Krefey
post Sep 17 2018, 11:56 AM
Post #1381

Authoritarian Forum Dictator
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 98

QUOTE(Master Chris @ Sep 17 2018, 10:31 AM) *

Yeah, I'm pushing the CAX event. Missed the Progetto event and I'm slowly grinding to the Super-Conq, so having a trainer tank would be ace. Unlocked the Carnaevon, so a good time to go ham on British heavies.

Expect to have 30% discount unlocked tonight or tomorrow.

Hoping to get to 50% off before the event shuts down.

Just can't seem to crack the Tier X missions, so having to slog through the XP variant, sadly.

Isn't the mission for Russian heavies? The Obj 277? Or am I looking at the wrong section?

--------------------
www.celestial-lions.net

Laser Shark Designs
Webstore
Offering custom laser cut goods for your gaming needs :)
(I'm just starting out, but would welcome requests / input)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post Sep 17 2018, 12:10 PM
Post #1382

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 4,171

So yeah, there's a mission for 'Road to the Obj 277' but there's also an event for earning the new premium British T8 heavy.

You should see a little British flag at the top-centre of your Garage GUI (THere's 3 icons, IIRC, the flag is on the far left of them), that'll link to the British mission/event.

--------------------
Everything that existed before I was born is irrelevant, everything that exists after I die is lucky.
+Quote Post
Blackhearts Reaver
post Sep 18 2018, 07:27 AM
Post #1383

Member No.: 446

we're already at day 4 so to be ontrack for free canaevon 8 you would be at 80K base xp.... lol I am already behind.

You can win 3 premium days (lvl4+ lvl7?+lvl9?) so if you don't normally run prem acct you can time 1-2-3 days and really grind hard on those days.

--------------------
Run local tourneys, Make terrain. 75,000+ pts...Play 1-3 games a week...(40K,BFG,BB,FoW).
Good Trader +149 .....QLD Masters: 1st/14(Tau), 1st/12(Daemons), 4th/15(Daemons), 1st/16(Orks), 2nd/15? (IG), 6th/22(Eldar).
AUS ranking=briefly No.1. :) ATC2011=QLD team ChampionsATC2012=QLD 5th
Retired from Competitive play sometime early? 2013

Try to be positive and help... not negative and tear things down.

"I passionately believe that's it's not just what you say that counts, it's also how you say it - that the success of your argument critically depends on your manner of presenting it." Alain de Botton
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post Sep 18 2018, 11:08 AM
Post #1384

QUOTE(Blackhearts Reaver @ Sep 18 2018, 07:27 AM) *

we're already at day 4 so to be ontrack for free canaevon 8 you would be at 80K base xp.... lol I am already behind.

You can win 3 premium days (lvl4+ lvl7?+lvl9?) so if you don't normally run prem acct you can time 1-2-3 days and really grind hard on those days.

Haha, you're not meant to be 'on track'. they want you to push just far enough into the tiers that you feel pot committed to buy the tank near the end, so you don't feel like you wasted the previous 2-3 weeks.

I'm already resigned to paying $45-55 or so for the tank in a week or so.

--------------------
Everything that existed before I was born is irrelevant, everything that exists after I die is lucky.
+Quote Post
Blackhearts Reaver
post Sep 18 2018, 12:03 PM
Post #1385

yeah of course. WoT is getting desperate to get the spends going. They have obviously seen it is better to get people to spend on "things" rather than ephemeral stuff like multipliers/ prem/ minor adds like converting XP/ etc.

A coupon just arrived in my WoT box +7 days prem, if you spend $30 US on non-gold items..... The research must be indicating the $30US is the likely Spend.... hahaha

I used to give them a yearly budget of cash but now only get the odd thing that is cheap and fun 1-2 times a year.

This post has been edited by Blackhearts Reaver: Sep 18 2018, 12:05 PM

--------------------
Run local tourneys, Make terrain. 75,000+ pts...Play 1-3 games a week...(40K,BFG,BB,FoW).
Good Trader +149 .....QLD Masters: 1st/14(Tau), 1st/12(Daemons), 4th/15(Daemons), 1st/16(Orks), 2nd/15? (IG), 6th/22(Eldar).

"I passionately believe that's it's not just what you say that counts, it's also how you say it - that the success of your argument critically depends on your manner of presenting it." Alain de Botton
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post Sep 18 2018, 03:26 PM
Post #1386

I wonder how desperate they really are. Seems like the game is ticking along nicely.

That said, I'm mostly the other way around. I can't bear the idea of spending $60-80 for a tank but I don't mind throwing $7-12 at them every fortnight or so for a pack of 30 Credit Boosters, as I'm mostly hurting for credits at the moment.

I also got that coupon, my guess is that the ATV (average transaction value) is actually closer to 20-25 and they want to step up income a little by encouraging people to stretch just a little bit. It's cute, and I trawled the shop to see if I could find something worth $30 USD to buy but wasn't convinced.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Herald
post Sep 18 2018, 07:40 PM
Post #1387

Professional slacker

Member No.: 7,589

QUOTE(Blackhearts Reaver @ Sep 18 2018, 07:27 AM) *

Premium doesn't affect it. It counts base exp.

QUOTE(Master Chris @ Sep 18 2018, 03:26 PM) *

I wonder how desperate they really are. Seems like the game is ticking along nicely.

Player numbers are slowly going down, 1.0 brought back a fair few people but it wasn't a sustained boost. Wait times are getting to be an issue on the Asian server especially in mid to low tiers even in prime time. Plus you've got things like the Polish line being designed to be a grind that gives people a sour taste.

--------------------

Think on it.
+Quote Post
Blackhearts Reaver
post Sep 19 2018, 08:04 AM
Post #1388

Nubers onm teh Asian server are definately going down.... at 1.0 it was about 17000 players with about 1700 on the Aus server when it started.

It hovered at 12K for a while and now it is down to under 10K often.

The Aus server was steady at 1100 players for a while ( i think they were auto shunting some other countries to the Aus server. Now that has stopped it dropped 1700>1100. now it is struggling to make 1000 players often.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Master Chris
post Sep 19 2018, 10:02 AM
Post #1389

Interesting.

I do notice that in order to grind any tank under Tier 5 I have to shunt over to the HK server to get a game, the same is true for Tier Xs sometimes.

Well, made it up to the 30% discount threshold. Punching on for the 50% before the event ends.

Got a hot tip from a clan-mate last night: Tier 6 is where you get the best base XP in games at the moment.

Bloody true, he was. My XP per game jumped as soon as I dropped down.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Blackhearts Reaver
post Sep 19 2018, 10:05 AM
Post #1390

I have the ability to grind a bit in the day time but it is not helping much. MM seems to be putting me in to teams to carry them. All to often on teams that get flogged 3-15. can't carry when you are 0-6 down in 5 min.

it puts a big dent in XP when you lose more games than you win and you never reallly had a chance to even it out.

I have cycled to tanks that just play well. I have tanks i am grinding (for fun or for Clan) but have had to stop some of them (Like the centurion> Super Conq. and the T44 and my Lttb etc. They are tanks that cant carry r even attempt to when they are on teams that do badly in the first 5 mins.
When MM is screwing me (and my regular fellow platoon mate) we drop down and play Luch's platoon for a couple. It confuses MM and we seem to get better match ups for a while after that.

QUOTE(Hearald)
Premium doesn't affect it. It counts base exp.

If you look at the detailed results for a battle the base XP is increased by Premium account.

This post has been edited by Blackhearts Reaver: Sep 19 2018, 01:24 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Herald
post Sep 19 2018, 05:20 PM
Post #1391

Professional slacker

Member No.: 7,589

QUOTE(Master Chris @ Sep 19 2018, 10:02 AM) *

Got a hot tip from a clan-mate last night: Tier 6 is where you get the best base XP in games at the moment.

Bloody true, he was. My XP per game jumped as soon as I dropped down.

Tier 9 seems to be working for me.

QUOTE(Blackhearts Reaver @ Sep 19 2018, 10:05 AM) *

If you look at the detailed results for a battle the base XP is increased by Premium account.

The 50% bonus to exp that you get from premium isn't added to the challenge. If you have premium 2/3rds of the exp you earn gets added and that figure equals the amount of exp you're displayed as having earned on the team screen on the results page.

--------------------

Think on it.
+Quote Post

70 Pages V « < 68 69 70
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2018 - 01:10 PM