Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Epic Scenario Event - March - Sydney
paulJam
post Feb 4 2020, 09:38 AM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 17,035

for those not on fb...

"Following up from our previous Epic MEGAGEDDON Day * Sydney CoD (Company of Dice - Padstow Chapter) is hosting March Epic Scenario Day.

This will be on CoD March meet day... 7th March 2020.

The scenario we will be playing is 'Convoy'... rules here...

3,000pt limit

scenario rules here

Each player will/can (hopefully) bring a model to represent their 'convoy'. If we anticipate enough player particiation in making our own convoy models, i'm happy to float a Prize for the best model (by popular vote). Basically this is a 'Warlord' sized model (stats more or less based on a Warlord, see rules) as appropriate to your army. Hit up your bitz box, come up with something that roughly fits on one of those new, large Titanicus bases... or eq.

I'd prefer to know who will be playing what army, preferably 1 week (29th Feb... ooooow leap year) before the event - and I will then try to make suitably (thematic) matchups for everyone playing.

The players will be playing _2 games_ against the same opponent, where first one player then the other will be defending their convoy as it crosses the board. You need to use the same army list as both the 'attacker' and 'defender'.

first game: 10:00-12:30

second game: 13:30-16:00

CoD opens doors at 9:30 so we _can_ be ready to go at 10am. The tables will be set up by then (i solemnly promise). For the Sydney guys, 2 1/2 hour is standard tournament practice and games definitely can be done within that timespan.

For any out of towners CoD is a great gaming club, very inclusive, very friendly... and we have beer and grub.

* I will definitely be trying to make Megageddon an annual event in November (this year, 7th November 2020) at CoD, definitely! So definitely keep that date definitely clear definitely."

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Deb
post Feb 5 2020, 08:32 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 5,112

QUOTE(paulJam @ Feb 4 2020, 10:38 AM) *

for those not on fb...

"Following up from our previous Epic MEGAGEDDON Day * Sydney CoD (Company of Dice - Padstow Chapter) is hosting March Epic Scenario Day.

This will be on CoD March meet day... 7th March 2020.

The scenario we will be playing is 'Convoy'... rules here...

3,000pt limit

scenario rules here

Each player will/can (hopefully) bring a model to represent their 'convoy'. If we anticipate enough player particiation in making our own convoy models, i'm happy to float a Prize for the best model (by popular vote). Basically this is a 'Warlord' sized model (stats more or less based on a Warlord, see rules) as appropriate to your army. Hit up your bitz box, come up with something that roughly fits on one of those new, large Titanicus bases... or eq.

I'd prefer to know who will be playing what army, preferably 1 week (29th Feb... ooooow leap year) before the event - and I will then try to make suitably (thematic) matchups for everyone playing.

The players will be playing _2 games_ against the same opponent, where first one player then the other will be defending their convoy as it crosses the board. You need to use the same army list as both the 'attacker' and 'defender'.

first game: 10:00-12:30

second game: 13:30-16:00

CoD opens doors at 9:30 so we _can_ be ready to go at 10am. The tables will be set up by then (i solemnly promise). For the Sydney guys, 2 1/2 hour is standard tournament practice and games definitely can be done within that timespan.

For any out of towners CoD is a great gaming club, very inclusive, very friendly... and we have beer and grub.

* I will definitely be trying to make Megageddon an annual event in November (this year, 7th November 2020) at CoD, definitely! So definitely keep that date definitely clear definitely."

--------------------
My collections

Epic Armageddon - Dark Eldar, Sisters of Battle, Squats, Emperor's Children, Vraks Renegades, Dark Mechanicum. Chaos Titans, Demons, White Scars, Orks (Feral, Gargant Big Mob, Warhorde, Kult of Speed), Eldar (Sian-Hann/ Biel-Tan/ Iyanden), Necrons, AMTL, and some knights. Planning on building Elysians, Iron Warriors, Tau and Imperial Fists.

60,000 points of 40K, mostly Emperor's Children Battle company. Sisters of Perfection Battle force (Slaaneshi Sisters), 30K Thousand Sons and 40K Thousand Sons demi companys, Adeptus Arbites, Tzeentch and Slaaneshi Demons and Night Lords Battle Company.
+Quote Post
Deb
post Feb 5 2020, 08:36 PM
Post #3

I am thinking of an army from a variety of list choices. Either Necrons, Dark Eldar, or Speed Freeks.

I am thinking of an army from a variety of list choices. Either Necrons, Dark Eldar, or Speed Freeks.

--------------------
My collections

Epic Armageddon - Dark Eldar, Sisters of Battle, Squats, Emperor's Children, Vraks Renegades, Dark Mechanicum. Chaos Titans, Demons, White Scars, Orks (Feral, Gargant Big Mob, Warhorde, Kult of Speed), Eldar (Sian-Hann/ Biel-Tan/ Iyanden), Necrons, AMTL, and some knights. Planning on building Elysians, Iron Warriors, Tau and Imperial Fists.

60,000 points of 40K, mostly Emperor's Children Battle company. Sisters of Perfection Battle force (Slaaneshi Sisters), 30K Thousand Sons and 40K Thousand Sons demi companys, Adeptus Arbites, Tzeentch and Slaaneshi Demons and Night Lords Battle Company.
+Quote Post
paulJam
post Feb 11 2020, 07:25 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 17,035

QUOTE(Deb @ Feb 5 2020, 09:36 PM) *

any of those should be interesting. have you got something thematic for any of those armies that you could use as a 'convoy' model?

i've suggested elsewhere that (for the imperial factions) an AT warlord model with the guns stripped off could be suitable.... on the way for repairs perhaps. something like that. though i guess orks could have captured a warlord and are transporting it to a chopshop for use in a stompa.... make a story!! smile.gif

or you could scratch build a 'something' too. i went that route just for fun.
+Quote Post
Deb
post Feb 12 2020, 03:21 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(paulJam @ Feb 11 2020, 08:25 AM) *

any of those should be interesting. have you got something thematic for any of those armies that you could use as a 'convoy' model?

i've suggested elsewhere that (for the imperial factions) an AT warlord model with the guns stripped off could be suitable.... on the way for repairs perhaps. something like that. though i guess orks could have captured a warlord and are transporting it to a chopshop for use in a stompa.... make a story!! smile.gif

or you could scratch build a 'something' too. i went that route just for fun.

for the orks, I have a Mega Gargamt that I can have the weapons removed. The Necrons have an Abbatoir. For the Dark Eldar, I have either another Titan, or an executioner assault barge. I have also made a list for Squats 1.6.1 and have a large Leviathan for it. I was also thinking of Space Marines (white Scars) and sisters of battle, but neither list would not suit the Convoy scenario.

--------------------
My collections

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th February 2020 - 09:44 PM