Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallout 76 Prequal, D:
WMD
post May 31 2018, 03:32 PM
Post #1

Not completely Japanese

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 2,959

Kotaku reported that morning, it is in fact something completely new and completely different. The teaser might lead Fallout fans to believe that this is a traditional entry in the series, but according to our sources, that's not the case.

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/05/sources-f...e-survival-rpg/
https://www.polygon.com/2018/5/30/17409604/...ailer-breakdown

TRAILER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ye84Zrqndo

This post has been edited by WMD: May 31 2018, 03:51 PM

--------------------

Where hes wrong is that we went into Iraq at the invitation of the government, not as an invasion.
Were in Iraq as the result of a democracy asking for us to come in there. Its not an invasion.
Dic_ Morris - Fox News Aug 22nd, 2008

: Some Americans have the memory of a ******* GoldFish :

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mango
post May 31 2018, 04:53 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 84

Im keen!

Sounds like more FO3 survival than the plentiful resources of NV/FO4.

Give me tough survival anyday smile.gif
+Quote Post
Cypher
post May 31 2018, 08:08 PM
Post #3

Gooner

Member No.: 515

Depends what it is: if they're doing a competitive PvP game then I think it's going to fail hard. The market is over saturated there already and slapping a Fallout skin on it isnt going to make sales.

If it's more an instanced online game (like The Division as an example) then it could work. There's certainly room IMO for a multiplayer Fallout, but they need to keep the feel of the core game.

Regardless their E3 presentation is going to be interesting.

Sounds like more FO3 survival than the plentiful resources of NV/FO4.

I do mostly agree with this. I like all three of the modern Fallouts, but F3 was much more survival than the other two, where you very quickly assemble quite a selection of high end gear.

This post has been edited by Cypher: May 31 2018, 08:09 PM
+Quote Post
WMD
post May 31 2018, 09:12 PM
Post #4

Not completely Japanese

Open world Co-op Fallout 4.5 please !

Battle Royal style games only became popular last year, its possible that it might be fortnited but I dont think Besethda would flush three year development cycle just to crank out a PVP game.

--------------------

Where hes wrong is that we went into Iraq at the invitation of the government, not as an invasion.
Were in Iraq as the result of a democracy asking for us to come in there. Its not an invasion.

+Quote Post
Cypher
post May 31 2018, 09:41 PM
Post #5

Gooner

The Kotaku article compared it to DayZ.

Never got around to playing any of those MP zombie survival games, but it always seemed the idea was far better than the end result.
+Quote Post
Kordos
post May 31 2018, 11:36 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 2,157

It is almost certainly going to be an online free to play game

Likely a survival game of some sort

This will not be anything like a traditional fallout game

--------------------
We don't need a safe-space so long was we are not white vegan racists to each other
+Quote Post
WMD
post Jun 1 2018, 04:33 PM
Post #7

Not completely Japanese

E3 is 2 weeks away so we'll probably see more revealed.

They did say it still had a story, quest and basebuilding while being inspired by Rust and DayZ. If its Kill on sight, permadeath PVP I am going to give this a miss. Thats not the style of game I have any interest in plus the market is overflowing with these kinds of games. Something like FarCry or Ghost Recon would be acceptable mix I dont think it is a full MMO as three year is pretty short time to make an MMO with the release date hinted for Oct 27th (same launch date as Fallout3)

This post has been edited by WMD: Jun 1 2018, 04:39 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
HairyDave
post Jun 12 2018, 11:54 AM
Post #8

The Anti-Dice

Member No.: 8,664

So I'm going to pass on this one. While co-op Fallout seems like it should be fun, this sounds a lot more like it's ARK with a thin veneer of Fallout over the top and that style of base-building survival game does nothing for me.

--------------------
QUOTE("Archer")
I'll be on the tour bus putting whiskey and glue inside me
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Kordos
post Jun 12 2018, 12:21 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(Kordos @ Jun 1 2018, 12:06 AM) *

It is almost certainly going to be an online free to play game

Likely a survival game of some sort

This will not be anything like a traditional fallout game

So i got is 50% right

It's not FtP

It is a survival game

It is and isn't like a traditional Fallout game

--------------------
We don't need a safe-space so long was we are not white vegan racists to each other
+Quote Post
WMD
post Jun 12 2018, 12:56 PM
Post #10

Not completely Japanese

Allowing random people to Attack/Nuke your settlement is just dumb. While having a team of friends all help with scavenging would cut down the pain of rebuilding. I want my settlers to be fully equipped with combat armour and rail guns and losing it all would make me not want to play

On the other hand no permadeath, but also no more VATS
I'll probably wait for a review and then a sale before picking this one up.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Occulto
post Jun 12 2018, 01:09 PM
Post #11

Quelmet Bearer

Member No.: 58

QUOTE(WMD @ Jun 12 2018, 12:26 PM) *

Allowing random people to Attack/Nuke your settlement is just dumb. While having a team of friends all help with scavenging would cut down the pain of rebuilding. I want my settlers to be fully equipped with combat armour and rail guns and losing it all would make me not want to play

"There are no NPCs. So that's one of the big differences that we really leaned on, which is every character you see is a real person. But there are still robots and terminals and holotapes, if you see a lot of our Fallout 4 quests, they're kind of this found world quest thing, we still do all of that," Todd Howard said in a recent interview with Geoff Keighley.

It's not Fallout 4 with co-op play. You will not have settlers.

--------------------
I don't want the truth. I want something I can tell Parliament.

Red Baron: 'How lucky you English are to find the toilet so amusing. For us, it is a mundane and functional item. For you it is the basis of an entire culture.'
+Quote Post
WMD
post Jun 12 2018, 01:44 PM
Post #12

Not completely Japanese

QUOTE(Occulto @ Jun 12 2018, 01:09 PM) *

It's not Fallout 4 with co-op play. You will not have settlers.

Yeah your right that Settlers is a real player, You can see he has a Pipboy and was probably staged for the trailer. No human player will want to stand at a guard post anyway. So I though he was a settler.

I think there would have to be NPCs how would you get quest ? and what about the promised main story ?

IPB Image

This post has been edited by WMD: Jun 12 2018, 01:48 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Occulto
post Jun 12 2018, 02:38 PM
Post #13

Quelmet Bearer

QUOTE(WMD @ Jun 12 2018, 01:14 PM) *

I think there would have to be NPCs how would you get quest ? and what about the promised main story ?

Well as per the quote, there's still terminals, robots and holotapes.

But really that's the big unanswered question. What content is in the game besides building, hunting monsters and killing each other?

--------------------

Red Baron: 'How lucky you English are to find the toilet so amusing. For us, it is a mundane and functional item. For you it is the basis of an entire culture.'
+Quote Post
WMD
post Jun 12 2018, 03:14 PM
Post #14

Not completely Japanese

QUOTE(Occulto @ Jun 12 2018, 02:38 PM) *

Well as per the quote, there's still terminals, robots and holotapes.

But really that's the big unanswered question. What content is in the game besides building, hunting monsters and killing each other?

Building a giant fort outside vault76 and sniping the Noobs emerging is its own reward ?
Without settlers it cuts down what would be end game content of equipping all your settlers with end game weapons & Armour and Sim city fun times. That leave the main storyline once that is finished people will just farm legendaries and PVP each other.

This post has been edited by WMD: Jun 12 2018, 03:20 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mango
post Jun 12 2018, 04:01 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 84

Looks cool, im keen to see where they go with it.

Interesting to read all the whiners (in other places) about it not being the same as the last 2.

As a fallout fan I am happy they are trying something different.
+Quote Post
Cypher
post Jun 12 2018, 04:02 PM
Post #16

Gooner

Problem is the big E3 reveal... wasn't. I still dont know exactly what this game is, and they really, really need to release something to clarify what they're selling.

Im a big Fallout fan, so certainly interested, but have no interest in mandatory PvP. They want their online functionality, fine, but leave me alone to play in my corner.
+Quote Post
Occulto
post Jun 12 2018, 04:47 PM
Post #17

Quelmet Bearer

QUOTE(WMD @ Jun 12 2018, 02:44 PM) *

Building a giant fort outside vault76 and sniping the Noobs emerging is its own reward ?

Start giant fort.

Log off.

Return next day to find giant fort nuked by insomniacs overnight.

Without settlers it cuts down what would be end game content of equipping all your settlers with end game weapons & Armour and Sim city fun times.

TBH I got bored of FO4 long before that.

I'm with Cypher. The "reveal" really didn't reveal much, and what it did reveal just made things confusing.

Given no server browser, are you chucked in with complete randoms every time you log on? If you log into a different instance every time, then what's the point of building anything? Build something, net drops out, and you log back into to a different instance to before?

Or is there persistence, but you're screwed when you get dumped into an instance with max level uber-forts that just vaporise you with turrets before you know what's happening?

Do you keep your loot if you die? How detrimental is death? Are you going to be forced to go back to Vault 76 every time you die? Are there spawn points?

I'm keeping an open mind, simply because I don't know enough to even come close to deciding what I think of the game.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kordos
post Jun 13 2018, 10:29 AM
Post #18

https://old.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/8qn...ip_documentary/

[The video says] no private or offline play to speak of [but this seems to just be outdated as of now in the video].

CAMPs are mini workshops, certain restrictions. They go when you move servers.

Crafting mods, guns, ammo, food, water, armor, power armor pieces.

You have to eat/drink to stay alive or you will starve, etc. Cooking stove make food more efficient, put in diseases.

The more rads you have, the more chance you get mutated. They have +/- "traits" to it, you can cure it or ways to get it permanently if you like late-game stuff. Some are visual but some are gameplay side, tweaks your character a little.

Item degrades.

Food rots.

Level up, you get a new perk cards. Limited amount at one time. You can re roll cards by swap out perk cards. You can share perk cards within parties. So players can specialize and work together. You might be combaty or one is more medic or one is crafting. A lot have +/-s.

Exploring the possibly of setting up a robot vendor in a hub area.

Giving wanted levels to aggressive players and have death penalty as light as respawning to a nearby location.

Voice chat, emotes and photo mode for communication.

About 24-30 players on the servers. [Later on says 24]

Open the paper map, you can see other players on it.

If you're my buddy, I can immediately join in with you, load screen and you're in.

Endgame - cyclical nuclear war - teams of players work together to find nuclear codes and solve puzzles. Rarer drops, materials, going back to legendary system. Later on, find nukes again and do the same.

Want to make nuke launching fun - make area high-level zone.

76 is full-priced games with free updates for years to come, will feature microtransactions - cosmetics only to support dedicated servers and keep DLC free. Purchaseable cosmetics will able to earn through gameplay.

Roll updates and content to keep game fresh. Push decent updates at regular rate but also keep teams working on larger updates. New events or free items they give away [as updates to keep it fresh].

They might have to change their [update/game] plans when the players play it.

Pete Hines on twitter:
Well, we are still tweaking how it works but as I said in an interview PvP is kinda like issuing a chalienge to someone. If you don’t want to deal w them they can’t keep killing you over and over. Todd is better suited to explain the specifics

--------------------
+Quote Post
Cypher
post Jun 13 2018, 07:03 PM
Post #19

Gooner

The two docos NoClip have released on Bethesda and FO76 are well worth watching.

The 76 doco gives a fair bit of insight into how the game will play, closer to FO3 with a bit more focus on survival, crafting and exploration, which sounds pretty cool.

The lack of any clear information on the social elements - which based on what Todd has said at E3 are still being figured out - is a bit of a problem though.
+Quote Post
WMD
post Jun 14 2018, 12:07 PM
Post #20

Not completely Japanese

QUOTE(Occulto @ Jun 12 2018, 04:47 PM) *

Start giant fort.

Log off.

Return next day to find giant fort nuked by insomniacs overnight.

This is why you need to get together with friends to build multiple forts around the Vault 76 start point. Lock down your own server by making the start area into a Noob killing ground and stop other players from entering or advancing. I am already planning giant concrete Wall (that mexico will pay for) with Lazer turrets, and landmines. The newbies with their starter 10mm pistols wont be able to get past.

They said that once you nuke an area, it turns into Legendary spawning wasteland but it will revert after a while. Maybe that is what will happen if your Base gets nuked. You have to wait for it to respawn for free.

If it becomes like Rust Kill on sight PVP fest, Iam out.

This post has been edited by WMD: Jun 14 2018, 12:09 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2019 - 11:16 PM