2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Comp scores
cool_conoly
post Jun 1 2012, 09:13 AM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 10,698

Any chance of finding out what we got prior to the event?

--------------------
Long live Pony Boy!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
EricH
post Jun 1 2012, 10:06 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 8,920

Sorry Adam, but comp scores won't be available until after the event.

I'll post them up on WargamerAU and the Terracon facebook page on Sunday night. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
cool_conoly
post Jun 1 2012, 12:00 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 10,698

Boo hiss! All good! Im sure that $100 I slipped you should insure I get me 5's We all know I need it!

--------------------
Long live Pony Boy!
+Quote Post
neil
post Jun 1 2012, 12:07 PM
Post #4

Clever Dick

Member No.: 2,415

QUOTE(lashytrygontrukk @ Jun 1 2012, 10:36 AM) *
Sorry Adam, but comp scores won't be available until after the event.

I approve of this.

Of course I'd prefer if they were never revealed or in fact taken into account in the scoring whatsoever tongue.gif but in any case after the drama of 2010, comp scores pre-event is a bad idea.

--------------------
Rule Zero: Don't attack or belittle bigots you share these forums with. Just because they incessantly post intolerant diatribes directed at racial minorities, women & the LGBTI community, doesn't mean they don't have feelings and won't be hurt by rude comments. Remember, posting hate speech is not against the forum rules - unless it's directed at another member, of course!
+Quote Post
Durkah
post Jun 1 2012, 12:17 PM
Post #5

Broken Badass

Member No.: 6,267

OMG WHY DID I GET A 1 FOR COMP. I AM NOT COMING NOW.

--------------------
"Just wow" The new meta for getting banned on WAU. Lives claimed since November 2014: 2

QUOTE(esrun @ Feb 8 2012, 04:53 PM) *
DND = do not disturb

I always play this especially while fapping.

Anthony Z:

"I don't understand why you take morale tests from dangerous terrain. Did you see what that rock did to Jim, quick run"

"######e tourney... Better alternative to going is masturbating with sand paper"

QUOTE(Elliot.Yung @ May 12 2013, 09:23 PM) *
You know your rule knowledge is bad when Shaun Hogan is correcting you :P

QUOTE(JBrehaut @ Mar 18 2015, 10:30 AM) *
If you really knew how to pullout, you wouldn't need a babysitter
+Quote Post
EricH
post Jun 1 2012, 12:28 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(neil @ Jun 1 2012, 11:37 AM) *

I approve of this.

Of course I'd prefer if they were never revealed or in fact taken into account in the scoring whatsoever tongue.gif but in any case after the drama of 2010, comp scores pre-event is a bad idea.

Yep. People seemed ok with the comp last year. I didn't get any complaints about it so i figured i'd use the same system this year.
There was a bit of hate towards Stu's method in 2010 (i personally thought that his system was clever and worked well), but simplifying it to what it is now has made things a little easier for both the players, and me for data entry.
Keeping it a secret until after the event will keep peoples spirits up, and if there are complaints then i wont have to deal with them face-to-face. tongue.gif
I feel that missions are better kept secret till the day as well. Keep things a surprise for everyone. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Durkah
post Jun 1 2012, 12:40 PM
Post #7

Broken Badass

Stu's method of comp was fine. Was more like a fantasy comp system. The problem being everyone knew the comp score they got and after loosing would complain they got a unjustified comp score. As usual people assume that if they get a comp 1 or 2 they should auto win all the games they play. But if everyone gets a 1 or 2 for comp... obviously people are not going to win all the games...

Secret missions. Fine with that too. Just no... absolutely retarded missions....

--------------------
"Just wow" The new meta for getting banned on WAU. Lives claimed since November 2014: 2

DND = do not disturb

Anthony Z:

"I don't understand why you take morale tests from dangerous terrain. Did you see what that rock did to Jim, quick run"

"######e tourney... Better alternative to going is masturbating with sand paper"

+Quote Post
DarkHorse
post Jun 1 2012, 12:50 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 162

QUOTE(Durkah @ Jun 1 2012, 11:40 AM) *

Just no... absolutely retarded missions....

Have you *been* to a Terracon before? Just because you said that, I am super hoping for a Pitch Black Steamer Pylons Parley Bob mashup mission. tongue.gif

--------------------
Knights of Purity and Valour - Kill 'em all, let the Emperor sort it out!
+Quote Post
Durkah
post Jun 1 2012, 01:01 PM
Post #9

Broken Badass

QUOTE(DarkHorse @ Jun 1 2012, 12:50 PM) *

Have you *been* to a Terracon before? Just because you said that, I am super hoping for a Pitch Black Steamer Pylons Parley Bob mashup mission. tongue.gif

No. Never been to terracon before. Just someone else went in my body. smile.gif

Certain missions are stooooopid. Like the moving objective mission that you need a 4+ to pick up the sheep.

--------------------

DND = do not disturb

Anthony Z:

+Quote Post
DarkHorse
post Jun 1 2012, 01:48 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 162

QUOTE(Durkah @ Jun 1 2012, 12:01 PM) *

Certain missions are stooooopid. Like the moving objective mission that you need a 4+ to pick up the sheep.

I forgot about the bouncing sheep. That one was pretty tame, par for the course really.

I know it is a new Terracon crew and all but I still do hope for some "strap on a helmet and buckle up, son. We are in for a ride" mission shinnanigans ala the good old days. They make for some of the best gaming stories around the fire.

-------------

I would be tempted to be dissapointed with not seeing my comp score but then I remembered

1) I don't care
B) I still remember the year with comp score with written notes where it said "No assault cannons +1" and I pointed out that my list still had 2 (which was 5 less than the year before). No comp system will be as amusing as that one
4) Worrying about comp and winning just cuts into my poker/hobos arguing over shoes time (Bobo knows what I am talking about)

--------------------
Knights of Purity and Valour - Kill 'em all, let the Emperor sort it out!
+Quote Post
death jester
post Jun 1 2012, 02:07 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 1,529

Sweet I'm the same I don't care about comp so long as I have fun which is a given. Saying that I am curious as to what Im getting for this list as it seems like a harder list than I normally take but only one of the must have units.
Also what nights poker please be saterday

--------------------
im nobodies fool wanna adopt me
+Quote Post
neil
post Jun 1 2012, 02:11 PM
Post #12

Clever Dick

Member No.: 2,415

New mission:

"Capture Thundergoat Steamer"

Deployment: 12" from Short table edges

At the start of each game turn, roll reserves for Thundergoat. He enters the table at a random point (determined by the scatter dice) and moves 10D6 towards the centre of the table. All units under the line take D6 S10 AP1 hits. Therafter, at the start of each player turn, Thundergoat moves 2d6" i a random direction. If i thits a model, that model catches Thundergoat on a 4+, otherwise roll scatter again. Thundergoat can also be captured during the movement phase by an HQ or Elite model moving into contact, but if the attempt fails he will scatter as above.

To win the game you must capture thundergoat and move him into an evacuation zone, and control the activatio nzone at the end of the game. (the evacuation zones is an objective marker that's placed 6" in from the centre of each long edge).

In addition, at the start of each game turn, the steamer moves in 6" from each short board edge and destroys all models in it's path.

--------------------
Rule Zero: Don't attack or belittle bigots you share these forums with. Just because they incessantly post intolerant diatribes directed at racial minorities, women & the LGBTI community, doesn't mean they don't have feelings and won't be hurt by rude comments. Remember, posting hate speech is not against the forum rules - unless it's directed at another member, of course!
+Quote Post
Durkah
post Jun 1 2012, 02:20 PM
Post #13

Broken Badass

lol....

--------------------

DND = do not disturb

Anthony Z:

+Quote Post
BladeRunner
post Jun 1 2012, 03:37 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 217

I am sure I can make this work armata_PDT_05.gif

Have you heard about the mission where one of your party gets in trouble with the authoratories and must be moved to saftey over the board edge or is that border edge by midnight?

Also remember playing Budda in the sheep mission he was taking me apart with ease but on turn 5 by blind luck I was winning with sheep in hand .I was really hoping it ended on turn 5 the look on his face would have been pricless tongue.gif Anyway he got his turn 6 and a well deserved win

QUOTE(neil @ Jun 1 2012, 03:11 PM) *

New mission:

At the start of each game turn, roll reserves for Thundergoat. He enters the table at a random point (determined by the scatter dice) and moves 10D6 towards the centre of the table. All units under the line take D6 S10 AP1 hits. Therafter, at the start of each player turn, Thundergoat moves 2d6" i a random direction. If i thits a model, that model catches Thundergoat on a 4+, otherwise roll scatter again. Thundergoat can also be captured during the movement phase by an HQ or Elite model moving into contact, but if the attempt fails he will scatter as above.

To win the game you must capture thundergoat and move him into an evacuation zone, and control the activatio nzone at the end of the game. (the evacuation zones is an objective marker that's placed 6" in from the centre of each long edge).

In addition, at the start of each game turn, the steamer moves in 6" from each short board edge and destroys all models in it's path.

This post has been edited by BladeRunner: Jun 1 2012, 03:44 PM
+Quote Post
Durkah
post Jun 1 2012, 04:05 PM
Post #15

Broken Badass

QUOTE(BladeRunner @ Jun 1 2012, 03:37 PM) *

I am sure I can make this work armata_PDT_05.gif

Have you heard about the mission where one of your party gets in trouble with the authoratories and must be moved to saftey over the board edge or is that border edge by midnight?

Yeah. I heard about that last year. Do I get extra points for completeing the mission a year early?

--------------------

DND = do not disturb

Anthony Z:

+Quote Post
EricH
post Jun 1 2012, 05:50 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(neil @ Jun 1 2012, 01:41 PM) *

New mission:

I think you forgot a bit. If one of your blast templates scatter and hit the Thundergoat, you auto-lose.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Welsh Rarebit
post Jun 2 2012, 08:04 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 5,740

QUOTE(Durkah @ Jun 1 2012, 12:40 PM) *

Stu's method of comp was fine. Was more like a fantasy comp system. The problem being everyone knew the comp score they got and after loosing would complain they got a unjustified comp score. As usual people assume that if they get a comp 1 or 2 they should auto win all the games they play. But if everyone gets a 1 or 2 for comp... obviously people are not going to win all the games...

Secret missions. Fine with that too. Just no... absolutely retarded missions....

Well thats kind've different to how i (and probably many) remember it but its moot nowadays. For me, my interest was piqued in that system and i would have liked to have seen how it would have shaken down if comp scores were applied differently. There were a tonne of armies that were comped bizarrely that weekend which for me (personally) made the system irrelevant. Old codex autoboost and "Ork hate" were in full effect. I smashed the crap out of one of the weakest Ork builds i'd ever seen that day and took a comp boost on it to boot.....and then had the snot beaten out of me by a supposed "4" list. I called the tourney winner when the comp scores were announced before the gig even began. It was a great idea but i don't think it was applied correctly....so it was the same as every other comp system basically wink.gif
+Quote Post
Buddha
post Jun 2 2012, 11:50 AM
Post #18

El Bandito

Member No.: 37

QUOTE(BladeRunner @ Jun 1 2012, 03:37 PM) *

Also remember playing Budda in the sheep mission he was taking me apart with ease but on turn 5 by blind luck I was winning with sheep in hand .I was really hoping it ended on turn 5 the look on his face would have been pricless tongue.gif Anyway he got his turn 6 and a well deserved win

I do remember this smile.gif That was a classic game... sheep running towards the dregs of the Tyranid force, and the Eldar too slow to catch them!!!
+Quote Post
scout max
post Jun 2 2012, 12:37 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 256

We had 3 sheep at downfall this year.. biggrin.gif I don't care about com much now because the hole game is going to change soon anyway lol.

--------------------
You lost today kid, you don't have to like it.
+Quote Post
Durkah
post Jun 2 2012, 12:51 PM
Post #20

Broken Badass

QUOTE(scout max @ Jun 2 2012, 12:37 PM) *

We had 3 sheep at downfall this year.. biggrin.gif I don't care about com much now because the hole game is going to change soon anyway lol.

You didn't need to roll a 4+ to pick them up. But that mission was retarded as well. Don't even get me started.

--------------------

DND = do not disturb

Anthony Z:

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2019 - 11:16 PM