Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Star City, Southern Sky Star Mats available
RegF
post Jun 13 2015, 12:09 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: WargamerAU Sponsor
Member No.: 6,269

Just a reminder that our range of Southern Sky Star Mats are shipping again.

They have proven to be extremely popular and we've shipped hundreds of them all around the country and a few to places like Sweden!

Many of our retailers stock them, so be sure to pop in to one of them to have a look or request an order or you can always drop in to our web store and place your order.

For those newbies to things X-Wing, I got these going because I got hooked and was disappointed with the paint-spattered-on felt/MDF board and disillusioned with the plethora of photoshopped unrealities out there. Cloth got stained by the first greasy finger print and spilled drink.

The universe is a pretty amazing place and there are some amazing things up in the sky, particuarly down here in our own southern hemisphere, so why make stuff up? It just makes the mat look artificial and avoids royal payments, admittedly.

That means the photoshopped ones are way cheaper, right? yeah, not what I experienced either...

After a lot of hunting I finally decided to produce my own.

I teamed up with a local astonomy group, Macarthur Astronomy Society and so began, after a fairly major hiccough that I won't bore you with, the Southern Sky Star Mats.

Here's a small version to remind folks:-

IPB Image

You can either just enjoy the pretty colours or there's a whole story behind each image and the object from our sky that it depicts.

They are all 3ft x3ft, not 900mm x900mm so your game gets that extra little bit that the designers had in mind.

All are printed on outdoor grade vinyl using water and fade resistant inks, so a spilled drink or pizza won't leave a permanent stain and rolling won't flake the print off the surface of the fabric when stored.

The surface is not super slippery, so placing the base of your ship is relatively safe.

There are two ranges to choose from:-

Hi-Res retails for $45 with free shipping to major eastern capitals, subsidised elsewhere.

The Milky Way images 1 & 2 butt against each other to form a 6ft x3ft surface with the image continuing across the surface for Armada or those big team games that are so much fun and chaos smile.gif

It also works for Firestorm Armada or Battlefleet gothic at a pinch, even if it is a little narrower.

Standard Res retails for $25 with subsidised shipping Australia wide.

All ship in their own mailing tube that serves as convenient storage when you are not playing.

Jump on the web site and head over to the store to grab one. Or two.

--------------------

Reg F
The Assembler
http://www.MakeMyModel.com.au
Assembled complete from the Sprue to You
Warmill MDF Terrain Kits
XPS Polystyrene Foam
Southern Sky Star Mats
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2019 - 02:49 AM