Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Human/ merc "TAU" army, 1st "crisis" suit nearly done
dedhed
post Jan 6 2010, 12:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 2,591

I know this kinda looks like the suits from "Avartar" but I had had this idea for a long time and until the new multi poses sentinels came along I couldnt be bothered to try and re-pose them. The crisis suits will have missile pods, plasma rilfe and WHEN I do the stleath suits, I will build mini-guns with belt feeds. Stuff like that.

NOt sure how to finish the canopy of the suit, have some basic shapes to work with but its all a little fiddly. This suit will be my commander, the rest wont be able to be opened (too much work). I have a bunch of small screens and detail from different kits that will be going inside as well. Still trying to work out where I mount the weapons but I think they will go under the arm.

All the joints move as I want them to be in "action" poses. Thinking of big chucks of buildings and columns, with the suits hugging terrain, leaping etc.....

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

The idea for the army is a bunch of mercs using "borrowed" tau tech along with standard human tech. Hence the more chunky/ less refined versions of the crisis suits. Basically it will be a infantry based army, about 3 crisis suits, 3 broadsides, heaps of foot sloggers and will see about the rest. Considering using valkyries for the transports and hammer-heads. Its not for gaming but a hobby project so dont really care if the army wont perform well on the table!

I have about 20 door gunners from the valkyrie kit and they will be my fire warriors. Guns will be cadian arms and rifle chamber with pulse rifle barrels. MAY use standard kroot as kroot but may use beastmen.......
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
chromedog
post Jan 6 2010, 12:27 PM
Post #2

Traditionally Unimpressed

Member No.: 3,236

Also looks a lot like the mech (APU) suits used in the Matrix sequels (defence of Zion).

There are two models of these in Avatar, too (one lot are unarmed, and are cargo handlers, the other are used by the SecFor grunts).

Nice start. Hands are Wraithlord hands, yeah?

This post has been edited by chromedog: Jan 6 2010, 04:05 PM

--------------------

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And yet, with strange aeons, even death may die.

+Quote Post
dedhed
post Jan 11 2010, 07:00 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,591

Bit of an update:

I wasnt happy with the arms being so far back (the fists would just go a little way past the actual ####pit). Also wanted to add to the hull and give it a bit of shape. Still have a couple of bits to add to the sides (the sensor/ targeter from the landraider and a few other bits). Will be adding some rivets that I got while in Japan a number of years ago and never used.

IPB Image

Prefer the arms where they are now. I dont even know where the box like bits on the hull come from but they work well I think.
IPB Image

As this will be my commanders vehicle/ suit, I wanted to have the interior detail, wont be doing that to the rest. The interior detail near his head are from the lights from the valkyrie kit and the screen is cut-down ( As the whole piece was too big for the area, I used the rest of the buttons on both sides of the screen to add detail to other parts of the interior) from the inside scanner of the rhino.
IPB Image

The top and back arent done yet but the engine will go back in place as it was before and the top and front "shield/ armour" wont be finished till I paint the interior. I have to seal it as best as I can and then I will be casting up the hull bits ( not the arms, engine, arm mounts etc etc). Like I said I want the commanders one to be able to be opened.

+Quote Post
Chaplain_Fortis
post Jan 14 2010, 01:41 AM
Post #4

Authority Bared

Member No.: 4,901

That looks really cool, but the fists look rediculous and ruin the model overall as they don't fit properly and are also really silly. Try claws of some kind or something like that.

--------------------
Existential memes for nihilistic teens
+Quote Post
Snap
post Jan 17 2010, 12:15 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 3,397

dedhed - love the idea, although I've got to agree with Chaplain_Fortis...not that the hands look ridiculous, but they need to be bigger to match in with the arms in general. Something along the lines of the Venerable Dreadnought maybe?!?

Also the feet need some extra 'toes' or possibly widen the front one, would look a little less unstable...

Great work! armata_PDT_37.gif

--------------------
"...There are too many people praying for mountains of difficulty to be removed; what they really need is courage to climb them..."
+Quote Post
YAUJTA
post Jan 17 2010, 03:09 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,496

HAVE MY BABIES!!!.

Seriously though very nice job. I'm not one way or the other about the hands really. However, seems a shame to cover the pilot up like that. Perhaps some perspex instead of solid grey plastic. The driver looks great. Go for a sort of Aliens power loader look.

--------------------
Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sky from me
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2017 - 05:11 AM