Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Warriors March - 40k Tournament, 1750 points; on 12th March at GW Mt Gravatt
Malakii
post Dec 2 2015, 12:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 12,475

Warriors March

The Queensland Gamers Guild (QGG) in partnership with GW Mt Gravatt Battle Bunker invites you!

Event details

1750 Points: comprised of any number of Detachments
Where: Games Workshop Mt Gravatt, 2120 Logan Road, Upper Mt Gravatt
When: Saturday 12th March 2016
Cost: Early Bird Special: $30 if paid before 1st March; $40 thereafter...
Cap: 32 Players

Players Pack:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6snqaeixtnakrnx/M...202016.pdf?dl=0

This is a no holds barred open 40k Tournament!!

Ok so maybe that's not entirely true...Armies must be battle forged and we are limiting the following:
  • ForgeWorld to a maximum of 250 points
  • 0-1 Super Heavy Vehicle/ Walker or Gargantuan Creature
  • No Apocalypse formations or rules
Remember as there is a cap of 32 players due to space restrictions...the first to pay are the first to play tongue.gif

Player Registration

1. Vaughan Clacher
2. Justin Rees
3. Sam Burkes
4. Zak Kalogerakis
5. Jeremy O'Kell
6. Hassan (Teddy) Bulhan
7. Brett Warhurst
8. Lachlan Carter
9. Thomas Bruzek
10. Liam Hackett
11. William Ferguson
12. Gary Levitt
13. Joe Nixon
14. Hayden Walduck
15. Simon Gojkovic
16. David Potton
17. Jason Beasley
18. Bart (?)
19. Josh Brandon

This post has been edited by Malakii: Mar 9 2016, 04:33 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Blackhearts Reaver
post Dec 2 2015, 04:21 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 446

So is the 1 large thing limited by the FW 250pt limit?
Or are you allowed to bring things like a Eldar Revenant titan out of the Escalation book?(40K approved). Or for that matter are you allowed a single thing like a Baneblade/variant/etc for more than 250 pts? (out of the recently released Montka supplement.)

What about things like 30K vehicles ? are they "FW" if they are 40K approved? (or do we have to prepare for things like FellBlades and Spartan assault tanks.???

Also : RE time limits? will players be put in a position where one player who is player1 gets to play his game turn and then the player2 does not get their player turn of that game turn? (eg only play say 4 and 1/2 turns? giving the player 1 player a big advantage achieving missions and player 2 gets left a player turn short?

Mission:
By a Maelstrom mission that cant be "achieved" I am assuming things like "kill a psyker" and the enemy army has no psyker?
Not just stuff like "Get Objective 5" and there is no movement way for me to get to Objective 5 this turn?

I would also suggest you reduce the "Blackhawk down" (relic mission) scatter distance to 1d6 or 2d6. I have seen that mission used in the past and seen it scatters 20-24" into the middle of one player's deployment zone and basically hands them the game on a dice roll at the beginning of a game. I have been the lucky recipient of this good fortune (19" scatter smile.gif) but I have also seen others be on the losing end of it and they are not very happy about a game that is not a game from Before Turn1.

This post has been edited by Blackhearts Reaver: Dec 2 2015, 04:39 PM

--------------------
Run local tourneys, Make terrain. 75,000+ pts...Play 1-3 games a week...(40K,BFG,BB,FoW).
Good Trader +149 .....QLD Masters: 1st/14(Tau), 1st/12(Daemons), 4th/15(Daemons), 1st/16(Orks), 2nd/15? (IG), 6th/22(Eldar).
AUS ranking=briefly No.1. :) ATC2011=QLD team ChampionsATC2012=QLD 5th
Retired from Competitive play sometime early? 2013

Try to be positive and help... not negative and tear things down.

"I passionately believe that's it's not just what you say that counts, it's also how you say it - that the success of your argument critically depends on your manner of presenting it." Alain de Botton
+Quote Post
Malakii
post Dec 2 2015, 07:22 PM
Post #3

Thanks for level of interest! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Blackhearts Reaver @ Dec 2 2015, 04:21 PM) *

So is the 1 large thing limited by the FW 250pt limit?

Yes

What about things like 30K vehicles ?

If they cost less than 250 points you can take them.

Also : RE time limits?

It’s the responsibility of both players to ensure that there is enough time left so that both can play the turn. That is why the remaining time will be called out so you & your opponent can discuss this. Learning to play to a time limit is critical in a tournament setting.

By a Maelstrom mission that cant be "achieved" I am assuming things like "kill a psyker" and the enemy army has no psyker?

Yes

I would also suggest you reduce the "Blackhawk down" (relic mission) scatter distance to 1d6 or 2d6.

Thanks for the input but the Missions will stay as they are. This mission is deliberately designed to have a random element and players will need to design their army with this in mind. Changing your tactical strategy in the midst of battle to overcome uncertain elements is part of being a good general.

So for example if you choose to take a static gunline, that’s fine…just accept you might not do as well in this mission (or the Maelstrom missions in general!)
+Quote Post
Blackhearts Reaver
post Dec 5 2015, 01:44 PM
Post #4

Sorry I am confused on one answer.

so the 0-1 Lord Of War choice is also limited to under 250pts? Are there any that are under 250pts? (well Independant Character LoW, I suppose>> is that what you are intending? >>> no Wraith knights295pts / no Baneblades440pts/ no tessserract550pts or obelisk 300pts)

A Landraider(250pts) cant even take a MM(+10pts) upgrade?

also can you be more specific:
Eldar Revenant titan
is in a 40K book (the Escalation book) not a FW book.

Also are you allowing Fortifications out of 40K books? eg is the Aquilla Strongpoint (with Void Missles) out of the
40K Stronghold Assault Fortification book allowed? (it has seven 5" barrage blasts with vortex >> they land and remain in play, scattering each turn(only dissappearing on a double scatter roll).... so by turn 3 then enemy player can have 3x Vortex strD AP2 blast5" roaming around there deployment zone....

If so are scratchbuids with mostly GW parts allowed.... EG:
IPB Image

This post has been edited by Blackhearts Reaver: Dec 5 2015, 02:21 PM

--------------------
Run local tourneys, Make terrain. 75,000+ pts...Play 1-3 games a week...(40K,BFG,BB,FoW).
Good Trader +149 .....QLD Masters: 1st/14(Tau), 1st/12(Daemons), 4th/15(Daemons), 1st/16(Orks), 2nd/15? (IG), 6th/22(Eldar).

"I passionately believe that's it's not just what you say that counts, it's also how you say it - that the success of your argument critically depends on your manner of presenting it." Alain de Botton
+Quote Post
Malakii
post Dec 5 2015, 07:32 PM
Post #5

So with this level of interest can I put you down as a confirmed player? biggrin.gif tongue.gif dry.gif

The LoW choice is not limited to 250 points. Not sure how you read it that way... Cause that would be silly and exclude pretty much all LoW choices. armata_PDT_04.gif Forge world models that are LoW choices must be less than 250 points...so...to clarify the Eldar Revenant is not allowed as you buy it from Foregeworld and you can only spend 250 points on Foregeworld models...not 900 points. (as per the players pack)

Yes you can take the Aquilla strongpoint, but as the event has a WYSIWYG requirement you would have to buy one or make an awesome conversion. Would be pretty cool. Also.. now that Baneblades are LoW choices since the latest Tau campaign books you can take the standard one of those (cause it's not a Foregeworld model). Versus a Imperial Knight or Wraithknight (which you can also take) I'd rather take the super heavy walker. You can even take the new Tau Stormsurge!

Players need to plan that they will face 1 big toy. With 1750 points to spend that's pretty easy to counter.

I look forward to seeing your list.
Cheers
B

This post has been edited by Malakii: Dec 5 2015, 09:24 PM
+Quote Post
Blackhearts Reaver
post Dec 6 2015, 11:02 AM
Post #6

the above pic is my scratchbuild Aquilla Strongpoint. It is dimensionally virtually the same as the real Strongpoint. Its detailing is mostly GW bits from GW terrain kits. (I will paint it up better).

Is it OK to use?

This post has been edited by Blackhearts Reaver: Dec 6 2015, 11:03 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
beasovich
post Dec 6 2015, 01:51 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 24

It will come down to the GW managers approval.

But why don't you post the pic up on their f/book page and you'll get your answer directly.

Cheers
+Quote Post
Malakii
post Dec 6 2015, 05:29 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(Blackhearts Reaver @ Dec 6 2015, 11:02 AM) *

the above pic is my scratchbuild Aquilla Strongpoint. It is dimensionally virtually the same as the real Strongpoint. Its detailing is mostly GW bits from GW terrain kits. (I will paint it up better).

Is it OK to use?

Yes if it was a tournament at a club I'd say not a problem!... However this event is being held at a Games Workshop store and we are restricted by their policy about players not fielding any nonGW products and this does include scratch builds that have non GW parts.

Awesome build by the way armata_PDT_37.gif

This post has been edited by Malakii: Dec 6 2015, 05:38 PM
+Quote Post
Malakii
post Dec 6 2015, 05:32 PM
Post #9

double post armata_PDT_05.gif

This post has been edited by Malakii: Dec 6 2015, 05:37 PM
+Quote Post
fofjunior
post Dec 6 2015, 08:45 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 9,506

So if I use chapter tactics from IA, do all the models count as forgeworld even if there normal Tac's or Dev's?

--------------------
Quote of wisdom - Semper Fidelis

40K goals for 2017 - play socially more often, complete armies on parade project with son.

Life goals - Lose 15kgs, improve health, spend more quality time with my wife, children and grandchildren. Catch up with friends.
+Quote Post
Malakii
post Dec 6 2015, 09:28 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(fofjunior @ Dec 6 2015, 08:45 PM) *

So if I use chapter tactics from IA, do all the models count as forgeworld even if there normal Tac's or Dev's?

Not at all.

Quite literally we are only talking about models you can actually buy from forgeworld.

At no point have we mentioned rules, such as those found in imperial armour or the escalation book in relation to the 250 points cap allowed. This has been included to allow people whom have spent money and time on forgeworld products to play with their toys ...but limit it so this can not be abused by something too overpowered for normal 40k play.

Cheers
B
+Quote Post
Hunterdubstep
post Dec 9 2015, 05:01 PM
Post #12

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,796

Just wanted to be 100% clear on what sort of detachment we are allowed to bring, for example if I ran an space marine army, and brought an allied detachment of tau (1 HQ, 1 troop, 1 heavy support) could I also include the "riptide wing" detachment ( 3 riptides)?

Just to be clear I don't plan on bringing this at all I just want to see if we are allowed to bring one of the formations from a codex included as part of an allied detachment.
+Quote Post
Malakii
post Dec 9 2015, 07:26 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(Hunterdubstep @ Dec 9 2015, 05:01 PM) *

Just wanted to be 100% clear on what sort of detachment we are allowed to bring...

You can bring as many detachments as you like. So for the example above yes you can do this.

For those thinking this might be game breaking; you'll find that most "competitive" lists are no more than 2 detachments otherwise you end up spending too much on units to full out the various detachment requirements and lose impact.

Update - just to clarify a "formation' is a type of detachment. You can even take an army that is a series of formations

Cheers
B

This post has been edited by Malakii: Dec 10 2015, 04:46 PM
+Quote Post
fofjunior
post Dec 17 2015, 11:44 AM
Post #14

Okay, so I've pencilled this in. Is this the type of list you would expect to see:

COMPANY OF THE GREAT WOLF

HQ
Wolf lord on bike with Kraken sword and Storm shield.

FAST
3 x TWC (Pack leader, TH & SS, 1 x SS)

ELITE
2 x Iron priests on bikes (2 cyber wolves each)

HEAVY
1 x Sicaran with las sponsons

SKYHAMMER FORMATION
FIRE HAWKS TACTICS (gives +1 S to hammer of wrath, and flamers upon arriving from reserve, makes assault units scoring)

2 x 10 Assault marines (each with 2 x Eviserator and 1 x PF on Sgt, 2 x flamers)

1 x 10 Devastators (4 x grav cannon and 1 x combi-grav) in pod

1 x 5 Devestators (4 x multi-melta and 1 x combi-melta) in pod

So sort of a one dimensional list that will struggle against certain others but wanted to have a crack and see what it goes like.

Thoughts?

Posted here as this is the tournie topic.

--------------------

40K goals for 2017 - play socially more often, complete armies on parade project with son.

Life goals - Lose 15kgs, improve health, spend more quality time with my wife, children and grandchildren. Catch up with friends.
+Quote Post
Malakii
post Dec 17 2015, 09:40 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(fofjunior @ Dec 17 2015, 11:44 AM) *

Okay, so I've pencilled this in. Is this the type of list you would expect to see:

List looks fine to me...but to this really isn't the type of event were the TOs are advising players to alter lists to meet a defined level of power criteria, you just need to adhere to the limits.

Just a reminder in the players pack it makes specific reference to being able to show your opponent the rules set your using (if asked)...and as this is being played in a GW store you can't exactly pull out your iPad with the dodgy pirate copy armata_PDT_04.gif ... so make sure you have the real rules version of whatever your fielding!!
+Quote Post
fofjunior
post Dec 18 2015, 08:22 AM
Post #16

I don't have a pirated version but I have the rules printed on my army list which is from battle scribe - is that okay?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Malakii
post Dec 18 2015, 03:38 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(fofjunior @ Dec 18 2015, 08:22 AM) *

I don't have a pirated version but I have the rules printed on my army list which is from battle scribe - is that okay?

Hmmm...not actually 100% sure. I think so...but let me check & get back you.

FYI - If this wasn't run at a Games Workshop store I'd say all good armata_PDT_34.gif ...but you know GW is a funny company at the best of times...
+Quote Post
fofjunior
post Dec 18 2015, 04:46 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(Malakii @ Dec 18 2015, 03:38 PM) *

Hmmm...not actually 100% sure. I think so...but let me check & get back you.

FYI - If this wasn't run at a Games Workshop store I'd say all good armata_PDT_34.gif ...but you know GW is a funny company at the best of times...

Yeah I'm familiar with their policy. If that's no good I'll see if I can get a photo copy of print out of the proper rules as well biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Malakii
post Jan 18 2016, 11:21 PM
Post #19

Friendly bump. Time to commit your name if you want a spot tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Il Kaithe
post Jan 22 2016, 10:29 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 16,690

Entrance fee paid - Justin Rees
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th October 2019 - 10:37 PM