:21 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Herald
post May 17 2018, 03:24 PM
Post #1371

Professional slacker

Member No.: 7,589

Wargaming have released a premium KV-2 with a 40k Valhallan IG skin. They've also released a Mordian skin for the BDR.

--------------------

Think on it.
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post May 17 2018, 04:12 PM
Post #1372

Please tell me the premium KV2 is running the derp?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Herald
post May 17 2018, 04:22 PM
Post #1373

Professional slacker

Member No.: 7,589

Of course.

--------------------

Think on it.
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post May 17 2018, 04:30 PM
Post #1374

It's been a long time since I've dropped $40+ on a premium tank...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post May 21 2018, 12:51 PM
Post #1375

KV-2 Premium is pretty cool.

While the accuracy on the game is low you've still got that lovely 50-50 chance of one-shotting basically anything the round touches. Any tank that survives almost inevitably ######s the bed and runs for cover, which is a good feeling.

Still working on the Campaign missions for the STUG. Just need 2 HT missions, 1 LT, 2 TD and we're good.

--------------------
+Quote Post
WMD
post May 24 2018, 04:14 PM
Post #1376

Not completely Japanese

Are they going to turn all the preferred MM tanks into normal tanks ?
KV5 is getting buffed and losing its preferred MM, making the R2D2 into 200mm of Armour seems to be pretty crazy as it removes the frontal weakspot and it get 212 mm of AP pen

I also see they have the T14 for sale for cash only, what is the point of removing it from the store only to have it for sale for cash ?

--------------------

+Quote Post

69 Pages V « < 67 68 69
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2018 - 03:07 PM