Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Modification to comp system
EricH
post Mar 29 2014, 08:20 AM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 8,920

Due to a lack of panel judges, i have decided that the comp system used for Terracon will need to be modified.
I could use panel comp still, but i feel that with only 2 or 3 judges it will give inaccurate and subjective scores, which would be extremely unfair for everyone.
This has not been a rushed decision, i have put a LOT of thought into the pro's and con's of the change, but i feel that changing to this system will definitely benefit us all.
Nobody wants to be hit by an unfair score by the judges.

The benefits of the new system are quite obvious. For 95% of you this will not effect you at all, and may actually improve your score.
The ONLY people that this will effect is people who were intending to bring a SEVERELY broken list.
The system still allows for very powerful lists to be made, but does set limitations on the extreme, which realistically makes sense as i am sure that we all agree that the broken lists do not belong in a comp'ed event.

I am expecting some complaints regarding the change, but generally i think that the majority would agree with it, and I feel that there would be a LOT more complaints if i continued with Panel comp and people were given scores that they felt they deserved better.
Hopefully you can see my reasoning for the change, and adapt to the new system.

The new system used will be the Melbourne Comp system. Some of you may be familiar with it. The benefits of this system can be seen on page 2 of the PDF.
For those of you already familiar with the system, I have modified the score distribution on the 0-50 scale on page 4, so i encourage people to read that carefully.

Please note that there are some units/codices within this document that have been banned in the Player Pack. This ban still applies. Please ignore the entries inside the document for them.
- Only official codices will be allowed, and must use the most recent codex.
- Allies WILL be allowed, and must use the Allies matrix in the 6th edition Rulebook.
- Codices that have rules allowing them to ally with themselves MAY do so (eg Space Marines).
- Rulebook Fortifications WILL be allowed, but the Fortress of Redemption will NOT be allowed.
- Supplements WILL be allowed (Iyanden, Farsight, Black Legion, etc)
- Inquisitor codex will NOT be allowed.
- Dataslates will NOT be allowed (this includes Belakor, Cypher, etc)
- Escalation rules will NOT be allowed.
- Imperial Knights will NOT be allowed.
- I WILL be allowing the RULES for Stronghold Assault (as they clear up a lot of questions regarding Buildings/Fortifications), however i will NOT be allowing any of the Buildings or Fortifications in the Stronghold Assault book.
- Imperial Armour / Forgeworld rules will NOT be allowed (Forgeworld models representing codex models are allowed obviously, its just the rules that will not be allowed).

If you are having any trouble calculating your score using the system found below, then feel free to send me a PM and i will be happy to calculate your score for you. smile.gif

Terracon Comp System Download

Eric.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2019 - 06:34 AM