Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gosford Shield 2012
Spakka
post Oct 13 2011, 10:57 AM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 4,363

Hello everyone.

The annual Gosford Shield one day 40k event is on again. This time around, the event is being hosted by Good Games Gosford and Team Pirate wargaming club. The TO for this event will be myself (Dan Hale), with support from Damien Carter.

Event details:
Date: Saturday the 14th of January, 2012.
Time: Registration at 8:45, games begin at 9am sharp. We aim to end no later than 5:30pm.
Venue: Niagara park Community Center. The community center is located within a small shopping complex and is roughly 150 meters, or 2 minutes walk, from Niagara park station.
Games: 4 games @ 1250 points.
Cost: $25
Player limit: 36

The players pack can be found here: Gosford Shield 2012 Players pack

Hope to see you there. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Spakka: Nov 8 2011, 02:52 PM

--------------------
Crew Member of Team Pirate Gosford

Clan Nova Cat. Making your victories pyrrhic since 2807.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ultraguard
post Oct 15 2011, 07:13 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,233

when do we have to put our names down
+Quote Post
Spakka
post Oct 17 2011, 08:40 AM
Post #3

You can put your name down whenever you want, though places will be only be secured once payments are in.

Will be speaking to Damien about how and when players can begin making payments when I go over the final draft of the players pack on Sunday.

And on that note, apologies to all, but I've had to put working on the players pack on hold for a few days. I have two very important exams coming up this Saturday and I'll be spending most of this week studying for them (am downloading a bunch of past exam papers for practice as I type this). I need to pass both of them with at least a distinction rating in each to get into a particular course I want next year.

Thankfully though this is the last thing I'll need to do study wise till Feb next year, so I'll have plenty of free time to work on the event and make up a couple of tables worth of new terrain.

This post has been edited by Spakka: Oct 17 2011, 08:43 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jester of Death
post Oct 21 2011, 08:16 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,002

Put me down with a +1. Where do we pay?

JoD

--------------------
4 Sharp Whistle Blasts!!
The rabbit is just is monkey in disguise!

TOG1R

Good Trader points 77
+Quote Post
Azure Fade
post Oct 21 2011, 09:17 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 4,627

At this point Good Games Gosford.

I am hoping to add an entry to the Good Games Online Store so out of towners can pay that way.

--------------------
40k Commander of Team Pirate Gosford//Good Games Gosford
Malifaux Henchman of the NSW Central Coast
+Quote Post
Azure Fade
post Oct 23 2011, 08:18 AM
Post #6

Online Entry Link

http://online.goodgames.com.au/product_inf...oducts_id=36644

Remember to put your name in the details/comments.

This post has been edited by Azure Fade: Oct 23 2011, 08:20 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
MarkC
post Nov 8 2011, 11:55 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: Support Veteran
Member No.: 1,849

Players Pack is available from http://www.gosfordgamers.net/events

EDIT: is now also attached to this post.

2nd EDIT: replaced attachment with version 1.2 (with spelling and formatting fixes)

Note that I am not involved in running the event this year. I just uploaded it for the TO.

This post has been edited by MarkC: Nov 22 2011, 10:47 AM

--------------------
Currently working on:
(ADLG) 15mm Carthaginians

Would play if I had time:
(FoW) Australian Rifle Company (EW/MW): 1500 pts / 200+ pts
(FoW) Deutsches Africa Korps (EW/MW): 1500 pts / 200+ pts
(FoW) Canadian Rifle Company (LW): 1750 pts
(Saga) Vikings

Packed away:
(WFB) 2600+ pts Dwarfs
+Quote Post
Spakka
post Nov 8 2011, 02:51 PM
Post #8

Thanks again for all your help Mark. armata_PDT_34.gif

Okay guys, get your entries in ASAP to guarantee your spot.

This post has been edited by Spakka: Nov 8 2011, 03:08 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
blacktempla
post Nov 15 2011, 09:13 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 9,851

Im probs gonna stop in and pay on saturday smile.gif

This post has been edited by blacktempla: Nov 15 2011, 09:14 PM

--------------------
Get back in your hole, you know......... the hole.......... where your army once was........HA!

+Quote Post
chadmac
post Nov 21 2011, 08:08 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 6,258

Rules question for Spakka, This will come up in at least some if not all my games.

If a unit loses more than a quarter of its models while in a vehical what happens? Take a morale check and?
do they fallback out of the tank?
Does the tank fall back?
Does the tank count as falling back but not move?

--------------------
Lords of the Garage - that one from gosford
+Quote Post
Spakka
post Nov 21 2011, 10:45 AM
Post #11

If a unit loses more than a quarter of its models while in a vehical what happens? Take a morale check and?
do they fallback out of the tank?
Does the tank fall back?
Does the tank count as falling back but not move?

You're talking about the case where a unit trying to shoot or use a psychic power out of a fire point suffers 25% or more casualties from something like overheating plasma guns or perils of the warp??

I'm going to call that if the unit suffers 25% or more casualties due to overheat/perils/etc whilst they are embarked on a vehicle, they do not have to take a morale check at the end of the phase. (Going with the keep things simple option)

--------------------

+Quote Post
chadmac
post Nov 21 2011, 11:32 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 6,258

QUOTE(Spakka @ Nov 21 2011, 11:45 AM) *

You're talking about the case where a unit trying to shoot or use a psychic power out of a fire point suffers 25% or more casualties from something like overheating plasma guns or perils of the warp??

I'm going to call that if the unit suffers 25% or more casualties due to overheat/perils/etc whilst they are embarked on a vehicle, they do not have to take a morale check at the end of the phase. (Going with the keep things simple option)

That is exactly what I'm talking about, And thats the best answer I could hope for.

--------------------
Lords of the Garage - that one from gosford
+Quote Post
Jester of Death
post Nov 23 2011, 09:54 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 2,002

dont you only take 25% morale tests from enemy shooting?

JoD

--------------------
4 Sharp Whistle Blasts!!
The rabbit is just is monkey in disguise!

TOG1R

Good Trader points 77
+Quote Post
Azure Fade
post Nov 23 2011, 01:08 PM
Post #14

Nope its 25% in any phase. So you can dangerous terrain your guys off the table...

--------------------
+Quote Post
casperionx
post Dec 17 2011, 10:36 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 9,557

With regards to bonus points, if a HQ choice is the highest pointed HQ choice AND the highest pointed UNIT (IC's are effectively their own unit), would that be considered as the highest unit kill/surviving for that bonus point, or does the HQ when (if) it starts the game with a squad, does that squad become the highest pointed unit in your army?

--------------------
The moral of the story is, "If we have to have Cpt. Useless (Belial), we might as well let him take a few bullets for us."

This is how to server beer - the 40k blog

For All my sales threads - Please note: - they are up for sale in other locations - I may choose who I sell to.

+Quote Post
casperionx
post Dec 17 2011, 10:50 PM
Post #16

Also for the first mission, can the secondary of it be the dedicated transport for a unit - as it is its own unit?

--------------------
The moral of the story is, "If we have to have Cpt. Useless (Belial), we might as well let him take a few bullets for us."

For All my sales threads - Please note: - they are up for sale in other locations - I may choose who I sell to.

+Quote Post
Spakka
post Dec 18 2011, 08:47 PM
Post #17

With regards to bonus points, if a HQ choice is the highest pointed HQ choice AND the highest pointed UNIT (IC's are effectively their own unit), would that be considered as the highest unit kill/surviving for that bonus point, or does the HQ when (if) it starts the game with a squad, does that squad become the highest pointed unit in your army?
Okay:
Most expensive HQ = HQ character or unit that costs the most points.
Most expensive unit = the most expensive unit in your army that isn't a HQ choice.

If any independent characters join a unit during the game, they do not add their points value to the unit - the IC and the unit are still separate units for the purposes of this objective.

On the other hand, Wolf guard and Necron crypteks who are split off and attached to a squad become permanent members of that squad - they will count towards the points total for the squad they are attached to.

Also for the first mission, can the secondary of it be the dedicated transport for a unit - as it is its own unit?

Yes, you can choose a dedicated transport as the unit your opponent has to keep alive. Just remember that your opponent can do the same to you, and the trick is that you won't know which unit you need to keep alive till the end of the game.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mr Peon
post Dec 21 2011, 04:03 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 6,253

Couple of questions, missions 4.

- How are scalps split up if 2 friendly units sweeping advance a single unit?
- If an Ic joins or leaves a squad who gets the scalps, can you use that effect to move scalps around like pain tokens?

Mission 2
- Any model (transport or anything) moves more than 6" in a phase for any reason must take a dangerous terrain test? regardless of how far they are from the mines? or only next to them?

- Can mines explode multiple times? or once and it goes?

- if the mine only doing the dangerous terrain test or does it also have the mine effect from the space marine codex?
+Quote Post
Spakka
post Dec 22 2011, 12:10 PM
Post #19

- How are scalps split up if 2 friendly units sweeping advance a single unit?

Hmm, good question. Never had that come up before in previous events.

Since both units would each make their own sweeping advance roll to try and catch the fleeing enemy unit, I will rule it that the token will go to whichever unit scored higher on the Initative +D6 roll. If it is still a tie, roll a D6 - on a 1-3, it is one unit, on a 4-6, it is the other unit.

- If an Ic joins or leaves a squad who gets the scalps, can you use that effect to move scalps around like pain tokens?

Scalp tokens cannot be moved around like pain tokens - they belong to whichever unit earned them (they hold the bragging rights for the kill)

If the IC joins or separates from a squad, the IC will keep any scalp tokens they have earned whilst the squad will keep any markers they have earned.

If a scalp token is earned whilst an IC is joined to a squad, the squad will receive the scalp token for destroying an enemy unit unless it can be specifically proven that it was the IC who inflicted the kill.

For example:
- An IC with a combi melta joined to a squad with no other melta weapons shoots a vehicle with the melta shot and wrecks it. In this case, it is clear that the IC was responsible for the kill, so the IC will get the scalp token.
- An IC is joined to a squad and is engaged in close combat. The IC striking at a different Initiative step to the rest of the squad manages to wipe out the last member of an enemy unit in CC, so the IC will get the scalp token.

Also, if a squad with attached IC is wiped out but the IC is still alive, the IC will not pick up any scalp tokens that were held by the squad. The tokens will be lost.

- Any model (transport or anything) moves more than 6" in a phase for any reason must take a dangerous terrain test? regardless of how far they are from the mines? or only next to them?

Yep, any unit moving over 6" in any phase must take a dangerous terrain check regardless of how close or far away the minefields are.

Fluff wise, most of the mines were discovered and concentrated areas have been marked, but there is always the off chance that there were some mines that remained undiscovered.

Should also point out though - units with rules that allow them to ignore dangerous terrain, such as C'tan shards and Vindicators with siege shields will also ignore the dangerous terrain checks for moving over 6" in a single phase.
Vehicles with dozer blades will allow you to re-roll failed dangerous terrain checks from moving over 6" as well.
Tau vehicles with sensor spines also do not have to roll for dangerous terrain if they moving over 6".

- Can mines explode multiple times? or once and it goes?

Multiple times - the minefield markers simply represent an area of dangerous terrain that remains in play for the whole game (no guarantee that the few mines that explode after one unit moves through were all the mines in that area).

The only way a minefield marker and the minefield it represents can be removed during the game is via Ork Gretchin units with their "It's a grots life" rule.

- if the mine only doing the dangerous terrain test or does it also have the mine effect from the space marine codex?

They are just dangerous terrain.

This mission is already about as complex as I'd go for a tournament mission.

--------------------

+Quote Post
casperionx
post Dec 22 2011, 07:32 PM
Post #20

Thanks for the clarification Spakka smile.gif see ya there.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th July 2019 - 06:00 AM