Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Any of you use magic in BT games (probably AToW games)?, Here's currently unofficial rules for magic in this topic:
NatanyaSmith
post Sep 23 2014, 08:51 AM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 15,956

A person with at least an INT of 3 and is a choicesborn (not Trueborn and/or not randomborn) may learn and/or use magic spell skills at a product of 5 second AToW turn per cubic meter of said noun magic is used to affect. The higher INT the more magic spell skills can be learned/used. Teleportation, invisibility, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairspeaking, and clairsentinence are magic spell skills. I was thinking it would be funny to have Kendall Jones magically be invisible and travel to the 31st century to shoot sleeping potion ammo into the bodies of high ranking Clan leaders such as the Junior and Senior IlKhans so they can be taken into custody.

This post has been edited by NatanyaSmith: Apr 6 2015, 07:48 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tyra_Nid
post Sep 23 2014, 09:59 AM
Post #2

Not Insulting You
Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran I
Member No.: 3,092

Awesome, could you please come up with some spell lists and descriptions of the requirements, effects,, and history/background of each? I really think we can get these implemented in next edition.

--------------------
QUOTE(Chaplain_Fortis @ Dec 3 2014, 04:13 PM) *

I'm going to break with tradition and have some useful advice.
+Quote Post
rogal_dorn
post Sep 23 2014, 10:10 AM
Post #3

Discombobulate's 2IC

Member No.: 66

QUOTE(NatanyaSmith @ Sep 23 2014, 08:51 AM) *
I was thinking it would be funny to have Kendall Jones magically be invisible and travel to the 31st century to shoot sleeping potion ammo into the bodies of high ranking Clan leaders such as the Junior and Senior IlKhans so they can be taken into custody.

I'm interested to hear your fluff justification for this rule change.

--------------------
+Quote Post
NatanyaSmith
post Sep 23 2014, 10:31 AM
Post #4

Mates, there could be magic usage of weather conditions and magic could be used for healing bodies that were injured. The less character points spent for vehicles, the more that can be spent for INT for magic.

Choicesborns can learn and use magic because they can choose to be supernatural, whereas all "Trueborns" can't learn/use magic because their genetically modified organic bodies are unnaturally born in gene tube machines that totally interfere with being able to comprehend magic, and randomborns can't learn/use magic because they, for the most part, have random ways of thinking which totally impedes their ability to comprehend magic (randomness and magic isn't a good combo at all).

Hohiro Kurita is rumored to have used magic to affect weather conditions in a battle against Galaxy Commander Osis in Lethal Heritage; Hohiro Kurita wanted Osis to wait four hours before that battle began.

This post has been edited by NatanyaSmith: Apr 7 2015, 07:55 AM
+Quote Post
MisterAnderson
post Sep 23 2014, 05:40 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 3,403

If physics has no place in Battletech then magic certainly has no business there either.
+Quote Post
awesomeshotdude
post Sep 23 2014, 06:41 PM
Post #6

Dead Picts surround me

From: ...the battlefield, drenched in blood, slaying all around me...
Member No.: 9,360

QUOTE(NatanyaSmith @ Sep 23 2014, 08:51 AM) *

A person with at least an INT of 3 and is a choicesborn (not Trueborn and/or not randomborn) may learn and/or use magic spell skills at a product of 5 second AToW turn per cubic meter of said noun magic is used to affect. The higher INT the more magic spell skills can be learned/used. Teleportation, invisibility, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairspeaking, and clairsentinence are magic spell skills. I was thinking it would be funny to have Kendall Jones magically be invisible and travel to the 31st century to shoot sleeping potion ammo into the bodies of high ranking Clan leaders such as the Junior and Senior IlKhans so they can be taken into custody.

I think you'll find during the implementation of Kerensky's Eugenics program, Clan Warriors were given immunity to all forms of sleeping potions, unless dispensed by way of suppository. Being invisible would facilitate the delivery of a sleeping potion suppository...so yeah, magic would work. If you're talking about the same Kendall Jones that I'm thinking of, I would gladly make my mud button available for the dispensing of a suppository sleeping potion, but I'd wear a Girdle of Teleportation Defence +69 so she couldn't simply magically teleport the capsule into my rectum...I want her to physically push it up there with her finger...

--------------------
“Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jewelled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet.”
+Quote Post
Feenix74
post Sep 27 2014, 12:16 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 12,528

The official magic in BT games sourcebook supplement armata_PDT_34.gif

--------------------
Incoming fire has the right of way.

The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.

Always remember that your weapon was built by the lowest bidder.

- excepts from Murphy's Laws of Combat
+Quote Post
NatanyaSmith
post Dec 17 2014, 02:58 AM
Post #8

i tried using a full edit to edit the topic at this link
http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=171990
to get rid of the "c in circle" copyright symbols, but there was no ASCII characters in the full edit procedure that are the "c in circle" copyright symbols, and when i selected the "Submit Modified Post", the "c in circle" copyright symbols still appeared in said topic. Thus the "c in circle" copyright symbols are magically appearing in said topic.

Edited part added just then: for some reason, the "c in circle" copyright symbol appeared in my newest attempt to edit topic of
http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=171990
and i deleted said copyright symbol.

This post has been edited by NatanyaSmith: Dec 17 2014, 06:30 AM
+Quote Post
NatanyaSmith
post Dec 30 2014, 09:50 AM
Post #9

How about using magic to develop a new element called supermetal that is way beyond aligned crystal steel diamond monofilabe armor? Like it could have a limit of 100,000 standard points of armor per kilogram? i mean, since a kilogram is one thousand grams, and a gram is the international measurement of mass, and this word "thou" is of thousand and "you", and a human adult brain masses about 1300 to 1400 grams, and 100,000 standard points per kilogram of one hundred you persons. What do you each think?

This post has been edited by NatanyaSmith: Dec 30 2014, 09:54 AM
+Quote Post
WitchFinderGeneral
post Dec 30 2014, 02:48 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 182

IPB Image

--------------------
Knights of Purity and Valour - Kill 'em all, let the Emperor sort it out!
Yes, I reply to a lot of threads with images. That's because your posts are crap, and don't deserve anything more than a cursory Google image search.
QUOTE(Chaplain_Fortis @ Apr 28 2009, 03:49 PM) *
Your e-peen just made me lolgasm.
QUOTE('Tilaurin on the subject of my brain')
Tilaurin--"And with any luck a pair of braincells"
Me--"Nah, just the one, but he's a mad hardcore survivor type, you know?"
Tilaurin--"A teeny tiny John McClane, crawling through the broken shards of glass that is your mind?"

QUOTE(Demon @ Dec 22 2014, 02:26 PM) *
in reality I'm a fair ######
+Quote Post
Shiaic
post Jan 27 2015, 07:24 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 14,512

QUOTE(NatanyaSmith @ Dec 30 2014, 09:50 AM) *

How about using magic to develop a new element called supermetal that is way beyond aligned crystal steel diamond monofilabe armor? Like it could have a limit of 100,000 standard points of armor per kilogram? i mean, since a kilogram is one thousand grams, and a gram is the international measurement of mass, and this word "thou" is of thousand and "you", and a human adult brain masses about 1300 to 1400 grams, and 100,000 standard points per kilogram of one hundred you persons. What do you each think?

After much careful thought and deliberation, I have to land on the side of: NO!

--------------------
+Quote Post
NatanyaSmith
post Apr 7 2015, 10:34 AM
Post #12

okay, how about 100 magic users combining their magical powers to create this supermetal of 100,000 points per kg?
+Quote Post
rogal_dorn
post Apr 10 2015, 09:54 PM
Post #13

Discombobulate's 2IC

mate, is that density or specific gravity?

--------------------
+Quote Post
NatanyaSmith
post Apr 11 2015, 01:19 AM
Post #14

rogal_dorn mate, that's 100,000 standard scale points per kilogram of armor's mass

This post has been edited by NatanyaSmith: Apr 12 2015, 10:04 AM
+Quote Post
rogal_dorn
post Apr 11 2015, 09:07 AM
Post #15

Discombobulate's 2IC

mate, thanks for the clarity

--------------------
+Quote Post
NatanyaSmith
post Apr 12 2015, 10:04 AM
Post #16

you're welcome, mate; and if you want ideas for magic spells & magic tools for an AToW game, then check out this link
http://www.spellsofmagic.com/

This post has been edited by NatanyaSmith: May 1 2015, 09:50 AM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2019 - 08:16 AM