Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Blackstone Fortress 'True' Size, i seek any and all lore pertaining to the True, In-Universe size of th
Primarch_Anubis
post Mar 4 2018, 02:38 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,885

i seek any and all lore pertaining to the True, In-Universe size of the Blackstone Fortress.
The only snipped of lore I got was from ONE youtube vid, that the innermost chamber was easily 100 Terran miles across. I find the wikis' lack of definitive detail disturbing; and appalling.
I would greatly appreciate any lore the community knows, as well as the source of said lore.

Thank You.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 4)
BearPowers
post Mar 5 2018, 06:11 AM
Post #2

Leftist Frother
Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran
Member No.: 13,540

Not necessarily an answer, but they featured in both the table top and video game version of Battle Fleet Gothic. You could potentially find a ship you know the size of and build a rough guess by comparing it to the Blackstone Fortress.
+Quote Post
D_Arquebus
post Mar 5 2018, 11:34 AM
Post #3

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 10,027

QUOTE(BearPowers @ Mar 5 2018, 07:11 AM) *
Not necessarily an answer, but they featured in both the table top and video game version of Battle Fleet Gothic. You could potentially find a ship you know the size of and build a rough guess by comparing it to the Blackstone Fortress.

I recall it was understood that the scale between ships and Fortress-like installations was not the same... The size of the Fortresses would perhaps be prohibitive on a TT scale.

Unfortunately, I cannot recall reading the dimensions of a Blackstone anywhere before.

--------------------
ausbowl.com - The home of Australian Blood Bowl
theendzone.co- The burgeoning home of New Zealand Blood Bowl
thenaf.net - Home of the NAF (Worldwide Blood Bowl Community)
+Quote Post
Kn'Thrak
post Mar 5 2018, 08:06 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,930

I don't think the BFG rules even covered the size - and that's their original source material. I'd go look in the book for you, but I have no idea where it is.

They were closed up originally as imperial bases and they used them as defence stations and a major port. Definitely bigger than a Ramilles if the size of that is somewhere, but nowhere near as big as Port Maw.

--------------------
Please note, I can't receive PM's

I wish people would stop blaspheming comparing Lemmy Kilmister to God. He might be a decent chap, but he certainly isn't Lemmy.

QUOTE(jimjimjimmyjim @ Jun 20 2014, 06:31 PM) *

I'm really a bit clueless tho

+Quote Post
chromedog
post Mar 6 2018, 02:17 PM
Post #5

Traditionally Unimpressed

Member No.: 3,236

BFG doesn't cover the size of it. I checked my files (got the pdfs when GW had them for download for a while)

The ships in BFG are more accurately the size of a pinhead atop the post on the flying bases, the models themselves are visual representations to aid play.

--------------------

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And yet, with strange aeons, even death may die.

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th June 2018 - 02:56 PM