Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Re-Invigorating the QNK WGAU pages, Facebook takes it up the... err.. nose! Do Dah, Do Dah!
Bajau
post Sep 27 2014, 11:06 AM
Post #21

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 2,051

QUOTE(ken-in-yorks @ Sep 25 2014, 08:02 AM) *
Woo hoo, got to love a chance to rant tongue.gif

biggrin.gif
It's modern times, like it or lump it, social media is getting easier and easier to use, it's where the masses are, and there's also the "I want it now attitude" prevalent in society in general. Facebook is instant.

Yup. I use it a lot in teaching (my senior classes are encouraged to have a 'group' so they can communicate and help each other or pass on my emails).

Also, the upcoming generation will be social media savvy, and that's where the future of the club, and wargaming in general lies, they need to be catered too. And social media makes things so much easier, for example, posting pics here is a chore in itself, with several steps and god knows what else, FB is click attach, you're done.

Agree about the picture posting 'but' the difficulty is sort of worth it when you can more easily control Photobucket, etc when you want to delete/cull online presence. And the irony of "Social Media" is that WGAU is as social media... wink.gif The fact that it's supposedly harder to access is a state of mind. If the information is there than people will use it. Simple as that.

I find myself using it, it seems a necessary evil, and is a bit** to keep on top of security settings, every bloody update seems to change them back to free for all, grumble, grumble, grumble

THIS ^

I think trying to maintain two forums, i.e. here and FB, will be a bridge too far, people simply aren't going to bother with both, a reflection of modern times again.

I'm not too convinced on this yet... unsure.gif The club hasn't run a decent campaign for a while and I'm not seeing the usefulness of FB for such an endeavour... I'd like to think that the two can work in tandem. smile.gif

The danger with "micro-clubs"

I can't find a single word in that paragraph that I disagree with! laugh.gif Especially the "grumpy" bit... tongue.gif

I agree with you wholeheartedly about businesses advertising straight to the club group page, unless they're sponsoring the group, which I'm unaware of. If I'm interested in a business, I'll follow their page/website, but that's my choice, not to have it thrown upon me.

Pretty much my opinion as well. This is what I was meaning about the 'selling' on the page. I've got

QUOTE(Eltnot @ Sep 25 2014, 08:44 AM) *
Just a word of input, I'm not a member of your club because I don't live close enough to make it worth the drive up North to you guys on a regular basis. However I am interested in events that you guys may run on weekends etc. Since I'm not a member, I don't follow your facebook group (and probably wouldn't even know you guys existed if not for posts on the forums here), and as such won't know about any events that you guys may run and only talk about on the facebook group. So if you want to gain new members easily and attract players to events, utilising the forums here certainly won't hurt, even if it is just to advertise special events, etc.

This^ armata_PDT_34.gif

--------------------
Infinity Games Won: Very Little... / Infinity Games Lost: Millions (Damn you Chaddinator!) <Naga Snipers For The WIN!!!>

Bloodbowl Games Won: Some / Bloodbowl Games Lost: Some / Bloodbowl Trash Shovelled: SH!TLOADS!!!!

QNK Chief Bullsh!t Artist

QUOTE(knockout @ Jun 7 2011, 05:14 PM) *
If I tell you a dice has six sides... check the dice, then check the rulebook. Don't believe me cause I'm known the be full of it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th June 2019 - 04:21 PM