Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [VIC] Convic 2018, 30th June and 1st of July, The biggest two day KOW tournament in Victoria
Spray_n_pray
post Apr 5 2018, 10:48 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,109

Hello one and all and welcome to the CONVIC 2018

CONVIC is a two day tournament with the winner receiving direct entry to the 2018 Australian Masters (Which will also be in Melbourne).

TO's: Andrew Goodman and Geoff Holland

Date: 30th June and 1st of July

Venue: Burden Park Bowling Club, 880-924 Heatherton Rd, Springvale South VIC 3172
https://goo.gl/maps/LZ6n6NPgqr22

Time: 08:00 Registration, 16:30 Completion Saturday
08:30 Arrival, 17:00 Completion Sunday

Tournament style: 7 games format. 4 games on Saturday and 3 games Sunday.

Armies: Saturday games 1250pts, 1250pts, 1750pts & 1750pts. Sunday games are 2150pts, 2150pts & 2150pts. Armies must be from the same faction but can be different lists per point scale. Therefor 3 lists for the weekend. Please see player pack for more information.

Rounds: 1250 points is 40 minutes per player including deployment
1750 points is 50 minutes per player including deployment
2150 points is 60 minutes per player including deployment

Scenarios: Pre determined and announced in player pack before list submissions due. Scenarios will be generated from COK 2018.

Player match ups: Grudge matches can be organised for Game 1. Games on Saturday will follow Swiss chess style match ups and will be coordinated on TTT. If enough players then the Swiss chess match up will continue for all seven games. However if there are not enough Day 2 will have players seeded and will then be matched up again for Swiss chess match ups.

Cost: $50 bank transfer to Andrew Goodman.
Account: 102 97972
BSB: 063-581
Please email receipt to Andrew at andrewbgoodman@gmail.com

Players' Pack: Player Pack

Tabletop_Convic_2018

Trophies: For 1st, 2nd and 3rd after the two days.
Best painted (judged by an external judge)
Sexiest general (Judged by an external judge)

Prizes: Will be dependent on support from sponsorship with the aim to give as many players prizes as possible.

Updates will be made here, and on facebook. CONVIC_2018_facebook

Players (Confirmed in Bold), (pending in Italic) as of 9/6

This post has been edited by Spray_n_pray: Apr 17 2018, 10:58 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Spray_n_pray
post Apr 15 2018, 03:40 PM
Post #2

Date updated to 30th June and 1st of July

This post has been edited by Spray_n_pray: Apr 17 2018, 11:01 AM
+Quote Post
Stallandor
post Apr 30 2018, 09:00 AM
Post #3

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 306

Hey Geoff and AG.

Finishing at 4:10 on day 1? any chance you could go 3x1250 and 2x1750 on day one finishing at 6? were travelling and gonna be there all day... just saying... wink.gif

Much discussion was had at Briscon to rally the troops - flights and accomodation should be booked soon for a few of us.

--------------------
Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes.

Check out the Australian Kings of War Rankings - http://oz-kow-rankings.appspot.com/region=2&game=5
+Quote Post
mikecro
post Apr 30 2018, 04:03 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,103

QUOTE(Stallandor @ Apr 30 2018, 09:00 AM) *

Hey Geoff and AG.

Finishing at 4:10 on day 1? any chance you could go 3x1250 and 2x1750 on day one finishing at 6? were travelling and gonna be there all day... just saying... wink.gif

Much discussion was had at Briscon to rally the troops - flights and accomodation should be booked soon for a few of us.

Personally I think 4 games is enough. There's always a temptation to cram in as many games as possible but 7 across the weekend is plenty in my view

This post has been edited by mikecro: May 5 2018, 06:51 PM

--------------------
QUOTE(Stallandor @ Feb 1 2017, 11:19 AM) *
Victoria has its MikeCro. All hail Mikecro, MikeCon, and the the state of Mikecronesia

Vagabonds Club
+Quote Post
Stallandor
post May 5 2018, 02:29 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(mikecro @ Apr 30 2018, 04:03 PM) *

Personally I think 4 games is enough. There's always a temptation to cram in as many games as possible but 7 across the weekend is plenty interesting my view

But there tiny games, mini ones, its like playing 2.5 games instead of 4 really...

Are we going to have 2-3 players from SA, VIC, ACT, NSW & QLD? might be something in that for the evening...

QUOTE(mikecro @ Apr 30 2018, 04:03 PM) *

Personally I think 4 games is enough. There's always a temptation to cram in as many games as possible but 7 across the weekend is plenty interesting my view

But there tiny games, mini ones, its like playing 2.5 games instead of 4 really...

Are we going to have 2-3 players from SA, VIC, ACT, NSW & QLD? might be something in that for the evening...

--------------------
Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes.

Check out the Australian Kings of War Rankings - http://oz-kow-rankings.appspot.com/region=2&game=5
+Quote Post
Spray_n_pray
post May 8 2018, 06:50 PM
Post #6

Hi Ken,

I'll have a chat to AG about that. I'd love to see a social something at night for sure. Cards worked well last year but having something a bit more concrete could be cool!
+Quote Post
Stallandor
post Jun 26 2018, 01:42 PM
Post #7

CONVIC!!! Woo!
Lists printed, army packed (flying thursday - I'm getting pre-tourney hype early...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spray_n_pray
post Jun 27 2018, 03:07 PM
Post #8

Excellent! Very excited for this weekend that is for sure!
See you down at the club Friday for set up?
+Quote Post
Stallandor
post Jun 27 2018, 04:28 PM
Post #9

Saturday morning for me sorry - busy Friday night. See you then.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spray_n_pray
post Jul 12 2018, 07:28 PM
Post #10

CONVIC 2018 wrap up

First thing I wan’t to say is sorry for the delay in getting results to people regarding CONVIC as I have been away in FNQ on a bit of R&R. Thanks to everyone who came down, played or followed the weekend as it was an absolute blast. In the end we have 18 players rolling dice over the weekend after a few had to pull out at last minute. For those who don’t know how CONVIC works we started the Saturday with 2 games of 1250 points and 2 games of 1750. By the end of Day 1 we had Staks in lead with 61 points.

One of the best parts of CONVIC where we play at the Burden Park Bowls Club which has nice cheap pots of beer. After the dice were down for day one some players ventured over to the pub for a meal and came back for some more dice rolls playing a blind deployment 3500 point game, which I have posted about earlier.

Day 2 started our 3 matches at 2150 points. This day featured no points restrictions and some lists featured 3 dragons, yes that is correct 3! We had Dom Holloway come down and judge the painting for all players and the standard was quite high. Going into the last round all positions on the podium were up for grabs and at the end of the round we had a winner!

We were generously supported by General Games Malvern East with prize support and trophies were 3d printed. We were sent out some great gear by ‘Counter Charger’ whom supported us with a podcast. We also had a very kind committee of bowlers selected the CONVIC special prize of “Sexiest General”. So without further to do onto the winners!

1st Place: (For the 2nd year in a row CONVIC went to an interstater) Clint Richards
2nd Place: (The bridesmaid of another 2 day tournament) Adrian Stakula
3rd Pace: (The man who hates dwarves so much he would rather not play) Mike Crossman
Sexiest General: (Silver wooly fox) Josh Angel
Best Painted: (No jetpack dwarves) Adrian Stakula
Counter charger (middle of the pack): Peter Spiller
Wooden spoon: (non stalking nightstalkers) Rohan Dowd

AG and I are already looking forward to CONVIC 2019 and will aim to have points levels locked in 6 months in advance to enable modelling and I will make sure I will remember when my girlfriends birthday is so the tournament dates don’t change….

Final standings
www.tabletop.to/convic2018
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th July 2018 - 01:37 PM