HairyDave
post Mar 20 2019, 12:09 AM
Post #361

The Anti-Dice

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 8,664

QUOTE(Thrawn's Fist @ Mar 19 2019, 03:19 PM) *

Comparisons to the first???

Are higher enemies still bullet sponges???

PITA exploitable areas in the Dark Zone???

It's mostly an improvement all round. The movement in particular is a lot smoother - no more trying to find the perfect spot to try to hurdle over an object. Guns still feel pretty solid. The equipment upgrading and modding is a bit fiddly but I'm sure that will become clearer with use.

I haven't got to REALLY hard enemies yet but I've not been having any issues shredding my way through all the bads - apart from the Tanks but they're supposed to be hard to kill. I will say though the AIs are a lot smarter when it comes to flanking, and if you're caught out of cover you're toast.

No DZ time yet - way too much PvE stuff to do armata_PDT_34.gif

This post has been edited by HairyDave: Mar 20 2019, 12:13 AM

--------------------
QUOTE("Archer")
I'll be on the tour bus putting whiskey and glue inside me
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Monkey Nuts
post Mar 21 2019, 03:14 PM
Post #362

Member No.: 17,988

I hardly EVER play PC games these days...but I've recently made a special exception for Battletech by Harebrained Studios.

I've been thoroughly enjoying it, it is a great game! Not sure what percentage of the single-player campaign I have finished yet, but I'm just about to jump to the planet Smithton (spelling?) to lay the smack down on however I need to confront there...I understand that I will also be able to have some Lostech that I found on my Dropship examined there...and likely have access to heavier mech classes...running a Mercenary Company is fun!

I'll pick up the current expansion when I have finished this campaign, and I can't wait for when they release either an expansion, free DLC or stand alone Clan-inclusive material.

Apparently two further expansion are currently planned, the next one, which will be available mid year is a city-fight expansion, and the next planned one after that is yet to be revealed.
+Quote Post
Shadow-MK
post Mar 26 2019, 11:21 AM
Post #363

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,100

QUOTE(Thrawn's Fist @ Mar 19 2019, 03:19 PM) *

Comparisons to the first???

Are higher enemies still bullet sponges???

PITA exploitable areas in the Dark Zone???

The graphics are the same with improvements in some areas. Main differences is that armour is the main health in the game and it takes 2 seconds to replace a armour plate to recover your armour again. Cover is very important in the game. If you are not in cover you will die. There are more skills and different options to take. The story is not as strong compared to the first game, but there is more background information if you go searching for it.

Bullet sponges enemies have armour or weak points to shoot. Once the armour is gone the enemy drop quickly. You don't have to shoot all the heavies armour off so you can destroy their helmet and kill them by shooting the head. Currently the scaling between 2 and 3 to 4 players is a little off so it is better to do mission as a duo than a larger group. AI is alot smarter and will flank you or push if members of the team are down, but there are sometimes that it does some odd things.

Dark Zone are split into three smaller areas. Two areas are normalized with one with no rules, everyone is rogue. There are only 12 players in the area so it is possible to move around the DZ and not find anyone. It is better to be in a group of three or four rather than by yourself. It's very hard to 1v3 or 1v4 now due to the lack of quick heal skills.

Exotics weapons require you to complete mission or find certain locations to get parts in order to make them. Hunter masks are can be awarded by completing tasks to summon one or more and then killing them.
+Quote Post
Herald
post Mar 29 2019, 09:42 PM
Post #364

Professional slacker

Member No.: 7,589

Wargaming have brought back the 0.7 version of World of Tanks till April 2nd, it's a great little nostalgia trip but man is it a reminder of how basic the game was back then. You don't even know how much damage you caused.

This post has been edited by Herald: Mar 29 2019, 09:43 PM

--------------------

Think on it.
+Quote Post
Sigma
post May 18 2019, 02:36 AM
Post #365

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,178

I'm currently playing Rage 2 and A Plague Tale: Innocence.

--------------------
Amazing mini soccer game play at bigheadsoccerunblocked.space .
+Quote Post

19 Pages V « < 17 18 19
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2019 - 02:53 PM