Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I have started a new Epic army - Necrons, 3D prints and trolls under the bridge.
Deb
post Sep 27 2019, 09:31 AM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 5,112

I have had to turn to my new 3D printer. Surprisingly the quality of the prints are quite good. It took ages to get things working correctly, however I have printed 5 Monoliths, 4 Support Pylons, 1 Gauss Pylon, 6 Heavy Destroyers, 4 Destroyers, and a Harvester Spaceship.

I have plans for another Gauss Pylon, 4 more Monoliths, a Nightbringer/C'tan, 6 Obelisks, 6 Wraiths, and if I can get them to print so they deflash without destroying them, 6 Ghost Arks.

I also want to find the 3D print files for NIght Scythes, Night Shrouds, Doom Scythes, Tomb Blades, the Tomb Complex.

I have found files for the Abattoir, the Warbarque, and the Aeonic Orb., but these are buy files from a website, or I have to get them from Shapeways.

As to the infantry, which I have found my 3D printer does not print without also printing so much support that the minis get destroyed while deflashing them, I have resorted to Trolls under the Bridge, as they have suitable proxies for warriors, lords, immortals, flayed ones, Wraiths, and Pariahs and Triarch stalkers as well.

I believe the Anhilation Barge will be hard to find a 3D print file and prit it properly, so I think I will want to find a suitable proxy from a 3rd party.

I hope to put photos up once I get the first order of infantry from Trolls, and enough of the other units printed and undercoated to make a 3000 point list.

I have just made a second order from Trolls under the Bridge, which completes my infantry, and the stalkers.

This post has been edited by Deb: Sep 27 2019, 09:46 AM

--------------------
The world is chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms.

Epic Armageddon - Dark Eldar, Sisters of Battle, Squats, Emperor's Children, Vraks Renegades, Dark Mechanicum and Demons, White Scars. Orks (Feral, Gargant Big Mob, Warhorde, Kult of Speed), Sian-Hann/ Biel-Tan/ Iyanden (fully painted) Eldar, Chaos Titans, AMTL, and some knights.

60,000 points of 40K, mostly Emperor's Children Chaos Marine company with some Cultist. Sisters of Perfection Battle force (Slaaneshi Sisters), 30K Thousand Sons, 40K Thousand Sons, Adeptus Arbites and Tzeentch and Slaaneshi Demons and Night Lords Battle Company

Warzone Resurrection - Brotherhood, and Bauhaus all around 8000 points each - All up for sale.

Dystopian Wars - Covenant of Antarctica, Australians, and landing craft. All up for sale
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JumpingJehovah
post Sep 27 2019, 10:04 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 53

Awesome work Deb, I think you'll find Necrons a whole new kettle of fish than any other army in Epic.
Can't wait to see some photos!

- Kendall
+Quote Post
fruitbat
post Sep 30 2019, 08:02 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 95

Nice work Deb. Hope to see them at Cancon in January!
+Quote Post
WMD
post Sep 30 2019, 04:00 PM
Post #4

Not completely Japanese

Member No.: 2,959

Any chance of posting up some pics ?

--------------------

Where he’s wrong is that we went into Iraq at the invitation of the government, not as an invasion.
We’re in Iraq as the result of a democracy asking for us to come in there. It’s not an invasion.
Dic_ Morris - Fox News Aug 22nd, 2008

: Some Americans have the memory of a ******* GoldFish :

+Quote Post
Deb
post Oct 3 2019, 09:33 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(WMD @ Sep 30 2019, 04:00 PM) *

Any chance of posting up some pics ?

O.K. some photos, but a lot of it is still unpainted, not even undercoated. only 3 bases of infantry are based. I still have to print one more quarter of the Abbatoir.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

--------------------
The world is chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms.

Epic Armageddon - Dark Eldar, Sisters of Battle, Squats, Emperor's Children, Vraks Renegades, Dark Mechanicum and Demons, White Scars. Orks (Feral, Gargant Big Mob, Warhorde, Kult of Speed), Sian-Hann/ Biel-Tan/ Iyanden (fully painted) Eldar, Chaos Titans, AMTL, and some knights.

60,000 points of 40K, mostly Emperor's Children Chaos Marine company with some Cultist. Sisters of Perfection Battle force (Slaaneshi Sisters), 30K Thousand Sons, 40K Thousand Sons, Adeptus Arbites and Tzeentch and Slaaneshi Demons and Night Lords Battle Company

Warzone Resurrection - Brotherhood, and Bauhaus all around 8000 points each - All up for sale.

Dystopian Wars - Covenant of Antarctica, Australians, and landing craft. All up for sale
+Quote Post
Deb
post Oct 6 2019, 01:24 PM
Post #6

I am going to start up a Modelling Diaries topic for the army photos.

Link to follow:

http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=191978

This post has been edited by Deb: Oct 6 2019, 01:57 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2019 - 06:41 AM