Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Painting Commissions subforum

Please note: only current sponsors may advertise their services here.

Any member can post that they are looking for work, but only sponsors may reply to threads in this subforum. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor please send a PM to morsla for more information. The current list of WargamerAU Sponsors can be found here.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Experience with Titan Miniatures Commission
Vinakro
post Oct 31 2019, 01:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,262

1st time poster here. Not sure if this forum is still active or not, but I have nothing to lose.

I recently started a commission job with Titan Miniatures (stickied).

Arawn was very communicative during the negotiation stage (getting my money). I saw the number of likes on his pages, didn't see negative feedback and obvious past history which all seemed good and decided to proceed.

His communication has essentially dropped off a cliff since. He gave an estimate of when everything would be done, which has long gone past and I'm pretty sure he is ignoring me at this point, both on emails and Facebook message. I've spoken to one other person who has also had a negative experience (I only found him after I had already sent money and miniatures across).

Does anyone else have any recent experience with Titan Miniatures? If nothing get's resolved, I'm going to be out hundreds of dollars + minis, as I'm concerned I've been scammed.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Krefey
post Nov 5 2019, 08:27 AM
Post #2

Authoritarian Forum Dictator
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 98

Sorry to hear you've been having issues. I know he had some issues in the past, but I've not heard of anything more recent.

--------------------
www.celestial-lions.net

Laser Shark Designs
Webstore
Offering custom laser cut goods for your gaming needs :)
+Quote Post
Dornenreich
post Feb 25 2020, 06:54 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 18,298

QUOTE(Krefey @ Nov 5 2019, 08:27 AM) *

Sorry to hear you've been having issues. I know he had some issues in the past, but I've not heard of anything more recent.

Hey there, I am having the same experience with this comission painter and I'm becoming concerned I have been scammed as well. Have you had any luck with resolving this?

+Quote Post
Krefey
post Feb 25 2020, 10:11 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

He's not showing up to the LGS he frequented anymore, so I don't know how much more I can help. Might be worth chasing him by going to the police.

Might be worth reporting his page on FB too

--------------------
www.celestial-lions.net

Laser Shark Designs
Webstore
+Quote Post
bloodlusthonour
post Mar 6 2020, 03:30 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 18,301

QUOTE(Krefey @ Feb 25 2020, 11:11 AM) *

He's not showing up to the LGS he frequented anymore, so I don't know how much more I can help. Might be worth chasing him by going to the police.

Might be worth reporting his page on FB too

I've had trouble with his communication too. Whats your experiance with him? Do you know him
+Quote Post
bloodlusthonour
post Mar 6 2020, 04:16 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(Vinakro @ Oct 31 2019, 02:31 PM) *

1st time poster here. Not sure if this forum is still active or not, but I have nothing to lose.

I recently started a commission job with Titan Miniatures (stickied).

Arawn was very communicative during the negotiation stage (getting my money). I saw the number of likes on his pages, didn't see negative feedback and obvious past history which all seemed good and decided to proceed.

His communication has essentially dropped off a cliff since. He gave an estimate of when everything would be done, which has long gone past and I'm pretty sure he is ignoring me at this point, both on emails and Facebook message. I've spoken to one other person who has also had a negative experience (I only found him after I had already sent money and miniatures across).

Does anyone else have any recent experience with Titan Miniatures? If nothing get's resolved, I'm going to be out hundreds of dollars + minis, as I'm concerned I've been scammed.

Let me know if you have success with him, I ordered a commission 3 years ago so and nada.

This post has been edited by bloodlusthonour: Mar 11 2020, 11:48 AM
+Quote Post
Dornenreich
post Mar 8 2020, 12:54 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(bloodlusthonour @ Mar 6 2020, 04:16 PM) *

On facebook he regularly post's to ACT formal car hire. Under Arawn Nicholson. He seems to be responsive on there so pm/post on him there would be the best bet.
Let me know if you have success with him, I ordered a commission 3 years ago so and nada. im still pretty pissed about the service.

3 years ago? Wow, that is more than a little concerning. Thank you for the info.
+Quote Post
bloodlusthonour
post Mar 8 2020, 02:07 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(Dornenreich @ Mar 8 2020, 01:54 PM) *

3 years ago? Wow, that is more than a little concerning. Thank you for the info.

edited

This post has been edited by bloodlusthonour: Mar 11 2020, 11:29 AM
+Quote Post
reshy
post Mar 11 2020, 10:15 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Group: WargamerAU Sponsor
Member No.: 10,689

Hey guys,

Didn't realise this thread was a thing until now. Haven't been on this site for years!

I 100% understand and accept all fault for the issues here. Its been a mixture of over committing, time management in other projects/business, and a spattering of personal/family issues thrown in the mix. This is by no means an excuse, I've messed up, and am trying to make it right for all. (I know it looks like I haven't been painting, but theres a tonne of stocked up photos from the past year or so)

There's a reason I haven't posted on socials looking for work in nearly a year, as I have been flat out getting back to square one in finishing all current jobs.

Going forward things will be heavily re-structured, having an open and always viewable list of jobs, whats being currently worked on, and where people are in the que, so people will always have a better idea of what theyre getting into time commitment wise (which is my fault, I will no longer be giving time "estimates" as with work like this they are frankly always inaccurate) and where I am at with their job, and will be communicating more closely with the owners of the handful of jobs I work with at the time, as I have been.
+Quote Post
ErwinYukari2
post Apr 16 2020, 04:11 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 18,319

QUOTE(reshy @ Mar 11 2020, 10:15 AM) *

Hey guys,

Didn't realise this thread was a thing until now. Haven't been on this site for years!

I 100% understand and accept all fault for the issues here. Its been a mixture of over committing, time management in other projects/business, and a spattering of personal/family issues thrown in the mix. This is by no means an excuse, I've messed up, and am trying to make it right for all. (I know it looks like I haven't been painting, but theres a tonne of stocked up photos from the past year or so)

There's a reason I haven't posted on socials looking for work in nearly a year, as I have been flat out getting back to square one in finishing all current jobs.

Going forward things will be heavily re-structured, having an open and always viewable list of jobs, whats being currently worked on, and where people are in the que, so people will always have a better idea of what theyre getting into time commitment wise (which is my fault, I will no longer be giving time "estimates" as with work like this they are frankly always inaccurate) and where I am at with their job, and will be communicating more closely with the owners of the handful of jobs I work with at the time, as I have been.

Mate Ive been trying to contact you since Feb and still havent heard anything. Youve had my army and part of my army case for months now. Ive got your phone number from Yellow Pages.

Do I have to call you to have communication?

I'll be taking legal action if i havent heard by 1st of May
+Quote Post
jacke004
post Apr 19 2020, 11:38 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 18,323

Removed

This post has been edited by jacke004: Apr 25 2020, 03:50 AM
+Quote Post
bloodlusthonour
post Apr 23 2020, 01:21 PM
Post #12

Hey Titan,
To quell some bad faith from us could you just post something on Facebook or Instagram?
Right now the pages looks abandoned which doesn't ease concerns much.
+Quote Post
bloodlusthonour
post May 23 2020, 02:35 PM
Post #13

Are you still working on those models arawn? I havent heard about them since Jan.

This post has been edited by bloodlusthonour: May 24 2020, 11:20 AM
+Quote Post
Krefey
post May 25 2020, 01:25 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

QUOTE(bloodlusthonour @ May 23 2020, 02:35 PM) *

Are you still working on those models arawn? I havent heard about them since Jan.

I don't think you'll get a response from him here. a) this site is mostly dead these days and b) he rarely comes on to it as it is. He hasn't been on since 21 March.

--------------------
www.celestial-lions.net

Laser Shark Designs
Webstore
+Quote Post
Spawnis088
post Jun 11 2020, 11:29 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 18,343

I've had to take him to court (and won), I'm in the process of recovering all of my costs. He's had my models/money since July last year. I had been trying to contact him for ages, with no response for months. Then when I finally got a response, after going to fair trading. It was all excuses and empty promises.

I would advise everyone to steer clear of Titan Miniatures, Arawn is a scam artist.

Also, for those looking to take him to court. His full name is Arawn Nicholson-Harkness
+Quote Post
Krefey
post Jun 16 2020, 11:31 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

QUOTE(Spawnis088 @ Jun 11 2020, 11:29 AM) *

I've had to take him to court (and won), I'm in the process of recovering all of my costs. He's had my models/money since July last year. I had been trying to contact him for ages, with no response for months. Then when I finally got a response, after going to fair trading. It was all excuses and empty promises.

I would advise everyone to steer clear of Titan Miniatures, Arawn is a scam artist.

Also, for those looking to take him to court. His full name is Arawn Nicholson-Harkness

Out of curiosity, have you reported his FB page to Facebook as fraud? I hope everyone else gets their stuff / money back!

--------------------
www.celestial-lions.net

Laser Shark Designs
Webstore
+Quote Post
Spawnis088
post Jun 17 2020, 10:26 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 18,343

QUOTE(Krefey @ Jun 16 2020, 11:31 PM) *

Out of curiosity, have you reported his FB page to Facebook as fraud? I hope everyone else gets their stuff / money back!

Yes I have, still seems to up though.
+Quote Post
Dornenreich
post Jun 26 2020, 08:31 AM
Post #18

He's gone completely dark on me and he's owed me a commission for over a year.
If anyone has advice on how they were able to get their money back or resolve their issues with Arawn please let me know! Thanks

This post has been edited by Dornenreich: Jun 26 2020, 08:59 AM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th July 2020 - 01:39 AM