Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dogs of War! A Kings of War Charity Tournament! 10 November, Melbourne
Spartacusjsmith
post Sep 17 2018, 02:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,668

Excuse the long post.

My partner and I have been fostering animals through various rescue groups around Melbourne for over three years. It’s a rewarding, challenging, sometimes heartbreaking experience but we’ve loved each and every fur baby that’s come through our door. Sometimes they’re with us for a second, sometimes a night and often much longer. Many of these animals have been through a tough time and often have the scars to prove it. We teach them to love the world and those living in it again. Show them not to be afraid and to be the perfect companion, carer, friend to those looking to adopt. We cry every time one leaves our care but know they have found a home for life.

But unfortunately many of these neglected creatures will never find a home. Overcrowded pounds, kennels and a limited number of foster parents, means far too many have their lives cut tragically short. So often my partner receives urgent messages during the night about a puppy on death row. But our home is small, our rental agreement permits only one animal and the animal we have may be too anxious or afraid to live with another fur baby. In special cases, the rescue group will pay for a dog sitter or a kennel. But these are temporary measures and are financially unsustainable. And if a foster or permanent home isn’t found then the rescue group is left with no other option. 😞

So lets support local charities while playing with toy soldiers!

I'm running a tournament at House of War 10 November in Melbourne with proceeds going to Pet Rescue Australia!

The format shall be 3 rounds, 2000pts, rules from the latest CoK.

Entry is $5. Yes that's right, only $5!

And just to spice things up, for every $5 above entry fee you donate also grants you a single dice re-roll for the day and there is no limit to how much you can donate! For example, if you pay $20, this enters you into the event, gives you three entries into the raffle AND three re-rolls to use during the day!

And if you can't attend the event, no worries! Every $5 you donate goes to Pet Rescue and enters you into the raffle for some kick ass prizes!

please send the initial $5 entry to me via paypal at kevin.g.hamilton@outlook.com and any additional donations/raffle draws to my everyday hero page.

Link to the fundraising event is here, very simple process and can be paid through PayPal. Keep your receipts for tax time!
https://petrescue-create-your-own.everydayh.../au/dogs-of-war

Link to the fbk event can be found here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/285580378707124/

Lastly, donations for the raffle are more than welcome!

Looking forward to seeing you all there!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2020 - 06:16 PM