> Admonitions of a Suss Sufferer: Mark 2, all about Mark 3
Angry_Norway
post Dec 19 2018, 02:16 PM
Post #661

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 10,012

Game 383 - Jaga Jaga1 (WWfF) vs Lucas1 (MO) - Stub
Mirage

Forgot photo and played with the same strategic oversight as the Dodo high command, so this can be a shorty. Also I'm super keen to try some Disciples of Agony and put down Arkadius/crap second list for a bit. Why have one bad list when I can double down? Gia is such a bitch, this seson can't end well for her. Anything but V, loathe that person.

Threw down Mirage because it feels like I haven't played it for a while. Lost first turn, Lucas has a pair of chew chew trains. I get super gravitated on teh idea that the Dracodile will blind a train on teh bottom of one, alas it's an ants sex swing pendulum range short and I again do my classic Dracodile move of doing it anyway to hit one of the arc node jacks.

The return on the top of 2 is that the Dracodile gets his by Disintegration and a Dragon arm debuff rocket and straight up evaporates. Damn.

Bottom of 2 Boomies run up and explode with Jaga feat, my thinking is that I'll kill a train, hold up the other one, hide the piggies behind the obstruction and hope for a Ghostly assassination.

I don't even maange to pop the train alas, the efaarits roll low and the lsit just can't handle losing the Dracodile trivially at all. Gun lines bad for Jaga, which I knew intellectually and now also in my broken spirit.

Top of 3, one of the lights moves up and crit knockdowns the Bullsnappers, allowing Lucas to use the whatsit Force spell to push Greygore into Jaga. A few more pew pews from feating and down she goes.

Kinda reminds me of why I wanted Barny2 Super Soloing to be worth it. Alas. Should probably also move beyond the Skorne Gargs, but dammit, I assembled that godforsaken Hydra, I'm going to put it on the table. Or Nemo3. Or Minion unit spam.

I'm so decisive I could be an Aussie political party working out its leadership.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post Dec 20 2018, 09:40 AM
Post #662

Member No.: 4,171

Affie or, like, Batesy running the Merc pair that got first?

Interesting that you had a Minion-off on one of the two top-tables. smile.gif

You got lists sorted for Cancon yet?

--------------------
Everything that existed before I was born is irrelevant, everything that exists after I die is lucky.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Dec 20 2018, 09:42 AM
Post #663

QUOTE(Master Chris @ Dec 20 2018, 09:40 AM) *

Affie or, like, Batesy running the Merc pair that got first?

Interesting that you had a Minion-off on one of the two top-tables. smile.gif

You got lists sorted for Cancon yet?

Affie and god no
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Dec 28 2018, 08:37 PM
Post #664

Game 384 - Naaresh1 (DoA) vs Deneghra1 (BI) - 50 points
Invasion

If your going to use board games to infer a global conspiracy of supreme evil, whatever, I'll listen for the laugh. When your choices of games are Risk and Monopoly though....your board game nights must be ######e.

This time around it's time to finally bust out something different, yet still with a bunch of Averagions (Not really playing well enough at the moment for the usual "win" prefix).

There's a Hydra because dammit I want to play with it. Naaresh because the Morghoul list was more models and thus more work.

50 points is weird list making wise, you basically don't have any room for wasted models. Or you could just take your 75 point list and cut out a bunch of stuff, more on that later.

Dammit, go away spell editing advertising. If I have no mistakes that's a sign that I've been kidnapped.

Denny1 with jacks. Hmmm.....probably don't have enough heavy hitting on my end? Then again they armour values are mostly trash. We'll see. Also Aikios with a pair of Stalkers, so that stuff just has to die.

I lose the die roll, get given first. This means Denny gets a foresty fortress to hide behind, so that's disappointing for the poor dream of spraying her to death. Otherwise major terrain is a central fog bank and an obstruction in the right zone, plus some other stuff that doesn't end up having an effect.

Some proxies here, plus my Naaresh is unpainted, for I am the worst. Got some Steelhead Halberdiers around as paingivers and Cephalyx dudes as Taskmasters. Enemy Ogrun mechanic dudes are repped by three bonejacks.

IPB Image
Round 1: Hydra runs up the centre, Shamblers go up each side. Lamentation is up, Blur is on the Hydra.

Aikos and Stalkers are out on the left, the jacks super far forward and hiding behind a forest, mini-caster fella behind the wall. The Heavy Cryx jacks dive up evenly with Deathjack-jack-jacky on the right toeing behind the obstruction. One Arcnode goes goes central, the other wings out on the right near the Ogrun bois.

IPB Image
Skorne 2: Most stuff purposely stayed out of Hydra advance and spray range. Boo. Aikiasoi (Whatever his name is) is half an inch out.

There's a country song with basically the biggest hit makers in it (AFAIK, I don't know the genre). Each start of the verse basically goes:
Willy Nelson - "I was a Highwaymen..."
Wayon Jennings - "I was a Sailor..."
Kris Kristofferson - "I was a Dam Builder..."
Johnny Cash - ###### ya'll, dream bigger. "I FLY A STARSHIP...."
Cracks me up.

It's basically time to futz around and brace for impact. Naaresh shuffles to the bottom of the central zone and feats, the Hydra going to toe the left zone while a Bone Swarm moves up in threat range of Cryx heavies to try to draw them in. Shamblers run around on the left and right to engage stuff.

IPB Image
Cryx 2: Leftwise, Aioky goes behind the forest, the Stalkers have a go at coming in, a Shambler gets a freak freestrike on one and takes out an arm and a cortex, so that was a glorious surprise. The second goes into the bounce swarm and bounces off its pot provided corpses and Naaresh feat, Shambler spacing saving the pot and Bokor from being sniped out. An Arc Node runs behind the wall.

Centrally a Seether comes forward and eats the Boneswarm offering. Alas poor bone pile, we hardly knew you.

Lamentation stops Denny and Deathjack playing around, instead she stays behind her forest and the disc spinner ate some Shamblers.

Still very much in the threat range dance game, ergo no ones scoring in this scenario at this point.

IPB Image
Skorne 3: Top of 3 and no scores, so priority is start getting some points on the board. Certainly don't have enough pieces to carry out much an attrition struggle, not with Crippling Grasp and Withering on the board.

Left wise the Bokor burns most of his available swampy zombie henchfellas to kill one of the Stalkers, this frees up a Bone Swarm to walk through the forest and eat Aikaoiseousifer.
The paingivers walk around, one toes the central zone to see if the Seether will counter charge and let the Hydra eat it without DJ or the other Seether coming in. Sadly obvious trap is obvious, so the Hydra toes back a little (Here's hoping a single Seether doesn't kill the Gargantuan....eep.....'ol Hydie then sprays down the arc node that was the last contesting piece on the left zone.
Ingeniously no unit can get into that zone, so Naaresh hikes up his dress and runs to the left (Not judging, nothing wrong with enjoying a breeze around ye nethers).

Rightwise the Taskmaster moves up and gives the right Shamblers a motivational speech that improves their strength (A pic of a cat clutching a branch with the words "hold on" is the real form of steroid).
Bokor goes into DJ, somewhat embarrasses himself, knocking out one arm. In the midst of loads of repair dudes. Not my greatest plan on that one.

I score the left, now 1-0.

IPB Image
Cryx 3: Denny stays bravely cowering behind the forest of protection, pops feat on the Hydra and some bits that don't matter massively.

Sure enough the Seether goes into the Hydra, schlubs it a bit. Ergo only does 2/3rds of his health. Hmmmm. This seems bad.
The other Seether twiddles a bit, not keen to run up and lose the piece trade game.

On the R-r-r-r-r-r-r-riiighhhhht (Can't roll my R's in real life, LET ME HAVE MY FANTASY) the arc node pops the task master, DJ eats the Bokor and gets healed up a bunch.

We both score our circle zone, now 2-1.

IPB Image
Skorne 4: Let the heal off commence!

Paingivers, Naaresh burning some of his stack and hyper regen all trigger on the Hydra, it'll be along road until it can face tank another heavy though. It does eat the Seether,so that was nice.
The remaining Bone swarm moves up to the top of my zone, intent being to threaten the enemy objective.

A Taskmaster runs to my back wall, ready to contest the Cryx side in future turns.

Both score our Squirtles, 3-2. It's all about who can do some throw away contesting in a game of Heavies chicken. Ace in the hole has to be the Spirit Cauldron, who starts moving across with the intent to drag in DJ in a couple rounds.

IPB Image
Cryx 4: The Arc Node shuffles up and kills the Task Master off a lucky scatter. Mean.

Seether charges into the Bone Swarm, sadly doesn't tag the zone to contest. Beats the....unliving...marrow I guess....out of the Bone Swarm. DJ keeps getting dem heals.

Both zones, yada yada, 4-3.

IPB Image
Skorne 5: I have a dream. If the bokor can stationary the top Seether, then Naaresh can do some free attacks and Cyclone retreat. Accept he can't navigate the forest, so that dream was brief at best.

Hydra moves up, sprays down the objective, half cripples the Seether. Naaresh goes in, fails to finish the job. Imph. Cyclones away, freestrike misses.

Now 6-4. You'd think we were playing Spread The Net.

IPB Image
Up to Skorne 7: The sides keep scoring, however the Seether is to crippled to do much, DJ comes in to pop the objective and can't quite get a safe spot with limited clock remaining so the Hydra eats it and Cryx concedes with no viable assassination path (Bokor killed the last Arc Node).

Stuff. Hydra no likey Cryx. Shamblers need friendly bodies. Double pot + one Shamblers + x points of living models probably the best base line Disciple load out.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Jan 29 2019, 11:28 AM
Post #665

Alrighty, lot of stuff going on, reports are going to default to stubs most of the time at this point. Plus I'm doing a lot of screwing around rather than doing good consistent gameplay anyway, so this is a mercy for my future sojourns down vague-recall-past-events-avenue (the memory function of facebook exists so I can delete the #### I used to post).

Game 385 - Morghoul1 (DoA) vs Wurmwood1 (DH)

Thing about Cyclop Shamans is they're pretty neat, it's a pew pew that ignores everything bar stealth. Fix that by throwing in some Mist Speakers. Hmmm.....sure would suck if they missed though. Better add some Cauldrons for Puppet Strings. Add some more Shamans for extra shots. Throw in Blindwalker to arc Torment casting and stop pesky transfers.

All in all the list is a horribly bloated mess relying on a limited attack gimmick.Wurmwood is tough enough to not care about the POW 12's really. The net result being that our stuff ran at each other, I get to kill key components (Shifting Stone, Cassius, Gallows Groves, Lord of the Feast) yet don't have the meat and substance to deal with the Tharn just moving around and attacking whatever is near to them, critically Caul (Or..Bridget? The bigger one of the character duo) ended up just swanning forward and contesting my defensive rectangle and I could do very little about it. Morghoul ran forward with feat desperate to press the issue, ultimately I got easily and quickly scenario'd out.

IPB Image
Just before my last turn, Wurmwood is stuck behind that obstruction. Circle is in proxy heaven.

Game 386 - Durgen1 (Irr) vs Old Witch3 (BitN)

Mid week pick up game! Random Skornio's has failed me, bored of Arkadius for the moment, don't enjoy playing Ossrum. Let's dig out some ......"sweet" trash Mercs.

Conceivably the worst list I've ever made. Durgen. Sylyss. Avalancher. Rockram. Mix of 7 Bunnies. The collection of buddy duos (Herne/Jonne, Aiyanna/Holt, LYNUS/EDREA). Pair of Eliminators to have some models that make sense aside from the Bunnies.

Into Windstorm. Nuts. Old Witch moves up swarms of dudes. Durgen moves up, the Grymkin models are so bunched up the AoE 5 pops.....11 dudes I think? Basically the attrition win is in the bag with that one cast, Bunnies run around Durgen to try to shield him. Grymkin nut out an assassination, which is basically Old Witch Charging Durgen. Kills him to the box with the last available attack.

IPB Image

This list is so trash it doesn't need examination.

Game 387 - Durgen1 (Irr) vs Skarre1 (DI)

The thing about having a follow up game on the same night is that it means you take your trash list and cut it down to 50 points. Into the Carapace Cryx. Hmmm.

Fortunately it had a bunch of not super cheap jacks and Eiryss spent the game disrupting Death Jack, with enough boosted attack rolls on Harmed jacks the attrition game swings my way and that's about it. Durgen still garbage.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Jan 31 2019, 07:40 PM
Post #666

Game 388 to 391 - Cancon Masters With Trash mercs (MacBain/Durgen)

It's the big event of the year as we are roasted to death at the arse end of the Earth.

Games! ######ty FOMO buying options! Friends! Escape from the drudgery of our day to day existence as we march to our coffins! A big stack of the underrated Lovecraft Letter!

Mostly felt apathy, haven't been enjoying the games massively of late. Community needs to grow, have sadly determined that I get no joy from teaching and that drive to the game store is more and more not looking worth the resulting activities.

Intent going in is to play some hot garbage MacBain/Durgen (Bored of Arkadius, probably the caster I play best in the current ruleset ['twas Gortenback when he could be thrown by non-Grogspar]), look at some other games to pickup for a couple months and see how I'm going.

MacBain has a Gall-won because I want to sodding use the model. Otherwise double Press Gangers, Alexia1, Aiyanna + Holt, various solos and for no particular reason the Devil's Shadow Mutineers. Well, the reason being I never use the models. Solos are Eiryss1, Kell, Eilish, Hawk. Mostly so I can kill the Hellmouths before I get crushed by Primal Terrors.

Durgen is the same jack heavy crap fest from the previous pair of casual games with him. Also the list that has had games, so it's clearly what I should drop into games. Except it isn't, it's so garbage it might as well be a presidential candidate.

ROUND NUMERO UNO: Just need to draw some scrub like the current me and we'll be sweet.
MacBain vs Sturm and Drang on Standoff

Sod, it's Azahul. Sigh. Time to go down early while on fire. He did a detailed writeup that looks accurate, you can find it at http://lormahordes.freeforums.net/post/126534/thread
The infantry spam ring rust is real, he's dropping a Sturm and Drang that is just so Azahul of Will Work for Food lessers, including Mire with a Dracodile. List basically has shield guards, rough terrain and preventative upkeeps to just keep pounding sand. Getting first lets me jam up, I try for the scenario play alas ultimately the Press Gangers aren't hardy enough and it all crumbles away. There's a few turns of killing pieces alas I drop off on attrition and clock, the end result not really being in doubt after the opening exchanges and the feats being blown.

To the funsies bracket!

ROUND THE SECOND, BEING THAT IT OCCURED AFTER THE 1ST YET BEFORE THE 3RD
MacBain vs Mckay, Epic Pit

I won the roll and nabbed first. Opposing list is pair of trains, the choo choo lady herself, triple Toro, the support artillery stuff, Prospero with an arc node jack.

Importantly, it's not sodding Sylvestro so the upkeeps work. Plan is dodge Purifiers, so everything is slinky (I believe he wasn't in the pairing, other list being....Locke?).

The centre of the board is a yawning expanse of openness aside from a 4 inch cloud template, such that an Agoraphobiac spider wouold shrivel upon itself. There also thankfully isn't anything impeding my travel forward to much and lack of Vulcan means I can live the "feat is relatively usable" dream. Basically what we all hope for with our casters right?

Pressgangers run forward, about four from each unit going into range of the trackless tanks. Thinking being I can lose that many and keep countermeasures useable. Plus they become Risen, which is nice. Alexia hides behind the cloud, Eiryss hides behind a backfield forest with MacBain to ensure safety.
The otherwise blankness of the centre table means the Guard have to be blocked in for hte scenario threat to happen, slowing them down with pot shots is intended towards that end.

Sure enough bottom of 1 involves the Railless putting forward and flinging out some shots, half a dozen Pressgangers almost-willingly give their lives for the cause. The Toros move up in front in a spread of vague Counter Charge overlap fields. McKay throws Return Fire on all the Thomas Engines.

Top of two plan is to feat and jam. There is one fatal flaw in this plan, being that Prospero's little jack has dispel on his attacks so has to be killed.

Pressgangers have to be feated on and run up first, no other way to clear back board positioning. The Toro countercharges were stopped by Risen baiting, the thinking being that a charge probably gives me a good harpoon target.

Gallwon moves up and pew pews the light jack. Does a bunch of damage. Thrall Warrior charges in to finish it off, leaves it on one box.

Balls.

Well, Countermeasure Jam plan is looking bad, Alexia and Eiryss move up to the centre with feat tokens on for the assassination attempt.

Cruci-lames go, Mckay off the bat tries some shots. Is stopped by Countermeasures, so that was nice. She puts Failsafe on Prospero's jack. It had a box of Cortex left, so does a boosted attack roll on a Countermeasured Press Ganger. Misses. Glorious.

That attack roll causes big conniptions. Models jiggle and juggle around, some irrelevant models die yet ultimately the only play of note is a side train bulldozing an Eliminator away to get to the right rectangle that I've foolishly not contested properly, so it kills the objective and scores another point. Whoops. Foolish placement of a Boomhowler Grunt also means I don't score the centre, lack of battlegroup models means the left zone isn't scored. I'm doing so well.

In any event the atrocious scenario play is irrelevant. No shield guards in the opposing list, Eirys is actually in a position to aim and Disruptor bolt McKay, Kell and Press gangers scratch her up, Galleon has max focus and shoots her down to the box. Pretty sure I had MacBain's gun and a charging Thrall Warrior to go.

ROUND MENAGE A TROIS MINUS THE STICKY BITS (But not the fun!)
MacBain vs Magnus2, Invasion

Look, Durgen is just trash alright! Even moreso in the terribad list I made for this event!

Into another Mercs player who is also shunning Ossrum, though I fail to remember the pairing. Whatever it was I very much expected the Maggy2 jack spam drop, Irregulars with double Nomad, three Toros, Eliminators, Gorman, Anastasia, Hutchuck, Aiyanna/Holt. Sodding Unyielding. Oh, Ninja Pig. Knew I was forgetting something.

I think I win the roll and get first? Yeah, that sounds near enough. 50% chance of accuracy or so.

My table side has a trench on the right and some inconvenient water, whereas the enemy Mercies have a small rear forest and a big diagonal one that cuts through half the left zone.

The Galleon lines up to deal with that patch of water. Awkwardly this plonks him in the lane of the large forest which can be used to hide heavies to come whirling in and do some juicy murder on his great landshipness.

My stuff runs up, the Press Ganger units split up on either side of the watery mess. Galleon moves up. MacBain casts Fail Safe on the Galleon, Countermeasures on a Press Ganger unit and Fortune somewhere for giggles.
Devil's Shadow Mutineers go up the left flank. Eliminator unit holds back, they need to be kept safe to please Gandalf and run in on Magnus2's feat to contest as required.

In reply the enemy traitor Mercs (What is this City State madness?!) run up, Eliminators on each flank.
Ninja Pig holds back as the jacks split up in a random assortment. Most noteworthy is that Magnus, Gorman and two of the jacks run in a spread line in that order around the edge of the forest, one Jack in position to stop the Galleon getting to the fella behind him. Escort on Maggy and Bullet Dodger on a random central jack.

Top of 2, I see a pretty good chance to make things hard for the money grubbing enemy (So unlike our polished coin). MacBain opts to feat, so I can't use it to counter Magnus' own iteration, however it ensure I get first opportunity to score on 3 and I'm planning on going hard at this point and trying to ride the momentum from their.

First plan goes marvelously. Galleon walks up, picks up a jack and throws it into his counterpart. Eilish Puppet Strings Eiryss, who then gets in range of Magnus whilst using Gormans Stealth to see through his blocking base. Lands the disruptor bolt, no focus regen for you!

IPB Image

Happy with that. The Devil's Shadow then move up, Zira pops Gorman. Could have just done that first I spose.

On the right, Alexia charges the forward most Toro.
Things do not go well. All the Risen are burnt, think I do half a dozen boxes? Reeeeeallly needed harm, alas he ran up and engaged. Should have fortuned them on turn 1.

Otherwise Press Gangers jam around.

Bottom of 2, Magnus uses his Silly Willy to keep the Escort up and active.

Think that line can stand on its own. Magnus shuffles up and feats, the various Jacks move in and smack stuff down. On the left Hutchuck and Anastasia manage to come in and kill all three Devil's Shadow Mutineers. I lose a few random Press Gangers. No one scores.

Top of 3, feeling pretty good about how things are going for the most part. Magnus' feat is awkward, both deployment zones are picked so my models can only sideways shuffle with the important stuff (Galleon, Alexia, Boomhowler) all under the box of death.

Need to start removing jacks with the Galleon and get rid of the enemy Aiyanna/Hutchuck.

First though it's the convoluted keep-the-momentum-going play.
Step one is Galleon pew pewing, dragging the Nomad in front of it in. The little guns wanted to kill the enemy Eliminator unit and Hutchuck, they fail dismally. Hmmmmm. MacBain shuffles across and Jackhammers the Nomad away.
Not the worst issue, the drag was to allow anther Eiryss shot. First Anastasia has to be removed out of the way, the only viable attack available is Eilish, who walks over and bleeds her to death. Eiryss then stands up and plinks another shot at Magnus, casual 5 to hit and we're looking sweet.......

......it was a 4.

[imghttps://4.bp.blogspot.com/-UqTa6daqPO4/XFK5iTJgcoI/AAAAAAAAUHQ/meYYaR0wfp8AMUpYpavi42M1tGmnLyXMACLcBGAs/s1600/OOTS0090.jpg[/img]

Incidentally, I really like the evolution of OOTS over time in both art and writing. Can clearly see where the author's viewpoints on the world started to change.

Anywho, sure did invest a fair bit in that play. Just couldn't find a way to kill Anastasia and give Puppet Strings out. Someone else that should have had fortune.

On the right Infantry charge Kayazy/Jacks and basically bounce off hard. Oh dear.

No points once more.

Bottom of 3, Galleon gets Harmed and Rusted. It was placed to be relatively safe from Jacks,provided they could be focused buffed. Whoops.
Takes some finagling, ultimately......something happened.
I *think* one jack got in and took out a bit over half health of the Galleon.
Elsewhere bit pieces fight over the zones, Magnus' rightside Eliminators gaining the upper hand. Alexia and Eiryss both get killed, the former by the jack she wailed on poorly, the latter via Juicy Eliminator murder.

The game goes another two rounds, ultiately the Galleon kills another Jack via being 'hammered and shoots down the left enemy Kayazy and my own start contesting the left zone, ultimately another jack goes in and wipes the colossal and my hitting power at that point is far to reduced to deal with the remaining Jacks and Ninja Pig and I'm attritioned out. Great game though, probably the most informative list wise. Also pointed out Press Gangers were only armour 11, so even the weakest of attacks will kill them (POW 6 blast?! RUN FOR THE HILLS!).

ROUND 4: FECES SMEARED ON THE MIRROR

I'm quite conflicted on how to write this one up. Usually when I have a bad time in warmachine I don't bother writing the game, an event that happens with insanely low frequency (Think there's two? It's the ones lacking a report to link to in the opening posts). This one is a little different as the game was fine, though redundant, it was the aftermath that was ####.

Straightforward Report anyway: It's final round and I'm playing the pair down into someone that had no wins. I drop Durgen because he's a pile of garbage, it's going into Butcher3 with 5 odd Khador Jacks and repair bros. Awful matchup for me, he just has to advance appropriately, maybe lose a couple jacks then get engaged up and down I go.

There's a round of Khador advancing and getting shot up. I disrupt the Shield Arms jack and send the Roackram in to try to kill Ruin, he falls short so Alten lands a Grievous Wounds shot to stop the repair at least.

Khador Jacks basically don't move, kill the Roackram. Ruin falls back to a wall to await repairs.
Butcher goes to a stupid spot behind a forest. There's a puppy in front of him, however with a solid 5mm wide path between the puppy and trees.

Pull out the laser, plonk it down and get the line of sight. Aiyanna harms the puppy to get the unit. Eiryss is puppet stringed, moves up and shoots off Butcher focus. Durgen and four odd Bunnies shoot Butcher down.

I'll take it, I'm screwed if I try any other play. Things seem find, abrupt end to to the tourney, it happens.

Opponent then says puppy got bumped and was meant to block line of sight. Didn't announce it when the dog moved, didn't say anything when the laser line went down, not a peep when models moved to interact with it.
I've chewed 30 minutes of clock and moved most of my models. The Avalancher could have aimed and done a boosted 7 to knock the puppy down (Probably should have anyway). I shrug at this point, spit some line about I didn't touch the model and there's not much we can do about it.

Don't get me wrong, not a great response. In hindsight every other opponent got a warning that life hadn't been rosy of late and to pull me up if I was an Arsehole, didn't state that at the beginning of this one, it's a consideration that I don't think impacts.

Khadoran stomps off and whinges to the TO.

That's what gets my goat, you got a problem that's fine. Need space, that's fine. Can't talk to my face about it at any point for three days? Get ######ed mate.

Anyway, sour end note cause adulting is hard and human brain structure rather irritatingly remembers the bad far better than the good. Onto the thing I actually get out of reading these things back, list notes. I never really feel the need to re-examine gameplay (Only took 900 reports to get to that conclusion).

Three great, fun games anyway. MacBain feels close to not sucking, though Devil's Shadow do nothing and you need multiple battlegroup models for scenario play, MacBain isn't a dweeb yet doesn't want to go in swinging unless options are bad. Galleon is a fine model with him, just hoping the Pirate CID makes him cheaper as it's the cost that burns. Not enough hitting power in the list either, struggled against half a dozen unyielding Merc Jacks so one can only wonder what manner of horrible hellscape I enter into if I hit up Armoured Corp or a Troll brick.
Plus Judicators. Things are wonky as at the moment. Had Hawk in it for this tourney thinking I might need it for a Primal Terrors game, never came up and the 'gangers probably are insufficient to the task in any event.

Durgen sucks so hard he could clean up Wall-E's earth in an instant. My list WAS trash admittedly.

Anyway, that was Masters, day 1 of Con-o-Can's is done, happy I played it. Landing 2 Disruptor bolts in the day equals the number of times I did that in all of Mark 2.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Feb 1 2019, 02:13 PM
Post #667

Games 392 to 394, Cancon Teams (3man, 50pts) - MacBain

Second day of sweet con-ness.

Three man team event, it's a cut down version of the WTC format so one side pics tables and one matchup, other side picks two matchups. Tables were hugely impactful this year alas, so that portion didn't really do much (Hence my preference for the Oceanic style of different scenarios, makes life simpler and clearer).

Pretty sure everyone just cut down their 75 point lists to 50's, which doesn't make them ideal but eh, they don't feel like proper size games anyway (At the time of writing Hungerford put out how people felt about making Masters/Champions/SR base 50. Not a fan, though I'd survive if it happened to only one of them).

Our team is shonky Mercs, grey Crucible Guard and Iona/Wurmy Devouring hostiness.

First opposing team is the Colossal Dickheads, as each list had double Colossals or Gargs in it.
Imph. not liking this, the MacBain list already doesn't hit hard enough (Dropped Hawk, Boomhowlers and Mutineers to get down to 50, so no Reville either).

Think they had Menoth, Trolls and.....uh.....definitely a third thingy. Something mundane (Wasn't Crucible, Grymkin, Mercs or Minions).

Regardless, we lose the roll and end up with tables. We put out our Circle as he had one bad matchup, we choose the better match for him then they throw Menoth my way.

Double Judicator with either Kreoss 1 or Kreoss3. Doesn't matter, sod dropping Durgen.

Spread the Net, It's jam and try for scenario time.
My stuff runs forward and I brace. Bottom of 1 Galleon gets shot down by the Judicators. Sigh. Kreoss also feats to knock down most stuff.

I Feat on Alexia/Eiryss/Press Gangers. Sadly this is a list with a Shield Guard solo near Kreoss so no cheap kills.
Kell camps my flag, the Press Gangers jam in. I score early points, alas the Judicators push forward, wind up killing Kell and Eilish (Who was the reserve flag scorer), one manages to get up to my zone. I kill Sevvy 0 while Press Gangers and Risen bounce off the contesting Judy. MacBain ends up trying to go in, rolls abysmally on the opening attacks and camps three, looking awkward.

Judy swing on him, first attack leaves him on handfull of boxes. Second misses, MacBain dodges away.

Got one chance at a long odds victory, as I'm not able to delay quite enough for the clock win.
The Shield Guard was killed earlier, so Eiryss pops out from where she was hiding to knock Kreoss' Fury off, it's down to MacBain energising and popping in ranged attacks. Sadly I'm an inch out from getting some Rift action going. First shot misses and that's all she wrote, MacBain is then easily killed.

Fortunately my team mates carry me and our tim wins! Also, because Nerds suck at organising themselves there's only four teams and it's a round robin affair.

IPB Image

ROUND 2: SOME ABOUT KIWI NYA
Into a team of Kiwi's plus one traitorous aussie. The Kiwi's usually win this thing, so surely this year is perfect for my ineptitude to crop up.

Pretty sure it's Invasion, they have Legion, Circle and...yeah, my memory stops at 2 it would seem. I know I wanted to avoid the Legion, it's an experienced Fyanna player and my current pair feels even more trash into it (Fortune is worst hit buff).

Win the roll, get matchups. I avoid the old Dragon-inions and go into the Aussie Circle.

Circle pairing is Morvhanna1 and Krueger2. My drop obviously wasn't going to change, Morv drops so Mortality is in play. Awkward for feat. Thankfully other than that the only thing present with Grievous is the Gallows.

Morv is in Devouring Host with Brennos, Gorax, an Argus, the cleaving Tharn mans, Blood trackers, various olos, Bridget doing Calls.

Win roll, take first. There's a forest in my centre of mild irritation, Circle get some defensive hills and such. From memory terrain has minimal impact.

My stuff runs up, Press Gangers spreading around like a roo on teh road by the third truck.
MacBain throws out all his buffs, Fortune on Eiryss, Counter Measures on Press Gangers, Failsafe on Galleon, he then walks forward.

I done goofed, a sign of things to come. Opposing list has a Pot that gives corpses to Lord of the feast, who moves up and birds to get to MacBain and Eiryss. Ah. Really should have looked that stuff up. Mmmm.
Eiryss evaporates as though she never was, thankfully MacBain takes sod all damage.
Blood Trackers move forward and shoot down some Press Gangers.
Brennos shuffles up pops out a weird AoE of "can't shoot while in it".

I opt to hold feat until there's merit to it, have to pops the Gallows Grove first. Plans are to kill the Pot and the Gallows grove, gum up the trackers on the right and ignore the Vengeance Tharn with Replenish on them.

MacBain hacks down Lord of the Feast, throws Countermeasures on the right side Press Gangers where it should have gone the turn previous. He chills behind the forest and Galleon.
Galleon trundles up to the left of centre, drags in Brennos and kills him, shoots down the Gallows Grove.

Press Gangers spread out in both side zone, right unit also gets to Shanghai some trackers which felt pretty great.

Lastly Alexia pulls a Thrall out of her magic rabbit hat, it chares the vault. Weaponmaster dice off 8, thinking being I only need to put it down to 3 boxes and Kell can finish it. Or not, the damage roll flatlines. Nuts.

Bottom of 2, the left Tharn come in and kill a few Press Gangers, keen to move up and threaten the Galleon. Morv moves up behind the objective and pops feat. The Blood Trackers on the right struggle somewhat, confounded by Countermeasures slowing up their murder pace.

Top of 3, I'm very well placed for a clock win (42 minutes always feels to tight for 50pt games to me), so it's time to feat to extend the game time. I also have a shonky assassination run on Morvhanna, so why not (Not likely to kill, just aiming for pressure and battlegroup damage).

MacBain feats and falls back, wanting nothing to do with more chances of imminent death.
Galleon shoots the objective, leaving it on 5 boxes and boosting blast on Morv, she never gets into a danger position however the Argus and Gorax take transfer damage a couple times. The Gorax then dies to a few of the rightside Press Gangers charging.

The remaining Eliminator and Kell, both feated, run in front of the Tharn to stop them charging the Galleon (Small units/solos become inefficient and difficult to Mortality). I finally remember Eilish can dispel and shuffle him up to knock off Restoration next turn.

Bottom of 3, the Trackers make some attacks, Morv shuffles somewhere and heals a bit. Bit pieces attack, Circle clock out before the Tharn get to do much.

Another team mate pulled through, so we go on to round 3 with no defeats and only about 17 regrets!

IPB Image

ROUND 3: THE BIRTHDAY BOYS (ACTUAL 100% KIWIS)
It's Mirage. Let their be points! Sort of.

Can't remember the other team make ups beyond their was a Cryx player whom I tragically through myself onto. For the team. he also had two quick assassinations for his previous two rounds, so.....quick games are good yeah?

Spoilers, this is the worst competitive warmachine game I have ever played. Even over that Tas semi-final vs Kallus. Opponent was lovely, nothing dodgy, made a starting early call and it appropaitely burnt me hard.

They've got Denny 2 Jacks and Denny1 Satyxis. I was busy plotting how I play out the infantry matchup, Galleon is a bit useless, have to preserve Alexia above all else. Lots of living bodies at least.

Then Denny 2 drops. Oh. Well. Guess that's happening. I remember the feat (Turning x models incorp) pretty well, so things should be fine. Should I get the spell list? Nah, sod that, I'd remember if it had something meaningfull.Key points in the matchup are keeping MacBain safe from assassination, disrupting Death Jack or an offensively positioned jack each turn and having Alexia positioned to kill anything that tries to come forward whilst incoporeal.

I run my stuff up, I misdeployed the Risen so I lazily leave them as a blob that can't move past the Galleon while Alexia runs up to catch any early deaths that happe to Press Gangers. MacBain stays behind the Galleon, Eiryss shuffles up near the Press Gangers.

Denny has Hellmouth. Arc Nodes run forward, her and Deathjack ping a Press Ganger each to pop both of them.

IPB Image

Quick games a good game I guess.

There's a central forest Denny is hiding behind, only choice I have is to barrel forward and try to kill her. MacBain and the Galleon both move forward, Failsafe up and with the caster surrounded by feated on models.

The Cryx Jacks go into the Galleon, they struggle initially, alas they manage to kill it.
The game actually takes multiple rounds to finish after this, I forgot the Risen mob for a couple rounds so once the Cryx jacks were finished with the Press Gangers the nombies took their place.

MacBain ends up breaking past the forest and getting Handcanon shots on Denny, alas I didn't roll all 6's all the time and she lived then he was trivially killed.

We went down this round alas, inspite of my dubious ability on the day I also technically partook of the 2nd place result.

It was something? The team is composed of those that have to run the con next year, so this is its swan song. At the end of the day I would have preffered to skip this tourney, having team mates makes that hard alas. 50 points can kick the bucket, not having Revielle made my already questionable list not a great choice. Not that any list woiuld help in that final round gameplay.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Feb 5 2019, 12:28 PM
Post #668

Game 396 to 398 - Cancon SR MacBain/Cyphon, 395 footnote

Game 395 is just a footnote of a 25 point Iron Arena smash out. Bizarrely my opponent played Durgen. I had MacBain, so this was quick and awkward (one turn of missed AoE's, then Counter Measured Eliminators run forward). I win on scenario on the top of 3.

A new day dawns, tis our final day. I'd originally signed up for Who's the Boss, watching how much better and easier Caster Draft was the day before plus the associated effort of keeping an updated collection of all the card sleeves plus hassle of sorting out the casters, Who's the Boss should be considered a dead format in my view.

Plus a bunch of people see Master Chris' beaughtiful painted models get put in an open tray with no foam for transport and it makes them sad.

Not wanting my previous days efforts to be the last games I played before I drop off for an uncertain time to recharge, I went into the 3 round Steamroller.

Also modded my lists the night before.

MacBain lost Hawk and the Mutineers, gained a Talon and Sylyss.
Needed a second battlegroup model that can just toe rectangles and score, wanted a Nomad but that was to much work. Sylyss for the upkeep and Jackhammer range. Also makes it 74 points, which is how things are done.

Durgen got dropped like a hot dumpster fire, I pulled together a list I had sitting around from a while ago. Welcome Cyphon, 6 Monstrosities, Overlords, double Eliminators and three Agonisers.

GAME 396 - ROUND 1.....SORT OF.
MacBain vs Lylth1, Epic Pit

Oh god, it's the Kallus1 nightmare from the Tas trip. Cyphon doesn't want a bar of it, here's hoping MacBain finangles something.

Oh....nevermind, it's Lylth1. Children of the Dragon list with double Raptors.

I lose the roll, get second, don't remember the terrain as it doesn't come up.

Lylth and models run up. I countermeasure and feat on Pressgangers/solos, they run up to jam in.
I realise way to late that Eiryss can strip Lylth of Fury, the Galleon killed two Raptors when there's a distinct possibility he could have just moved up and shot her down.

In any event, we both stare at the table at the end of my turn for about 10 minutes, Legion decides they are gooped and that's that. I'll take it!

There was a couple different Legion players saying they were bored of Primal Terrors. Sweet. Could the Ossrum players follow suit? No? Ah well, I didn't try.

GAME 397 - ROUND 2, LET'S GET MEND-OTHED
Cyphon vs Kreoss1, Invasion

Into Se7an, who is one of those fun peeps I wish I could play every tourney.

There was a Kreoss3 list in the pairing, no memory of what it did. Was keen to give Cyphon a go and Countermeasures being Purified was a bad time, so Mustachio man wants nothing to do with that nonsense.

It's Kreoss1 with a Judy, Tristan1 with a Revelator (Say whaaaaaaat), Sevvy0 with a...Redeemer? (Light jack, pew pews way to many times). Choir, shield guard solo.

Basically have to get Wreckers onto the Collosals early or kill Kreoss.

I get first turn, defining terrain piece being a big whack off forest in the left zone on the menoth edge and a wall in the middle of the right zone.

My stuff runs up, Monstrosities spreading a bit with the primary goal of being in Sac Pawn range of Cyphon. Kayazy hang back, Overlrods go extreme left, Agitators move around awkwardly.

Menoth....unpacks in that way all double Colossal lists unpack, which is to say not that much.
Colossals on either side, Kreoss and light jacks go up the guts.
There is one of htose damn Shield Guard solos, so the Subduer murder plan is a little awkward. I threat 13 inch on a Wrecker charge, so the play around as he opens up on the front most Monstrosities is whether or not they survive the non-spray range attacks, in which case Kreoss dies thoroughly.

Alas, one Wrecker is easily killed, the Subduer on the right loses it's movement and gun arm. Hmm.

My second turn, Kreoss is using the objective as a blocker. I try to plot out an assassination run, would basically be the Subduer drags in a light jack then the Wrecker beat backs off it to Kreoss, the math and positioning were both bad so we opt to threaten scenario instead.

One Wrecker runs to the left as do the Overlords. Cyphon trundles sideways and burns a Drudge to do a Breathstealer on the the left Colossal, to get that in the zone it will now have to run or trample.
The damaged Subduer moves up into the right zone, drags in the Redeemer, buys attacks and takes out its gun arm .
Machine Wraith toes the right zone, other Monstrosities huddle near Cyphon.

Menoth on the bottom of 2: Kreoss shuffles up and pops feat, knocks down basically everything aside from Cyphon (Steady) and Ovalrods (To far away).
The Revelator shuffles into the forest, accepting not getting into the left zone to pop an Agitator and blow up the centre Subduer. Judicator shuffles, shoots down the central Wrecker and the right side Subduer. Two Monstrosities remain, so that's not good.
The Judy spray also wings the Redeemer and puts it on one box of Cortex, so I guess I'll take that?

My top of 3. Sod all left, thankfully Kreoss is in a position to potentially die.
He's got lamentation up, so I have one chance at Gallowsing him in. The Warden could get to him, however he's cmaping a bunch and I lack convenient knock down tech at this point.

Burn a Drudge, the Gallows hits.
The winner of the Masters was wondering past, I force a dice in his hand with instructions to roll a 6.
He does.
But not in the sodding tray, foiled by my own rules!
Forunately I get a 5 and hte damage roll burns a focus. There's a nearby Agitator who can stand and cast Instigate, feated Warden goes in boosting his to hit rolls and gets it done trivially. Sweet.

ROUND 3 - LOUDNESS
MacBain vs Gearheart, Spread the Net

By dint of being the packup day it's a three rounder with multiple undefeated, so have to win this one to have a chance. Crucible Guard is unfortunate here, it's the more infantry spamming one with a Vulcan so they can kill ma doodz with relative easy.

IPB Image

My stuffs going to get shot down in droves. The plan is to just run stuff forward and try to cap Gearheart.

That's...certainly what I attempt?

I get second, Crucible Guard run all their stuff forward, Vulcan on the left and the train on the right.
This forces me to pop feat on the bottom of 1, MacBain chill relatively far back as Countermeasured Press Gangers swarm forward. Eiryss and Alexia hide behind the central cloud.

We commence preying.

Top of 2 Crucible Guard procede to light stuff up, killing a stack of non-Countermeasured dudes after using the train to Bulldoze the Counter Measure guys. The Vulcan opts to fall back, in an ideal world it runs forward and gets Jackhammered to death potentially opening other game options (Though I have poor tools at best to deal with the rocketmen). Alas.
The Vulcan pot shot opts to strip healing from Alexia, so she is then trivially shot down.

On my bottom of 2 things are looking a little grim. Loads of dudes dead, poor answers to the Rocketman and the Galleon will get shot down next turn. As expected it's time to hailmary Gearbeart away.

I can get Eiryss and the Galleon on to him, provided MacBain can shoot down a Rocketman Ace. Or UA thingy. Whatever, I needed 13's to hit, I ineptly put Puppet Strong on Eiryss instead of MacBain, still feeling the burn of that miss on Maggy in the Masters.

MacBain shuffles up having allocated two to the Galleon, boosts to hit, misses hard. Awkward. The Rocketman dodes back out of range yet still block the Line of sight, so MacBain has to Energise and try again. Another miss and that's all she wrote.

I futz around a bit trying to get some army points destroyed, think all I manage is a Dragon's Breath Rocket team. It's something.

MacBain is on no camp in the open, he is trivially killed.

Certainly played better than in the Masters, more importantly my roaming adventures to find alternate games yielded poor results for a variety of reasons, so I'll try some Monpoc for a bit. An IG qualifier is coming up end of the month, thinking Cyphon and undecided, probably not MacBain as the odds of Crucible Guard seem too high.

Overall MacBain had random game into things and Eiryss worked far to often, enough to make me ponder assassination builds with other casters. Boomhowler feels both required in the list and not great for the points, with not enough hitting power overall.

The one game with Cyphon was....questionable? Sac Pawn was nice. Need to try again, double Subduer might be better served as Wardens at the moment.
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post Feb 6 2019, 02:48 PM
Post #669

I could stand to see more macBain!! on the table. That Lylyth1 game sounded amazing (but for all the wrong reasons).

Looking forward to the Pirate CID? If only for a potential Galleon discount?

--------------------
Everything that existed before I was born is irrelevant, everything that exists after I die is lucky.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Feb 6 2019, 03:32 PM
Post #670

QUOTE(Master Chris @ Feb 6 2019, 03:48 PM) *

I could stand to see more macBain!! on the table. That Lylyth1 game sounded amazing (but for all the wrong reasons).

Not the meta for it. Crucible Guard with Vulcans will be common, Menoth being up their also problematic.
It's that awkward "Almost time" thing but not quite, to reliant on both healing and upkeeps. One being an issue would be fine, the double whammy is an issue (Also Sylvestro)

QUOTE(Master Chris @ Feb 6 2019, 03:48 PM) *

Looking forward to the Pirate CID? If only for a potential Galleon discount?

Vaguely, I struggle to care much about any CID until they go live.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Mar 8 2019, 09:53 PM
Post #671

Back From Hiatus!

I live again! I can hear the crowd now...
IPB Image

So first thing I did was leave 90% of the Warmachine FB groups I was in (All the faction ones and some general groups got turfed, relevant local meta groups were kept).
IPB Image

Gif says most of it. Sad reality is that the groups are mostly whiny bitching and circular arguments, a dip in games meant trying to keep interest previously via the web and it was actually worse than if it wasn't there. I won't be rejoining. Not being part of the zeitgeist inevitably means not keeping track of the latest hot army lists everyone's planning for, really that's a made up. Same way the Globalist meta isn't real.

IPB Image

Anyway, I spent my time starting to dabble in:
IPB Image
Monpoc!

It's alright. Don't care about the technical definitions of the terms, Monpoc feels far more like a Boardgame cribbing Wargame elements than anything else. It might be great when it's revved up to it's intended level with 2 monsters and deathclocks, at present after a few weeks of slow growing-ness one Monster games I'm neither disappointed nor excited. Definitely been spoiled by Warmachine in terms of army selections, already seen the Base Destroyer Monster (Gorgorthalaaksdjfhaskfh) way more often than I care for, though the addition of time will presumably fix that.

Done some board games, local group I play with isn't down for the 3-4 hour complex style for the most part, so Twilight Imperium isn't happening anytime soon. Successes are Whitehall Mystery/Galaxy Trucker/Coup/Lovecraft Letter/Cosmic Encounter.

Anyway actually got some Warmachine in, going for more scenario/assassination gameplay. Attrition/Clock is more effort.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Mar 8 2019, 11:17 PM
Post #672

Game 399 - Gorten1 (Irr) vs Morvhanna2 (DH)
Standoff

Alrighty, back to the super serious war dollies. Made an Irregulars list. Warroom is up to it's usual tricks and It's now a broken theme, not counting free models properly. Oh well, list is made. Models are pulled.
Day later Irregulars is updated to change the free solo model point break from 25 to 30.

Actually super happy about this, creates a much more interesting list creation proposition with the added float of solos. Like Alexia2, now buffed to not be garbage and collect friendly souls. In she goes.

Otherwise there's some Pirates to swarm forward for the scenario game, some Bunnies and triple Basher because I enjoy slamming. Made awkward by dint of only owning two of them, so...dangit. Proxy it is. Add some super solos, including the long neglected Acosta.

Going against the indefatigable Abe, wielding Tharn with....Morvhanna2? She still a thing? Been a good while, doesn't seem like she's changed dramatically from her Mark 2 incarnation that got burned into my tortured psyche for a while. Battlegroup is Stalker and.....Brennos? Alright then. List is also rocking Wrongeye/Snapjaw, whom I was entranced with a couple years ago pre-theme, nowadays I think they need more overall list investment to be worth it (Pool of Steeds out the NSW paddocks had a good play with Baldur1, negating knockdown preventing the workarounds that lead to dead Warpwolves).

Standoff, I win the roll, awkward scenario due to the problems of clearing the large circle zones, though if I can score my rectangle in an opposing turn then that's not an issue.
Take first turn, I end up with a side that has a pair of water blobs disrupting my exit out from my deployment a bit, so that's a nuisance. Centre of the board has a cloud, Circle get some middle line forests and more importantly a defensive wall that Morv is very likely to hide behind.

I've got a Monstrosity pretending to be a Basher, Stone dude pretending to be Brennos (Has Brennos' head tacked on to the top. Kinda looked like someone dismembered an MLP and put it on a Golem's Head like a Mantel piece deal).

IPB Image
Round 1: Press Gangers are further out than is ideal, fortunately I don't value their lives anyway. Gorten puts up his no knockdown and charges, blocked by Eiryss from full distance. This allows Grogspar to walk up and punch him forward, awkwardly he pitches a full 6, so now he's outside of walk and punch range next turn. Whoops.

Circle runs up, relatively compacted to me. Also with enough Tree Hunter that the forests are good for them. Morv heads up to the wall, so things are looking alright.

IPB Image
Merc 2: No value to giving away Vengeance attacks, so the Press Gangers just run up and engage across the board. One Basher runs up into the Circle zone to try to force the Beasts to use up some Fury, otherwise jacks, the cloud and Rockwall are used to protect Gorten, Alexia and Eiryss, that I expect to be the assassination pieces. Acosta is also around, mainly there to thwack transfer targets.

Bradigan ends up on the far left, this was randomly silly. Should have at least jammed him in and seen how he goes with tough and Stumbling Drunk.

IPB Image
Circle 2: Stalker goes in, kills the Basher and maxes Fury to Sprint back.

Tharn, from hell heart, stab at thee Pressgangers. Tough is a surprisingly successful road block, so only about half the Gangers die. Sweet. Morv hugs the wall. Brennos chucks out his anti gun shots AoE. Crocs go into the centre of the zone and pop the Submerge/Star Cross stuff.

Circle score their zone, a Tharn threaded the needle on a run to contest my zone.

IPB Image
Merc 3: One unit of Eliminators and two Gun Bunnies shuffle to give Gorten room. I do this in a stupif order, given what they want to do is put damage on Brennos, as I use the Kayazy first. They do a good whack, howevery they leave him engaged for the Bunny shots. SMRT.

Gorten gets punched forward 5 inches. He then walks across to get 90% of the opposing list, basically miss the Tharn Grunts and Wold Rider on the right. Everything gets pushed to the left, though Morv obviously is stuck on her wall. Gorten illegally shoots Brennos, so whoops, have to remember that doesn't work next time.

Savio, who had moved forward with Vengeance, charges Brennos, yet another spiked damage roll on the charge kills him. Second attack makes Wrong eye tough eye. What a bro that Savio is, shame his Fluff is so pants-on-headish.

The ###### iTunes? You update again? It's the Warroom of music management.

Anyway, Brennos is dead and the Stalker is maxed on Fury, lets kill some Morvhanna. Eiryss did try to strip Fury, alas she missed. Really wanted Eilish in the list at that point, even though realistically he would have puppet stringed Grogpsar.

Anyway, Morv gots shot by the last Gunner, down to half health or so.
Basher goes in to the enemy objective, if this clears up then Alexia can spawn Thralls to walk up over the wall and kill Morv. Basher falls shy alas, should have given him some focus. Womp womp. Instead Alexia goes for the boosted Hellfire, sadly Star Crossed makes her miss by one. So much for denigrating that spell.

Welp, this didn't work out. Gorten is sitting in the middle of no where. The Blaster runs up next to him after Alexia repositions a bit further forward. Anastasia, who ambushed in, runs to engage Morvhanna and be annoying.

Scoring levelled off my rectangle, 1-1.

IPB Image
Circle 3: Turns out, Gorten's feat is still pretty good.

The Tharn shuffle around and kill loads more Press Gangers, however it isn't a big deal to me. Wrongeye tries to cast, Alexia Arcane Vortex' it. Glorious. Snapjaw misses Acosta, who dodges away.

Morvhanna can't really get to a better palce, so ends up staying behind the wall to keep in control range of the Stalker.

IPB Image
Merc 4: Savio's Vengeance attack toughs out Wrongeye again. Oh well.

Let's kill Morvhanna this time!
Eiryss aims, however needs 8's. Misses. Doh.

Have to mess up the Stalker then, Holt moves up from the backfield and kills Wrongeye as the Crocs where in the way. Savio charges in, leaves the Stalker on 8 boxes. Basher, again without the necessary focus, charges in to lend a hand and misses (Enemy objective prevented the Slam line angle, which would have been a much better option if it was available).

Gunners open up, mess Morvhanna up. Alexia shuffles up and spawns three Thrall Warriors to charge her in the back, before they can do so however the Blaster waddles up and gets the job done.

A little messy and longer than planned, but we got there. Typically Acosta would be the model to swap for Eilish, so naturally he performed like a boss to make it a hard decision. Hmph. Also need to shield with Bashers, not the sodding Bunnies. Ration of Gunners/Blasters will always be an awkward choice.

Good to get this game under the belt though. Warmachine, when you've got a reasonably skilled opponent playing to an agreed standard is easily my favourite Game experience, just a matter of getting those factors to a table.
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post Mar 14 2019, 01:19 PM
Post #673

I am confused by these Godzilla gifs and discussion about SAvio that doesn't start and finish with 'is actually terrible'.

I'm eyeballing MonPoc but my money needs to go elsewhere before it goes into a new game.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Mar 14 2019, 02:03 PM
Post #674

QUOTE(Master Chris @ Mar 14 2019, 02:19 PM) *

discussion about SAvio that doesn't start and finish with 'is actually terrible'.

Well, there's probably better choices. But sod it, I want the turbo douche memories
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post May 14 2019, 10:10 AM
Post #675

Game 400 - Gorten1(Irr) vs Child1(DM) - OTC Round 1
Epic Pit

Gurg. How do I war dolly? Prior to the team event I thought I hadn't had a game since Cancon, completely blipped on the Circle game in between. The rust is real.

Anyway, Oceania Team Champs! I threw down Gorten because I enjoy him. That list with Bashers and what not. Other list was Cyphon, only really there if there was a list of unpushable stuff to kill. About 80% of my marked drops were Gorten, intent being to play Assassination.scenario because attrition takes to long.

Opening team is the state smooshed into the south east corner, it was a team we had as mostly reasonable matchups on our grid, though I wasn't super enthused about the prospect of either Crucible Guard or the Slayer spam they had. Matchups were 4 Gorten/1 Cyphon.

We won the roll, defaulted to table picks which is our marked preference. Or possibly just mine, I do have a habit of declaring a table very early as being "mine".

I got the Grymkin, with a traditional Child Menagerie and a mixed Heretic Bump list. Comfortable into either, we're playing Championship belt specifically on the lone table with a forest smack back in the middle that would otherwise make my feat less Scenario busting.

Should be noted in the format that every table has a different scenario, done as an alternative to weirdo terrain.

Ends up as Child, so the key thing for me is getting rid of the Death Knell so I can push their stuff without interference. Sacrifice/Ill Omens taken as the other Arcana.

I win the die roll and select first for sweet board space. Both sides end up with a forest on one side next to the zones, a trench on the right and a hill for the Grymkin. This was a light terrain board, I was down with that.

Piccies super limited, lighting was garbage anyway (semi busted downlights aren't great).

Round 1: I run everything forward, not exactly much to fear given the limited enemy ranged stuff (Twilight Sisters have a pew pew, Child has the "go away" spell).
IPB Image
The Press Gangers fan forward, Bunny jacks are spread out in the back field, Bashers/Gorten up the guts.
Grymkin move up with the Death Knell, Child and Beasts in the centre, Dreadrots on the left and a super flanky Gorehound near them.

Merc 2: Alright, three step plan.
a - Kill the Death Knell. Only model that can't be pushed, it's centrally placed and stopping me from either pushing a Skin and Moans into the boonies or dragging Child in for some homicide.
b - Kill the forward most Skin and Moans, it's in the forest so on the push might find a way to contest the right zone, which is notably not part of my plan
c - Feat if it means I can't be stopped from scoring, reposition Gorten otherwise.

There's a Gremlin Swarm toeing the corner of the right zone, let's turf that nonsense early. It's also out of Child's Control, so can't Ill-Omen. The Bunny nearby got magic from the objective, so wanders up and trivially pops it.
The Gun bunnies jiggle around, they pop some shots to kill Pumpkin head troop dudes to feed Alexia2 some Souls.
Eiryss and some other stray shots go into the Death Knell, damage it a little.
Alexia rocks up, plonks down three Thralls who charge the Death Knell.
IPB Image

They do.....five damage between them.
IPB Image

Alright, this is not a feat turn.

Still worth dropping attacks on the Skin and Moans, even if Sacrifice pops it'll be worth it.

I forget to Aiyanna until after I move the Pressgangers in, so that wan't great (Cage Rager was in Arcane Vortex range of the Death Knell, ergo she wasn't used their). The Gangers do well anyway, taking out about half-ish of the stabby stabby beast. It's still long odds, however it's worth it just for the board presence and potential spike, so I send Acosta in. he also flubbs his damage roll.

Gorten moves into the middle of the board, Bashers run up in front of him.

Oh, Anastasia also comes out on the left side of the board and goes into the super flanking Gorehound, does a nice whack of damage and prepares to die.

Grymkin 2: Thankfully a kill run isn't super viable on Gorten with distance and stuff in the way.

The Faeries move up and stab the front line of Press Gangers and Thrall Warriors, kill half of the Pirates, all the undead and Acosta. Death Knell stays where it is, Child runs around it, ending up just toeing outside of the killbox.

The Gorehound eats Anastasia. Messily. A Gremlin runs into the right zone to contest.

Merc 3: Alright, similar plan to before, though now with a specific scenario bent given that the Faeries didn't get to push up into the zones.
The left Press Gangers move around, they eat Dreadrots and feed souls to Alexia. Sacrifice triggers to heal everything up, sadly inevitable.

The right Gun Bunny gets magic from the objective again, goes to kill the Gremlin Swarm that run up to it. Sadly the damage roll is botched like a Salmon swimming in those Glass beads ritzy people use as Garden stones. Aiyanna has to magic the spray bunny, who does manage to get that job done.

Eiryss wings the Death Knell, the Crabbits having moved away to finish off toughed out models outside of Solid Ground. Alexia once again drops three Thralls, they go in and leave it on 5 boxes. Defence 12 shouldn't be working this well. A Gun Bunny gets a chance, pops a shot, kills it to the box. Woot woot.

A Basher moves, Gorten gets punched up by Grogspar for two inches, can still walk to where he needs to and pushes all the Grymkin stuff in the centre toward their table edge. Eliminators run in to gum them up.

Bradigan and a Gun Bunny kill the enemy objective, I also score all three zones, now up 4 Control Points.
Pic is from end of the turn.

IPB Image

Grymkin 3: Child is so far back she can't get out of the Killbox. Mapping it out, there's no way to kill Gorten or even contest the right zone. The Skin and Moans try stabbing some Kayazy for army points, it doesn't work out, I end up winning on scenario 8-0.

Rest of the team does well, even our local mercenary (the player, not the lists) managed a win after sleeping in and coming in with 10 minutes off the clock. We win the round 4-1, things are looking alright.

Feeling reasonably happy with the list at this point, traditional Menagerie seems okay to deal with.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post May 16 2019, 12:20 PM
Post #676

Game 401 - Gorten1(Irr) vs Skarre1 (DH) - OTC Round 2
Invasion

Round 2, into one of the two teams we perceived as the strongest in our pool (Tourney is divided into two pools, splitting the different metas/states that provided multiple teams, it's a Round Robin plus a game against a team from the opposing team, then it's cut to finals).

My matchups we're pretty bad, had one match I was 98% certain I'd win, a coin, two garbage and an unwinnable.

We ended up with table selection again, I ended up into one of my garbage matchups (Overall our team got one good, two coin flips and two trash matches, pretty good for a dismal grid where we only picked two of them).

It's into the majestic Wale, our pond skipping hero.
IPB Image
We'd played once before (Game 348), wherein a very early screw up meant I was screwed. This match didn't have the same high value move points, so a similar mistake might be acceptable.

It's Skarre1 Banes or Skarre3 Troll Pirates, the former gets the drop. Mostly Bane Knights, one Warrior unit, a Kraken and Wraith Engine. Incorp is a bit of an issue, don't have the punching power on a single piece even if Aiyanna magics it up. Bashers not looking to great right now.

Again took a relatively open table with a more compactish scenario, this time it's Invasion (Centre Rectangle with Objectives, two Circle zones on the flanks). There's a central obstruction and water combo, other terrain on the board doesn't matter to much. Cryx theme also plonks down a pair of defensive clouds for them between the left and centre zone.

I won the roll and picked first, table selection meant either board side was good for me.

Round 1: Stuff runs up. Both sides have a left side lean where the central terrain will have an impact. Also avoids a large forest for me and corrosive water for Cryx.
Press Gangers head out on the left and central zones, support stuff following up behind. Gorten is going up the centre line, intending to hide behind the obstruction for the game.

Cryx intermix their Bane units and have the Wraith Engine head up the left side while the Kraken moves up the centre.

Merc 2: Not a lot to achieve, Cryx have hung back from the front lines threat range. The Press Gangers spread around, aiming to force contesting and making effort barriers to Huge base placement. Gorten moves up further, everything remains wary Wraith Engine/Kraken attack ranges.

Cryx 2: Wraith Engine runs into the left zone, Banes chop up some Press Gangers.
The Kraken charges forward aggressively, noms up some Press Ganger shaped corpse tokens. One unit of Bane Knights pops it's defensive strike mini-feat and runs in front of it, quite the nuisance.

Merc 3:Only one goal this turn: Kill the Kraken. Skarre hasn't feated yet, so either it dies this turn or just doesn't for the game. There's too many Banes in the centre zone, plus the objective, to make it worth feating anyhow.

Aiyanna, after a Basher moves out of the way, kisses the Colossal.
Bashers and Press Gangers go into the Bane Knights, alas the Waley is judicous with defensive strikes so not to allow a hole to be opened up for Acosta to charge in.

I end up using Holt, all the Gun Bunnies, Gorten with a double shot/Molten Metal (Probably the most misunderstood spell in the game from my experience, the damage is always misapplied or misinterpreted), Grogspar, Alexia Hellfiring, Eiryss plinking and probably the greatest heroes of all being a pair of Combo Striking Eliminators to just pip the thing.

IPB Image

Other than that attacks to kill other things aren't super viable, the left zone ends up with a pair of Bashers (One with Strength of Granite, which should have been dropped in favour of casting a second Molten Metal) and the Red Pressganger unit that spread all throughout the zone, aiming to make it hard to land the Wraith Engine (They know they're going to die, alas sweet pirates).

Centre gets the other Basher who shields Gorten, blue Pressgangers are spread between the centre and right zone.

Cryx 3: Skarre is bored of being up the backline, she moves up to toe one of the Cryx clouds to nuke a Press Ganger in the left zone blocking the ideal Wraith Engine placement. She also feats on herself, the Wraith Engine and about five or so Bane Warriors.
She then gets a solid blob of Bane Knights around her.

Wraith Engine charges in on the left zone, rips out half of a Basher.
A Pressganger is killed by a Bane Knight, which generates a Machine Wraith from the Engine, who takes over the Strength of Granite Basher who hits it's twin for almost maximum damage. Ouch. most effective Basher so far.
A couple Warriors finishes one of the Bashers off, thankfully the zone is still cluttered with spread out Pressgangers. They'll all die for my self proclaimed worthy cause.

Centrally, three feated bane Warriors go in and kill the last Basher, the Knights cut down the Blue Pressgangers to a single dude and plonk five or so of them contesting in the right zone.

IPB Image
Merc 4: Things are looking good. The centre obstruction and feat pop makes killing Skarre non-viable, not super concerned as its all about pushing the centre and right zones for scenario.

Aiyanna kisses the Bane Warrior unit, a necessity due to having three of them with Skarre's feat in teh centre.
Gorten trundles up, attempts some melee attacks of limited value, throws an Eruption at the objective for most of it's health then feat pushes all the central Banes towards the Cryx deployment edge.
Feat also taps the Wraith Engine, falls shy of getting Skarre.

Bunnies and Alexia clear out the centre zone, the remaining kayazy unit and the last Blue Pressganger do the same on the right.

I score the objective, centre and right zone, go up 3-0.

Cryx 4: It's a hard time for Cryx from here.
Banes struggle to get back to contesting spots, with reposition they do get a trio of Knights into the right zone, plus the Wraith Engine kills a Pressganger to make a Machine Wraith who runs across the board.

Centre zone gets half a dozen Bane Knights.

Merc 5: Holt and a Gun Bunny kill the three Knights in the right zone, Aiyanna Harms the centre unit then the Spray Bunny and Acosta finish them off. I score the centre and right zone, get up 5-0.

Alas, my unexpected win doesn't let the team achieve its dreams, we go down 2-3. Thought of them as the strongest team in the bracket, they then went on to win the tourney, so very happy with how that went.

Note to self: Wraith Engine makes upkeeping Strength of Granite a bad idea.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post May 17 2019, 12:23 PM
Post #677

Game 402 - Gorten1 (Irr) vs Vlad2 (WoW) - OTC Round 3
Epic Pit

Round t-t-t--t-t-t-t-t-treeeeeee. It's the Vics, sadly we return to our round 1 tables and their obscene every-table-has-a-central-forest-bs.

We thought this was the other top team in our bracket, our matchups evened out with equal trash/good matches and big swathes of even games. All my games were rated evenly, primarily because I didn't read the Clockatrice card before the event and that thing is ludicrous.

Based off that tidbit, one player was a version of Pat Dunford running a Dream/King of Nothing pairing with Clockatrice spam. Paralysis and a speed debuff seems stupid to me on the same model, good luck Hordes players going into that mess.

Otherwise it's Circle, albeit minus Wurmwood, the current meta plague. There's Khador, another non-Ossrum Merc, and Menoth.

I end up nabbing the Khador, regardless of opponent all my drops on this team were Gorten.

On the table itself I win the roll, pick first as it's Vlad2 Doomreaver spam and I would like some board presence.

I get a forest not touching any zones and a big hill, there's a central trench and Khador gets a big stonking forest that intrudes heavily into the centre circle.
Note that generally the tables had more terrain than the ones I played on, it just so happens that I prefer to not have to deal with more terrain given the Gorten list is, to be put it charitably, "pathfinder light".

Vlad2 is easily the caster I have opposed the most. In fact Gorten vs Vlad2 is the matchup I've played the most. I thought Butcher3 was going to be dropped, however I mistook the list as having a few Clamjacks that stopped pushes when this was not the case.

Anyway, DOOMREAVERS! It's been a while since I saw those sodders. Someone have a heart and make them in plastic with less snappable sword connections. I'm not across the Greylord changes, apparently they all gained weird spells and, for some reason, Doomreaver recursion? How the hell does that work? (No, it's not hypocritical for Press Gangers to turn Gallows Woods into human pirates. Everyone wants to be a pirate! ).

The Vlad list does have a Victor. I spent the first 10 minutes of the game refusing to believe it wasn't a Conquest, then it set #### on fire.

Merc 1: Doomreavers with Advance Deploy and Apparition versus Pressgangers with Advance Deploy basically means that the positioning cat and mouse game is from from the get go.
I opt to keep the blue right most unit back out of threat range, reasoning they need to survive a while and contest the right zone while I push to score the centre and leftside.
The red Pressgangers are in the centre, I send forward three deliberately in threat range to bait out some Doomies and feed Alexia, the rest stay as a line which the Bashers and Gorten mash into.

Khador 1: The Victor is anchoring the left, whilst the Doomies are basically straight across from the Pressgangers with murder donkeys behind.
Courtesy of the theme, Hand of Fate starts on the Donkeys, while the Victor has Assail and Arcane Might is on Vlad.

The Doomies come forward, centrally a pair run in to try to Berserk down the Pressgangers. They perform dismally and only pop one. The Victor moves up, lobs a fire shot that pings the back line of Red Pressgangers and the Bashers. 20 inches aye? Wasn't prepped for that.

Merc 2: Stuff isn't engaged enough to be worth feating, Vlad looks to be heading to hide behind the large forest so it's time to throw stuff forward and see how much dies.

Centrally fire and tough resolves, luckily the Lass lives so command range isn't an issue. They charge up and eat some Doomreavers, returning their losses who emerge from Shanghai in front of them to gum up the works.
The Gunners were running around the forest on my side of the board, they move past it this turn and ping Doomies with shots.
Alexia spawns some Thralls then repos back.
After the shots were resolved the Thralls were meant to kill the remaining two Doomies in the unit to stop them coming back. 7's to hit can be a bad time as they flail badly and miss.
One Kayazy unit runs in front of Gorten, who is otherwise camping four.

Rightwise the Blue Pressgangers likewise engage while one Basher toes the right zone.
Anastasia comes into the backfield, goes in and charges a Murder Donkey and kills it. I've faced those stupid things with Hand of Fate, I'll happily kill one in a min unit for Anastasia.

Khador 2: The reds begin with some umming and arring. About my imminent doom.
IPB Image
It's all about how many Doomreavers can Apparate forward without spliching themselves and get to Gorten, albeit after cutting down the Eliminators in front of him. Vlad can feat/Arcane Might to boost the attacks. Two were a definite, three was a maybe.

After a fair chunk of measuring, the third Doomreaver looks in doubt so it gets panned as a plan. Was a little sad about that, it seemed like a low odds run and would get the damn super juice feat out of the way. Calculated it afterward, two Doomies have less than 1%, three of them get up to 25%, not accounting for the Kayazy in the way, not that a boosted 7 is that much of a barrier.
I could have just cast rockwall and been immune to the run, honestly did not think about that spell at all.

It's attrition time instead. Doomreavers kill off Alexia's Thralls, the left side Ternion unit generate some Doomreavers.
Victor either aims or stays relatively back, pops a shot into....a Basher I think? It wasn't a super concern.

Vlad hides behind the forest, the Murder Donkeys satisfy themselves with killing Anastasia.

The right side has a muted advance, leaving about 4ish Doomies contesting the zone. The single enemy Eliminator unit can in to kill some Pressgangers, a Ternion throws whatever the cloud generation spell is (It's those super lame ones that go away when you pop the model).

Definitely no chance of Khador scoring, so no points scored (A couple Doomies went into the left zone to contest it).

Merc 3: I do a less scientific version of weighing up if I can kill Vlad.
IPB Image
He's behind the forest with half a dozen Doomreavers in front of him.
Feat would easily drag him into line of sight of stuff on the right, however it doesn't look like I'll get anything super hard punching on him. Given the Victor has hung back, scenario is a better play anyway.

Gorten moves up in the centre zone, feats on the Victor, Vlad and a host of Doomreavers, sending them away.

On the left Acosta kills the enemy objective, the Gun Bunnies pop the Ternions while the Pressgangers Shanghai Doomies. Importantly the Victor is further than two inches away, so can't possibly get in to contest.

Centrally the Bashers run around Gorten, Alexia pops out more Thralls that clean up nearby models.

Rightwise the Spray Bunny kills the enemy Kayazy, Pressgangers Shanghai some Doomreavers.

I get the objective, left and centre zone, now 3-0.

Khador 3: Vlad feats on Doomreavers, who finagle their way into the left and centre zone.
The right most unit isn't hampered in the same way, so it comes in and kills my objective, spray donkeys kill one of my own Kayazy units.

Alas, in doing something in place of running, Vlad was stuck in the killbox.
Score is now 5-1.

Merc 4: A bunny and Gorten kill the feated on Doomies in the centre zone, Acosta kills the one in the left. 7-1 Scenario.
IPB Image

Team wise we pip this one out 3-2, so things look on track for middle of the table placement goal.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post May 17 2019, 03:29 PM
Post #678

Game 403 - Gorten1 (Irr) vs Wurmwood1 (DH) - OTC Round 4
Standoff

Into the Northerners, with a bunch of obfuscated double up names.

So.....we may have grided based on what different players were, and screwed it up quite badly.

Net result being I went into Circle. Completely misread the match, rated it as an even game.

*Dismissive buzzer noise*

Nope, it's Giant man and I don't have his weakness on hand (A ladder). Ah. This is baaaaaaaaaaad.

There's not really much detail to put in. I ran forward, he ran forward, then it was three rounds of forests and pain. Tharn Pew Pew bowman easily crushed the Pressgangers, the Bashers struggled to get to Wurmwoods vicinity and ended up Strangleheld.

I opted to run Gorten vaguely toward Wurmwood, I could feat to prolong the game or hold it to try to line up *something* next turn. I went with holding it and hoping for a cheap win somehow versus continued prolonging, per the too-lazy-for-attrition stuff.

IPB Image

This is a list matchup I don't think I'd want to play again, felt vaguely oppressive. Need a list decked out to fight Circle it seems (It's my early Mark2 again!), or at least with viable pathfinder options.

This round is a bust overall as we go down 4-1.

2 round up and 2 down means the goal is perfectly on target, as we....intended? Yeah, let's go with that.

This post has been edited by Angry_Norway: May 17 2019, 03:31 PM
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post May 19 2019, 09:20 PM
Post #679

Game 404 - Gorten1 (Irr) vs Ashlynn1(LR) - OTC Round 5
Epic Pit/Championship Belt

Rumour on the street has it that I have a problem with this caster see. This pseudo french person with a toothpick. Name of Ashlynn.

This time around we went into the rural team, composed of some of the loveliest blokes in the game.
Sadly they've bought into Ashlynn's hype, or more specifically my vendetta with her. Ergo they supposedly set everything up so that I'd go into their Merc player, which sure enough worked out as they intended.

The actual issue here is that she is paired with Ossrum. My Gorten list is hot garbage into the Ossrum build,as it was 90% unpushable stuff and my screening models die trivially to bunnies. Cyphon, however, might have a chance to push through and kill the relevant pieces on feat turn.

However, Ashlynn has two units of Rocketmen. Breathstealer be damned, Cyphon can't do squat to that.

At the end of the day, I gambled on the meme being stronger than the desire to win. Thankfully I was correct. Well, except now if I lose to Ashlynn I'll be mocked for it until the end of time.
IPB Image

I picked the table with Championship Belt, basic plan being to feat clear out one side and scenario it. very likely this will be one of the rare games where the conveyor belt of doom is required (Place Eruption on the board, push Rocketman into so they can become ######ty versions of the human torch).
IPB Image
(Sidebar: all the Human Torch iterations suck).

Opening die roll features an Anastasia off, thankfully mine is a bit more sneaky sneaky sneak sneak. I opt to go first for the yada yada board presence.

Both sides have a defensive rubble circle (Ashlynns is actually the Llaelese Resistance theme terrain), I have a pair of small forests on the outer rim of the centre circle zone of questionable. Ashlynn has a burning cloud, a forest and some water.

Gorten 1: My stuff runs up the board. Half a dozen Pressgangers deliberately run into range of the enemy models for Alexia Soul feeding.
IPB Image

Ashlynn1: The Rocketman move up both sides, not super aggressively as expected (The local meta is more gun focused that my list is, so default caution was in place), they do pew pew my suicide Press Gangers so that's going well.
Ashlynn moves into the Llaelese rubble, unfortunately her dad remains dead from the Russkis.
The Jacks move up either side of her (A Toro and.....uh.....Rover? Something with Shieldguard).

Gorten 2: Well.....my caster is 17.5 inches from Ashlynn. Guess we'll see how this goes?
Acosta shuffles out of the way with a Vengeance move.
Grogspar punches Gorten forward 4 inches. 'tis on!Left Press Ganger unit runs forward to stop the enemy Warjacks coming with.
Gorten walks forward, pulls Ashlynn 4 inches forward through the rubble, the jacks ping into the suicide gangers.

I do a screw up here, doing a shot with Gorten that he couldn't do after the Grogspar Pitch. It gets Shield Guarded by the jack, thankfully it doesn't change the end result.

Ashlynn has one focus, it gets removed from a spiked Gun Bunny shot. I then remember Eiryss and do the Disruptor bolt, so....good at the game is me?
Other Gun Bunnies pop shots, one misses and the other does half a dozen shots.
Acosta charges in, opening attack kills Ash to the box. Had his second attack and Ashlynns Thralls to go.

Welp safe from the meme again.
I our team also take the round, though damned if I remember the margin (3-2 or 4-1, one of those).
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post May 19 2019, 11:51 PM
Post #680

Game 405 - Gorten1(Irr) vs Madrak1(BoH) - OTC Round 6
Epic Pit/Championship Belt

So....we're going into the final round before the finals and just, this is the cross the pool game into another pack of Northerners. It being the other pool we had a half formed Grid, the worst of mine was that four of my matchups were coin flip Cyphon drops. Eww.

Matchups happen. We end up picking tables. Turns out this was so no one had to move their mini's,the greatest of all strategic plays.

Surprisingly I get one of the two Troll drops. The only one that I marked as both a Green and Gorten. Woot!
Same table as last game, minus the Llaelese terrain.

It's Madrak1 with loads of Kriels. Medium based dudes for dayzzzzz. Basically a game where no one can be knocked down.
IPB Image

I end up switching board side, so now I have a forest and burning cloud.

For the first time in the tourney someone brings up theme benefits and I realise I hadn't used my Advance Moves on my Bashers all tourney. Such skills.

Round 1: Everyone runs at each other. Had I been a smart boy then a couple Press Gangers would have been lit off the burning cloud to fuel up Alexia.
Madrak ends up moving up much further forward than expected, behind the front two lines of clumped up Kriels.
Madrak feats.

Gorten 2: Sod it, Madrak is well within reach. Quick games a good game.

A Basher moves out of the way first, then Grogspar punches Gorten forward enough for the kill run (Super unsure on the punch distance now, it was far enough).

Left Pressgangers move forward, they do a pathetic effort on the Kriel warriors. Mweh, they are their to body block.

Gorten shuffles forward, throws out an Eruption at the Kriels, it scatters a couple inches but is still good. Gorten feats forward 5 Kriels and Madrak. Eruption pops one of the Kriels, which was annoyingly fewer than planned. Madrak also gets chipped.

Madrak can't be charged, not to big of an issue. Just got to clear a Kriel Warrior and Acosta can walk in.
Spray Bunny doesn't succeed. A couple bit attacks don't work.

Getting a little desperate, the right blue pressgangers move around, the Lass seduces a Kriel who wanders up and tries to swing at another, turns out these Trolls are garbage at killing each other.

I've messed up super bad. A blue Pressganger is engaging Madrak and was meant to move away (Doesn't matter if Freestrike kills him). Instead Madrak is engaged before he can get hosed. After flailing around for a better option, I end up having to use a Gun Bunny to kill the offending Ganger, sadly he has a buddy in the way that's going to stop Acosta getting in. Balls.

Eiryss moves up, pings Madrak and takes away his Fury. Remaining Gun Bunnies wing in some hits, one gets Scrolled. Only thing I can get in is a Basher with two focus. I need 7's to hit, basically comes down to a pair of tough rolls and Madrak can easily lop off Gortens head.

Thankfully it all works out. Woot woot!
IPB Image

Pretty sure we win this round 3-2? Either way we end up 6th, so mission success!

List wise, Gorten has to lose the Bashers. Never needed to slam, everytime they came up it was to walk forward and punch something in which the other Dwarf jacks would have been better. Going down to speed 4 is lame however such is life.
Next builds will either see adding in normal Dwarf jacks or magor list changes to get the new Galleon in for the 2 inches added to Gortens threat range.

Cyphon, it's been real, a better pairing must be made when I work out what that is. Besides Ossrum, HE'S BORING DAMMIT.

Team tourneys are great, wish there were more I could realistically make.
+Quote Post

35 Pages V « < 32 33 34 35 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2019 - 11:05 PM