Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> DZC Bat Rep, Skirmish sized UMC vs Shaltari
ExquisiteMonkey
post Oct 10 2012, 01:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 11,033

So Fredy and I managed to squeeze in our first game of DZC on Sunday, much to our enjoyment.
The match was ~560 points, which is what Fredy indicated was the size of the starter box that he had, and each army was broken down into the following battlegroups & constituent squads;

UCM;
a) Squad of 3 x Sabre MBT's w/transport of 1 x Condor dropship
b) Squad of 3 x Rapier AA's w/transport of 1 x Condor, 2 Squads of 3 x UCM Infantry w/transport of 1 x Bear APC both transported in 1 x Condor.
IPB Image

Shaltari;
a) Squad of 3 x Tomahawk MGT
b) Squad of 1 x Jaguar Warstrider
c) Squad of 2 x Shaltari Braves
d) Squad of 2 x Shaltari Braves
e) Gates; 1 x Eden, 1 x Eden, 1 x Eden, 2 x Haven Terragate, 2 x Haven Terragate
IPB Image

As I write this, I realise that our lists are illegal. The b) battlegroup for UCM is more than half the points of the army, and the Shaltari Gate/Mass ratio is off, as well as the number of gate vs normal squad number. Will need to pay closer attention to lists in future.

We played the first standard scenario, so as not to confuse ourselves too much. This was set up with the small number of buildings I brought in the layout indicated by the book, with some additional trees placed about. The three buildings running central each had an objective placed in them (GW marker).
IPB Image

Turn 1; Shaltari gained the initiative.
*The Jaguar is activated, as well as one Eden gate. The Eden gate flies on to the Shaltari left flank at half pace in order to materialize the Jaguar, which then moves forwards at half pace also.
*The Sabre Battlegroup is activated and flies on to the UCM left flank at full pace.
IPB Image

*One Shaltari infantry battlegroup activates, along with one Eden, and one squad of Haven's. The Eden flies onto the center of the Shaltari line at half pace and materializes the squad of Havens which then move forward at half pace. The Braves remain in readiness aboard the orbiting mothership.
*The large UCM battlegroup activates. The Rapier squad comes onto the center of the UCM battleline and deploys behind some trees. The Bear carrying Condor moved on to the UCM left flank at half pace and deploys the Bears, which then moved forward half pace as well and deploy the infantry squads.
IPB Image

*The Tomahawk's activate as well as the remaining Eden, which flied onto the Shaltari right flank at half pace and materializes the grav tanks, which then move forward to take advantage of the cover of the building.
*The Remaining Shaltari infantry activate along with the remaining Havens, which both remain in readiness.
IPB Image

Turn 2; UCM gained the initiative.
*The Sabre BG activates. The Condor moves forward and deploys the Sabres into the shadow of the building.
*The Tomahawks + nearby Eden activates. The Tomahawks dart towards the centre of the batteline and the Eden zooms up the right flank. The Tomahawks open fire on the Rapiers, killing one.
IPB Image

*The big UCM BG activates. The Infantry and Bear's move forward. The Infantry Condor moves further towards the left flank. The Rapiers move forward, and the Rapier Condor ducks behind the nearby building. The Rapiers return fire on the Tomahawks and tear through two of the lightly armoured tanks.
*The Jaguar activates, moves forward and opens fire on the Rapiers, killing one.
*One Brave squad activates + the materialized Havens + the nearby Eden. The Havens move towards the central building and materialize the squad of Braves, which then move into the building. The Eden moves up to the building on the Shaltari right flank.
*The Remaining Brave squad activates + remaining Eden + dematerialized Havens. The Eden moves to behind the building on the Shaltari left flank and materializes the Havens, which then materializes the Braves into the building.
IPB Image

Turn 3; Shaltari gained the initiative.
*The Tomahawk activates + the Eden on the far right flank. The Eden zooms up to nearby the UCM infantry, and the Tomahawk moves back and unleashes on the Rapier, doing nothing.
*The large UCM BG activates. The Rapier moves forward, as does the infantry and Bears. The Condors continue their movements around the UCM left flank. The Rapier tries to take down the Tomahawk and fails. The Infantry use their small arms fire to fire at the nearby Eden, somehow removing all 3DP. The Eden crashes to the ground and removes 5 DP from one infantry base, removing it from play.
*The Jaguar activates + the Eden on the right flank. The Jaguar moves forward and the Eden swings up the right flank, away from the crazy UCM infantry. The Jaguar opens fire on the Rapier destroying it.
*The Sabres activate and move towards the center building. The Condor swings around the nearby building (out of sight in the photo)
*The Braves in the center building activate + nearby Havens. The Havens dart towards the safety of the large building. The Braves fail to locate the objective, and step up to the window to unleash a Gauss rifle shot on the nearby Sabres, doing nothing.
*The Braves on the Shaltari left flank activate + remaining Eden + remaining Havens. The Havens do nothing, the Eden moves to the right of the Jaguar, and the Braves fail to find the objective.
IPB Image

Turn 4; UCM gained the initiative.
*The Sabres activate. They advance down the laneway, and the Condor continues around to nearby the Havens. The Sabres unleash their Railguns on the tomahawk destroying it, and fail to hurt the Braves in the center building. The Condor launches a missile at the nearby Havens doing nothing.
*The Jaguar acivates + both Edens. The Eden on the right flank moves further forward, the Jaguar steps closer to the nearby Eden and relocates to the UCM flank. The Eden on the Shaltari left flank moves forward.
*The large UCM BG activates. One Condor moves closer to the central building while the other remains in place. The infantry squad with three bases moves forward as does both Bears. The other infantry squad remains stationary. The Condor fires a misslie at the nearby Jaguar doing nothing, while the 2 infantry bases also unleash their own rockets, removing 1 DP. The Condor in the center manages to remove 1 DP from the Braves in the building.
*The damaged Braves activate + nearby Havens. The Braves fail to find the objective, the Havens remain stationary. The Braves step to the window and unleash Guass rifle shots at the Sabres, destroying one.
*The remaining Braves and havens activate, staying staionary. The Braves fail to find the objective.
IPB Image

**More to follow

This post has been edited by ExquisiteMonkey: Oct 10 2012, 02:13 PM

--------------------
-Lindsay
Playing:
WHFB 8th edition: Dark Elves
Dropzone Commander: Shaltari Tribes
Deadzone: Marauders & (soon) Forge Fathers

My Deadzone app for Windows Phone

*Always on the lookout for more victims in Western Sydney - I'm only a PM away.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
fredy
post Oct 10 2012, 01:39 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 9,872

it was a great game, wouldnt mind to play bigger game...

--------------------
LET ME BURN YOUR WORLD
+Quote Post
ExquisiteMonkey
post Oct 10 2012, 02:13 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 11,033

**Had to split the post to get the photos in.

Turn 5; Shaltari gained the initiative.
*The Jaguar activates + nearby Eden; The Jaguar moves further up the flank whilst the Eden zooms back towards the Havens behind the building. The Jaguar opens fire on the nearby Condor with the Ion cannons destroying it, and fails to remove any DP from the Bears with the Guass cannons.
*The Sabres activate. The Condor remains stationary, the Sabres move further down the laneway.The Condor manages to remove 1 DP from the Havens while the Sabres fail to do any damage to the Braves in the building.
IPB Image

*The Braves in the center building activate. They find the objective and manage to destroy both Sabres with their Gauss rifles.
*The big UCM BG activates. The 2 base infantry remain staionary, while the 3 base squad continues up, and the Bears move towards the central building. The Condor moves away from the Jaguar. The Infantry try to hurt the Jaguar with their rockets and fails, as does the Condor & Bears against the Braves in the central building.
*The Remaining Brave squad activates + two Haven squads. In a move reminiscent of the tragically hopeless Shaltari general - H'faarked'itup - The Braves step out of the building losing them the chance to grab that objective. They dematrialize into the nearby Havens, then rematrialize into the objective building on the opposite side of the board. The depositing Havens move towards the central building.
IPB Image

Turn 6; Shaltari gained the initiative.
*The Central Braves activate + both Havens + nearby Eden. The Havens move close to the central building, the Eden moves up close to them. The Braves dematerialize into the Haven transferring the objective to the Havens. They Dematerialize into the previously vacated building via the other Havens. The objective carrying Havens now dematerialize into the Eden and remain that way, transferring the objective to the Eden and guaranteeing the VP to the Shaltari since the UCM had no AA left.
*The Bears and infantry all move up. All fire is ineffective against their targets.
IPB Image

*The other Jaguar activates and fires at the UCM infantry approaching the building, removing one base. (5DP)
*The infantry continue forward/remain stationary as previous turns. the Condor follows the gating Braves to the next objective building. All fire is ineffective against their targets.
*The Braves open up with their discuss launchers at the approaching UCM removing 7 of 10 DP!
IPB Image

Game ends, victory to the Shaltari by 1 VP.

In retrospect, we did a few things wrong as far as rules go, but also some glaring errors. I think Fredy deployed his infantry far to early, so he had no chance to grab the objectives. Whilst I abandoned one that had a high probability of becoming mine the next turn, to try for the other one with a lower probability.
I'm also glad I chose the Jaguar over the Kukri, as I needed the extra firepower to deal with the UCM armour. If I had of lost my Tomahawks without a Jaguar up my sleeve, I would be very hard pressed to take out any vehicles of the UCM.

Fredy, care to add anything - photo's/comments?

--------------------
-Lindsay
Playing:
WHFB 8th edition: Dark Elves
Dropzone Commander: Shaltari Tribes
Deadzone: Marauders & (soon) Forge Fathers

My Deadzone app for Windows Phone

*Always on the lookout for more victims in Western Sydney - I'm only a PM away.
+Quote Post
fredy
post Oct 10 2012, 08:19 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 9,872

that shaltari jaguar are nasty......and building are the best defence ...stay in the bulding dont get out....i pump every gun i got from my drop ship , my sabre tank and even machine gun from bear apc... only wound one.... armata_PDT_02.gif ....btw overall its a great game. .. need more minis and play bigger game biggrin.gif

--------------------
LET ME BURN YOUR WORLD
+Quote Post
Micky
post Oct 11 2012, 08:20 AM
Post #5

What is this now?

Member No.: 13,324

Awesome. Great to see people playing this awesome game. smile.gif

--------------------
Infinity: Onyx Force, Bakunin, Merovingienne, Imperial Service
KoW: Night Stalkers, Salamanders

Twitter: @Levialegions
Medium Blog: LegionsAU
+Quote Post
Warbossr
post Oct 15 2012, 05:59 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 9,529

Yeh , it looks like it would play better with more figures and points . Too expensive for my taste ATM . sad.gif

This post has been edited by Warbossr: Oct 15 2012, 05:59 PM
+Quote Post
dancater
post Nov 8 2012, 12:42 PM
Post #7

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,131

Simply great report armata_PDT_37.gif
+Quote Post
Rantimus_Prime
post Nov 3 2014, 02:26 PM
Post #8

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,728

Thats was a awesome Bat Rep, really well written!! I am hoping to see more DZC around. Its a awesome game!

+Quote Post
Gorgrunt_Ironhorn
post Nov 7 2014, 05:35 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 4,834

I miss Unlimited Hobbies sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th July 2019 - 03:43 PM