Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Campbelltown Epic Day...
paulJam
post Apr 8 2018, 08:34 AM
Post #101

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 17,035

Hey deb,
Sorry for late notice but im not going to be able to make it in today.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Deb
post Apr 9 2018, 07:30 PM
Post #102

Member No.: 5,112

QUOTE(paulJam @ Apr 8 2018, 08:34 AM) *

Hey deb,
Sorry for late notice but im not going to be able to make it in today.

Thanks for letting me know.

Could you text or call me next time that you can not make it. I had already left for the post office and shopping before going to the Hall of Heroes, so never got to read your post.

Thankfully a mate from work came over to the Hall and I played an intro game against him trying to teach him the basics. He thought it was a bit overwhelming and complicated, but he did like the strategy of it, and liked the painted armies. He is on a tight budget, so could never collect an army himself. He said he might come and watch a few games now and then, but would probably not get into it himself.

The game against him was OK, but was still a training game, so does not count for play testing the Ministorum list. We used Ork Speed Freaks vs my Ministorum list.

I found that you need to keep the sisters, and their allies near each other, use the Hunters to keep enemy AC away, and gang up in concentrated engagements, as their fire power is really limited in range, and effectiveness, except for the Exorcists and the Black Marias. I got off Faithful rolls about 6 times over 3 rounds, and 1 formation that broke did not get wiped out because they were fearless from the Faithful test.

I did lose the Guardian angel from the combined fire power of 3 Ork formations, but their numbers meant that he controlled one of the important objectives and denied me another during turns 1. However I counter assaulted in turn 2 and broke them all in a combined assault. This however weaken my Guardian Angel, who was then bombed by 3 successive waves of enemy fighter bombers. The Titan killed off 2 bombers, but the blast markers alone broke it, and then it could not use its AA and he killed it off.

Hopefully you can make it next time.

Also I talked to another guy who regularly plays 40K Orks, and he said he had a new (well paying) job, and was looking to save up to start an Epic army. I recommended Orks. Perhaps he will become a regular player of Epic at the Hall.

--------------------
The world is chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms.

Epic Armageddon - Dark Eldar, Sisters of Battle, Squats, Emperor's Children, Vraks Renegades, Dark Mechanicum and Demons, White Scars. All of these over 10,000 points. Also Sian-Hann/ Biel-Tan/ Iyanden (fully painted) Eldar (5000 points each),

80,000 points of 40K, mostly Emperor's Children Chaos Marine company with some Cultist. Sisters of Perfection Battle force (Slaaneshi Sisters), Dark Eldar army, 30K Thousand Sons, 40K Thousand Sons, Adeptus Arbites and Tzeentch and Slaaneshi Demons.

Warzone Resurrection - Imperial MOW and WolfBane, Capitol, and Brotherhood all around 8000 points each - All up for sale.

Dystopian Wars - Covenant of Antarctica, Australians, Mercenaries, and buildings/landing craft. All up for sale
+Quote Post
Gorbag Hellstoker
post Apr 9 2018, 08:43 PM
Post #103

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,898

Hello. By campbelltown, do you mean campbelltown in SA, cause that's right were I live! would love to play epic, probably would have to 3d print an army, looking at knightly household or a 30k marine list. were do you guys meet, and on what days? good to find epic isn't as dead as i thought
+Quote Post
paulJam
post Apr 9 2018, 09:41 PM
Post #104

QUOTE(Deb @ Apr 9 2018, 08:30 PM) *

Thankfully a mate from work came over to the Hall and I played an intro game against him trying to teach him the basics. He thought it was a bit overwhelming and complicated, but he did like the strategy of it, and liked the painted armies. He is on a tight budget, so could never collect an army himself. He said he might come and watch a few games now and then, but would probably not get into it himself.

if he's genuinely interested i'm happy to print up a beginner set (for starters) for him... provided there are models in chosen faction available (plus real life pans out, re pm). i won't paint it though smile.gif
+Quote Post
paulJam
post Apr 9 2018, 09:48 PM
Post #105

QUOTE(Gorbag Hellstoker @ Apr 9 2018, 09:43 PM) *

Hello. By campbelltown, do you mean campbelltown in SA, cause that's right were I live!

sadly... no.
we're the south-western sydney variety. actually i'm from windsor which is near richmond (sydney).... both of which have doppelgangers in the most major oz states... madness.

QUOTE(Gorbag Hellstoker @ Apr 9 2018, 09:43 PM) *

probably would have to 3d print an army, looking at knightly household or a 30k marine list.

that's the spirit! you print already?
my playing armies are 3d printed so the ears prick up when i hear '3d'.
+Quote Post
paulJam
post May 11 2018, 07:57 PM
Post #106

sunday. epic. move models. roll dice.
+Quote Post
Deb
post May 12 2018, 07:19 PM
Post #107

QUOTE(paulJam @ May 11 2018, 07:57 PM) *

sunday. epic. move models. roll dice.

I will be there.

Ministorum/Sisters, Vraksians, and possibly Orks or Dark Eldar.

--------------------
The world is chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms.

Epic Armageddon - Dark Eldar, Sisters of Battle, Squats, Emperor's Children, Vraks Renegades, Dark Mechanicum and Demons, White Scars. All of these over 10,000 points. Also Sian-Hann/ Biel-Tan/ Iyanden (fully painted) Eldar (5000 points each),

80,000 points of 40K, mostly Emperor's Children Chaos Marine company with some Cultist. Sisters of Perfection Battle force (Slaaneshi Sisters), Dark Eldar army, 30K Thousand Sons, 40K Thousand Sons, Adeptus Arbites and Tzeentch and Slaaneshi Demons.

Warzone Resurrection - Imperial MOW and WolfBane, Capitol, and Brotherhood all around 8000 points each - All up for sale.

Dystopian Wars - Covenant of Antarctica, Australians, Mercenaries, and buildings/landing craft. All up for sale
+Quote Post
Deb
post Jun 1 2018, 06:37 PM
Post #108

I will not be able to be there for the next Epic gaming day at the HoH. I am moving house to a new place nearby in Leumeah, and will be relocating the entire weekend.

Cool thing is, that it is into a 3 bedroom house, and I will have heaps of room to play Epic at home.

I thought I would let you know now, so you do not have any surprises, and turn up at the HoH and wonder where I am.

Deb

--------------------

+Quote Post
paulJam
post Jun 2 2018, 08:05 PM
Post #109

All good. I'll be away that weekend anyway.
Long weekend etc.
Good luck with the move.

QUOTE(Deb @ Jun 1 2018, 06:37 PM) *

I will not be able to be there for the next Epic gaming day at the HoH. I am moving house to a new place nearby in Leumeah, and will be relocating the entire weekend.

Cool thing is, that it is into a 3 bedroom house, and I will have heaps of room to play Epic at home.

I thought I would let you know now, so you do not have any surprises, and turn up at the HoH and wonder where I am.

Deb

+Quote Post
Deb
post Jun 25 2018, 08:06 PM
Post #110

Next Epic day is 8th July. I hope to have another person turn up George, and perhaps try to get a few of the newcomers to get in some practice games before Castle Assault and MOAB.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ocelot
post Jun 27 2018, 09:13 PM
Post #111

Member No.: 8,667

QUOTE(Deb @ Jun 25 2018, 08:06 PM) *

Next Epic day is 8th July. I hope to have another person turn up George, and perhaps try to get a few of the newcomers to get in some practice games before Castle Assault and MOAB.

I'll hopefully be there for the 8th too.

Soooo!

--------------------
What is your life?
My honour is my life.

What is your fate?
My duty is my fate.

What is your fear?
My fear is to fail.

What is your reward?
My salvation is my reward.

What is your craft?
My craft is death.

What is your pledge?
My pledge is eternal service.
+Quote Post
Deb
post Jun 28 2018, 08:02 PM
Post #112

QUOTE(Ocelot @ Jun 27 2018, 09:13 PM) *

Soooo!

Yaaaay,

I have not played Epic against you for a while.

I will bring my 3 current favourite painted armies. Vraksian Renegades, Iyanden Eldar and my Sisters/Ministorum army.

I hope we ahve a few turn up. I really want to get atleast 6 or more regulars, some we can provide Newcastle some competition, and have a few go to Castle Assault, this yaers MOAB and next year to CanCon.

--------------------

+Quote Post
paulJam
post Jun 29 2018, 07:44 AM
Post #113

QUOTE(Ocelot @ Jun 27 2018, 09:13 PM) *

good news.
i'm hoping to pick your brains re tyranids as i believe you're working on them too.
putting together a bug army and interested to get your views.

QUOTE(Deb @ Jun 28 2018, 08:02 PM) *

I hope we have a few turn up.

i should be available at this stage.
will bring templars, titans/knights, possibly vraks or eldar.

QUOTE(Deb @ Jun 28 2018, 08:02 PM) *

I really want to get atleast 6 or more regulars, some we can provide Newcastle some competition, and have a few go to Castle Assault, this yaers MOAB and next year to CanCon.

i may not be doing CA this year.
i should be ok for moab.
and cancon is 50:50.
+Quote Post
paulJam
post Aug 4 2018, 08:29 AM
Post #114

c-town epic day: next weekend, 12th aug

i should be available at this point in time.

for those playing in Castle Assault the following week i'm happy to run a standard deployment army (as opposed to my recent experiments) for your practice pleasure; probably knights or titans. alternately i could run vraks or eldar if preferred.... loath to play marines 'regular' now but happy to field whatever would be helpful to you. let me know in advance if you want something specific so i can bring the right box.

won't be making it to CA myself as i have a conflicting family event (the date conflicts, not the family... though add a few beers and that may change).

@ocelot: i have some thunderbolts for you.
@deb: i have order markers for those new guys. not sure if you've spoken to them since last time.
+Quote Post
Deb
post Aug 4 2018, 09:29 AM
Post #115

QUOTE(paulJam @ Aug 4 2018, 08:29 AM) *

c-town epic day: next weekend, 12th aug

i should be available at this point in time.

for those playing in Castle Assault the following week i'm happy to run a standard deployment army (as opposed to my recent experiments) for your practice pleasure; probably knights or titans. alternately I could run vraks or eldar if preferred.... loath to play marines 'regular' now but happy to field whatever would be helpful to you. let me know in advance if you want something specific so i can bring the right box.

won't be making it to CA myself as i have a conflicting family event (the date conflicts, not the family... though add a few beers and that may change).

@ocelot: i have some thunderbolts for you.
@deb: i have order markers for those new guys. not sure if you've spoken to them since last time.

I will be running an army I have not taken to any tournaments before. Not saying what it is incase others going get an idea of what army I will be using is. Recommend Vraks, Titans, and lastly eldar if ypu have them. I sort of know how to handle marines now. If they include Warlords, that might be a little problem, but I know how to handle drop assault and standard marine land based armies. Imperial Fists with their defences might be a little surprise.

One of the new guys George should be there. The other guy I think - Dave, might not be there. Both have space marine of various flavours. I hope to convince them to sign up for Castle assault if they can make it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Deb
post Oct 6 2018, 11:12 AM
Post #116

This months Epic day at the Hall of Heroes is next weekend - Sunday 14th of October.

--------------------

+Quote Post
paulJam
post Oct 8 2018, 06:04 AM
Post #117

QUOTE(Deb @ Oct 6 2018, 12:12 PM) *

This months Epic day at the Hall of Heroes is next weekend - Sunday 14th of October.

i will not be able to make 14 oct epic day, will be out of town that weekend.
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2018 - 03:12 AM