32 Pages V « < 30 31 32  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Admonitions of a Suss Sufferer: Mark 2, all about Mark 3
Angry_Norway
post Sep 8 2018, 10:56 PM
Post #621

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 10,012

Game 352 - Rask1 (WWfF) vs High Reclaimer1 (FM)
Standoff

Alas, some of the WTC list tech has immediately appeared locally as High Reclaimer runs the double Signs and Portented Judicator of Doom. Few rules have ever felt as pointless as Inaccurate on the rocket.

Dropping the Rask all the Bone Swarms list (well, 5 iterations of anyway), as he's my more likely Menoth drop while Harby continues to stalk my waking nightmares (The sleeping ones are to messed up to post anyhere, even this quiet dusty tumbleweed plagued corner of the inertwebz).

Aside from the Judy the Menites have double Idrians, double the whatsit cannons, double Mounter Wall dudes and....sigh.....double kicky monks.

Far and away the most important terrain piece is a lvoely big central forest.
I win the die roll and pick first, I end with a fog in the left zone, a trench in my rectangle and a wall in the right zone.
Menites have a not super relevant water/forest deal on their flanks, they have a wall that crosses the border of the left/rectangle zone and plonk down an equivalent wall from the theme force on the opposite side. Whatever, just look at the damn picks and it'll make sense.

Beyond moving up and feating, not sure how this will go. Long term game plan is to get Brine into the Judicator. Said big Pig sadly looks delicous to the native tribes the Menites have forcibly inducted into their cult, so they both Prey him. Totem Hunter preys the left unit of Idrians, though it doesn't feel like a great choice.

IPB Image
Round 1: Dahlia is chilling out on the left, quite concerned about the possibility of her being Ashes to Ashes to dead, so anticipating her staying up back in super brave mode.
She walks up a way, puts haunting Melody up and mist Walker on la Snek, who Riles and runs up into the cloud.

Bone Swarms move up the centre, Rask puts Admonition on the front one, uses Veil of Mists to extend the centre forest and Furies up Brine.
Ninja Pig moves up shy of Idrian pew pew range, all the support staff chill out back.

The Pots shuffle up on either flank, one Bone Swarm goes up to the wall on the right zone.

Menites run the centre Idrians up, sending a couple to jam. Admonition triggers to move a Bone Swarm up. Right unit moves up and does some CRA's on the Bone Swarm behind the wall, maul it pretty good.
One of the Sunburst pew pew guns (Both of which are on the left) manages to clip the Totem Hunter with an AoE and set him alight, so that wasn't cool. Nice guys don't set FA1's that used to be a character aflame like that.

In a shocking wtist of events, the Judicator got Hand of Fate. It runs up the centre leaning toward the right side.

IPB Image
Rask 2: Standard top of 2 for Raskalosk, feat and set up positioning. Send something in as a missile.

Rask moves up, kills an Idrian, feats, throws down spells including a Veil of Mists in the left zone. Wrastler moves in front of him and Animi's.
Centre two Bone Swarms kill some Idrians to feed the left Pot. Totem Hunter kills another pair and Sprints to my objective.

Alten Ashley got magic weapons off the objective, moves up and kills the Wrack. Its explosion pops a pair of Sunburster crews, so some things are working out.

In this instance the missile it's the left most Boneswarm, who gets Boundless Charged, Fury and Rage. He goes into the left side Champion of the Wall. Alas I completely forgot to add the Puppet Strings and corpses of the left pot, so it misses its charge attack. Does dismount the the dude, only to then lose its mind to a return attack that it didn't have the corpse token to heal. Lot of wasted resources for just a dismount.

Skarath gets to move up, sprays down the Idrian Officer and toughs out a kicky monk. Come on Corrosion, you can do it!

Other solos just run around, Ninja Pig stays back, right Boneswarm forgets to activate.

IPB Image
Menoth 2: The Judicator discovers it is in a positioning nightmare, as it can't get over the objective and the theme wall.

Why yes, your honour, my reminder notice that I hadn't finished this one had in fact gone into the pitiless void that is the...I dunno, feeding ground of Weeboos who are wrong about the best Full Metal Alchemist character or something.

The various solos sod up killing the left Bone swarm, so High Reclaimer feats back the Idrians that didn't get RFP'ed and gets the job done.

Idrians swarm up on the right, they CRA down the Boneswarm that was behind the wall, repo to positions of annoyance.

Judicator ends up fanging to the left in the Menoth Rectangle, targets an Idrian to spray the two central Bone Swarms in the forest. Messes them both up super hard. Thankfully there weren't targets after that so they hand on with a couple boxes while being on fire.

Menites score their rectangle and the right zone, 0-2.

IPB Image
Minion 3: Snek passes its Frenzy check and only one of the central bone swarms dies to fire, so it's trivial for the Swarm to kill the solo blocking Skarath. Skarath then gets every buff under the sun, charges Reclaimer and dirts him with ease.

Hard opening game for the Menoth list, positioning not sussed out yet and the central forest is pretty helpful to me. About to swappsies my Menoth Mystery box, so expecting the future sadness that is double Judy builds soon.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Sep 10 2018, 12:34 PM
Post #622

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 10,012

Game 353/4 - Cyphon1 (OT) vs Locke1 (DI) plus Footnote
Mirage

Ye old weekend pickup Gamerooos!
Drought has actually caused a marked increase in giant jumping rats pondering onto roads hereabouts, the corpses are becoming more frequent than normal.

Took a few different lists along to mix it up for opponents. It's Locke in CoC, the best of form of the mechanical fastening person. Now mixing it up by dropping out the Axiom, not sure that's a decision I agree with, though I seem pretty bad at accurately measuring how much output it'll give out.

Rocking some Cyphonage, having dropped all the funky stuff to end up with double eliminators, min Drudge Bender unit, Machine Wraith, max Agitators. Numerous desperate attempts to get a 7th Monstrosity in just didn't work without losing to much other stuff.

Locke has a bunch of Vectors with questionable names that do stuff.

Mirage. Awkward for the Agitators, they don't really want to get up and score that much.
Central small forest, fog on the right, flanking trenches. I win the roll for first, giving Coc a wall near the left most flag. There's other terrain, it doesn't have an enormous effect.

The Reflex Servitors are proxies for Elimination ones.

IPB Image
Round 1: Everything moves up, it's a front line of Monstrosities. Onslaught goes up in case the CoC Cipher lands some annoying rough terrain.
With Kayazy stabs a few focus ends up sitting on the right flank Heavies.
The Machine Wraith runs off to the right, feeling somewhat starved at the complete lack of cortexes (Basically a Vector for it is an empty pizza box to a hungover youth).
The horde of support/secondary models buzz around in my backfield.

Convergence run up, the two Conservators go up behind the central forest, awaiting being super mean with Road to War.
Assimilator and Donginator go out on the left, light vectors in the back centre and the Cipher/2d Donginator on the right. Servitors throughout.

IPB Image
Ceph 2: The real issue with playing the Rask list at the moment is it has a load of Puppet Strong effects, creating an expectation that any roll of middling importance with have a mulligan.
In any event, the Corrolary has a clear drag line, so Cyphon shuffles around, pops a Drudge and...fails to land the 6 to hit. Oh well, Gallows is the height of hoping for perfectly average dice, so a fools errand.

The Monstrosities bundle up in front of Cyphon, CoC having done a good job of policing the threat ranges. Eliminators run around, one goes at the top of my zone as a blocker, other unit goes around the right flag.

IPB Image
CoC 2: Assimilator Grounder Pounders away an Overlord to move forward a Conservator. Said Vector moves in, kills a Kayazy to move his bro in. Both Shield Guard Floaty Bots end up in my zone where they murder an innocent Subduer (Truth. Monstrosities are basically kidnapped dudes stuffed with more flesh and steroids than an 80's Wrestler. Another bizarro conversion idea I'm to lazy for, alas the team of Immortal Warrior, Rick Rude, Brutus Beefcake, British Bulldogs and the pre-governator/predator Jesse Ventura).

Locke feats defensively, chills up back with stuff in the way. Primary concern being that going for the Conservators will generate the Catalytic tokens.

CoC score the left and centre flags plus their own zone, so 0-3.

IPB Image
Ceph 3: In which hitting things is difficult and Monstrosities have to become Proxy bases.

Plan is to remove four opposing heavies, which should set me up pretty well for the attrition win.
Cyphon is outside of Locke's control area, so gets to upkeep onslaught, allocate all his focus and back up while feating.

Left most Agitator shuffles a bit and Instigates. Right most fella moves up to the flag on that flank and does likewise.
The back Wrecker gets stabbed by different Cephalyx models to get fuelled up, charges the Assimilator on the left and kills it with its initials.
So far it's looking pretty good.

Central Wrecker can't get out of Locke's control, so has to give away toeksn as it bashes on the Conservators. It misses most of its attacks, handing out tokens and causing the turn from a pleasant muave to a horrible sticky Hexxus.

The Subduer charges the right Conservator in the back, misses his charges and does very little.Mmmm.

A Kayazy brutally murders an overlord to let the right Wrecker charge in, he at last manages to kill one Conservator and leave the other with just Movement left.

Only Monstrosity I've got left is the Warden, he charges the Cipher to toe the CoC zone. Only had one focus, so it's down to initials. Puts an alright whack of damage down, hindered somewhat by being unable to be in an Instigator aura.

Kayazy Eliminator on the left contests the left flag and kills a Servitor.
Machine Wraith runs to contest the CoC zone, sits on the hill.

I score just the right flag, 1-3. Pretty sure at this point it's curtain. Lacy, gently wafting curtains.

IPB Image
CoC 3: The right Inverter has Redline, if the Warden is killed to allow a spot for the arcnode dude to run to then no camp Cyphon easily dies to a couple Jackhammers.

Fortunately the Warden is reasonably tough and the Cipher fails dismally to kill it. The right Inverter then comes in and gets the job done, however it means I am safe from the assassination run.
Locke casts Bombshell at the Machine Wraith. In a better world he misses and the innocent undead creep gets to chill out and contest, alas instead the ghosty fella explodes.

The Heavies on the left aren't able to get in on an induction chain, so the Conservator swings impotently and the left Inverter spends its time trying and failing to kill the contesting Kayazy.

At this point I've survived to get another turn as all flags are unexpectedly contested.
Convergence still get their zone, 1-4.

IPB Image
Ceph 4: The feats are expended, I've got four Monstrosities still ticking albeit the healthiest is on about 2/3rds health. I drop Onslaught as it won't be needed for the forseeable future, I fuel up Monstrosities.

Unfortunately the left Agitator isn't in run range of the left flag, so I won't be scoring it. Instead he shuffles to do the run next turn, casts Instigate.
One Wrecker shuffles and Threshers, plus a couple bought attacks lets it kill a Servitor, the Conservator and the left Inverter. Other Wrecker in this vicinity can't really do much so just shuffles up to ensure the left flag is contested.
Eliminator in this vicinity kills a pair of Servitors, the Dominator runs up to be next to the wall.

Centrally the Agitator shuffles up and Instigates. I try to work out how the Wrecker and Subduer are going to kill the remaining Cipher/Donginator. I completely space on shield guards and waste the Subduer activation to drag a Servitor one inch. Strong stuff.
The Wrecker then easily kills the Cipher, the right side green Eliminators charge the Donginator to be in the way. They spike hard on their combo strikes and do a good chunk of damage.

Their Dominator just had one job, clear out the contesting Servitor for the right flag. Misses the back strike, after a short head scratch I find my only remaining option that doesn't involve potentially killing the Agitator with an Overlrod Spray. Cyphon shuffles across behind the wall and uses his spray, leaving the far left Monstrosities out of control. It is Cephalyx, can always hurt ma doodz to make them concentrate.

I score my zone and the right flag, 3-4.

IPB Image
CoC 4: Inverter tramples over the Kayazy after bit attacks fail to remove them. With jackhammer manages to pop the central Subduer and Wrecker. Diffuser tries to pop the Eliminator on the left, lets the team down. Servitors run around to contest and score.

CoC score the central flag, 3-5.

IPB Image
Ceph 5: Just have to pop the Inverter and we're good. Also ahead on clock, so things are sitting alright provided we don't slip up and lose on scenario/assassination.

Eliminators and Drudges charge the Inverter and manage to pop it.
Cyphon hovers across, sprays down the floaty orb on teh centre flag and rewards a Drudge by making him tough out.

One Wrecker shuffles across in my zone, pops the contesting Servitor.
Other Wrecker moves up and kills the Diffuser.
Agitators run to every flag.

I score the flags and my zone, 7-5.

IPB Image
CoC 5: Locke does a couple bombshells and runs stuff around, ultimately nothing can really stop me winning out on scenario in my next turn.

Well, that was a thing. Better Cyphon list for sure. Locke still seems solidly overrated to me.

Had another game after this, using Rask into Locke Crucible Guard. Not much to write up, Vulcan came to far forward and died top of two to Brine while two jacks were left out of control, so not much to say on that one.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

32 Pages V « < 30 31 32
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2018 - 02:22 PM