> Admonitions of a Suss Sufferer: Mark 2, all about Mark 3
Angry_Norway
post Yesterday, 10:17 AM
Post #681

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 10,012

Game 406 - Magnus1(Irr) vs Vlad-1(CM) - League Round 1
Mirage

Back to the home town, league time. Basically a tourney spread out over a few months, each matchup getting a few weeks to sort out a game.

As I am not the brightest spark, I opted to go with Magnus1 with a bunch of Rovers. Madness. Prior to the actual game I kept looking at the list trying to work out how I was meant to win, these games were going to feature a fair chunk of flying by the seat of my pants, which is a ludicrous expression I think I never want to use again.

Opening round is into Meme-oth using the alternate history caster, little Vlady.
It's double Judicator, Sev0 with a Redeemer, Rhoven and bros.
I've got Mag1 with four Rovers, anotehr Rover being Marshalled by Dirty Meg (Had to get Pathfinder from somewhere....), double Eliminators, the lame version of the pirate cannon, a dwarf mortar, some shonky solos (Alten, Orin, Eilish).

Rolled up Mirage, randomly threw terrain on the board, ended up with a some skipping stone esque forests, water, rubble, a trench and a hill.

I won the roll, picked first with the intent to run forward and attempt a shoddy version of Magnus2's feat. Opposing list has a bunch of Proxies, the Huge bases are Judicators is the only one that really matters. I had to sub in a Rockram to take the place of the marshalled Rover.

My side is a bit more foresty and has some rubble in annoying spot for my unpack.
No obstructions, so Menoth isn't to terrain concerned anyway, though they do get a defensive trench.

Round 1: I remember advance move, such pride. Stuff runs up, the jacks are spread out. Alten goes super far left because that is how I roll.
The Menites opt to fling out AoE's, trying to kill the Kayazy and packed in solos. Luckily the drifts are hot garbage and ping nothing.
IPB Image

Merc 2:Welp, time to jam out and try to scenario this shizzle.
The Artillery and Orin lightning a rover kill the two forward placed Wracks in the dim hope of getting some kill points.
No other relevant attacks, Rovers run, then Magnus feats and they run again.
The Jack Marshalled one, being somewhat slower, goes to the top of my zone.
One runs out of Magnus' control range to be in the way of the left Judicator, another runs to engage Vlad in the trench, another goes up to the right Judicator. One Eliminator unit also runs up on the right. Magnus tries to hide out behind the trees and camp.
Harlen runs to the centre flag, Tinker goes to the right back spot.
IPB Image

Menoth 2: Vlad feats, walks back a touch, casts Signs and Portents and pops his feat. Swings on the Armour buffed Rover engaging him, takes off about half it's boxes.
The left Judicator opts to do its ranged attacks, leaving the left side pair of Rovers on about 4 boxes each.
Right Judicator shuffle around, easily melees the right side Rover and the one engaging Vlad into small piles of molten liquid.
The Jack Marshalled is salivating at Vlad, so Sevvy's Redeemer moves to be in the way.
IPB Image

Alas for the Menites, the over concern for assassination and gleeful attrition hadn't allowed for contesting, as realised way to late in the turn. I score three on their turn and auto win top of 3.

Let's not do that again. Would have been annoying to contest for Menoth, though doable (Judicators lob shots at my solos, Redeemer runs to my zone after a Road to War) and still do reasonable damage to the Rovers. I then either have to sort out an assassination or try more desperate scenario games. If we played this 10 times Menoth probably win 9 of them.

Anyway, League 1 down! Only....two or three more Magnus games to go? Yech.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post Yesterday, 02:55 PM
Post #682

Member No.: 4,171

Everyone does, indeed, want to be a pirate.

I'm happy you went with that YT clip rather than the hand-animated one that is...less...good for viewing...at work.

You've beaten Ashlynn this time, Gadget...but she's still out there...waiting...watching...

--------------------
Everything that existed before I was born is irrelevant, everything that exists after I die is lucky.
+Quote Post
Angry_Norway
post Today, 09:58 AM
Post #683

Member No.: 10,012

QUOTE(Master Chris @ May 21 2019, 02:55 PM) *

Everyone does, indeed, want to be a pirate.

I'm happy you went with that YT clip rather than the hand-animated one that is...less...good for viewing...at work.

We all know the most offensive Pirate media in existence today.

This one:

IPB Image

This post has been edited by Angry_Norway: Today, 09:58 AM
+Quote Post
Master Chris
post Today, 11:31 AM
Post #684

Member No.: 4,171

Correct.

--------------------
Everything that existed before I was born is irrelevant, everything that exists after I die is lucky.
+Quote Post

35 Pages V « < 33 34 35
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2019 - 04:38 PM